Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Let the Stoney Brigade BEGIN Pati!!! :D:D:D:D

I tell ya twinie....I am going to look into a stamp and stamp people's hand with "Welcome to PONYLAND"....Lori just said "OMG" when I said that and laughed....then I started to call it PONYVILLE.....see what Lydia started....hahahahahahah....I missed you Nadia!!!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
  • pearljammerpearljammer Posts: 237
    Stoney G is the new boss! Parachutes is a masterpiece.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • given2fly78given2fly78 Posts: 404
    good morning bump for stone...'cause I still love you! I watched the Alive video and you were rocking out at the end. What a guy!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Gen5 wrote:
    I tell ya twinie....I am going to look into a stamp and stamp people's hand with "Welcome to PONYLAND"....Lori just said "OMG" when I said that and laughed....then I started to call it PONYVILLE.....see what Lydia started....hahahahahahah....I missed you Nadia!!!!!

LOL! PONYLAND?! PONYVILLE?! OMG Pati, you make me laugh SO much at work! Luckily the boss isn't here :p I missed you too twinie:) How about PONYRIFFIC?! :D
    Stoney G is the new boss! Parachutes is a masterpiece.

I hear ya! Parachutes IS a masterpiece. there is NO doubt in that. (listening to it right now:)) LOVE the melodies in it. To me, it sounds very beatleseque, which i love. Stoney is a great musician and whatever he does is pure GREATNESS! And Stone is ALWAYS the boss. Even Eddie said during the South America shows, that they take orders from Stone :cool:
    good morning bump for stone...'cause I still love you! I watched the Alive video and you were rocking out at the end. What a guy!

YES! LOVE that Alive video. How about Even Flow w/that SISSY shirt?! :p That always gets me everytime!

ponies, i got to get back to working! hehe see you around!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh i know! Stone is a SOLID name!! And what a better middle name too: Carpenter!! :p that kicks ASS!!

and stonesgstring, I hear ya on the dough! gah!! I hope it is a devoted PJ fan that will wine and dine w/Stone and Kelly! AHHH!! Lucky punks whoever wins it!! oh someday, we'll meet the wonder of Stone. :D

Since my better half, Lydia showed her Stoney pics from that AWESOME solo show, I thought I would share mine! :cool: Of course, her pics are WAAAAY better than mine hahaha

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Seattle%20August%202004%20Trip/

enjoy fellow Ponies/Bitches! And yes, Steve Turner could easily passed as Stone's TWIN brother!! :D

Hey Nadi! :D I missed you guys too :) Somebody please gimme an update...haha, seems I missed a lot of stuff, sooo much going on here! :D lol.

And WHAT??? :eek: Stone's middle name is CARPENTER??? haha :D I didn't know that! :D lol! that's so cool, and kinda ironic....he's a Stone...and a Carpenter...he should be Woodie Carpenter...lol or Stone Sculpture... ok :o...you get my point :o

:p hehe.

Anyway....wow...I'm kinda amused by that, lol, I guess you learn something new everyday! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Hey Nadi! :D I missed you guys too :) Somebody please gimme an update...haha, seems I missed a lot of stuff, sooo much going on here! :D lol.

And WHAT??? :eek: Stone's middle name is CARPENTER??? haha :D I didn't know that! :D lol! that's so cool, and kinda ironic....he's a Stone...and a Carpenter...he should be Woodie Carpenter...lol or Stone Sculpture... ok :o...you get my point :o

:p hehe.

Anyway....wow...I'm kinda amused by that, lol, I guess you learn something new everyday! :D

an update...well, for one, our friend, SmilinSkullRing, put up links to a solo Stoney show, in which he sang Thin Air :eek: The Ponies/Bitches are getting together at the Gorge to take a picture :D ; hmm whatelse, oh yeah, how much Stone rocks! but you already knew that;) i don't know what else happened since i was gone haha. oh yeah, there is a dinner auction in San Francisco to eat dinner w/Stoney and Kelly Curtis..so far, the bid has gone up to $30000 :eek:

hehe. yeah, his middle name is Carpenter. Very STRONG name I think! LOL Woodie Carpenter and Stone Sculpture?! :p hahaha Juli u make me laugh!! haha LMAO!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    LOL! PONYLAND?! PONYVILLE?! OMG Pati, you make me laugh SO much at work! Luckily the boss isn't here :p I missed you too twinie:) How about PONYRIFFIC?! :D

PONYRIFFIC!!!! LOL.....That was brilliant.....hahahahahahaha.....I just have this vision (which I will show you tomorrow) of someone saying that and like giving a goofy thumbs up.....of course it's HILIARIOUS in my head....if only I could invite you in my head to see my vision, you would be cracking up.....=)

PONYVILLE is my own personal Xanadu......=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Gen5 wrote:
    PONYRIFFIC!!!! LOL.....That was brilliant.....hahahahahahaha.....I just have this vision (which I will show you tomorrow) of someone saying that and like giving a goofy thumbs up.....of course it's HILIARIOUS in my head....if only I could invite you in my head to see my vision, you would be cracking up.....=)

omg! :D hahaha I just had that vision as I read that....and it IS HILARIOUS! :D.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Gen5 wrote:

LOL! girl, that made me laugh too hard! hahaha :p I could just see Stone doing that! haha. Remember that pic of him wearing that grey hoodie w/his dark glasses? Back when he HAD hair. :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    HA! :D

Something like this Pati??

"It's PONYRIFFIC!!"
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/thumbsup2.jpg

:eek:

LOL!!!!! Oooh man, I know....what have I started? :D ahahah. Whatever it is, it ain't about to stop & I LOVE IT! :p

Oh and hush Nadi, your pictures are AWESOME! This will always be one of my absolute favs...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Seattle%20August%202004%20Trip/redstoney.jpg

:)
    Such a cool one!!

I also must add a little snippet from my friend's Storyteller review. Yes, I know someone that was BLESSED TO BE A WITNESS. :eek: I can't even begin to imagine! Wheeeew! Anyways, I thought this needed to be shared with in this thread sooner rather than later...

"Jeff was asked why he and Stone switch instruments on Smile. Jeff smirked and answered something to the effect of, "Because when we wrote that guitar part, it was just so easy that it would've been blasphemous to ask Stone Gossard to play it."

:D AHAHAHA!! YES!!!!
    "Blasphemous"?!?! LOL!!
    Jeff is a smart man.
    ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    HA! :D

Something like this Pati??

"It's PONYRIFFIC!!"
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/LadyPJ27/PJ/thumbsup2.jpg

:eek:

LOL!!!!! Oooh man, I know....what have I started? :D ahahah. Whatever it is, it ain't about to stop & I LOVE IT! :p

Oh and hush Nadi, your pictures are AWESOME! This will always be one of my absolute favs...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/pixiesdeal/Seattle%20August%202004%20Trip/redstoney.jpg

:)
    Such a cool one!!

I also must add a little snippet from my friend's Storyteller review. Yes, I know someone that was BLESSED TO BE A WITNESS. :eek: I can't even begin to imagine! Wheeeew! Anyways, I thought this needed to be shared with in this thread sooner rather than later...

"Jeff was asked why he and Stone switch instruments on Smile. Jeff smirked and answered something to the effect of, "Because when we wrote that guitar part, it was just so easy that it would've been blasphemous to ask Stone Gossard to play it."

:D AHAHAHA!! YES!!!!
    "Blasphemous"?!?! LOL!!
    Jeff is a smart man.
    ;)

YES!!!!! That picture.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....It's POOOOOOOOONY-RIFFIC!!!! LMAO!!!! Fucking brilliant!!!!! In PONYVILLE.....

Awwww....Jeff said that??!! That's so cool!!! hahahahahahaha.....and it makes me laugh.....hehehehehehe....Well, hell, that statement is PONYRIFFIC!!!

Considering that he IS the RIFF-meister.....
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    haha! Glad this has the PONY seal of approval. ;) That was definitely the picture that immedately came to mind. :D

YES! Isn't that awesome that Jeff said that? Made me laugh too. :p
    Gen5 wrote:
    he IS the RIFF-meister.....

HELL YES HE IS!
    Any and all riffs= Stoney's bitch!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    haha! Glad this has the PONY seal of approval. ;) That was definitely the picture that immedately came to mind. :D

YES! Isn't that awesome that Jeff said that? Made me laugh too. :p

HELL YES HE IS!
    Any and all riffs= Stoney's bitch!

Weren't we just celebrating the 800th post on this thread.....we are now like 55 post away from 1000.....look what you and Nadia started!!!! YAY!!!!!

I think we may be your bitches as well!! hehehehee
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    While I was at work, I read your responses, you guys are TOO much and Lydi, you read my mind w/that pic of Stoney w/the thumbs up! Stoney Seal of Approval;)

Oh GAWD! that is rad that jeff said that. Truly, it would have been 'blasphemous' :p

hey ladies, we are fast approaching the 1000th post..YEA!! I feel special. This thread just started from thin air :p this past year and the Stoney love has been going on forever!!

Through Stoney, (and YES, through PJ i have met SO many PJ fans) but through Stoney, I found more of a sisterhood w/my gals, Pati, Krista, Carlie and Lydi. Love you gals and love everyone else who posts on this board, we DEFINITELY have a union that NO one can touch! :cool:

oh yeah, I listened to Brad's interiors album today, and WOW! that album is SO good!! I LOVE it!! LOVE it!! Secret Girl and Sweet Al George, gets me grooving!!

Man if Brad tours, then Stone DEFINITELY needs some rest :p But then again, back in 2002, he toured w/Brad from the summer/fall and then did 2 shows BOTH w/PJ and Brad (opening up for PJ in Seattle) and the showbox shows ALL that same year. Then Feb. 2003, did the PJ Australia/Japan tour, then from April 2003-July 2003 was the North American Tour. 2004 brought us the Vote for Change tour. During that time, Stone did charity shows, and 3 solo shows? Can we say WHOA!? :eek: Seriously, this man is pushing 40, but yet he is working as if it was going out of fashion!

GO STONEY GO!! :D And for the love of your Ponies/Bitches, PLEASE release your solo album!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    HI meddle.

And Stone,
    there IS a Lexington,NC.

You should have been at the wedding, too.

LOLOVe,

allison
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
    Hey Ali! Nice to see you back on here :D

YEA! The Ponies are ALL here!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~

I was wondering if I had that show, I got it from justam on cassette a few weeks back. She didn't know the songs either. :) But I'm glad there is a mp3 version of this show from Planned Parenthood. :D Now, we need to find our Aug. 2004 Ballard, WA show and i'll be a happy clam! :)

btw, thank U Kelly for posting that!! YOU ROCK!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    While I was at work, I read your responses, you guys are TOO much and Lydi, you read my mind w/that pic of Stoney w/the thumbs up! Stoney Seal of Approval;)

Oh GAWD! that is rad that jeff said that. Truly, it would have been 'blasphemous' :p

hey ladies, we are fast approaching the 1000th post..YEA!! I feel special. This thread just started from thin air :p this past year and the Stoney love has been going on forever!!

Through Stoney, (and YES, through PJ i have met SO many PJ fans) but through Stoney, I found more of a sisterhood w/my gals, Pati, Krista, Carlie and Lydi. Love you gals and love everyone else who posts on this board, we DEFINITELY have a union that NO one can touch! :cool:

oh yeah, I listened to Brad's interiors album today, and WOW! that album is SO good!! I LOVE it!! LOVE it!! Secret Girl and Sweet Al George, gets me grooving!!

Man if Brad tours, then Stone DEFINITELY needs some rest :p But then again, back in 2002, he toured w/Brad from the summer/fall and then did 2 shows BOTH w/PJ and Brad (opening up for PJ in Seattle) and the showbox shows ALL that same year. Then Feb. 2003, did the PJ Australia/Japan tour, then from April 2003-July 2003 was the North American Tour. 2004 brought us the Vote for Change tour. During that time, Stone did charity shows, and 3 solo shows? Can we say WHOA!? :eek: Seriously, this man is pushing 40, but yet he is working as if it was going out of fashion!

GO STONEY GO!! :D And for the love of your Ponies/Bitches, PLEASE release your solo album!!:)

Brad/Stone did bring us together!!!! And from this board!!! I remember that....Had to bring you over to the "other" msg board.....hahahahahahah...And I was happy to do it!!!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    i know, i posted a lot today, but b/f I forget, i thought I would post it.:)

Pati, you said that the Stoney G Ms board deleted ALL the setlist for our show...well, I found the setlist from our show, I wrote it down in my notebook journal. Stone played 7 songs at the Ballard, WA Aug.8, 2004 show. This is the setlist:

1.new song
    2.Every Family
    3.new song
    4.Thin Air *missing verse*
    5.Bless Me Father
    6. Fits
    7. Anchors
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i know, i posted a lot today, but b/f I forget, i thought I would post it.:)

Pati, you said that the Stoney G Ms board deleted ALL the setlist for our show...well, I found the setlist from our show, I wrote it down in my notebook journal. Stone played 7 songs at the Ballard, WA Aug.8, 2004 show. This is the setlist:

1.new song
    2.Every Family
    3.new song
    4.Thin Air *missing verse*
    5.Bless Me Father
    6. Fits
    7. Anchors

You found it today from our show on the board??? Bless you Nadia!!!! YAY!!! I went there and like every comment was deleted. The first post would be there then the comments would be deleted.....Very cool that you found it!!! Are did you just find it in a journal you wrote in? Either way, YAY!!!!

And HELLO??? Why are you apologizing for your posts???? Silly girl!!!
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    Brad/Stone did bring us together!!!! And from this board!!! I remember that....Had to bring you over to the "other" msg board.....hahahahahahah...And I was happy to do it!!!!!

I SO remember that girl!! I was like 'is Brad touring?" and you lead me there...and that board, it was such a great community, we were a little family of Stone fans, which ROCKED!! :D Too bad that board is gone.:( A former shell of what it once was
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    I was wondering if I had that show, I got it from justam on cassette a few weeks back. She didn't know the songs either. :) But I'm glad there is a mp3 version of this show from Planned Parenthood. :D Now, we need to find our Aug. 2004 Ballard, WA show and i'll be a happy clam! :)

So I guess nobody got the Thin Air song huh? :(
    I REALLY REALLY wanna hear it if someone did.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    So I guess nobody got the Thin Air song huh? :(
    I REALLY REALLY wanna hear it if someone did.

I don't think so....Nadia is it on you cassette tape??
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Counting down the days now til I see Stone in action :cool:

Seems ages but hopefully it won't be.

P.S How do I become an official Pony? :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    LOL! girl, that made me laugh too hard! hahaha :p I could just see Stone doing that! haha. Remember that pic of him wearing that grey hoodie w/his dark glasses? Back when he HAD hair. :p
    I've only seen one pic of Stone with a hoodie on. And that pic is HOT! Stone kind of looks like a friend of mine that, well I fell in love with (long history there now), and with the hoodie it reminds me even more of him. Damn. :o:o
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
    MeddleDeal wrote:

:D Glad to help out! I have the show as .wav files to on a disc of course. I'm sending that to Pati. Not sure if I'm sending to anyway else yet.
    --

To have fallen for me
    Gen5 wrote:
    I don't think so....Nadia is it on you cassette tape??

yeah Pati, the one that you and Lydia got, the 6/17 Planned Parenthood show, is the one I have on cassette.:) So now we ALL get to share in it :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah Pati, the one that you and Lydia got, the 6/17 Planned Parenthood show, is the one I have on cassette.:) So now we ALL get to share in it :D
    Yip!! :D
    --

To have fallen for me
    I watched Singles again last night with my friend Becca. It was her first time seeing it, and she really liked it. I pointed out the music to her and that PJ's in the movie. She thinks Stone is cute. :D:D She has said it before, but then in the Garden DVD she wasn't so sure.
    --

To have fallen for me
    Stone is cute.
    This is a scientific fact.
    Indeed. I do not disagree with science.

KE = 1/2mv(to the second power cause I don't know how to make that)

Well, that proves Stone's cuteness.

posted in Stone's Bitches thread at RM.
    --

To have fallen for me