Options

To : All the single guys that bitch about no "Cute single girls":

Comments

• Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    _outlaw wrote:
    a horse
    I am not an expert, but I would say stay away from that and go for the Coors Light. :eek:
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    _outlaw wrote:
    a horse

oh of course.
    well, continue to enjoy drinking your horse piss .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    LostdoggieLostdoggie Posts: 257
    sgossard3 wrote:
    seriously? coors light is to american beer what corona is to mexican beer... flavorless, watered down piss! just a step above keystone light

I like that I can drink 15 of them and not feel anything the next day.
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone

8/20/98 - Montreal
    8/29/00, 8/30/00 - Mansfield
    7/02/03, 7/03/03, 7/11/03 - Mansfield
    9/28/04, 9/29/04 - Boston
    5/24/06, 5/25/06 - Boston
    6/28/08, 6/30/08 - Mansfield
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    I like that I can drink 15 of them and not feel anything the next day.
    thats never a good sign... drinking is like excercising... the more pain youre in the next day, the more effective you were... or you can always follow a night of drinking by chugging alot of water before passing out
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    SENROCK! wrote:
    lucky for YOU, you got them guns to protect you!!! :D

Hulk Hogan better watch the F Out! ;)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am not an expert, but I would say stay away from that and go for the Coors Light. :eek:
    well the point was that you stay away from both.
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    I consider myself a very sociable person (and many people that I've met from this board would agree), but there are times at many of these events that I've tried to initiate conversation to no avail. Sometimes just a one-word response and then a back-turned. It's not always easy to meet new people, I agree. There's safety in numbers.
    maybe you need two words.. posed as a question....

"Blow job?" hehehe
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Rayne wrote:
    Cute...yeah - we were all in Hartford, guy..it was the pre-party...

And as I said, most everyone was in groups. It's kinda hard to be like..."Hey........" when you're all into your converstion with you're buds. I know I bear some blame in this, I didn't walk right up to many people and initiate the conversation. This was my first show alone, and that was hard on it's own...next time I'll know better. I was just a little bummed that not ONE person was like, "Hey, you're here alone?! Come chat with us...." Or some such. The lots were much easier.

if i wasn't on crutches and thus pretty much rooted to one spot all night, i would've said hello. i'm quite the friendly sort. granted i am a fellow chick, so not much help to you. i actually met a good # of people, some absolute random strangers, not even board buddies....but perhaps crutches are a convo starter? dunno. i actually DID meet many single pj guys - well at least single that night ;) - however i am actually married. i find pj pre-parties one of the best/easiest places to be friendly and not feel out of sorts. next time, be more out-going! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    vital5 wrote:
    maybe you need two words.. posed as a question....

"Blow job?" hehehe
    bye bye.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    This thread is PRICELESS!!!
    I would have loved to show up to the Hartford pre-party, but I got caught in traffic in NYC area. I had to work till 3pm and could not leave early.

I have found it quite difficult to meet a cute single diehard female PJ fan. Most of them are either taken or aren't into dudes!

Although, in Camden I, I did see an absolutely stunning brunette with glasses and a white shirt rockin out to EVERY PJ song. She was on Stone's side, about 8 rows up, 2 rows in front of me. I would have gotten down on my knee that moment and married her as she pumped her fist to SOLAT!

When I went to the MSG II preparty at McGarrys, most people were in their cliques, and found it a bit difficult to mingle. I was with a friend who wanted to see Ted Leo so we had one drink and left.
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    ealasaid76ealasaid76 Posts: 95
    And working the counter for the Wishlist Foundation. Most people there that weren't working the counter, were a bit clique-y and didn't talk to me or anyone else that wasn't in their group. Really immature, I think.

I liked the group I met in Pittsburgh in 06. Shout out to Cateeto!
    FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS THREE!
    www.wm3.org
    9/13/98 Hartford,CT - 9/18/98 Columbia,MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach (Wantagh,NY) - 7/8/03 NYC (DVD show)
    9/28/04 Boston,MA (VFC Benefit-10C) - 6/23/06 Pittsburgh,PA
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    yakko69 wrote:
    This thread is PRICELESS!!!
    I would have loved to show up to the Hartford pre-party, but I got caught in traffic in NYC area. I had to work till 3pm and could not leave early.

I have found it quite difficult to meet a cute single diehard female PJ fan. Most of them are either taken or aren't into dudes!

Although, in Camden I, I did see an absolutely stunning brunette with glasses and a white shirt rockin out to EVERY PJ song. She was on Stone's side, about 8 rows up, 2 rows in front of me. I would have gotten down on my knee that moment and married her as she pumped her fist to SOLAT!

When I went to the MSG II preparty at McGarrys, most people were in their cliques, and found it a bit difficult to mingle. I was with a friend who wanted to see Ted Leo so we had one drink and left.

ya just have to be willing to put yourself out there. i think most people were with people that they knew...but many did mingle. i did spend most of the evening in one spot - however i DID move around when i first arrived and when ready to leave - chatting wtih differing groups of friends. however, i totally started up a random convo with a lovely young couple one table over, probably chatted for 15 minutes. if you can't try at a pearl jam pre-party, well then. to me, it's one of the 'safest' places to just randomly chat with ANYone, b/c you KNOW a shared loved of pj is a bond, GREAT ice breaker. you want to meet new people, you've got to be willing to put yourself out there.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    ya just have to be willing to put yourself out there. i think most people were with people that they knew...but many did mingle. i did spend most of the evening in one spot - however i DID move around when i first arrived and when ready to leave - chatting wtih differing groups of friends. however, i totally started up a random convo with a lovely young couple one table over, probably chatted for 15 minutes. if you can't try at a pearl jam pre-party, well then. to me, it's one of the 'safest' places to just randomly chat with ANYone, b/c you KNOW a shared loved of pj is a bond, GREAT ice breaker. you want to meet new people, you've got to be willing to put yourself out there.

So, any cute single ladies going to any of the Eddie show in the Metro area?
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Speeddiva8 wrote:
    And working the counter for the Wishlist Foundation. Most people there that weren't working the counter, were a bit clique-y and didn't talk to me or anyone else that wasn't in their group. Really immature, I think.

Yeah I agree with you. I only mingle with a couple of people I got my extras from. And they were very friendly and cool; and I think we clicked pretty good so hopefully I'll do more shows with those 3 guys.

Foxy/Laura was definitely cool shit though. The rest had their own thing going with their clique but whatever. It's all good.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    zenith wrote:
    :D

i know the perfect guy for you!!!!!

come to australia next tour ;)

Yay!! I have my own personal 'pimp' :D
  • Options
    anyone see me there???? i was in my custoom made 10 Pearl jam sox jersey and a bandwagon cap.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    yakko69 wrote:
    So, any cute single ladies going to any of the Eddie show in the Metro area?

probably.
    i know a few. :)
    so yes, be friendly.

i understand it's intimidating to break the ice, but there really is no better time to try then at pj shows/pre-parties. and hey, nothing worth having comes easy. ;) whether friendship or romance, you have to be willing to put yourself out there.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    _outlaw wrote:
    Beer in general tastes like fucking shit. I don't know how anyone can like that shit... I've given it so many chances and it never tasted any good.
    You've just never had good beer. Honestly the taste of beer varies so much that you just can't make a statement about how "beer in general tastes".
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • Options
    probably.
    i know a few. :)
    so yes, be friendly.

i understand it's intimidating to break the ice, but there really is no better time to try then at pj shows/pre-parties. and hey, nothing worth having comes easy. ;) whether friendship or romance, you have to be willing to put yourself out there.

I guess I will have to wear my "Single and Disease Free" shirt I have!
    I got a TON of attention at the Boardy Barn in the Hamptons last summer. In fact, someone took a pic of me and posted it on Snorg Tees. I'm famous!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Speeddiva8 wrote:

cateeto!!!!!!!!
    my girl.
    where the hell has she been lately?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    yakko69 wrote:
    I guess I will have to wear my "Single and Disease Free" shirt I have!
    I got a TON of attention at the Boardy Barn in the Hamptons last summer. In fact, someone took a pic of me and posted it on Snorg Tees. I'm famous!

OMG!
    you absolutely should! i would sooooooooooo talk to you wearing such a shirt! a man with a sense of humor = very sexy. ;) granted, as previously mentioned, i am not your intended demographic - as in, i am married...but hey...if i'd laugh and say hi, so would others. if nothing else, perhaps make a new pj friend, nutthin' wrong there eh? :)

and i see you are a fellow lawn guylanda......nice!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    OMG!
    you absolutely should! i would sooooooooooo talk to you wearing such a shirt! a man with a sense of humor = very sexy. ;) granted, as previously mentioned, i am not your intended demographic - as in, i am married...but hey...if i'd laugh and say hi, so would others. if nothing else, perhaps make a new pj friend, nutthin' wrong there eh? :)

and i see you are a fellow lawn guylanda......nice!

Yep, LI it is! I'm out in Port Jeff, but work in Farmingdale area.

So, got any cute single friends that rock out to PJ? LOL
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Rayne wrote:
    OK Y'all. I was at Sweet Jane's Friday night for about an hour. I walked in alone, wandered around, went to the bar, tried to order a beer - since the only "light' they had was Coors (ew!) I went with a Guiness. (Sidebar, btw - NE bar that doesn't have ANY Sam Adams...WTF?!) Proceeded to stand around watching some of the cool videos they had streaming, bought some raffle tickets...then continued standing ALONE until my beer was gone. SO, I gave my tickets away and moved on to the lot to tailgate.

SO I ask you all - WHY did I stand alone for an hour?! You were all in groups, kinda hard for a single girl to break into conversation with ya...I was wearing my '96 tour Tee, obviously a fellow fan...had a smile on my face at least for the first 1/2 hour....and I stood alone. Kinda Sad, I thought. That's all I'm sayin.

I can relate as I went to WPB, Tampa, and Columbia solo (divorce has its down sides). Although I sold my extra ticket, it wasn't like I was with someone to hang out with. Went to two preparties, once solo completely. A little daunting even though you know they are there for the same reason. I saw one attractive girl do the same as you, she sort of hung out by herself then disappeared after awhile.

Aah its hard to be single, eh? But the shows were awesome!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Aw shit! I was gonna look for you at all the pre-parties and totally forgot! YOu were gonna be my ride remember? :-) Were you at all of them?
    Hartford and both Mansfields. :)

I did see some "famous" faces there...
  • Options
    There are single girls out there.......But as soon as you start to like them, they just go make out with some other guy.......

.....Damnit
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    There are single girls out there.......But as soon as you start to like them, they just go make out with some other guy.......

.....Damnit

Sometimes the PJ lovin ladies get tangled up with the wrong kind of PJ lovin men.....the kind that lead them on....and then they're left sad and alone all over again...

....sometimes...not that i'd know anything about it.
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    Sometimes the PJ lovin ladies get tangled up with the wrong kind of PJ lovin men.....the kind that lead them on....and then they're left sad and alone all over again...

hmmm, interesting...
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Heh, had to respond to this thread...

At the start of the parties, it was absolutely PAINFUL to try to initiate conversation. I think it was the case of everyone's varying sense of insecurity and not wanting to be the 'uncool' kid or biggest PJ dork or whatever. Now that they've been going on for awhile it's definitely gotten a lot easier to strike up random conversations with people.

The one thing I know a lot of people suffer from, and I know I'm a terrible culprit of is "Party ADD" (attention deficit disorder). There's so many people to meet and see and say hi to, sometimes it appears that you're blowing off the person you're currently talking to. Personally, that's my one regret about doing the fundraisers - not getting a chance to actually sit and talk to a lot of people who I would've liked to have a drink with. Trixie & I, for example.. I think we barely got a hug in before I was getting yelled at by tour buddies to get in the ticket line or whatever... sorry girl! :o

Anyway, there are definitely cliques out there; the Euros, Wishlist peeps, Philly peeps, NY peeps, Canadians, fan girls, frat boys, etc. BUT in every group I've found lots of people who are willing and go out of their way to talk to people. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. Most of the time it's a case of being a little more outgoing and being the initiator instead of waiting for people to come to you. To this day there are tons of people here who post, and even MORE who lurk here, who were pretty nervous or shy about coming to these parties and mingling.

As a matter of fact, in Hartford while I was on the microphone before/after? the raffle, I even mentioned that I knew of some shy people who were in attendance and that everyone should grab a name tag and mingle... :) Perfect cue to turn to the person next to you and say hi (if you were there when I said it)

I certainly don't claim to know everyone here on the Pit, but I've definitely met my more than fair share of Pit people...and my ongoing offer stands.. I'm always happy to break the ice between people and make introduce people around. I have no shame heheh :D Rayne, I would've loved to have met you and done the same. :)

Life/opportunity is what ya make it!

p.s. LongRd. you kick ass too! :)

p.p.s - I'm not even gonna get into the dating/single part hehe!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    over_bends wrote:
    It was the pre-party. You should have just went up to the group that looked the most desparate for a PJ cutie and said "Hey, is this the pre-party?" Then the rest takes care of itself. Seems simple.

LOL, classic!!
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:

Oh, I gave up on the PJ lovin womens......Last one turned out to be a nut-job....
    When this just feels like spinning plates.