Options

To : All the single guys that bitch about no "Cute single girls":

Comments

• Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Why is everyone referencing her myspace for evidence of cuteness? Cuteness is all in the face, and I don't see a face on there!
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Rayne wrote:
    Cute...yeah - we were all in Hartford, guy..it was the pre-party...

And as I said, most everyone was in groups. It's kinda hard to be like..."Hey........" when you're all into your converstion with you're buds. I know I bear some blame in this, I didn't walk right up to many people and initiate the conversation. This was my first show alone, and that was hard on it's own...next time I'll know better. I was just a little bummed that not ONE person was like, "Hey, you're here alone?! Come chat with us...." Or some such. The lots were much easier.

so you did walk up to people in the parking lot? not that hard, right? same applies at a bar. Wander through the bar, look people directly in the face and say "hi". Be nosey if you have to...eavesdrop, interject when you hear something interesting and you can add to the conversation. Hell, we're a bunch of Pearl Jam junkies, you had that in common right from the start. I've been to plenty of bars alone to enjoy the music and I typically end up talking to someone there....and not because I waited for someone to approach me. If you wait for someone to approach, you run the risk of looking like you're waiting, looking like you're unapproachable. Wall flowers are tough to approach.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    over_bends wrote:
    Why is everyone referencing her myspace for evidence of cuteness? Cuteness is all in the face, and I don't see a face on there!
    maybe they friended her to see more of her pictures
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    woah! im 15 there is nothing wrong with me saying it, but god dam!!!! :D
    look me up in 2 years ;)

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    you just need to learn to "open up".

i struck conversations with all kinds of people.In beer lines,ticket line,poster line etc

met some really cool people and felt the love and sense of "community" amongst the fans! even in NY where people are supposed to be rude(especially if your from Boston) i was really enjoying interacting with fellow fans and never once had a negative confrontation.(NY was the shit by the way,can't wait to visit again)

I consider myself a very sociable person (and many people that I've met from this board would agree), but there are times at many of these events that I've tried to initiate conversation to no avail. Sometimes just a one-word response and then a back-turned. It's not always easy to meet new people, I agree. There's safety in numbers.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    look me up in 2 years ;)
    uhhh im a guy..................and chris hansen is my uncle :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options

Seriously? I'm a big fan...tell him hi for me.

• Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Rayne wrote:
    OK Y'all. I was at Sweet Jane's Friday night for about an hour. I walked in alone, wandered around, went to the bar, tried to order a beer - since the only "light' they had was Coors (ew!) I went with a Guiness. (Sidebar, btw - NE bar that doesn't have ANY Sam Adams...WTF?!) Proceeded to stand around watching some of the cool videos they had streaming, bought some raffle tickets...then continued standing ALONE until my beer was gone. SO, I gave my tickets away and moved on to the lot to tailgate.

SO I ask you all - WHY did I stand alone for an hour?! You were all in groups, kinda hard for a single girl to break into conversation with ya...I was wearing my '96 tour Tee, obviously a fellow fan...had a smile on my face at least for the first 1/2 hour....and I stood alone. Kinda Sad, I thought. That's all I'm sayin.

That's a damn shame! What's wrong with you people?
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    ill bring the wine coolers!

• Options
    Seriously? I'm a big fan...tell him hi for me.
    well i was joking hahahaha. but if i ever run into him ill say "some jeff ament crazed fan san deigo says hi" :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Whizbang wrote:
    so you did walk up to people in the parking lot? not that hard, right? same applies at a bar. Wander through the bar, look people directly in the face and say "hi". Be nosey if you have to...eavesdrop, interject when you hear something interesting and you can add to the conversation. Hell, we're a bunch of Pearl Jam junkies, you had that in common right from the start. I've been to plenty of bars alone to enjoy the music and I typically end up talking to someone there....and not because I waited for someone to approach me. If you wait for someone to approach, you run the risk of looking like you're waiting, looking like you're unapproachable. Wall flowers are tough to approach.....
    thats the Whiz way :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    well i was joking hahahaha. but if i ever run into him ill say "some jeff ament crazed fan san deigo says hi" :)

That's fine with me...Jeff's not underage!

• Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    stickboy wrote:
    thats the Whiz way :D

that's right! shit...even with a fucked up eye, I make a few friends. ;)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    MotorHeadMotorHead Posts: 50
    I was in Pa. Pm me your cell numbers and pics maybe I'll talk to ya.
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    that's right! shit...even with a fucked up eye, I make a few friends. ;)
    hahaha, that was awesome! i picked you out of how many people in mansfield? :D
    i got to see the Manson eye for real this time!
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    you just need to learn to "open up".

i struck conversations with all kinds of people.In beer lines,ticket line,poster line etc

met some really cool people and felt the love and sense of "community" amongst the fans! even in NY where people are supposed to be rude(especially if your from Boston) i was really enjoying interacting with fellow fans and never once had a negative confrontation.(NY was the shit by the way,can't wait to visit again)

haha are you sure you weren't on the poster line with the "poster security guards" @ msg II? but yea most us are decent :) i was online by myself "trying" to buy a poster and i eased dropped and had several little conversations with folks....most of which seemed to be couples lol
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    cantomscantoms Posts: 49
    Rayne wrote:
    OK Y'all. I was at Sweet Jane's Friday night for about an hour. I walked in alone, wandered around, went to the bar, tried to order a beer - since the only "light' they had was Coors (ew!) I went with a Guiness. (Sidebar, btw - NE bar that doesn't have ANY Sam Adams...WTF?!) Proceeded to stand around watching some of the cool videos they had streaming, bought some raffle tickets...then continued standing ALONE until my beer was gone. SO, I gave my tickets away and moved on to the lot to tailgate.

SO I ask you all - WHY did I stand alone for an hour?! You were all in groups, kinda hard for a single girl to break into conversation with ya...I was wearing my '96 tour Tee, obviously a fellow fan...had a smile on my face at least for the first 1/2 hour....and I stood alone. Kinda Sad, I thought. That's all I'm sayin.

I basically had the same experience at the WPB pre-party... except that I'm a guy. Even though I was tired as hell, I grabbed a cab over to the sports bar (the fact that this was one of the shittiest and most dingy places I've ever seen is a completely different issue) from my hotel because the pre-party had been hyped so much on these boards. When I walked in, I noticed everybody was already in their cliques and seemed to want nothing to do with any outsiders. I actually said hi to two couples after a few drinks (I'm normally a very shy person), both of whom ignored me and proceeded to stand a few feet down. It definitely wasn't a friendly atmosphere - people sitting at the bar seemed to hate it when I sqeezed in to order a drink. I didn't even bother to stay for the raffle...

Edit: At least there were a bunch of more engaging people at the show itself.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    perhaps your reciprocity vibes werent kicking in ?

Maybe you intimidtaed the fellas or they thought surely you were accompanied by some lucky fella.

sorry you werent spoken to in a dignified and respectful way ,

i didnt come across you or i would have .

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Rayne wrote:

Not to dismiss your valid expression, but you could have walked up to someone to join a conversation. Sometimes that's the way to do it when you don't know anyone. :o
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I think I lost my friends 5 min after I got there and met some people to talk to.
    You have to talk to people...they are not just going to approach you I guess. But I didn't seem to have a problem.
    You could have talked to me! :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    jjmofojjmofo Posts: 47
    I was about to pick you up but my wife was keeping a close eye on me. Besides, she would have maxed out my credit card and I would have been fucked.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I think I lost my friends 5 min after I got there and met some people to talk to.
    You have to talk to people...they are not just going to approach you I guess. But I didn't seem to have a problem.
    You could have talked to me! :)

You have friends?! :p

• Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 837
    walk around..... grab a few asses..... usually gets a response
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I talked to at least 4 different cute girls in line and at the show....dont think any of them were single though
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    teskeinc wrote:
    walk around..... grab a few asses..... usually gets a response
    lol...there were so many guys there..how could you NOT get one to talk to you.
    Smiles everyone, smiles.
    http://blogs.nypost.com/40by40/photos/Fantasy%20Island.jpg

Meredith, mom always said...if you have nothing nice to say....:p
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    of all the bands I seen, PJ 's got the hottest females
    hands down :)
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    Rayne wrote:

:D

i know the perfect guy for you!!!!!

come to australia next tour ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    Rayne wrote:

I totally feel for you... I'm a girl - 34 (but young looking), cute, single ... a huge PJ fan with an awesome 10C#. I'm employed, make decent money, LOVE beer... and... ???? I didn't make it to the Hartford pre-party but from going to those types of things in the past it doesn't really seem like anyone is seriously trying to meet other people. It doesn't have to be a pick up thing or anything but you would think that single guys would spot single looking girls and actually seem *interested* in starting a conversation. I'm really not sure what the problem is.
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    lol...there were so many guys there..how could you NOT get one to talk to you.
    Smiles everyone, smiles.
    http://blogs.nypost.com/40by40/photos/Fantasy%20Island.jpg

Meredith, mom always said...if you have nothing nice to say....:p

Aww...you know I love you...and I'm totally joking.

P.S. LOVE the pic!! :)

• Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Rayne wrote:

OK first off not a single guy here but always looking for a new myspace friend so I sent you a request........

I am sooooooooooo sorry to hear that they didn't have Sam Adams that was the first disppointment right there!!!!!! Sam and a shot of Jack always makes for good nights!!!!!

Hoping the next show you go to someone at least says hi and introduces themself!!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96