What happened to TOTD's Chris Cornell???

Comments

• sgossard3 wrote:
    damn... just when i was comfortable hating him... where does this song play into anything else off the album?? this doesnt change anything chris!!! but nice song...

LOL! Who would have fucking thought it eh? This song is fucking brilliant, and a clear indication of what he's capable of......man, the voice is on awesome form.
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Maybe not for the man himself but possibly at least for his music.
    EAXCTLY!!! CC is NO Ed!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • That was almost enough to wipe away the taste of all the other bull doody. Almost. Which is still a hell of a feat.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,501
    if i wasnt able to mute watch out , i would have never heard that, i enjoyed it , cmon Chris give us an album of that, not this Timbacrap.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Hell yes, we need more of this. His voice is just too good, it sounds amazing in this bluesy tone.

But now I have to wonder if he really wrote it? Which is sad that I even have to think about that. What if he didn't write the one song worth listening to on this album (if it is part of the album)?
    "Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." -Michael Scott
  • partyofone wrote:
    Hell yes, we need more of this. His voice is just too good, it sounds amazing in this bluesy tone.

But now I have to wonder if he really wrote it? Which is sad that I even have to think about that. What if he didn't write the one song worth listening to on this album (if it is part of the album)?

Maybe he didn't write it, but if you really listen to the words (which you can hear since his voice is beautifully crystal clear) they sound a bit autobiographical to me anyway. So maybe there's hope that he did!
    Gonna rise up....burning black holes in dark memories. Gonna rise up....turning mistakes into gold.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/npclbd

here is the track without - "watch out this song is fucking crap"

cant stop playing it, so goood!
  • partyofone wrote:
    Hell yes, we need more of this. His voice is just too good, it sounds amazing in this bluesy tone.

It's not flirting with ebonics, there is little doubt in my mind... he wrote this.
  • Thanks Brisk!

Hope you guys are right, I mean the lyrics do sound very Cornell, but you never know these days.
    Also, the whole thing is kinda weird. Why is this song linked to Watch Out? And if it's not part of Scream (which it doesn't sound like it is), how did it get leaked?
    When did he write this? Maybe during CO? Or maybe it was a song Timbo decided he didn't want to put on the record?
    Not complaining, but I'm confused.

Sidenote, saving it to my Comp and MP3 player...what's a good title for this untitled song? Right now I have it as "Two Drinks From Crying".
    "Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." -Michael Scott
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    partyofone wrote:
    Thanks Brisk!

Hope you guys are right, I mean the lyrics do sound very Cornell, but you never know these days.
    Also, the whole thing is kinda weird. Why is this song linked to Watch Out? And if it's not part of Scream (which it doesn't sound like it is), how did it get leaked?
    When did he write this? Maybe during CO? Or maybe it was a song Timbo decided he didn't want to put on the record?
    Not complaining, but I'm confused.

Sidenote, saving it to my Comp and MP3 player...what's a good title for this untitled song? Right now I have it as "Two Drinks From Crying".

np

indeed all question we want to know. It would be so odd to be on the album but this song was originally uploaded onto a website following scream and watch out was on the website for stream, maybe its a secret song on the end of the album and the person who uploaded forgot to cut it out :S

why not call it - "eat shit timbaland" or "Cornell > timbaland"
    I think there was a collaboration with Timbaland on those 2 songs, Chris came in with the 2nd song excited to sing it for Timbaland. Timbaland said cool let me change a few things around and we will record it. It ended up "Watch Out". Some collaboration.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Well, this is certainly interesting:

Chris Cornell at Angelenos Go Green for Obama

Chris Cornell will perform at "Angelenos Go Green for Obama", a special fundraising event in Los Angeles on October 4. The event, at downtown venue The Edison, aims to be to be the first zero-waste and carbon neutral political fundraiser of its kind.

The evening will also feature an appearance by Senator Hillary Clinton, who will talk about Barack Obama's political agenda with special reference to green issues. There will be more music from DJ Jason Bentley, and organic food and drink from LA's best chefs.

Contributions will benefit the Obama Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee authorized by Obama for America and the Democratic National Committee.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Well, this is certainly interesting:

Chris Cornell at Angelenos Go Green for Obama

Chris Cornell will perform at "Angelenos Go Green for Obama", a special fundraising event in Los Angeles on October 4. The event, at downtown venue The Edison, aims to be to be the first zero-waste and carbon neutral political fundraiser of its kind.

The evening will also feature an appearance by Senator Hillary Clinton, who will talk about Barack Obama's political agenda with special reference to green issues. There will be more music from DJ Jason Bentley, and organic food and drink from LA's best chefs.

Contributions will benefit the Obama Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee authorized by Obama for America and the Democratic National Committee.

This I don't mind but he better be sporting some hemp jeans.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Just read this on Chris' blog about the mystery song (it's called Two Drink Minimum):

"If someone was smart enough to find "Two Drink Minimum," bravo!
    It was mastered with the rest of the album and was meant to be a hidden track. I thought I was the only one who got it but obviously I was wrong.
    It’s amazing to me how hard the record business tries to keep songs from leaking and then puts out "Watch Out." a song three minutes long with an eight minute file and doesn't notice!
    Oh well. I wrote that song at about 6:00 am to an organ melody played by Jerome Harmon. He's the guy playing the super sick Hammond B3 on it. I sang it when the sun was coming up about 10 feet from the mic. Just screaming it in the room. If you listen closely, you will hear papers rattling. May you all find your bliss "As hope and promise fade." C"
  • NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    At 6 AM I guess Timbaland was asleep and couldn't be at the studio to put his horrible stamp on it
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
    Just read this on Chris' blog about the mystery song (it's called Two Drink Minimum):

It was mastered with the rest of the album and was meant to be a hidden track. I thought I was the only one who got it but obviously I was wrong.
    It’s amazing to me how hard the record business tries to keep songs from leaking and then puts out "Watch Out." a song three minutes long with an eight minute file and doesn't notice!
    Oh well. I wrote that song at about 6:00 am to an organ melody played by Jerome Harmon. He's the guy playing the super sick Hammond B3 on it. I sang it when the sun was coming up about 10 feet from the mic. Just screaming it in the room. If you listen closely, you will hear papers rattling. May you all find your bliss "As hope and promise fade." C"

Chris and I actually agree on something. That B3 is fuckin' sweet!

May you all find your bliss "As hope and promise fade." C"

Yeah the hope and the promise of your career is definitely fading with "Scream" coming out. At least we have one decent song to enjoy.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Just read this on Chris' blog about the mystery song (it's called Two Drink Minimum):

Aw crap. That means it'll be the only track that sounds like that, i.e. good. That also means that Watch Out officially ends the album. I was kind of hoping he might have something more meaningful and substantial than a song about a girl driving dangerously.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Just read this on Chris' blog about the mystery song (it's called Two Drink Minimum):

I'm starting to enjoy reading these blogs. When he said he was going to have a 'rant' I thought it would be a typically petulant rockstar whinge but he seems like a decent bloke.

Just don't mention anything about a manuscript ;)
  • This is the best song he`s written since EM... How can he put that song right after the atrocity that is Watch Out? I don`t understand this.

Timbaland probably listened to this song and thought it wasn`t good enough for the "masterpiece" that Scream is, that`s why it`s a hidden track
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    muppet wrote:
    I'm starting to enjoy reading these blogs. When he said he was going to have a 'rant' I thought it would be a typically petulant rockstar whinge but he seems like a decent bloke.

Just don't mention anything about a manuscript ;)
    Someone needs to post that under the comments, of course I would but all my names are banned as well as my IP address. Ive been streetteamed blackballed by those psychos.
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    This is interesting. The actual discussion in here is actually making it's way straight to Cornell himself. That's pretty fucking interesting.
    Duder5k wrote:
    This is interesting. The actual discussion in here is actually making it's way straight to Cornell himself. That's pretty fucking interesting.

Uh-oh, in that case, I'm sorry Chris, I take back everything I've said. I hope I can still be your fan.

*Somebody help. I'm being held at gunpoint by a street teamer.

• I BrisK I wrote:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/npclbd

here is the track without - "watch out this song is fucking crap"

cant stop playing it, so goood!
    What the hell is it? That's ridiculously good.

Why can't CC come out with an album full of these???

Man....
    warden wrote:
    What the hell is it? That's ridiculously good.

Why can't CC come out with an album full of these???

Man....
    cause he sold out to Timbaland
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Duder5k wrote:
    It is. :eek: He's read what I've said! Let's hope he doesn't actually do anything with Lil' Wayne!
    To Someone Who Needed To Move Their Car:"Congratulations! You win,you get towed!"-E.V.

ilovesinging-The crazy lady that you catch in detention. Yeah,you can talk to me.
    I am me-I would love to keep it that way.
  • It is. :eek: He's read what I've said! Let's hope he doesn't actually do anything with Lil' Wayne!

Where exactly in that blog entry does it imply that he's reading this discussion? I don't see anything! :confused:
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    those scream tracks, the website, what the fuck, those are the worst songs i have ever heard from someone i've liked something from, totally dead born.

the hidden track is the only ray of light,

structure a deal so you can keep 2 dollars a c.d, sell it from your house if you have to. cornell can sell 50,000 copies i think, if word gets out that its good. the rest of the cost of the cd (the other 11) pays for production and session players (not top of the line, but get a friend or someone who can at least be warm and into it, often thats ok, esp. in grunge circles.

Thats 75 grand, say every two years, plus another 50 in concerts (you have to work a little, like almost everyone else). If he does well maybe he can double those sales, its not hard to envision such talent with a proper album having at least some appeal.

Thats a good living, you get to do what you like doing.

my point - there is no excuse to put out pure bullshit, only greed could make you that mentally off as to put out the whole package as of late. SAD

down on the upside is so good in spots it hurts, then straight into the half hearted em? its making thayil and sheppard look like pure geniuses
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Where exactly in that blog entry does it imply that he's reading this discussion? I don't see anything! :confused:

I don't see anything either. I do remember a few years back in an interview CC said he comes to the Pit to get an objective opinion of his albums. He said his own message baord was like reading love letters. Don't remember where the interview was.
  • PJGARDEN wrote:
    I don't see anything either. I do remember a few years back in an interview CC said he comes to the Pit to get an objective opinion of his albums. He said his own message baord was like reading love letters. Don't remember where the interview was.

Yeah I remember that too, and it does make sense, there's probably more Cornell chat on this board than there is on his own.

Try as I might to dislike this guy, I get the impression he's probably quite a nice bloke. In all honesty, Watch Out aside, I don't HATE any of his new stuff and wouldn't be that bothered by all of this - but it's all the other stuff that seems to be going with it that bothers me most, because for so long it was just his music that was doing the talking.