Worst live show you ever saw?

Comments

• Weezer on the Green album tour. Very excited to see them, very not a fan afterwards. Also a band called The Cows that I saw open for Primus, dude did a hand stand for full songs at a time, not something I wanna watch from a half hour opening band.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Not really worst show just something funny I remeber a few years back.

Neurosis at Kentish Forum.

The main singer growls a verse and then to show how pissed off and angry he is in the world in its current state, he headbutts the mic thinking itll stay up but it keeps falling and falling and falling till it hits the floor.

Then he kicks it and his leg gets tangled up in the cable, he tries to kick it off but its not going anywhere...... cue one embarassed roadie frantically trying to dislodge it.

Totally ruined the tense angry atmosphere, their shows normally have.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    sorry Ed. Sleater-Kinney at the Henry Fonda Theater in L.A. bunch of noise and nonsense.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • sorry...double post...
  • most disappointing shows i have seen...very low on the list...couldn't decide which one was the worst...

- smashing pumpkins...one of their last shows
    - bob dylan - i like most of his stuff and was very excited to see him...the show did nothing for me...i really wanted to like it
    - aerosmith - aside from chip away at the stone and dream on the show was horrible
    OH YEAH JUST REMEBERED!

Skinlab (i know! who???) at Dudley JB's they were supporting someone (cant remember probably METAAAAAAALLLL!)

Me and my two friends were sat at the back of the venue on this bar type thing. Just relaxing after a hard day at work

Midset the lead singer dude starts having a go at us saying it really fucking offends him that people sit down at his shows, we should be on our feet moshing like the rest of the crowd. he carries on like this for a few songs and then when he sees he's not having any effect says something along the lines of that its cool to kick back and relax .

Fuckin hypocrite!
    maybe when I have an iota of respect for your crappy Machine Head ripping off little band I will stand up and watch you.

Oh and while Im talking about sitting down at JB's....

Cathedral hit the stage running Lee Dorrian comes barrelling out and says "Right then I want to see everybody moving including you 3 miserable sods at the back!"

Yep was me and my friends, heh heh

I like being told off by Rock stars at gigs it's funny.
    Soundgarden Wolves Civic 96

Good set, Absolutely no atmosphere from the band at all, like the previous poster talking about Dylan, really wanted to like it but just couldnt.

I guess it was just before the split.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    sesame street live.

oscar was wasted.......
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Razorlight,they were so arrogant but so terrible.The Thrills were quite bad too.And New Found Glory sucked a lot of balls too.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    heres the worst 3 for me:

1. david gray at odyssey belfast - yawn we walked out before end
    2. bob dylan at brixton academy nov 2004 - awful just awful
    3. strokes at oxegen 2004 - drunk as hell, sloppy and all over the place
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    someone mentioned flaming lips!!! what that was the best experience full stop I had ever seeing them live.... thats amazing u thought that...

metallica at the big day out just not my cup of tea.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    brain of c wrote:
    sesame street live.

oscar was wasted.......

AHAHAAHHAHAHAHAA!!! you would be too, if you lived in a trash can!

worst I've ever seen? Might have been 3rd Eye Blind... They came to my school, it was free for us. They weren't HORRIBLE, they were legitamitely trying to get the crowd to rock... The kids weren't feelin it though.

Also, Sleater Kinney, not one of my favorites.

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned any Mike Patton bands-- Fantomas or Tomahawk. I've never seen a crowd reaction like that before. Absolute silence from the crowd (from utter disbelief) between songs (waiting for TOOL). I personally thought it was pretty cool myself.
  • soundgarden - 94 or 95 . was really looking forward to seeing them at reading festival and was horrified at the shambles of a mess that it turned out to be. cornell was appalling.

quotsa @ the varsity (?) pub in wolverhampton many moons ago. tiniest venue but the loudest noise and worst sound ever. i thought my insides were going to explode. the set was actually really good once i'd moved out onto the stairs and my ears stopped bleeding...
    http://www.myspace.com/cellophanehand
    free your mind... and your ass will follow...
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 782
    1. Rolling Stones 1989
    2. Rolling Stones 1999
    3. Black Crowes 1993

Both Stones shows were as bad as their recent SuperBowl performance. The Black Crowes just sucked, and Rich kept looking over at Chris in utter disgust. I just saw The Black Crowes last week after 13 years. What a difference 13 years can make, they rocked!

q
  • bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    In my city they have a free concert downtown every Thursday in the spring and summer. I go to most of these and some have been awesome, while others have been abysmal. Rilo Kiley and Little Feat were two of the worst, although I thought Sleater-Kinney sucked as well.
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    sparta was pretty bad. 45 minutes of noise and screaming. i didnt hear a single distinct song the whole time. just yelling. it was awful.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I know I will get reemed for this one but...Evenflow. It was just god awful.

Other than that...I saw The Calling for free at a county fair a couple of years ago and they sucked pretty bad, the lead guitarist and singer acted like they were God the whole time. No wonder the other guys quit.
  • thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    Our Lady Peace, at one EdgeFest ('97 i think), horrible...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Green Day 1993... they were pretty bad back then...

Saw them again 10 years later - and they had improved GREATLY! They're shows are a bit repetative, but still fun...
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • nightfly107nightfly107 Posts: 67
    Mine would be the Dave Matthews Band was around the time of Everyday 01 i think? Maybe it was an off night or the accoustics at Comerica Park in Detroit but the show was horrible. Luckily I didnt pay for it and i didnt have to drive otherwise i would have been pissed.
  • nightfly107nightfly107 Posts: 67
    Oh plus i had to sit thru a bad opener, Macy Gray who i think did her whole set lying on her back
  • Alanis Morrisette - went to Music Without Borders in 2001, which was organized by The Tragically Hip. Our Lady Peace and the Barenaked Ladies were there as well. This was a benefit show and the majority of the crowd was there for The Hip anyway and Alanis decides to showcase her new album, which hadn't been released yet. The crowd was not happy.

In 2000, I saw a show with MxPx, Cyprus Hill, and Offspring. MxPx was so much fun. They had lots of energy and were having so much fun. Cyprus Hill then came on and it was a total snoozefest. Offspring was okay, but disappointing. They seemed very mechanical and had very little passion. It was an odd opening pairing of MxPx and Cyprus Hill. Cyprus Hill definitely changed the mood of the concert (BORING) and the Offspring did nothing special to change that.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • DE JammerDE Jammer Posts: 26
    Aerosmith

They were late for the show
    Forgotten lyrics
    Stephen was really drunk
    and I had to watch him dance like a chicken all night.
    Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. -Robert Orben
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    Also a band called The Cows that I saw open for Primus, dude did a hand stand for full songs at a time, not something I wanna watch from a half hour opening band.

I saw The Cows when they opened for Tool on the Aenima tour. I remember the singer doing a hand stand, but other than that I can't remember a single thing about their set. I guess that means it sucked pretty hard.

I caught the Jimmy Eat World/ Green Day/ Blink 182 tour a few years ago. Don't hate me but I wanted to see Blink, it's a guilty pleasure. I liked Green Day but I wasn't expecting much. Green Day blew me away. They were tight and sounded great. They really won the audience over. Then Blink came out, and you could tell the majority of the audience was there to see them, but they sucked so hard. They were more intrested in running around, and tripping each other than even trying to play the songs. They were out of tune and breath. It was horrible. Green Day definatly ruled the stage that night, and the bands and the crowd knew it.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • I went to the last WHFS Xmas Nutcracker ever, Franz Ferdinand and the Killers were on the bill and both were awesome. However, I had to sit through Good Charlotte (the beer gardens had closed by then) to hear them. Also, Velvet Revolver closed, Wieland showed up 45 minutes late and they were horrible. I had seen them a few months before at 9:30 Club and thought they were great, but not the second time.

Someone else mentioned Puddle of Mud, they were awful when I saw them, too. Part of Y101's Birthday Bash in Richmond, I went to see Seven Mary Three and Marcy Playground. Shouldn't have stayed after that.

Can't believe two of my favorite live bands ever, S-K and QOTSA have been mentioned, some of you all are just plain nutty.
    "If you love someone... set them free. If someone loves you, don't fuck it up." - Ed
  • offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    I can't believe Death Cab has been mentioned twice on this thread...I think they're amazing live. Much better live than studio band I think..Aww well, I'd have to say Fuel when they opened for Aerosmith a few years back...that lead singer was TERRIBLE. I see why he quit. Chris Dautrey could do a much better job.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • in 1997 I went to see the Rage Against the Machine and Wu-Tang tour...Atari Teenage Riot opened. Atari Teenage Riot was by far the worst thing I've ever sat though.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • sleeplikeadogsleeplikeadog Posts: 156
    I saw Spoon, and was bored to fucking death. I left to go to another show. I couldn't handle it.
    Walking is still honest
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    Santana or Lenny "poser" Kravitz. Take your pick. They both bored me to tears.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Bob Dylan- I was so pumped and got soooooo let down. I havent heard him the same since.

Petty- I dunno if it was following the Crowes or what, but last summer he was horrible. The jams were weak, and it was virtually the same setlist when I seen him in 01 and 02.

Sonic Youth- Once loud, horrible, feedback-laden song