Options

What happened to TOTD's Chris Cornell???

Comments

• Options
    Rygar wrote:
    *Krusty the clown voice*

They drove a truck load of money up to my house!!
    *sobs*
    I'm not made of stone!!!
    *sobs*

Hilarious! Soon they will pimp his name out to all kinds of products a la Krusty. Like the Chris Cornell home pregnancy test. Or Cereal - ChrisCornell-O's, now with a new jagged metal O that is just as hard to swallow as the new music.

....haha swallow
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Wow, this new album is going to be horrible. I sure hope he wakes up and puts out another rock album someday, cause he truly is one of the greats.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    It's only a matter of time before he has a VH1 reality show, 8 weeks later he'll get divorced and begin dating a Simpson sister. Then he will be a guest judge on American Idol. Then of course he will have a sex tape intentionally stolen and plastered on the net.
  • Options

"Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come...."
  • Options
    Hilarious! Soon they will pimp his name out to all kinds of products a la Krusty. Like the Chris Cornell home pregnancy test. Or Cereal - ChrisCornell-O's, now with a new jagged metal O that is just as hard to swallow as the new music.

....haha swallow

uuummm! Cornell-O's.
    Hahaha.
  • Options
    Wooden Jesus where are you from, korea mexico or maybe taiwan...:rolleyes:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Wooden Jesus where are you from, korea mexico or maybe taiwan...:rolleyes:

Funny how I always disliked that opening line but think the rest of the song has really great lyrics.

Television shepherds with living room sheep...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Funny how I always disliked that opening line but think the rest of the song has really great lyrics.

Television shepherds with living room sheep...

I've always got a message from that song about staying true to yourself and not selling out your beliefs hence why I quoted it.
  • Options
    I've always got a message from that song about staying true to yourself and not selling out your beliefs hence why I quoted it.

Exactly. Oh and his vocals are absolutely awe-inspiring on that song too.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980

Got'cha.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PJAMEDVED wrote:
    It's only a matter of time before he has a VH1 reality show, 8 weeks later he'll get divorced and begin dating a Simpson sister. Then he will be a guest judge on American Idol. Then of course he will have a sex tape intentionally stolen and plastered on the net.

Sad, but possibly true...
    and I never thought it would be possible for me to think a thing like that about CC, never, but now, it wouldn't actually surprise me that much...

(I'd quite like to see the sex tape though...does that make me a really bad person? Oh, yes, it does, doesn't it, lol! I'll get my coat...)
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Well Chris Cornell literally died. Then someone genius thought it was a good idea to bury him here:

http://analogmedium.com/blog/2007/02/pet_sematary-4.jpg

Instead of coming back to life to feast on the flesh of the living, he instead developed a penchant for designer jeans and an ear for R&B.
  • Options
    thats not the same chris cornell. it can't be the same chris cornell!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Sometimes dead is better!
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980

He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    Who just saw Chris perform on Fashion Rocks? WTF????
    I finally watched it. All I can say is what...the...fuck??? Chris Cornell and the Pussycat Dolls shouldn't even be in the same fucking state at the same time.

There's been so many threads and posts about CC's downfall, that there isn't much left to say that hasn't been said. All I can say is, as a longtime fan, I have never been so disappointed by a "musical evolution" of a favorite band/artist in my life. Along with Pearl Jam, Soundgarden's music helped define various aspects of my teenage years. In the early to mid 90s I bled Soundgarden. Collected everything I could get my hands on. Saw 9 shows, and keep in mind I was a teenager and they weren't exactly playing in my backyard. I traveled a lot. Still my favorite band to this day. I even played the hell out of all the Audioslave records. To see their amazing frontman turn to this, its a feeling I can't explain. Its getting to the point where its not gonna matter if he makes an amazing "return to form" in the future. Between this bullshit and what's gone on with his boards and having all the "yes" people around him...fuck it
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    I remember some devoted Cornell fanboys on this board hating on Audioslave when they were out. Many said he'd be better off solo. Well I guess not. Hell, if he wasn't recruited by the Rage guys, he would have been putting out this sort of crap eight years ago
    Not To Be Confused With More Expensive (Identical) Import Version
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540
    I just threw up and died a little.

It's going to be really hard to listen to Chris Cornell ever again.

This is disturbing.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    Blame all this on his brother-in-law. In the article that first announced this collaboration (bastardization), it was stated that Cornell's brother in law suggested Chris approach Timbaland about remixing some Carry On stuff. Now CC's legacy, credibility, and let's be honest...dignity...are fucking destroyed all in the name of purposely whoring for the mainstream. All the while losing the devoted fanbase who's been there for 15 years or better. Say what you want about "Carry On," it was at least an honest record. This new shit is absolutely void of passion and soul. Its a joke, a bad dream.

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    I just don't fuckin get it!! how can he see himself on a stage singing some rough soundgarden shit and after that this .... muthafuckin meaningless rap crap. Are we the only people who's reading the boards and watching the videos of old times? Arent there any friends to warn him or ask him what da fuck he's doing? so he's got no respect for his fans after all these years huh. I don give a single fuck about his middle age crisis. He just gotta show us some respect and manners for supporting and listening to him all these years! He dont have the rights to present us this dumbass computer melodies. It's so emberassing, he can't pretend to go around like experimenting these bullshit. I'm not givin' him a break, I wont stop criticising this stupid fuck for killing christopher boyle cornell. If you're in this business you have to think about your fans before yourself. All of his influences that he talked about all those years would be ashamed of him I bet. These can't be the beatles roots... jesus!!!
  • Options
    WOW ... First off, I could barely sit through the 5 sec. Timbaland intro part. As for Cornell himself ... Um, for once, I am at a loss for words.
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I wonder if the Boys saw this. And I wonder if Matt C is seriously considering going over to Cornell's house and kicking his ass. I'm pretty sure Kim already have had the restraining order in place :D
    I'll bet at this point even Hiro Yamamoto wants a shot

• Options
    Duder5k wrote:
    Well Chris Cornell literally died. Then someone genius thought it was a good idea to bury him here:

http://analogmedium.com/blog/2007/02/pet_sematary-4.jpg

Instead of coming back to life to feast on the flesh of the living, he instead developed a penchant for designer jeans and an ear for R&B.

He always had an ear for RnB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBYEO6o071Q
  • Options
    rivariad wrote:
    He just gotta show us some respect and manners for supporting and listening to him all these years! He dont have the rights to present us this dumbass computer melodies. It's so emberassing, he can't pretend to go around like experimenting these bullshit. I'm not givin' him a break, I wont stop criticising this stupid fuck for killing christopher boyle cornell. If you're in this business you have to think about your fans before yourself. All of his influences that he talked about all those years would be ashamed of him I bet. These can't be the beatles roots... jesus!!!

Sorry man this is bullshit. He can do what he wants when he wants. Do I wish he was with Soundgarden? yes. But he ain't anymore and we need to deal with it

And I don't understand this 'loyalty to fans' crap I keep hearing-its not Soundgarden or Audioslave. The whole idea of going solo is not having those constarints placed on yourself as an artist. Again I'll ask if he really wanted to 'sell out' why hasn't he reformed SG?
  • Options
    Again I'll ask if he really wanted to 'sell out' why hasn't he reformed SG?

I don't necessarily think that would be a guaranteed success. People like us would be all over it, but let's face it. As great as they were they were still always underrated. And based on mainstream popularity alone, they were never as big as bands like Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Yes, Superunknown made them stars, but I don't think its enough 14 years later. I couldn't see them selling out arenas on a reunion tour, and if they were to do an album it would probably have modest sales.

I absolutely love this band but I'm just being realistic. They weren't appreciated enough when they were around the first time.

Oh, and the Timbaland crap is just a feeble attempt to sell out. No one is really going to care

• Options
    NewDamage wrote:
    I don't necessarily think that would be a guaranteed success. People like us would be all over it, but let's face it. As great as they were they were still always underrated. And based on mainstream popularity alone, they were never as big as bands like Pearl Jam or Nirvana. Yes, Superunknown made them stars, but I don't think its enough 14 years later. I couldn't see them selling out arenas on a reunion tour, and if they were to do an album it would probably have modest sales.

I absolutely love this band but I'm just being realistic. They weren't appreciated enough when they were around the first time.

Oh, and the Timbaland crap is just a feeble attempt to sell out. No one is really going to care

They would be atleast (if not more) successful than STP who seem to be doing fine at the moment. In any case I still think SG would be an easier way for him to move units than a complete change in direction such that he has taken.

I see his resistance to attempt any reformation of SG as admirable. In contrast other artists have taken the much easier option and reformed their older bands for what in most cases has almost nothing to do with artistry and everything to do with money.

Cornell has taken a massive gamble here- and most think it won't work out but based on his other work over the course of 20 years I won't discount him. He'll come back around and find his feet. Whilst I don't especially love Cornell's stuff I don't think its as bad as the over-reaction it is recieving.
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    i don't see how you can call this new direction "selling out." who's buying? you think there's really anyone out there who's gonna hear this shit and be like "ooh, who's this hot new singer chris cornell? i have to go buy his record!"

don't get me wrong, that video sucks...but i just can't see huge monetary success motivating this. does anyone here actually think his new album is gonna be some sort of mega-hit record?
  • Options
    i don't think he expects to win over soundgarden fans with this style of music , maybe that's his point !! he aint with soundgarden !!
    and any attempt to carry on in the rock/grunge genres would bring " oh it's not as good as the soundgarden days"
    the guy can't win really !! .
    maybe the pipes cannot handle that style of singing anymore & does not want to fade away as a fallen rock idol .

he maybe thinks a change of vocal style (more comfortable ) & genre will bring new horizons & fans to a career that was standing still in general .

it's his life , not ours .

he is not expecting us guys to like it , it's not our style .

let him move to pastures new & remember what you will of his previous catalogue . you never know, he might just appreciate your blessing !!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I thought the girls looked pretty hot!
  • Options
    dpmay wrote:
    i don't see how you can call this new direction "selling out." who's buying? you think there's really anyone out there who's gonna hear this shit and be like "ooh, who's this hot new singer chris cornell? i have to go buy his record!"

don't get me wrong, that video sucks...but i just can't see huge monetary success motivating this. does anyone here actually think his new album is gonna be some sort of mega-hit record?

I think it will sell and I have one word or 2 melded together to back my point up, Nickleback.