Soundgarden Bootlegs

Comments

• Options
    terabyte23terabyte23 Posts: 8
    Hi folks - There is a nice-sounding 1989 sbd on ZOMB now, labeled as:

1989-xx-xx
    unknown date and location
    (good SBD)
    from Silver-CD "Live & Alive" (Imtrat Medienvertrieb imm 40.90322)

Anyone know the date and location of this show? I'm guessing it's one of the Fall '89 shows since at the start of track 05 Chris says "You may not know who we are but we just got a new person on bass - Jason Everman. Give him a hand."

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=23967

Thanks!
  • Options
    mareedemareede Posts: 76
    terabyte23 wrote:
    Hi folks - There is a nice 1989 sbd on ZOMB now, labeled as:

1989-xx-xx
    unknown date and location
    (good SBD)
    from Silver-CD "Live & Alive" (Imtrat Medienvertrieb imm 40.90322)

Anyone know the date and location of this show? I'm guessing it's one of the Fall '89 shows since at the start of track 05 Chris says "You may not know who we are but we just got a new person on bass - Jason Everman. Give him a hand."

http://zombtracker.the-zomb.com/details.php?id=23967

Thanks!

I'm 99% sure it's just a jumbled-up version of 10/29/89 Providence. I spent a bit of time comparing the 1989 SBDs I have and most of the dialogue is a complete match; in addition, the recordings are almost a match.

Just my observations.
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    I've been looking for the Cornell, Live in Sweden for ages, any chance someone can point me in the right direction. A link where I don't have to join or download software would be preferable.

Cheers
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    AmadeusDAmadeusD Posts: 44
    "Reach Down" has a better chance of being performed than "Blind Dogs". Did SG ever play that song live? I never specifically looked to find that on a bootleg... I did hear "Reach Down" on a few bootlegs (non-SG) and CC sounded good.

Enjoy the show, hopefully he won't perform too many of his average (and below) songs from the new cd and stick to the basics that keep everyone happy.
    You shouldn't be listening to music.
    Won't you come see me, Queen Jane....

Leaving the pillow alone tonight
    And I can see for miles
    Speak father with all your might
    Drive in one last nail
    I’d walk right into your hands
    From the end of the earth
    I’d make one final stand
    If you could see what I’m worth
  • Options
    Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    The only known performance of Blind Dogs was on Self-Pollution Radio, 1/8/1995.

And I think Reach Down was played with Audioslave, and maybe even on Lollapalooza '92 along with PJ. Not too sure.
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    I've been looking for the Cornell, Live in Sweden for ages, any chance someone can point me in the right direction. A link where I don't have to join or download software would be preferable.

Cheers

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RUKXO8TH
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Does anyone have the video fom the 10/26/89 (new music awards)? I have the audio and it is a kick ass performance of ugly truth!!!!!
    Here is the audio from this performance http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AKVX878J. Can anyone help me with the video of this? Any info would be appreciated.
  • Options

Thanks but I can't download software like Megaupload at work so if anyone can point me in the direction of some MP3's that'd be great or PM me.

Cheers
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Thanks but I can't download software like Megaupload at work so if anyone can point me in the direction of some MP3's that'd be great or PM me.

Cheers

Those are mp3's... Megaupload is not a software...
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Duder5k wrote:
    The only known performance of Blind Dogs was on Self-Pollution Radio, 1/8/1995.

And I think Reach Down was played with Audioslave, and maybe even on Lollapalooza '92 along with PJ. Not too sure.
    Reach Down was DEFINATELY not played with Audioslave. You're right about Lollapalooza though and it was also performed with Cornell and PJ in 2003 but I forget where.
  • Options
    Reach Down was DEFINATELY not played with Audioslave. You're right about Lollapalooza though and it was also performed with Cornell and PJ in 2003 but I forget where.

Santa Barbara Benefit 10/28/2003
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Santa Barbara Benefit 10/28/2003
    THAT's the one. Thanks.
  • Options
    Those are mp3's... Megaupload is not a software...

Sorry I'm not familiar with this software and just brushed it off when I saw it but having looked closer I've figured it out.

Thanks loads
    My PJ shows:
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Someone Please Tell Me?

Has New Damage Or Holy Water Ever Been Played Live? If So Link Me To A Boot Pleeease!
  • Options
    New Damage was played a few times, the last one being somewhere in 1994, I believe. Don't have any links though.

Holy Water was never played live, but Matt from this thread suspects it was rehearsed at soundcheck.
  • Options
    Duder5k wrote:
    New Damage was played a few times, the last one being somewhere in 1994, I believe. Don't have any links though.

Holy Water was never played live, but Matt from this thread suspects it was rehearsed at soundcheck.

awesome

people go on about the start of badmotorfinger but the two ending tracks are some of the best shit ive ever heard.

Chris' vocals on New Damage are just fuuuuuuuuuuuucking insane.
  • Options
    They played every song from BMF and Superunknown live, except for Holy Water. It's a pretty kick-ass song, I don't know why they didn't play it.
  • Options
    Duder5k wrote:
    They played every song from BMF and Superunknown live, except for Holy Water. It's a pretty kick-ass song, I don't know why they didn't play it.

They played "Holy Water" live, it just hasn't surfaced. They did it at the second warmup show in Seattle in 1991, on 9/05/91. They did "New Damage" at those shows too. They also played "New Damage" in Japan in 1994.

As for that "Ugly Truth" from the American Music Awards (10/26/89), I don't have the pro-shot but it does exist. I've never seen it personally and I haven't seen it on lists in ages, though.
  • Options
    What are the chances of it surfacing?

Holy Water live would be a real treat....
  • Options
    Duder5k wrote:
    What are the chances of it surfacing?

Holy Water live would be a real treat....

yeh and new damage

haha
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    yeh and new damage

haha

I'll put it this way: they aren't great. I know who has them, but I wouldn't bother him. He taped several other unsurfaced SG shows as well. I haven't even tried talking to him, honestly.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    I'll put it this way: they aren't great. I know who has them, but I wouldn't bother him. He taped several other unsurfaced SG shows as well. I haven't even tried talking to him, honestly.

why wouldn't you bother him :(

I dont care what quality the are,
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    why wouldn't you bother him :(

I dont care what quality the are,

From his web page:
    Congratulations! You've found
    Seattle Setlist archive. I've listed a bunch of setlists for shows that happened in the Seattle area while I was a music journalist. I decided to post these because it seems that many of these shows are unsurfaced and have not been listed online anywhere.

I've received a few emails from people interested in trades. Unfortunately I stopped trading after two shows I taped and traded ended up on boot CDs. F**king bootleggers. As a result, I no longer trade out these shows, but I decided to at least share info on the shows to fans who would be interested.

Feel free to contact him if you can find him (and trust me, it isn't hard-it should take you less than 2 minutes on Google) but he doesn't list an email address. All he has is a guestbook.

Good luck.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    From his web page:

Congratulations! You've found
    Seattle Setlist archive. I've listed a bunch of setlists for shows that happened in the Seattle area while I was a music journalist. I decided to post these because it seems that many of these shows are unsurfaced and have not been listed online anywhere.

I've received a few emails from people interested in trades. Unfortunately I stopped trading after two shows I taped and traded ended up on boot CDs. F**king bootleggers. As a result, I no longer trade out these shows, but I decided to at least share info on the shows to fans who would be interested.

Feel free to contact him if you can find him (and trust me, it isn't hard-it should take you less than 2 minutes on Google) but he doesn't list an email address. All he has is a guestbook.

Good luck.

Wow, this is really shitty. I hope he changes his mind... I mean, with the internet nobody buys bootleg CD's anymore, there's no reason to keep those recordings to himself...
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    So you actually heard Holy Water live? I was thinking they didn't play it live because of technical reasons, like not having enough rhythm guitars for example. The album version seems to have like 5 guitar tracks, and the solo sounds like it'd be hard to re-create live, I mean it sounds like it was improvised in the studio.
  • Options
    Duder5k wrote:
    So you actually heard Holy Water live? I was thinking they didn't play it live because of technical reasons, like not having enough rhythm guitars for example. The album version seems to have like 5 guitar tracks, and the solo sounds like it'd be hard to re-create live, I mean it sounds like it was improvised in the studio.

I haven't heard it. Out of the shows that guy taped, I've only heard 9/02/90 Seattle and that might not even be that guy's tape. He also taped PJ a few times too, BTW. He put 30-second WMA clips of a few songs from some shows on his site, too.

Personally I could care less if they played "Holy Water", but I can understand why people would be interested. I'd rather track down a live version of "Tighter & Tighter" though, another song that's never surfaced live but that I suspect was played at least once. My dream is a live version of "Karaoke", but I really doubt that's going to happen.

And for the record, they never played "Zero Chance" or "Overfloater" live, if you were going to ask.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:
    I haven't heard it. Out of the shows that guy taped, I've only heard 9/02/90 Seattle and that might not even be that guy's tape. He also taped PJ a few times too, BTW. He put 30-second WMA clips of a few songs from some shows on his site, too.

Personally I could care less if they played "Holy Water", but I can understand why people would be interested. I'd rather track down a live version of "Tighter & Tighter" though, another song that's never surfaced live but that I suspect was played at least once. My dream is a live version of "Karaoke", but I really doubt that's going to happen.

And for the record, they never played "Zero Chance" or "Overfloater" live, if you were going to ask.

what show do u suspect they played Tighter and Tighter, its one of my fav's?
  • Options
    what show do u suspect they played Tighter and Tighter, its one of my fav's?

They mixed up the setlists from time to time in Europe (9/16/96-10/18/96) and only about 1/4 of those shows have surfaced. If they played it, it would have been at one of the unsurfaced 10/96 shows, just similarly as they played "Switch Opens" during that time. Allegedly they also played "4th of July" and "The Day I Tried To Live" at the Prague show (9/30/96) but I don't have any proof there beyond a review of the show, and reviews aren't always very trustworthy. The other possibility is that it could have been played during the summer 1995 tour in the same spot as "Christi", since the song dates back at least to 1994. This is all speculation, of course.
  • Options
    mareede wrote:

They have. PLayed "Overfloater" on one of the Australian Big Day Outs during 97'. Not sure which one, but I remember reading it on one of gig reviews on the unofficial SG hompegage.
  • Options
    They have. PLayed "Overfloater" on one of the Australian Big Day Outs during 97'. Not sure which one, but I remember reading it on one of gig reviews on the unofficial SG hompegage.

I read through all of those like 3-4x while doing research and I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I also read through the old SOMMS posts that are archived on the unofficial page. What show were you talking about? It's possible, but if they did play the song it would be odd to have debuted it during that tour.