Options

To : All the single guys that bitch about no "Cute single girls":

Comments

• Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    SENROCK! wrote:
    of COURSE you'll be at venice beach! hahaha oh but dont worry, i wont show up. You want 'hott chicks' and im NOT hott!!!!
    beer and paper sacks! j/k
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    RayneRayne Posts: 99
    I'm just laughing my ass off at the responses to this thread.

NO, I wasn't looking to get 'Picked up", "hit on", "married", or even dated. I just mean simple conversation. And let me say, I am very outgoing. I go to bars, movies, dinner...whatever alone. I'm fine with that. BUT, being alone while everyone is in groups is tough. Plus, you've all been there, drinking already...settled into your happy little groups. I can handle putting myself out there, but I don't interrupt, (Well, usually!)...it's rude.

We're New Englanders. We're a little leary of different people, I know this...but it still shocked me to be on the other side of it...ya know? Please just remember that some of us ARE alone for whatever reason, (perhaps cuz our Ex PJ Boys are douchebags?!...but that's another story...), and it's not fun being the alone person...so have some compassion and giva a "Hi" just cuz you can.

And next time my tee shirt will say "HI< I'm RAYNE, fuckers! Say HELLO!" ;)
    Underneath this smile lies everything...How I choose to feel, is how I AM!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a spring time ahead.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    yakko69 wrote:
    This thread is PRICELESS!!!
    I would have loved to show up to the Hartford pre-party, but I got caught in traffic in NYC area. I had to work till 3pm and could not leave early.

I have found it quite difficult to meet a cute single diehard female PJ fan. Most of them are either taken or aren't into dudes!

Although, in Camden I, I did see an absolutely stunning brunette with glasses and a white shirt rockin out to EVERY PJ song. She was on Stone's side, about 8 rows up, 2 rows in front of me. I would have gotten down on my knee that moment and married her as she pumped her fist to SOLAT!

When I went to the MSG II preparty at McGarrys, most people were in their cliques, and found it a bit difficult to mingle. I was with a friend who wanted to see Ted Leo so we had one drink and left.

I was with friends at McGarrys but the place was MOBBED! Seriously, I couldn't believe how long it took me to get a drink at the bar (how does that happen to a cute girl?)so I barely saw anyone except the people I hung with! Not a great set-up in there for mingling so I feel your pain there.

and no, not married or taken and not into girls. Just a happily independent female PJ fan. so where were you?!?!?!?! ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dunkman wrote:
    *WIPES TEAR*

that brought back nice memories :)

:D I knew it was meeting me that made the Astoria special for ya :p
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Rayne wrote:

NO, I wasn't looking to get 'Picked up", "hit on", "married", or even dated. I just mean simple conversation. And let me say, I am very outgoing. I go to bars, movies, dinner...whatever alone. I'm fine with that. BUT, being alone while everyone is in groups is tough. Plus, you've all been there, drinking already...settled into your happy little groups. I can handle putting myself out there, but I don't interrupt, (Well, usually!)...it's rude.

We're New Englanders. We're a little leary of different people, I know this...but it still shocked me to be on the other side of it...ya know? Please just remember that some of us ARE alone for whatever reason, (perhaps cuz our Ex PJ Boys are douchebags?!...but that's another story...), and it's not fun being the alone person...so have some compassion and giva a "Hi" just cuz you can.

hey lady....I give you credit for doing stuff alone. It's one of my favorite things to do, I rather enjoy my own company. You've got the sack to have dinner alone, got to a bar alone? you certainly have the sack to step into a conversation. Like I said earlier....eavesdrop on a conversation and step in when you hear something funny/interesting. That's how you spark up conversation in groups that are already established. Call it rude or whatever but most people welcome a new person to the group, regardless of their "New England-ness".
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    i kinda see what you mean, kinda...
    in 2006 at the gorge i felt silly (especially as a younger fan) going up to a group of people to say hi, even though i recognized one of them from the board... i think i was intimidated, everyone was older for starters and i didn't know anyone.

but now i feel even sillier looking back on my reluctance to... in fact even when i went to Munich to meet up with said person I spent a good 3 hours sitting with three irish guys i had met at the hostel. It wasn't until i worked up the guts to leave them (they didnt like pearl jam anyways ;)) that finally went up and talked to the pearl jam fans.

one year later some of them i consider my closest friends! i've gone back to europe to visit some, done road trips in the US with some, met even more people through some... and i consider them the main reason WHY i travel to see shows... i don't think that i'd have gone to europe again, bridge school, this past tour, lollapalooza, etc if i hadn't shooken off the silly hesitance to go up and say hi! :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    Rayne wrote:

Me and another fan will be at British Brewing Co. on thurs & friday pre-moe at the melody tent......stop by and say hello :)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    In my experience there aren't ANY good looking single PJ chicks. Maybe Rayne is a hottie, but I'm just going to say that if that's true...she's the only hot and single PJ chick out there.
    There are always hot chicks in the crowd, but they are also usually tethered to some douche-sack who's on his 18th beer, and who yells for them to play Jeremy all night.

Well, the next time the boys play Phoenix you should come down Rayne...we'll hang out! ;)
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    In my experience there aren't ANY good looking single PJ chicks. Maybe Rayne is a hottie, but I'm just going to say that if that's true...she's the only hot and single PJ chick out there.
    There are always hot chicks in the crowd, but they are also usually tethered to some douche-sack who's on his 18th beer, and who yells for them to play Jeremy all night.

Well, the next time the boys play Phoenix you should come down Rayne...we'll hang out! ;)
    ouch...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Sweet Jane's was packed when I got there. Started up a chat with a Cubs fan but sounds like it would have been more fun chatting with you Rayne. :)
    I stayed for maybe 25 mins and then headed out with some freinds for a nice sit down dinner. I'm sure you had a great time at the show. :D
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    Okay, why it is that a PJfan woman needs to be hot to get the pit seal of approval while the PJfan guys just need to be....well, breathing basically?
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    Okay, why it is that a PJfan woman needs to be hot to get the pit seal of approval while the PJfan guys just need to be....well, breathing basically?
    hahaha... no kidding
  • Options

Seriously.

I've yet to see any OH MY GOD, DROP DEAD HOT guys at a show...
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Seriously.

Then open your eyes...look around, they're everywhere!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options

I'm too busy watching the band to look search the crowd for hot guys... ;)
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I'm too busy watching the band to look search the crowd for hot guys... ;)

Oh..doh! Forgive me! I didn't realize you walked into the venues with a blindfold on! :p:D

• Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Seriously.

'cept on stage : )
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options

You ain't jokin!

• Options
    Laura in NJLaura in NJ Posts: 176

AMEN, SISTAH!!!
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options

Maybe that's my problem. No man will ever compare... :D
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Maybe that's my problem. No man will ever compare... :D
    Hahahaha.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i have to agree with you here. theres a wide variety of hott pearl jam dudes at shows. REALLY hott. This is something you browse for BEFORE the show starts. Once the boys take the stage.......NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!!!!

p.s big guys are the BEST. No short scrawny-ness.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818

Cause it's the nature of the species that thinks with their protruding genitals, while the gentler, smarter gender of the species sees value past the superficial.

:rolleyes: :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Cause it's the nature of the species that thinks with their protruding genitals,

:D HAHAHA.
  • Options
    Rayne wrote:
    OK Y'all. I was at Sweet Jane's Friday night for about an hour. I walked in alone, wandered around, went to the bar, tried to order a beer - since the only "light' they had was Coors (ew!) I went with a Guiness. (Sidebar, btw - NE bar that doesn't have ANY Sam Adams...WTF?!) Proceeded to stand around watching some of the cool videos they had streaming, bought some raffle tickets...then continued standing ALONE until my beer was gone. SO, I gave my tickets away and moved on to the lot to tailgate.

SO I ask you all - WHY did I stand alone for an hour?! You were all in groups, kinda hard for a single girl to break into conversation with ya...I was wearing my '96 tour Tee, obviously a fellow fan...had a smile on my face at least for the first 1/2 hour....and I stood alone. Kinda Sad, I thought. That's all I'm sayin.

Not reading this entire thread, but wow, this just sounds desperate & sad. You coulda joined in some convos. If mostly everyone was there to meet, (I imagine that's what the pre-parties are for, I never go to them.) I can't imagine people there woulda minded chatting some PJ. Yeah, it mighta been awkward bein alone, but I'm sure you felt more awkward standing alone in your PJ shirt. I think if you had looked at it from a different perspective, rather than "I'm so cute, someone will talk to me" & just went & talked to some fellow fans, you woulda had a better time for sure.

At the risk of rubbing it in, as I'm not really one for meeting random new people. I got hit on just about everywhere I went on my PJ adventure....sometimes flattering, sometimes annoying (like when you're already with friends & you tell the guy "I'm with him" so he'll leave you alone & he says "he doesn't seem that interested."...I give him credit for trying, but come on. lol)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    Rayne wrote:
    Cute...yeah - we were all in Hartford, guy..it was the pre-party...

And as I said, most everyone was in groups. It's kinda hard to be like..."Hey........" when you're all into your converstion with you're buds. I know I bear some blame in this, I didn't walk right up to many people and initiate the conversation. This was my first show alone, and that was hard on it's own...next time I'll know better. I was just a little bummed that not ONE person was like, "Hey, you're here alone?! Come chat with us...." Or some such. The lots were much easier.

I got to Sweet Janes around 3:30 alone as well; my sis got there around 5:45 from Boston. I kind of poked around hoping to meet some new peeps but when I realized everyone in groups were justifiably distracted with the nights festivities, I initiated conversations and within minutes met great folks from Chicago and Pennsylvania. If the ice ain't breakin, sometimes YOU have to hit it...
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    I'm a fan of hiting on waitresses at pre parties or any place.

I don't think any of the "Jamily" would have gotten anywhere with the waitresses...We asked our server if working the preparty was fun and she said she never heard of Pearl Jam and now that she had would never listen to them. But to her credit, she was a very accommodating and quick server...just no musical intelligence whatsoever.
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • Options
    I don't think any of the "Jamily" would have gotten anywhere with the waitresses...We asked our server if working the preparty was fun and she said she never heard of Pearl Jam and now that she had would never listen to them. But to her credit, she was a very accommodating and quick server...just no musical intelligence whatsoever.
    dont like pearl jam?! i sure hope you didnt tip!!!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I hear ya, I'd love to find a girlfriend from here that loves pearl jam. We wpuld probably have alot of other similar interest too. If there are any single ladies in Houston, send me a PM. My myspace is below. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    red mos wrote:
    I hear ya, I'd love to find a girlfriend from here that loves pearl jam. We wpuld probably have alot of other similar interest too. If there are any single ladies in Houston, send me a PM. My myspace is below. :)
    why limit yourself to houston?
    just sayin... i'm all for the international pearl jam boys...
    helloooo europe :)