Love for Stone Gossard Thread

Comments

• Gen5Gen5 Posts: 405
    Those Obscured posts were like eating a bag of M&Ms and getting one with a rotten peanut in the middle... yech.. p'tooey :D And excuse me but if memory serves me correctly, there was a DUDE who posted about wanting to have Stone's lovechild so no fair pinning over-the-top StoneLove on just us chicks!! Sheesh. Sorry but I just had to get that off my chest :)

And now back to the LOVE.... thanks for the outpouring of beautiful jpgs this weekend. Made me downright swimmy-headed!!! And we FINALLY got pics of Jeff and Ed wearing the Stone t-shirts in BoStone, in this thread
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=198884
    I didn't realize they were in the same batch as the Jeff+Mike patticake shots!! You best be checking out that guy's blog... yowza :cool:

Lets see if I can post them here too:
    http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jeffstoneshirt5an.jpg
    http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=edstoneshirt3xy.jpg

So I've been waiting and waiting for payday so I could place a certain order with the 10C which I did on Thursday night. So what does the mailman bring me on Saturday (as in TWO days later)??? A BOX of SOX!!! I ordered four pairs... they're huge but awesome and I thank Stone for the nice quality :)

I got the set of six badges too (the cardboard says World Wide Fan Club) so now I got me a little Stoney to wear on my shirt. Life is Good :)

Those are very cool pictures!!! Even the band has got Stone fevah!! =)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.myspace.com/poworgen5

www.generationFIVE.org
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Yes, the PJ narrator/novelist strikes again! :p The duck demands it! I'm a slave to the duck. LOL!!!

ahaahhahaha. You said *get your hand stamped on the right*!!! :eek: :D LOL!##@%!!!!!!! TOO funny! See, Round & Round...with the crackin up too. :D
    I love it! YES~~> THE GORGE now = PONYLAND. :D

Stone is addicted to his own name?? HAAAAAA!!! :p Mr.Modest?? Mmmm hmmm...suuuuuure. We see through that disguise. :cool:

Well, you know, "you can't be queen (king) of the world if you're slave to the duck (grind)" according to Skid Row......We should get a stamp made for the gorge shows that says "Welcome to PONYLAND!!" hahahahahahahahah.....we can just stamp people's hand......=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
  • i love stone gossard
  • stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    i love stone gossard

:D:D That's the best thing I've heard so far today :D

I love him too :cool:

10 weeks and 2 days until I see him again on stage :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • paraxiaparaxia Posts: 1
    stone pretty much taught me to play guitar. (i'm really good too). lol.

much love.
  • paraxia wrote:
    stone pretty much taught me to play guitar. (i'm really good too). lol.

much love.
    Is that you EDDIE???????????
    LOL j/k :D:D

Stone looks like a teacher, plays like a mo'fo, don't he?
    Glad you got chops courtesy of The Man... you'll be a hit anywhere you play :)
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *sigh* Just look at all the LOVE. :o

HA Pati, Skid Row actually entered my mind as I was typing that out. hehe. :p

Happenstance, yes...an occasional bad nut happens, but nothing can stop the LOVE in this thread. NOTHING. If the love in this thread could be transformed into food I'm pretty certain that we'd stop world hunger. I mean, it's that serious. :)

Alright, as far as this here bootleg that sweet SmilinSkullRing...I know I praised it once but once is never enough when it comes to this band/MAN...I am sooo completely obsessed with track 1 ~>EVERY WHISPER. :o I can't stop listening to this song!!!!! NO really....I musta listened to it on repeat last night for a good hour straight. :eek: hahah. It's absolutely beeeautiful, soulful, sweet, funky, groovy...just, everything. Stoney's voice makes me weak in the knees...so sexy, so comforting. I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!

I guess the story behind this one (PONY did some research:p ) is that it's a new song from the upcoming BRAD cd. I guess they originally recorded it with STONEY singing too! :eek:

I remember reading this article http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001880744
    awhile back but now that I've heard the song it makes more sense

Regan said ...
    "The song 'Every Whisper' originally had Stone singing on it too, then we replaced it with Shawn, so it would be more continuous throughout the album. Stone's quite the singer nowadays."

YES!!! Check out that last part! hehehe. Awww! Made me smile. :D

Anyways, I'm so glad this STONEY version exists!

I also loooooove knowing that BEST FRIENDS will contain lots of Stoney goodness and that he will be on drums again for another track. Yep...Mr endless Talent. :cool:

Can't wait for that!! BEST FRIENDS!?? Awwww! I still can't get over that title. Too cute. :D

Well other than my current EVERY WHISPER obsession....I've also been on a major FITS repeat session today...

Whew---eeeee! The GROOVE IS LOOSE ON THIS ONE!

"albeit....I knooooow it.... these fits are made of change"

:o
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • SmilinSkullRingSmilinSkullRing Posts: 1,230
    Play C3 wrote:
    theres my ssr! i was wondering where id find you!
    Posting in a Stone thread of course. :D
    "Longitudes, latitudes, it's so absurd
    I just need someone to be there for
    I just want someone to be there for
    Someone to be there for me"
    --

"Well, you say it’s bad luck
    To have fallen for me
    Well what can I do to make it good for you
    I’ll call you beautiful if I call at all"
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    SmilinSkullRing...ah ha!! See...I thought this was the August show that we were at. :p Ok, so THAT mission continues. haha. Still...thanks so much for this. :D I'm currently listening to the 1st track. WHOA! Like, Keanu WHOOOOA! :eek: This is A-MAZING!!!!!! THE MAN CAN DO NO WRONG!!! This voice??:o Awwww!!! He sounds so beautiful here! I loooove it. This voice is like nothing else, a style all it's own...just like him. Man oh man.... I will continue to pray for that 2nd solo album. That is for damn sure. I can't wait to hear more of this show. I'm going back for more of track 1. That was too fuckin gorgeous! And the "I hee-yah" part? hahaha. LOVE IT!!!! STONE'S GOT SOUL POWER!!! Woooooo!

Also, speaking of pics....
    THANK YOU THANK YOU SmilinSkullRing!!!!!!
    Gooooooood times.
    :D
    I'll be on the look out for that August show! I would love to have it as well, and I would pass it on. :) That first track is amazing! I looooove it!! I think it may be my most listened to track lately behind "Pigeon" and "Fits".

A second solo album?! I would be in heaven!!! :D

I love those pics!! They are...delicious???? Yes, they are. lol :p
    --

To have fallen for me
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Alright, as far as this here bootleg that sweet SmilinSkullRing...I know I praised it once but once is never enough when it comes to this band/MAN...I am sooo completely obsessed with track 1 ~>EVERY WHISPER. :o I can't stop listening to this song!!!!! NO really....I musta listened to it on repeat last night for a good hour straight. :eek: hahah. It's absolutely beeeautiful, soulful, sweet, funky, groovy...just, everything. Stoney's voice makes me weak in the knees...so sexy, so comforting. I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!

I guess the story behind this one (PONY did some research:p ) is that it's a new song from the upcoming BRAD cd. I guess they originally recorded it with STONEY singing too! :eek:

I remember reading this article http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001880744
    awhile back but now that I've heard the song it makes more sense

Regan said ...
    "The song 'Every Whisper' originally had Stone singing on it too, then we replaced it with Shawn, so it would be more continuous throughout the album. Stone's quite the singer nowadays."

YES!!! Check out that last part! hehehe. Awww! Made me smile. :D

Anyways, I'm so glad this STONEY version exists!

I also loooooove knowing that BEST FRIENDS will contain lots of Stoney goodness and that he will be on drums again for another track. Yep...Mr endless Talent. :cool:

Can't wait for that!! BEST FRIENDS!?? Awwww! I still can't get over that title. Too cute. :D

Well other than my current EVERY WHISPER obsession....I've also been on a major FITS repeat session today...

Whew---eeeee! The GROOVE IS LOOSE ON THIS ONE!

"albeit....I knooooow it.... these fits are made of change"

"Fits"!! Me too! Plus I love "Every Whisper"!! Thanks for finding out the song title. It seemed liked that would be a good title, but I didn't want to go wildly guessing in the dark. :p

That new album is going to ROCK!!! I wish they kept Stone singing it or maybe let that be a bonus track. :D:D
    --

To have fallen for me
    I have said it before and I'll say it again YOU ROCK Kelly!!!! Lovin' the live show!!!! Thank you again for posting it.....=)
    ~~Rain Love~~

www.generationFIVE.org
    Gen5 wrote:
    I have said it before and I'll say it again YOU ROCK Kelly!!!! Lovin' the live show!!!! Thank you again for posting it.....=)

Thank you. BUT you rock too!!! :D And Stoney rocks...the duck walk! haha
    --

To have fallen for me
  • "STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE" -me chanting in Denver, Las Vegas, San Diego, LOA Santa Barbara, San fransisco (2wice) and the GORGE!!

and I have even made my own stone is the man t-shirt!!!

how can you not appreciate the wonder and splendiferousness that IS stone

STONE!!!!
    STONE!!!
    STONE!!
    STONE!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    "STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE STONE" -me chanting in Denver, Las Vegas, San Diego, LOA Santa Barbara, San fransisco (2wice) and the GORGE!!

and I have even made my own stone is the man t-shirt!!!

how can you not appreciate the wonder and splendiferousness that IS stone

STONE!!!!
    STONE!!!
    STONE!!
    STONE!
    Haha. Rock on. I love the love you are showing.

Man, I'm sure I'm going to be chanting for STONE!! I just hope I'm not annoying. :o

Listening to "Parachutes" right now! :cool:
    --

To have fallen for me
  • annoying hell!
    I get the rows to join me in my chant...hoping to hear mankind or don't gimme no lip...or hey howabout witnessin a duckwalk!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    Good morning PONIES and BITCHES alike!

Just had to waddle in and give some drive by lovin!

Kelly...you were on a FITS kick too? haha. My goodness we just have such excellent taste. :p And yes, the mission continues for our August Seattle show. Someday. I will not lose my fatih.

failedpersephone! ROCK THE HELL ON! Love it buddy. Love it. And I am sooo with you, MANKIND, DONT GIMME NO LIP! BRING IT STONEY BRING IT! Hey, with all the STONEY love in the house we're bound to make things happen. ;) You'll be at THE GORGE as well?? :eek: I mean coooome on!! Further proof ~~>PONYLAND! :D I'll also be at Vegas, SD, SB and all SFs. The STONEY LOVE will be spread full force! A PONY INVASION...It's all across this nation! :cool:

Btw...........
    I'm still listening to EVERY WHISPER. I can't stop. I really can't. :o
    Gorgeous. Drenched in bluesy, sexy sexy. Whew! SOUL POWER! This beautiful voice and music alike! It's all just sooo damn pretty! I can't get over this song! And how about this A-MAZING ass solo??? :o *gets lost in the groove*

Also BTW...Everyday People cracks me up beyond belief!
    :p

What a gift you are Stoney G!

The praise is never-ending...just like your talent.

"Lo√e, you know the word

Sexy indeed! I'm with ya! :D

"Everyday People" cracks me up too. I love it.

The Gorge is going to be overran by enthusiastic STONEY fans!! :p
    --

To have fallen for me
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    yahamita wrote:
    Stone is NOT married, yet.. We have a few of us girls going to take him hostage soon, so he can't take the plunge!..(Meddledeal,VEDHEAD27,ontheflipside) you in??

*coughcountmeincough*

;)

Okay, i leave for vacation and you guys are keeping the Stoney love goin' YEA!! :D

I am very proud of you guys that I just want to HUG every single one of you!! Hell, you know what, I had an idea, @ the Gorge, we should have a Stoney Pony/Bitches photo shoot!! :D just an idea, i think it would be cool to have a bridage of Stoney Ponies/Bitches at the Gorge :cool:

*now runs off to read ALL the other posts*
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    okay, now I feel left out reading all these posts:( BUT, glad to see the Stoney LOVE ALIVE FINALLy!! :D

BUT HOLY CRAP! I forgot he did Thin air at another show..thanks SmilinSkullRing for posting that, I shall download that show when I get home tonight :D YEA...u ROCK!!!

i'll be at ALL 3 SF shows and possibly BOTH Gorge shows!!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    NADIBOO!!!! :) *attacks with hugs* I missed you! Oh you silly little duck...don't feel left out. You were here in spirit like always. :D

YAY!! You're gonna do night 2 also?! :eek: OMG it is SO, SO on! *jumps up and down* The shirts will make their premire. You best believe it. ;)
    hahaha...and I looooove your idea of the group PONY/BITCH shot. :p
    We gotta do that!

I can't believe the shows are NEXT MONTH??? :eek:
    *slaps self*

STOOOONEY....get ready for a PARADE O' PONIES.

:eek:!!!!

Awwww!!! :D:o

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THESE! I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THIS SHIT!! *tears up* LOOK AT THAT PUBLIC DISPLAY OF STONEY LOVE!!!! *heart feels all warm and fluttery* I can't believe that really happened! :D God I love this band! LOVE THE LOVE!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    SWOON.

they are TRYING to kill me in 2006. i swear!
    take your money and your drugs.
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    *coughcountmeincough*

;)

Okay, i leave for vacation and you guys are keeping the Stoney love goin' YEA!! :D

I am very proud of you guys that I just want to HUG every single one of you!! Hell, you know what, I had an idea, @ the Gorge, we should have a Stoney Pony/Bitches photo shoot!! :D just an idea, i think it would be cool to have a bridage of Stoney Ponies/Bitches at the Gorge :cool:

*now runs off to read ALL the other posts*
    A photo shoot would rock. But we also need one with STONE! :D;)
    --

To have fallen for me
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    okay, now I feel left out reading all these posts:( BUT, glad to see the Stoney LOVE ALIVE FINALLy!! :D

BUT HOLY CRAP! I forgot he did Thin air at another show..thanks SmilinSkullRing for posting that, I shall download that show when I get home tonight :D YEA...u ROCK!!!

i'll be at ALL 3 SF shows and possibly BOTH Gorge shows!!! :D
    Yeah, like was said, don't feel left out!

No problem. Glad the show is as exciting for you as it is for me. :)
    --

To have fallen for me
    yay stone!
    *joins in*

Yay Stone!!
    --

To have fallen for me
  • I love Stoney and his amazing riffs. My guitarist always complains about how a lot of the music I like isnt very hard to play on guitar for him so its not fun for him(so very seldom does he play it), and the same goes for Pearl Jam to him. PISSES the living HELL out of me. Its all in the vibe and energy to me.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
    I love Stoney and his amazing riffs. My guitarist always complains about how a lot of the music I like isnt very hard to play on guitar for him so its not fun for him(so very seldom does he play it), and the same goes for Pearl Jam to him. PISSES the living HELL out of me. Its all in the vibe and energy to me.
    His riffs, his musicianship...it's all amazing. He might not be Steve Vai or someone of that stature, but who cares. Stoney has soul, groove, and all that is needed to reach my...heart in thin air. :p
    --

To have fallen for me
    Awww I miss you TOO Lydier! :D even though I haven't asked for Monday off, I don't see why not my boss won't let me have the next day off! He knows I see Pearl Jam damnit!! :)

The gorge, nights one and two are SO on!! :cool: And YES, we have to make those shirts too damnit!! (why am I saying 'damnit' so much?!) :p

STONEY PONIES/BITCHES unite!!

And YEA, SmilinSkullRing, it would be great to have Stoney in it, but how about we give a photo of us to Stoney?! eh?! ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Awww I miss you TOO Lydier! :D even though I haven't asked for Monday off, I don't see why not my boss won't let me have the next day off! He knows I see Pearl Jam damnit!! :)

The gorge, nights one and two are SO on!! :cool: And YES, we have to make those shirts too damnit!! (why am I saying 'damnit' so much?!) :p

STONEY PONIES/BITCHES unite!!

And YEA, SmilinSkullRing, it would be great to have Stoney in it, but how about we give a photo of us to Stoney?! eh?! ;)
    Perfecto! But then can we have dinner with Stoney? haha I'm going to be on my best behavior if I ever meet him.
    --

To have fallen for me
  • His riffs, his musicianship...it's all amazing. He might not be Steve Vai or someone of that stature, but who cares. Stoney has soul, groove, and all that is needed to reach my...heart in thin air. :p

Yeah, he loves the stuff thats really hard to play like Dream Theater. I guess theres nothing wrong with it because he can become a better player. Im the opposite, I love simple stuff(for the most part). Im an energy type guy too. See, when I watch certain bands live if they dont have energy and a good vibe I lose a lot of respect for the band. I dont like Dream Theater live, so I kind of drift away there. Not saying its bad, its almost perfect! But, its just so stiff where its trying to be perfect. Thats a big reason I love PJ and Metallica. SO MUCH ENERGY!
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?