Options

Pearl Jam 2008 Bootleg Program

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,355
    jrd wrote:
    i'd be tempted to click on the 'buy all on CD' button... if there was one...

same here! :)
  • Options
    vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
    Say it ain't so no bonnaroo?
    are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    lets hope they bring out bootlegs for last years gigs....
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    They say that the bootlegs are ready for pre-order, but I see only West Palm beach.... ?!?
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    They say that the bootlegs are ready for pre-order, but I see only West Palm beach.... ?!?

they are up for preorder day afte show, Tampa will be up later
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    love that they have the CDs again. I mean yeah most of my stuff goes on the iPod anyway, but since I have a book full of CDs, more for a collection now than anything, its cool to get em again. Way to go PJ!!!!
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 444
    Nice job 10C and PJ. Finally everyone is happy! :)

...Except those of us who went to the 2007 shows! ;)

...I'll probably get a couple of CDs and download the rest.

Here's hoping they get around to releasing those 2007 shows too! Thanks! :)
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    ScottZeagleScottZeagle Posts: 169
    vedhead19 wrote:
    Say it ain't so no bonnaroo?

Bonnaroo is a tapers paradise. There will be audience recordings, I'm sure.

The Neil Young show I have from when he played there is as good as any "professional bootleg" I have heard...
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    I´m stoked that we´re being offered cd´s again - finally! :D

Does anyone know if these are available using pre-order only or will these be available for a certain amount of time through 10C?

Should I pre-order and all cd´s are shipped at once this could cost me a lot extra (customs).

Same thing happened buying the ´03 boots....
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Yah , I want to order the whole set ,instead of paying $4.50 shipping per disc !!!!!

Slane Castle Ireland, '93
    Sydney #1,#2,#3, '06
    Toronto '09
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    demetrios wrote:
    there's shipping for outside the usa.
    was about to make an order, tempted .. cause i'm wild baby!
    but it's 4.50 shipping cost, cdn style.

i'm gonna wait till july 2nd when i come back from the tour, and purchase them all in one order. one shipping cost, one bill.

if only 10club could spare a preorder box set for those fans on the side ...

:)
    Sadly this won't save you any money. I put two of the CD's in my cart today to check and the shipping is listed as $9.00.

So if you order them seperatly or if you order them together shipping will still be $54 either way.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Sadly this won't save you any money. I put two of the CD's in my cart today to check and the shipping is listed as $9.00.

So if you order them seperatly or if you order them together shipping will still be $54 either way.
    :( that totally sucks for you Canadian and other international fans.

We should start a petition to sell all as a set. )
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,355

d'oh! thought i would save on shipping cost. argh. either way, best i purchase all the cds when i come back july 2nd. first show won't be released until june 25th. i would get that here for 2 weeks anyway's. love that customs jam. yippy!!
  • Options
    I didn't see this covered, but in the e-mail that ten club sent it said that the CDs would be "burned." So are these just going to show up on a blank looking CD, no artwork, nothing? If so I think I will have to pass.
  • Options
    I didn't see this covered, but in the e-mail that ten club sent it said that the CDs would be "burned." So are these just going to show up on a blank looking CD, no artwork, nothing? If so I think I will have to pass.

I doubt that'll happen. I'm sure there will be some kind of artwork one it. They have to do something to make the fans want it otherwise people can just burn them themselves.
  • Options
    THANK YOU, THANKY YOU, THANk YOU,
    dear Pearl Jam + Ten Club

If it is not the European Tour 2007, it is still more "hamster food" for my mind and the best news of the week.

It is weird, but I never get tired of the songs and listening to this music and I just need new releases to be happy and in move.
    What to say what to say, I just am addicted or lets say in Love with PJ music.

So PJ is going on with further bootleg releases and I am saved ;)

Danke!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    now one thing keeps me busy:

If I order the hard copy- manufactured CDs, (and I know already there will me more then 2 to order, for sure! ;)
    what will happen to the delivery?

Is it possible to ship them all together to Europe, my address.
    I do not waste energy or anything alike anymore, and would like the ordered CDs shipped all in once.
    But if the CDs are manufactured just on demand and as the tour goes on for a month, do I need to order them only after the whole tour to get them shipped all in once or can I place my order already and TenClub waits for the shipping till the last show aka my order is completed?

What to do?
    Whom could I contact to answer this question otherwise?

thanks already so much for the help.
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    now one thing keeps me busy:

If I order the hard copy- manufactured CDs, (and I know already there will me more then 2 to order, for sure! ;)
    what will happen to the delivery?

Is it possible to ship them all together to Europe, my address.
    I do not waste energy or anything alike anymore, and would like the ordered CDs shipped all in once.
    But if the CDs are manufactured just on demand and as the tour goes on for a month, do I need to order them only after the whole tour to get them shipped all in once or can I place my order already and TenClub waits for the shipping till the last show aka my order is completed?

What to do?
    Whom could I contact to answer this question otherwise?

thanks already so much for the help.

Had the same questions as you.

I sent an email to 10C to which they replied that they don´t know yet if the cd´s will/can be sent all at once to save on shipping - "we´re still working on it "

Also I asked how long they would be available in the Goods section.
    The answer was "We just don´t know yet - sorry"

I can imagine them being very busy at the moment so we´ll just have to wait for further info....
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 389
    I got this reply to my question about pressed or burned cds I sent yesterday...

>The Cds are CD-Rs, but lifetime guaranteed and will be made using recycled material.
    >
    >Best,
    >~10c

So CD-Rs, but assuming the 10C is around for life if anything happens they will replace the actual disc even 20 years from now which is cool. I ordered the first two already.

I also asked about the packaging, but they didn't respond to that.
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    I got this reply to my question about pressed or burned cds I sent yesterday...

>The Cds are CD-Rs, but lifetime guaranteed and will be made using recycled material.
    >
    >Best,
    >~10c

So CD-Rs, but assuming the 10C is around for life if anything happens they will replace the actual disc even 20 years from now which is cool. I ordered the first two already.

I also asked about the packaging, but they didn't respond to that.

Yeah, It seems a cost effective way and way cheaper to do it that way. Innovative for sure. I hope folks do not run into quality issues at all though. I am going with the MP3 option for now. Then I will decide what CDs I want. I imagine they wanna keep the artwork a surprise. I bet folks are pleased when they see it though.
  • Options
    MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    Aww that's awesome news, just read that a few days ago on google news, seems like a nice move and great for all of us Jammers, although I'm pretty glad most of you will get to listen to some great PJ music live, I'm sad that I can't get any of those due to living in Egypt lol, and shipping is $54? Oh my, that is bad news for international fans, I might try and look into the Mp3 download, hope that works, haha, sucks to live in a foregin country, some of the PJ privilages are stripped lol....But hey when there's a will there's a way right?
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Had the same questions as you.

I sent an email to 10C to which they replied that they don´t know yet if the cd´s will/can be sent all at once to save on shipping - "we´re still working on it "

Also I asked how long they would be available in the Goods section.
    The answer was "We just don´t know yet - sorry"

I can imagine them being very busy at the moment so we´ll just have to wait for further info....

hey,
    thanks a lot for the info, big times.

That was very helpful and nice.
    So... better place an order and also write to tenclub, maybe?
    As far as I know PJ and TC, they usually are happy about people who think about this planet... so I am sure they will try their best to save up some energy for us.. ;)

and sorry to mention it here, but I had to smile about beautiful Holland:
    you rock in soccer this time of year. wow, you impressed me ;)

thanks again and best wishes to the most beautiful country around Europe,
    and also to the maybe European Champions this year.
  • Options
    hey,
    thanks a lot for the info, big times.

That was very helpful and nice.
    So... better place an order and also write to tenclub, maybe?
    As far as I know PJ and TC, they usually are happy about people who think about this planet... so I am sure they will try their best to save up some energy for us.. ;)

and sorry to mention it here, but I had to smile about beautiful Holland:
    you rock in soccer this time of year. wow, you impressed me ;)

thanks again and best wishes to the most beautiful country around Europe,
    and also to the maybe European Champions this year.

Thanks for your kind words!
    You´re welcome, no problem at all...
    I´d write to 10C (in a week or so) before I would place an order if I were you - just to make sure!

Off Topic:
    The soccer team surprised everyone in Holland too playing against Italy and France the way they did........we´ve still got a long way to go though :)
    Your country also has a chance of winning too....they always do! :D
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Thanks for your kind words!
    You´re welcome, no problem at all...
    I´d write to 10C (in a week or so) before I would place an order if I were you - just to make sure!

Off Topic:
    The soccer team surprised everyone in Holland too playing against Italy and France the way they did........we´ve still got a long way to go though :)
    Your country also has a chance of winning too....they always do! :D

uhhh, that sound like a great plan!
    I'll do exactly this way... by the way there come up more boots I would like to have, everyday they post a setlist.
    Boonaroo is amazing, isn't it???
    so thanks again very much for this helpful tip! It is really helping me, having hardly never any clue ;)

and off topic:
    nahh, we always think we're too good, being proud and arrogant-,
    and soon you see the true team like it was shown in the game against Kroatia!
    Whereas Holland is really really good, twice just wow.
    So they deserve it...
    and btw: I never be a real German fan , I always slip away when a team is just convincing me with their talent and their smartness in playing:
    and this time it is just Holland!
    so go, baby go and get the trophy. ;)
  • Options
    uhhh, that sound like a great plan!
    I'll do exactly this way... by the way there come up more boots I would like to have, everyday they post a setlist.
    Boonaroo is amazing, isn't it???
    so thanks again very much for this helpful tip! It is really helping me, having hardly never any clue ;)

and off topic:
    nahh, we always think we're too good, being proud and arrogant-,
    and soon you see the true team like it was shown in the game against Kroatia!
    Whereas Holland is really really good, twice just wow.
    So they deserve it...
    and btw: I never be a real German fan , I always slip away when a team is just convincing me with their talent and their smartness in playing:
    and this time it is just Holland!
    so go, baby go and get the trophy. ;)

I´m going to buy all boots - and I think you are too!

If I have a choice I´m not going to order them all at once because of customs/taxes: when I ordered some of the ´03 boots (worth $128) I had to pay 23 euro´s extra! :o

Bonnaroo IS amazing indeed!
    The setlists are awesome so far - Who You Are!!!!/W.M.A.!!!/All Night

Too bad we have to wait until......well....2010? to see them in Europe again..

I´m looking forward to visiting your beautiful country again.....Hurricane and Düsseldorf were awesome last year!

Off Topic:
    Is the German team really that arrogant?
    I enjoy visiting Germany - people are kind and respectful most of the time :)
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    I´m going to buy all boots - and I think you are too!

If I have a choice I´m not going to order them all at once because of customs/taxes: when I ordered some of the ´03 boots (worth $128) I had to pay 23 euro´s extra! :o

Bonnaroo IS amazing indeed!
    The setlists are awesome so far - Who You Are!!!!/W.M.A.!!!/All Night

Too bad we have to wait until......well....2010? to see them in Europe again..

I´m looking forward to visiting your beautiful country again.....Hurricane and Düsseldorf were awesome last year!

Off Topic:
    Is the German team really that arrogant?
    I enjoy visiting Germany - people are kind and respectful most of the time :)

uhh, well, YOU ARE really helpful.
    -and funny-
    I havent considered the tax so far, so again, thanks so much for the tip.

So to sum up: is it better to place several orders to avoid the tax?
    Is it not always the same percentage of tax so in the final calculation it will be the same amount as having ordered at once???
    mhmm, but I did think about order them seperately and in time just to make sure to get it. What if the program is out by the end of the tour and I missed to order...

and you got me... it might be that I get too many of them again... we'll see.
    but truth is that I love this music sooo much and never get tired of it.

and: what about 2009???
    My hopes go out for next year as in 2010 watchin' all goes on fire
    ;)just kiddin'

and off topic:
    hope they do not mind our soccer mania here.
    but yup: arrogant we are referring to soccer, somehow. Especially since our summer fairytale of 2006.
    Most people really thought we surely get the trophy this year, we are just the best and so we became arrogant, even the soccer players themselves.
    and after our first game, it was already on the highest level!
    we had to fall deep.
    They are down to earth by now and realize now how good other teams are all of a sudden... somehow funny. But I guess this wake up call came too late for Germany to get even close to the final anymore- as I said, because there are just real better teams playing this year!
    But we'll see on monday, right?

and thanks for the nice words about Germ.
    it is a free+nice country those times as well and I am very glad you like it here.
    ...so now we have some "vice verda" in common, too.
    So to sum up: Europe is cool ;)

and p.s. gotta go soon: so wishing you a nice+peaceful sunday
    hope seeing you around soon again.
  • Options
    2010 watch it go to fire?
    It´s evolution baby! :D

As far as the tax is concerned:
    As you know you´re allowed to import goods to a certain amount....which could be different in Germany than Holland.

If you are planning to order all cd´s (13?) it might be wise to divide that into 2 separate orders....paying for shipping twice will be cheaper than the taxes.

10C does not know yet how long the boots will be up but I reckon you have plenty of time to buy them.
    Still you can ask them if you´re in doubt....

And yes....Europe is cool....;)
    Take Care...
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Made-to-order Bootleg CDs
    In addition to digital bootlegs, Pearl Jam is launching a new physical CD program for this tour. CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand and will ship within three weeks of each show date. CDs will be made-to-order using recycled material. The price for hard copy bootlegs is $16.99/show and will be available exclusively through http://www.pearljam.com.
    When I first read this statement, I thought that the CDs were going to be factory pressed CDs like the 2000 and 2003 bootlegs. After reading the e-mail regarding the 2008 Bootleg Program and some of the other comments in this thread, it seems that the CDs will actually be CD-Rs.

I find this very disappointing and misleading. Am I the only one that thinks the comment "CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand..." meant manufactured in a CD pressing facility instead of burned on a computer?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 233
    When I first read this statement, I thought that the CDs were going to be factory pressed CDs like the 2000 and 2003 bootlegs. After reading the e-mail regarding the 2008 Bootleg Program and some of the other comments in this thread, it seems that the CDs will actually be CD-Rs.

I find this very disappointing and misleading. Am I the only one that thinks the comment "CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand..." meant manufactured in a CD pressing facility instead of burned on a computer?

I'm not criticizing you - I just don't know much about this. Assuming they use a high grade burner, original master disc, and high bit resolution, won't a CD-R still last quite a while? Is there a difference between the tops of the discs?
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options

Agreed.......I initially thought they were like the ´00/´03 boots too.....
    seeing they are $16.98 a piece.....

I´m still going to buy them though.......