Comments

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,904
    pjl44 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjl44 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjl44 said:
    Just got back from BC. They were unbelievable. Debuted another new song... Negative Space. To the setlist above add Misfit Love, I Wanna Make It Wit Chu, Smooth Sailing.
    I was there as well. They were amazing. I did get a boot to my back by a crowd surfer but managed to steer just a bit clear of the mosh pit. 

Nice! We were just behind the pit. Sound was excellent. I was a little nervous after Bleachers sound was brutal.
    It was great. We were just a bit in front and to the right of the mosh pit. We got shoved over a bit as it grew bigger. I was worried about the sound as well. Bleachers put on a great show. Really high energy but the sound was off. I don’t know if you saw Alanis the night before but the sound was really bad. She was amazing but the bass was drowning her out. Her vocals were so low that my friend and I were joking that the sound guys must be really high. 
    That's interesting. My wife and niece were there Saturday and said sound was a mixed bag too. They thought Noah Kahan was good and Mt Joy sounded terrible. Didn't mention Alanis. Really odd it would be like that but fortunately it was excellent for the band I cared most about.
    The Foo Fighters sounded great on Friday night. I think they were on the same stage as Noah Kahan. But Mt. Joy, Alanis, and Bleachers were on the other stage. The issue may have been there. But at least they fixed it before QOTSA. I thought they sounded great.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    New song out 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    This new one will be cool live. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,921
    nicknyr15 said:
    New song out 
    :smiley:
    Anyone getting David Bowie vibes from this song or just me?

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,832
    nicknyr15 said:
    New song out 

yes, first thougt....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,292
    mickeyrat said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    New song out 

yes, first thougt....
    One of the first comments on the lyric video said something like “Josh has finally morphed from Ginger Elvis to Desert Bowie”
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    I’m loving the two new singles. I have to stop myself from over listening to them honestly. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,040
    It's good but I still want some fist to the face type songs.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    this came to mind when I put on My God Is The Sun. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    this came to mind when I put on My God Is The Sun. 
    That's a good down stroke song though.  It's got some chops to it at least.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,981
    Same....really what I want from PJ too
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I preordered the blue vinyl. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    GlowGirl said:
    I'll be waiting for your "I really shouldn't have, but I bought all color versions". lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I'll be waiting for your "I really shouldn't have, but I bought all color versions". lol
    I almost did... I bought two of them...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    GlowGirl said:

While I don't have *all* of them, I definitely have too many versions of the most recent Puscifer & Mr Bungle albums... I won't be making that mistake again... f'n can't even if I DID want to, what with the damn cost now. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I am out of room until I have time to deal with new shelving. So I am practicing restraint.

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:
    I am out of room until I have time to deal with new shelving. So I am practicing restraint.

leaning against walls works.....

just saying.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,206
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

I feel your pain.   I pruned some records I never listen too that I was given for free, then moved all my classical records which i rarely listen too (which I also inherited) into some spare space in the spare room night stand.  I figure I have enough room for another 100 to 150 records and then I have problems again :(
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    Another band that does nothing for me I’ve tried to listen to their music! But I just can’t connect with it just heard the new song on my way to work I felt like I was standing still. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    Another band that does nothing for me I’ve tried to listen to their music! But I just can’t connect with it just heard the new song on my way to work I felt like I was standing still. 
    Well they're one of my favorite bands ever but even I'm not into these new songs. Here, give this one a try....

https://youtu.be/QetvK6ldl2s
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I definitely get it.  They have progressed as a band over the years.  I'm hoping they don't become the artsy lounge act that they are heading towards.

Try this one.  If this doesn't move you I won't bother with others but if it does I can steer you in the right way.

https://youtu.be/wb-57OuONjQ
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    My 2 recommendations to new listeners would be Lost Art of Keeping a Secret and If I Had A Tail. Great songs that aren't too heavy, but have a great groove and are a fun listen.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,507
    tbergs said:
    My 2 recommendations to new listeners would be Lost Art of Keeping a Secret and If I Had A Tail. Great songs that aren't too heavy, but have a great groove and are a fun listen.
    In The Fade

If that doesn't hook you, just forget it. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    Sat by the Ocean and No One Knows are two very accessible songs.  They both have great grooves.  Josh is a sucker for a hook.  He could write pop music if he wanted. 
  • Options
    ultrapigultrapig South Dakota Posts: 145

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,307
    Ok thanks for the suggestions I’ll listen tonight when I’m totally focused on the music! Off course with the help of a beverage and my pipe ✌️
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

just saying.

mickeyrat said:
    GlowGirl said:
    GlowGirl said:

just saying.
    Yes. That is what I am doing now. I may grab a milk crate like I used in college until I get my new shelving set up. I have about 10 albums now that need a shelf. They are just leaning up against a wall on the floor. Not good.

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 822
    Monsters in the Parasol is my jam. Hard to find a cooler groove. Song just has cool written all over it.

I Appear Missing has amazing craftsmanship about it. So does Ocean. But yeah their recent stuff isn't as bombastic and for want of a better word gnarly.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Super Crate Grey Color https://a.co/d/hGWNYiZ

Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Super Crate Grey Color https://a.co/d/hGWNYiZ

Thanks. That will do for now. Those milk crates bring back college dorm memories. I think everyone kept their records in those or the wooden crates with slats. I may have had those as well.