Options

Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm hoping they add some more US dates. I really don't want to see them at a festival.

I saw them at the Vogue in Indianapolis in 2011 for the re-release of their first album which they played in full. Fucking awesome as that place only holds like 1000 people.
    I get the feeling that a tour announcement is coming soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    I'm hoping they add some more US dates. I really don't want to see them at a festival.

I saw them at the Vogue in Indianapolis in 2011 for the re-release of their first album which they played in full. Fucking awesome as that place only holds like 1000 people.
    I saw that tour at the Boston HOB… not as intimate, but a killer show all the same. 

& I’m w/ you, I’m not paying the Boston calling ticket price & dealing w/ that shit show for a QOTSA  festival set. I’ll hold out for a solo show. 

I don’t see any scenario where they don’t play more US dates after Europe.… I can’t imagine they’re only doing Forest Hills in August & those two festivals in September / October. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    bands often announce festival dates prior to a new album, then a full scale tour is announced after the album. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067

I saw that tour at the Boston HOB… not as intimate, but a killer show all the same. 

& I’m w/ you, I’m not paying the Boston calling ticket price & dealing w/ that shit show for a QOTSA  festival set. I’ll hold out for a solo show. 

I don’t see any scenario where they don’t play more US dates after Europe.… I can’t imagine they’re only doing Forest Hills in August & those two festivals in September / October. 
    My overly optimistic guess is they will drop them after Sonic Temple and Boston Calling. If they're playing NY 8/12 have to think there are at least other east coast dates around that.

My niece will be in town and wanted to go to Boston Calling so I volunteered to go Sunday.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

My overly optimistic guess is they will drop them after Sonic Temple and Boston Calling. If they're playing NY 8/12 have to think there are at least other east coast dates around that.

My niece will be in town and wanted to go to Boston Calling so I volunteered to go Sunday.
    Nice! I want to see King Gizzard, but not enough to drop the $ and deal w/ the hassle of getting in & out of there. 

If Alanis, or the Flaming Lips or Foo were playing Sunday it would have been a no brainer for me, but I couldn't justify it for those two bands alone. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,893

I saw them in 2005 at Webster Hall in NYC. Also a really small club. Amazing show!!
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Nice! I want to see King Gizzard, but not enough to drop the $ and deal w/ the hassle of getting in & out of there. 

If Alanis, or the Flaming Lips or Foo were playing Sunday it would have been a no brainer for me, but I couldn't justify it for those two bands alone. 
    Brutal overlaps

• Options
    edited May 2023
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Brutal overlaps

As soon as I saw that i was immediately grateful I passed on it. 

Nothing will top Boston Calling 2018 for me... 2 stages right next to each other, 5 minutes between sets: 

Belly -> Manchester Orchestra -> Royal Blood -> St Vincent -> QOTSA -> Jack White

Far & away the greatest festival experience i ever had. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Brutal overlaps

As soon as I saw that i was immediately grateful I passed on it. 

Nothing will top Boston Calling 2018 for me... 2 stages right next to each other, 5 minutes between sets: 

Belly -> Manchester Orchestra -> Royal Blood -> St Vincent -> QOTSA -> Jack White

Far & away the greatest festival experience i ever had. 
    Good lord
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    I saw them open for the Smashing Pumpkins on a club tour in 1999. i was immediately hooked. Haven't seen them since the album re-release in 2011. i think it might be time. 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    I'm late to this, but just saw they have a new song and album coming. Dig the guitar part and song. Like it better than their first single off Villains and I love that album overall. Interested to hear the track that follows it on the album because the end is pretty abrupt.

Going to be a great June when this album drops. Like Clockwork defined my summer 10 years ago (Damn, cant believe it's been that long!) and so will this one I'm sure.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    They have 4 different colors up for sale.  I bought 2 of them...
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,238
    Riot Fest.  And the Foos.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    I’m more interested and excited by this upcoming release than the new FF record, however I’m 
    looking forward to hearing both. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    That works

Post edited by pjl44 on
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804
    pjl44 said:
    That works

Sounded killer too. Josh was having a great time. Just wish it was a headlining set....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,037
    Funny Little Boxes has pre orders open for the Skeleton Key guitar pedal, designed to give you QOTSA tones!
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    Funny Little Boxes has pre orders open for the Skeleton Key guitar pedal, designed to give you QOTSA tones!

.😳😳😳
  • Options
    Just got back from BC. They were unbelievable. Debuted another new song... Negative Space. To the setlist above add Misfit Love, I Wanna Make It Wit Chu, Smooth Sailing.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    pjl44 said:
    Just got back from BC. They were unbelievable. Debuted another new song... Negative Space. To the setlist above add Misfit Love, I Wanna Make It Wit Chu, Smooth Sailing.
    I was there as well. They were amazing. I did get a boot to my back by a crowd surfer but managed to steer just a bit clear of the mosh pit. 

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    pjl44 said:
    I was there as well. They were amazing. I did get a boot to my back by a crowd surfer but managed to steer just a bit clear of the mosh pit. 

Nice! We were just behind the pit. Sound was excellent. I was a little nervous after Bleachers sound was brutal.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjl44 said:

Nice! We were just behind the pit. Sound was excellent. I was a little nervous after Bleachers sound was brutal.
    It was great. We were just a bit in front and to the right of the mosh pit. We got shoved over a bit as it grew bigger. I was worried about the sound as well. Bleachers put on a great show. Really high energy but the sound was off. I don’t know if you saw Alanis the night before but the sound was really bad. She was amazing but the bass was drowning her out. Her vocals were so low that my friend and I were joking that the sound guys must be really high. 
  • Options
    I have found that she doesn't have that strong a live voice to begin with. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    It's all about the sound guy.  Courtney Barnetts soundperson has gotten better over the years.  First time seeing her in a big arena the sound was bad.  Saw her last year and it was great.
  • Options
    It's all about the sound guy.  Courtney Barnetts soundperson has gotten better over the years.  First time seeing her in a big arena the sound was bad.  Saw her last year and it was great.
    of course, but it's got to be a challenge, especially at an outdoor festival, to get it right when part of the challenge is the voice itself. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    pjl44 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjl44 said:

It was great. We were just a bit in front and to the right of the mosh pit. We got shoved over a bit as it grew bigger. I was worried about the sound as well. Bleachers put on a great show. Really high energy but the sound was off. I don’t know if you saw Alanis the night before but the sound was really bad. She was amazing but the bass was drowning her out. Her vocals were so low that my friend and I were joking that the sound guys must be really high. 
    That's interesting. My wife and niece were there Saturday and said sound was a mixed bag too. They thought Noah Kahan was good and Mt Joy sounded terrible. Didn't mention Alanis. Really odd it would be like that but fortunately it was excellent for the band I cared most about.
  • Options
    of course, but it's got to be a challenge, especially at an outdoor festival, to get it right when part of the challenge is the voice itself. 
    Courtney was outside last show we saw her at.  Besides her voice being louder they showcased the instruments more.  They don't play in little clubs anymore so yeah, that has to be a challenge.