Options

Pearl Jam 2008 Bootleg Program

Comments

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,368
    When I first read this statement, I thought that the CDs were going to be factory pressed CDs like the 2000 and 2003 bootlegs. After reading the e-mail regarding the 2008 Bootleg Program and some of the other comments in this thread, it seems that the CDs will actually be CD-Rs.

I find this very disappointing and misleading. Am I the only one that thinks the comment "CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand..." meant manufactured in a CD pressing facility instead of burned on a computer?

Very misleading. Granted, technology is getting better, but I have a bunch of CD-Rs around the 7yr mark that are just unreadable at this stage of their life. While I certainly appreciate the desire to appease consumer demands, this is just wrong on so many levels.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Wow, I am one of the "misleds" then. I totally thought they were just your regular store-bought CDs. Well, If I knew that, I would have gotten digital download.
    Do we know for sure if they are going to be like the 00/03 boots? Why would they sell CDRs when anyone could save $7 and burn them by themselves?
    edit: Ok, I see the reply saying they are CDRs. Can we have some info on if there will be nice packaging, etc, or if this is just going to be some CDRs tossed in a mailer?
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Yeap, I was just suckered into it because of thinking of the packaging. If it's just some crappy mailer, yeah, I'll be a little pissed off. Not too much mind you because hell, we got the freaking Bonnaroo boot!!
    I really doubt they will just be in a crappy mailer. Anyway, look at it this way, to get the same quality burn yourself you'd have to pay $14.99 for the FLAC, then download it, then burn it. Is it worth $2 to get someone to do that for you? Maybe it's not. For me I think it probably would be, especially because I would assume they would still have some kind of packaging and printed discs. Of course, I'm international so I have to decide if that's worth $6.50. It probably still is.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,356
    might go wild and purchase the first 7 show's in one order soon, and then the 6 remaining shows july 2nd. but .. hmm .. will beacon be also released via cd/flac/mp3 now? cause bonnaroo which we thought wasn't gonna make it officially released.

what to do. d'oh! wished my ass was in the usa experiencing the free cd shipping cost experience.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    demetrios wrote:
    might go wild and purchase the first 7 show's in one order soon, and then the 6 remaining shows july 2nd. but .. hmm .. will beacon be also released via cd/flac/mp3 now? cause bonnaroo which we thought wasn't gonna make it officially released.

what to do. d'oh! wished my ass was in the usa experiencing the free cd shipping cost experience.
    I think I'll just wait and see what the CDs end up looking like. I'm sure they'll arrive in the US long before I'll get them. Then I can decide whether it's worth it, or just d/l the FLAC.
  • Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    When I first read this statement, I thought that the CDs were going to be factory pressed CDs like the 2000 and 2003 bootlegs. After reading the e-mail regarding the 2008 Bootleg Program and some of the other comments in this thread, it seems that the CDs will actually be CD-Rs.

I find this very disappointing and misleading. Am I the only one that thinks the comment "CDs will be manufactured according to customer demand..." meant manufactured in a CD pressing facility instead of burned on a computer?

Although I understand how you could have misunderstood the statement, I don't think it was misleading.

according to customer demand should pretty much tell you that they will make as many CD's as ordered. While pressing CD's (and I'm assuming this) would require that they be produced in batches.

It's too bad that they won't be pressed though :(
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
  • Options
    well, it's father's day. been listening to the pj most of the day. also been checking out a few audio/video clips of the past 3 show's online. so, i have given in. i bought the first 3 show's today .. via cd style! :)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/demetriosns/3firstshows08.jpg

shipping per show is 4.50 cdn. total was 13.50 for the 3 show's, cd format style. even if i waited later on to purchase etc.. the shipping cost will be the same. no box set. so, let the buying games begin. :)
  • Options
    mama mia!!! just noticed. bonnarro is dated 6/12/08!!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    OK, where do I go to purchase the Bonnarrooo setlist?

http://www.blackredyellow.com/database.php?act=view&cat=show&id=1094
  • Options
    libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    It's nice that cds are being offered. I probably will be buying most of them.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Options
    NoCoder10NoCoder10 Posts: 3
    good work bringing back the CDs. The last time around it really felt like the bootleg download thing was moving in the right direction.... you could download shows almost immediately... then it disappeared as older download streams started coming available.

Is this a step toward helping fans experience the recent live growth and awesome development as well as the opportunity to experience times of old? Or just selling music until demand slows again?
    It's instilled to wanna live
    bandaged hand in hand
    nothing as it seems,
    I'm questioning my education
    (ev & pj)
  • Options
    I've already pre-ordered all 7 shows to date. On CD.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    JazzmannJazzmann Posts: 98
    What does it mean that it's CDRs instead of pressed? Will they look like regular cdrs without anything printed on it? :O
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    awesome awesome awesome!! couldnt go to any concerts but getting the music from VCAST on my phone! and some of the songs are free, which is amazing for broke me! (they change after every concert- right now 'do the evolution' is free, but tomorrow it'll probably be something else). so far i have 'army reserve' from the columbia concert, 'hard to imagine' from camden I and 'do the evolution' from camden II
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    ********* Do we place mp3 bootlegs orders now? Or do you just preorder if you want a cd? I’m guessing no preorder for mp3, since it’ll be over the net. *********
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    Ive been trying out the Verizon thing. I like it. The songs are up the next day, and sound pretty good.

Ill probably get the 2 Camden shows in CD form and try out a few others in Flac. Waiting to decide though.
  • Options
    ********* Do we place mp3 bootlegs orders now? Or do you just preorder if you want a cd? I’m guessing no preorder for mp3, since it’ll be over the net. *********

You can pre-order all 3 options as you so choose. They will be available on set dates. So far, I have pre-ordered all of the mp3 shows available.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    You can pre-order all 3 options as you so choose. They will be available on set dates. So far, I have pre-ordered all of the mp3 shows available.

thanks for answering. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44
    I cannot unterstand the problems some European people have with the shipping costs.

If I could order all CDs in a pack I would have to pay 23,5% import fees which would be $ 3,99 per CD.

So the extra costs are only 50 Cent for one bootleg.

And that calculation does not even include the shipping costs for a bundle.

So we're talking 13x0,50 = 6,50 which the bundleshipping would cost for sure.

OK - ordering is more work - but it doesn't cost me more!
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    Got the West Palm FLAC download yesterday and it sounds fantastic!! Thanks 10c/Pearl Jam for the boots and all of the various options this time around as well!!
  • Options
    Hello everybody!
    since there is no way i can go to USA to see them live, i already downloaded the west palm beach and the tampa concerts as mp3 bootlegs.
    Just a question: when i last downloaded PJ shows, there were also availables as jpg files the front and back covers, but this time they are not. jpg files will be later available or i must invent something to package the burned CDs?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617
    I think the downloads are music files only. Leaves the door open for creativity though :)

Im listening to the Tampa FLAC as I type. Sounds great.
  • Options
    How long will bootlegs be available for these shows? I planned on ordering a hard copy for a few of the shows and I was just wondering if anyone knew when they will stop being available.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    tschoesstschoess Posts: 44
    How long will bootlegs be available for these shows? I planned on ordering a hard copy for a few of the shows and I was just wondering if anyone knew when they will stop being available.

10c says they don't know - so nobody does.
    Encompassing trip 2006: 22.9. Prague - 23.9.Berlin - 25.9.Vienna
    to be continued 2007 in Munich - Nova Rock - London
  • Options
    I'm sure they'll give us a warning before they're discontinued. They better or I'll be pissed!
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    JWBusher wrote:
    I'm sure they'll give us a warning before they're discontinued. They better or I'll be pissed!

Not gonna wait...I purchased the first 10 and when the last 3 (or 4 I hope) become available I will be getting them...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Was going to d/l the shows in FLAC but now since there is no artwork I'll wait on feedback RE: the made to order CDs.

Question on the shows that are available: Is there still an issue with them including 2 songs in one track? This was my main grievance in '06; not hard to fix but annoying.
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Ralph wrote:
    Was going to d/l the shows in FLAC but now since there is no artwork I'll wait on feedback RE: the made to order CDs.

Question on the shows that are available: Is there still an issue with them including 2 songs in one track? This was my main grievance in '06; not hard to fix but annoying.

I've downloaded WPB and Tampa and every song has been separate, so no worries :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."