Options

Soundgarden Bootlegs

Comments

• Options
    U2BoyU2Boy Posts: 2
    Anyone have the live Bsides from the Superunkown Bsides?
  • Options
    opiumrebelopiumrebel Posts: 22
    mareede wrote:
    They mixed up the setlists from time to time in Europe (9/16/96-10/18/96) and only about 1/4 of those shows have surfaced. If they played it, it would have been at one of the unsurfaced 10/96 shows, just similarly as they played "Switch Opens" during that time. Allegedly they also played "4th of July" and "The Day I Tried To Live" at the Prague show (9/30/96) but I don't have any proof there beyond a review of the show, and reviews aren't always very trustworthy. The other possibility is that it could have been played during the summer 1995 tour in the same spot as "Christi", since the song dates back at least to 1994. This is all speculation, of course.

I strongly wish they've played "Tighter&Tighter" or "Overfloater" those are my favorite songs from "Down On The Upside" but I doubt it. When seeing them live in 96 I was shouting at Chris to play "Tighter&Tighter" no response ;-).
    But on youtube I found a clip of Chris incorporating portions of "Overfloater" into his Slaves&Bulldozer medly on his recent tour.
  • Options
    Hi everybody,

sorry for this thing taking so long. I hope I have the whole thing done in the next two weeks. So for now I've recorded a little teaser, off the TV, with my Videocamera. I will post the 2 min. long clip tonight on youtube.
    But beware my TV is so old the result looks horrible, sorry for that. So it's just a prelude of things to come.
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Alright, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I've posted two minutes of the Soundgarden Jam episode on youtube. A prelude of things to come. Please remember taped off the TV with my camera, definitely not top notch.

Go to: http://www.youtube.com/morphinlounge101

You'll find it there among my videos it's called Soundgarden live & interview 96
    Enjoy
  • Options
    That was pretty kick-ass, even with the German voice dubbing.

Can't wait to see the whole thing.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    I read through all of those like 3-4x while doing research and I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I also read through the old SOMMS posts that are archived on the unofficial page. What show were you talking about? It's possible, but if they did play the song it would be odd to have debuted it during that tour.

I distinctly remember reading it, because it struck me as strange that they would play those songs. Basically what I remember was the jornalist saying something along the lines of "SG thrilled the crowd with slow burners such as over floater and tighter and tighter". Unfortunately I am not sure of the source, but the SG unofficial homepage was the only place I could think where I would have encountered it. There must be setlists for those BDO concerts around, because there are less than 10 shows on the circuit and they constitute the major summer festival in Oz. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'll see If I can track down the source when I get time.
  • Options
    mareedemareede Posts: 76
    I distinctly remember reading it, because it struck me as strange that they would play those songs. Basically what I remember was the jornalist saying something along the lines of "SG thrilled the crowd with slow burners such as over floater and tighter and tighter". Unfortunately I am not sure of the source, but the SG unofficial homepage was the only place I could think where I would have encountered it. There must be setlists for those BDO concerts around, because there are less than 10 shows on the circuit and they constitute the major summer festival in Oz. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'll see If I can track down the source when I get time.

If you can ever access it (I'm getting increasingly agitated with Hostsnake constantly going down...I'm not far off from purchasing my own domain and moving the damn thing), check my Live Guide. I combed through the BDO review pages and old SOMMS posts at least 3-4 times looking for information. I do remember reading something like that somewhere, but I discounted it because the BDO shows were pretty uniform. I have full setlists for almost every show of that tour except for Adelaide and Newcastle, so if they played those songs it would most likely have been Newcastle, the only headlining show out of those I don't have a full or even mostly full setlist for. It would be odd for them to debut those songs, but I guess it's possible.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    love this thread..

Hail, Hail Soundgarden bootlegs!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I have an excellent new treat to share when I get back to Oregon. I want to maintain the surprise though...
  • Options
    Any hints??? The suspense is killing me!!!!
  • Options
    Is it video? Please tell me it's video....
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I really want to know now!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Hints:
    *** Audio, not video.
    *** Good sounding, if a bit overdriven and suffering from a few tape errors.
    *** A historic show, one of the most-coveted in terms of history.
    *** They play "Hunted Down". That's the only setlist clue I'll give.

If you pay really close attention to the Live Guide, you'll probably be able to figure out what it is the next time I update it (coming very soon...I've been very busy!).
  • Options
    sounds exciting, when do u get back to Oregon?

also have u ever been contacted by the band or anyone associated about ur website, being the only one of its kind about the band, id be pretty impressed if someone covered my bands history of concerts and considerin its hard to find details about them its quite an effort
  • Options
    sounds exciting, when do u get back to Oregon?

also have u ever been contacted by the band or anyone associated about ur website, being the only one of its kind about the band, id be pretty impressed if someone covered my bands history of concerts and considerin its hard to find details about them its quite an effort

I'm back in Oregon in mid-July after a week in Ireland and 10 days in Illinois and Wisconsin. Once I get settled in and have all my music again the torrents will start flowing once more.

Matt Cameron contacted me once about getting boots, but I wasn't sure it was him-I mean, is there ever a sure way of knowing? Well, seeing as how I was seeing Pearl Jam a week later I requested "Deep" and "Blood"...and they played both at Champaign (4/23/03, my first PJ show after failing in '96, '98 and '00 to see them due to various circumstances). So it was Matt. But he never got back to me. I'd like to talk to Kim most since he seems to be the one most interested in being caretaker of the Soundgarden legacy-since Chris doesn't seem to have a clue anymore, Ben doesn't want to be in the public eye and Matt's just too busy. Someday...

Also, Immortality, you of all people should be very interested in my mystery show... ;)
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    I'm back in Oregon in mid-July after a week in Ireland and 10 days in Illinois and Wisconsin. Once I get settled in and have all my music again the torrents will start flowing once more.

Matt Cameron contacted me once about getting boots, but I wasn't sure it was him-I mean, is there ever a sure way of knowing? Well, seeing as how I was seeing Pearl Jam a week later I requested "Deep" and "Blood"...and they played both at Champaign (4/23/03, my first PJ show after failing in '96, '98 and '00 to see them due to various circumstances). So it was Matt. But he never got back to me. I'd like to talk to Kim most since he seems to be the one most interested in being caretaker of the Soundgarden legacy-since Chris doesn't seem to have a clue anymore, Ben doesn't want to be in the public eye and Matt's just too busy. Someday...

Also, Immortality, you of all people should be very interested in my mystery show... ;)

You should've requested backstage passes instead of Deep and Blood! :D
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    You should've requested backstage passes instead of Deep and Blood! :D

Yeah, but those songs had been resurrected for that tour and I was in a serious Ten/Vs phase at the time. Plus, I wasn't sure it was actually Cameron. He never got back to me, in any case.

That Champaign show absolutely owned though...one of the best shows from that entire tour and my #2 all time show (#1 is PJ at the Gorge, night 1 in 2006...#3 is the Arcade Fire at Sasquatch last year, #4 is Sleater-Kinney in Chicago in 2005 and #5 is Sonic Youth in Chicago in 2003).
  • Options
    mareede wrote:

really?? hmmm, i wouldnt have a clue what show could it be unless its a 1995 show or one with Limo Wreck in it, im gona be in bootleg overload when u start postin shows again
  • Options
    really?? hmmm, i wouldnt have a clue what show could it be unless its a 1995 show or one with Limo Wreck in it, im gona be in bootleg overload when u start postin shows again

Limo Wreck is like my all-time favorite SG song.

Champaign is a great boot..

That's the one they opened up with a furious version of DTE.. yes?

Heard that show was like "PJ in the round" very intimate...

OK.. WTF is up with this newly discovered SG boot???

I need a tracklist..!

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Yeah, Champaign was amazing. I still listen to that boot all the time.

Do you all really want me to tell you what it is or would you rather be surprised?
  • Options
    Eh, just go ahead and tell us.
  • Options
    Fair enough.
    SOUNDGARDEN
    January 18, 1994
    Selina's Coogee Bay Hotel
    Sydney, Australia

Source: unknown audience recording
    Lineage: unknown > CDRx
    Time: 77:01
    Quality: 8.0/10

1. Incessant Mace
    2. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
    3. Flower
    4. Rusty Cage
    5. I Awake
    6. Hands All Over
    7. Face Pollution
    8. Fell On Black Days
    9. Little Joe
    10. Little Joe (cont.)
    11. Hunted Down
    12. Spoonman
    13. Beyond The Wheel
    14. Get On The Snake
    15. Mind Riot
    16. Somewhere
    17. Kickstand
    18. Slaves And Bulldozers

Notes: Soundgarden's first performance in Australia. Chris has an excellent vocal night, maxing out some amazing high notes in "Incessant Mace" and "Beyond The Wheel". "Little Joe" is a huge surprise, the last known performance of the song (though I suspect it was played at other headlining dates on this tour). Great setlist, with at least two songs from every studio album at that point.
    I'll torrent this when I get home...I'm too busy now, really. My computer's been acting really slow lately too. Gah.
  • Options
    Rob JayeRob Jaye Posts: 2
    I'm looking for some shows that have recently been shared on DIME, but as I unfortunately don't torrent I was wondering if some kind soul would be so generous as to put these up for direct download (megaupload/radpishare etc).

Shows in question;

Madrid, Barcalona, Hannover 1996
    Sydney 1997

I'd love to help out by putting some shows up myself, but almost everything I have has been shared here already. So, nothing to offer in return but my gratitude I'm afraid. That said, I'm sure there are other non-torrent users reading this thread that would also appreciate hearing those shows. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    Fair enough.
    SOUNDGARDEN
    January 18, 1994
    Selina's Coogee Bay Hotel
    Sydney, Australia

Source: unknown audience recording
    Lineage: unknown > CDRx
    Time: 77:01
    Quality: 8.0/10

1. Incessant Mace
    2. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
    3. Flower
    4. Rusty Cage
    5. I Awake
    6. Hands All Over
    7. Face Pollution
    8. Fell On Black Days
    9. Little Joe
    10. Little Joe (cont.)
    11. Hunted Down
    12. Spoonman
    13. Beyond The Wheel
    14. Get On The Snake
    15. Mind Riot
    16. Somewhere
    17. Kickstand
    18. Slaves And Bulldozers

Notes: Soundgarden's first performance in Australia. Chris has an excellent vocal night, maxing out some amazing high notes in "Incessant Mace" and "Beyond The Wheel". "Little Joe" is a huge surprise, the last known performance of the song (though I suspect it was played at other headlining dates on this tour). Great setlist, with at least two songs from every studio album at that point.
    I'll torrent this when I get home...I'm too busy now, really. My computer's been acting really slow lately too. Gah.

Wow, what a nice gift Matt, can't wait for you to torrent it. Have a good one. The torrent I'm planning (Soundgarden TV-Special) should be up by the end of next week.
  • Options
    so much for the surprise, anyway that looks like an insane show thanks for it.
  • Options
    That looks great, can't wait! Is that show uncirculated? I haven't been able to access the Live Guide for almost 2 weeks...
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    It's totally uncirculated. I wasn't even aware a recording existed until I was doing some research a couple months ago and stumbled across it on an Australian trader's page. After some emails, he finally consented to a trade. There are a few tape errors and some static but otherwise the recording is really nice. I think people are going to love it.

I'm at wit's end with Hostsnake. I'm too busy right now to find another webhost but I'm going to soon. To think-I picked them based on performance reviews! Since I launched the guide they've been down more than they've been up. I was going to update it too...and it was pretty much done.

Frustrating, it really is.
  • Options
    That looks great, can't wait! Is that show uncirculated? I haven't been able to access the Live Guide for almost 2 weeks...

great setlist is an understatement..

epic..

can't wait.. !
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    first let me say that i found this thread about a week ago and it is incredible. ive probably downloaded 4 or 5 shows already. but theres a few im still looking things im still looking for:

1. a live version of power trip. they did this one live in the 80's shows a few times but not after, even after louder than love was released according to the soundgarden live guide anyway.

2. a live version of cold bitch, if it exist

3. there is a myth about chris hitting a C6 in an old soundgarden bootleg. if anyone has any info on this and where i can find the note i would love it.

if you have a boot that contains any those request could u please either upload it or provide me with a link

THX!!!