Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    anyone a fan of kyuss might want to check out Stoner, the new band with Nick Oliveri, Brant Bjork, and Ryan Gut. they've released one studio album, one live album, and have a second album coming out soon. 

https://www.stonerband.com/
    Will check it out, thanks for sharing. 

I was wondering what's going on w/ Hommes recently, and hoped your post might have been some sort of QOTSA update. I loved Villains, and despite his issues on the supporting tour, 2 out of the 3 shows I saw were as good as any I've seen this band play,. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    anyone a fan of kyuss might want to check out Stoner, the new band with Nick Oliveri, Brant Bjork, and Ryan Gut. they've released one studio album, one live album, and have a second album coming out soon. 

I was wondering what's going on w/ Hommes recently, and hoped your post might have been some sort of QOTSA update. I loved Villains, and despite his issues on the supporting tour, 2 out of the 3 shows I saw were as good as any I've seen this band play,. 
    100%. their show here in Winnipeg was off the charts good. But it wasn't long after that show on the tour he apparently needed help off stage he was so out of it drunk. 

I've been wondering too what's going on with the band. haven't heard a peep. his troubles with his ex-wife seem to be calming down (the abuse charges didn't stick). Maybe he's in rehab or something, I have no idea. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

100%. their show here in Winnipeg was off the charts good. But it wasn't long after that show on the tour he apparently needed help off stage he was so out of it drunk. 

I've been wondering too what's going on with the band. haven't heard a peep. his troubles with his ex-wife seem to be calming down (the abuse charges didn't stick). Maybe he's in rehab or something, I have no idea. 
    He was pretty well messed up at the Boston show in October of '17, but the very next night in Portland, ME was one of best I've seen them perform, and one of my all time favorite shows out of ANY band. They were on fire that night. (It helped that the club was so small as compared to the arena the night before). 

The Boston Calling set the following May was also amazing. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732

See their Live in Mojave Desert album?  When I lived out there that's what used to happen.  We would hear about a spot in the desert somewhere to meet up.  Bands would come out w their gear and generators and play.  I could have seen Kyuss back in the day, who the hell knows...

Glad to see that they're still doing it.

See their Live in Mojave Desert album?  When I lived out there that's what used to happen.  We would hear about a spot in the desert somewhere to meet up.  Bands would come out w their gear and generators and play.  I could have seen Kyuss back in the day, who the hell knows...

Glad to see that they're still doing it.
    yep, bought it the week before the studio album came out (it wasn't supposed to, there was some big deal with the distributor that released it who wasn't supposed to, and the band posted on their Instagram not to buy it from them, etc, it was odd)
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• AggAgg Posts: 462

He was pretty well messed up at the Boston show in October of '17, but the very next night in Portland, ME was one of best I've seen them perform, and one of my all time favorite shows out of ANY band. They were on fire that night. (It helped that the club was so small as compared to the arena the night before). 

The Boston Calling set the following May was also amazing. 
    I almost feel like this is a pattern for him…the last time I saw them was such an amazing show but the night before he was apparently completely wasted and it sucked. Reading about that almost made me not go to my show (6 hour drive each way), but I’m glad I did. 
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited September 2022
    Seems like a new album is imminent. 

EDIT: spoke too soon….just reissues 🙄🙄
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    Oh well....seems like rumors of a new album would have leaked already but who knows. It's time for something new.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Oh well....seems like rumors of a new album would have leaked already but who knows. It's time for something new.
    Agreed. 
  • I'll take a new copy of Self Titled!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    I'll take a new copy of Self Titled!

Me too.  It's the only one I don't have.  I'll take today as a win just for that.
  • Zod said:
    I'll take a new copy of Self Titled!

Me too.  It's the only one I don't have.  I'll take today as a win just for that.
    Hopefully quality is good and I can retire the OG reissue.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    I'll pick up the ST since I don't have a copy, but was ...Like Clockwork NOT originally cut from the analog masters? IIRC, it sounds quite good, cut at 45rpm I think? Is the recut/repress an upgrade?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    ST ordered to complete the catalog
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    mickeyrat said:
    ST ordered to complete the catalog
    Same!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    shit, was Villains that long ago already? wow
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Couple of European festivals announced for next year… nice to see them scheduling shows. Hope we get some NA dates in the mix. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    Highly Suspect covered Lost Art of Keeping a Secret tonight! That was unexpected and well done. The bass player Rich sang it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Awesome news
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    QOTSA playing Boston Calling… good news for me as it’s a hometown show, bad news is that festival’s a lot to deal w/ for one band and it’s a holiday weekend. Going to drag my feet on that ticket until we get closer. 

That they’re announcing some domestic festival appearances is great news though. I’m hoping in a few weeks that they announce more dates. If Tool or PJ don’t announce any spring dates, QOTSA is probably the next band in line that I would travel for. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    dude, I am getting a 4 day pass for Sonic Temple. Queens plays the Friday. Tool on Thursday. Puscifer on Sat and Foos closes it out on Sunday.  couple other bands to see as well. cheaper this route than single day.... I am only going in for the shows I want to see. I am not doing all day everyday....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    dude, I am getting a 4 day pass for Sonic Temple. Queens plays the Friday. Tool on Thursday. Puscifer on Sat and Foos closes it out on Sunday.  couple other bands to see as well. cheaper this route than single day.... I am only going in for the shows I want to see. I am not doing all day everyday....
    I’m jealous. I wish we had that lineup here, I would do the same. Unfortunately BC doesn’t have the Maynard bands. If QOTSA or Tool or PJ don’t announce any spring dates, I might make a run down to Baltimore for the Puscifer show… but I’m holding out hope for Tool, I can’t see them gearing up this spring just for two festival appearances. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    i bought the Self Titled repressing but was not impressed. i ponied up for the 2011 reissue and i feel like it's the definitive copy that i have. 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Post image
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD