Options

To : All the single guys that bitch about no "Cute single girls":

Comments

• Options
    Oh, I gave up on the PJ lovin womens......Last one turned out to be a nut-job....

That's a shame. We're not all nut-jobs. I promise.
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    I just can't believe she dissed Coors Light.

Ummm... Coors Light does suck. She got that right!
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    That's a shame. We're not all nut-jobs. I promise.

Well all you non-nutjob PJ girls should thank the one that ruined your chances of getting a piece of me...

...I'm not actually all that conceited, just when it's true....
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Heh, had to respond to this thread...

At the start of the parties, it was absolutely PAINFUL to try to initiate conversation. I think it was the case of everyone's varying sense of insecurity and not wanting to be the 'uncool' kid or biggest PJ dork or whatever. Now that they've been going on for awhile it's definitely gotten a lot easier to strike up random conversations with people.

The one thing I know a lot of people suffer from, and I know I'm a terrible culprit of is "Party ADD" (attention deficit disorder). There's so many people to meet and see and say hi to, sometimes it appears that you're blowing off the person you're currently talking to. Personally, that's my one regret about doing the fundraisers - not getting a chance to actually sit and talk to a lot of people who I would've liked to have a drink with. Trixie & I, for example.. I think we barely got a hug in before I was getting yelled at by tour buddies to get in the ticket line or whatever... sorry girl! :o

Anyway, there are definitely cliques out there; the Euros, Wishlist peeps, Philly peeps, NY peeps, Canadians, fan girls, frat boys, etc. BUT in every group I've found lots of people who are willing and go out of their way to talk to people. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. Most of the time it's a case of being a little more outgoing and being the initiator instead of waiting for people to come to you. To this day there are tons of people here who post, and even MORE who lurk here, who were pretty nervous or shy about coming to these parties and mingling.

As a matter of fact, in Hartford while I was on the microphone before/after? the raffle, I even mentioned that I knew of some shy people who were in attendance and that everyone should grab a name tag and mingle... :) Perfect cue to turn to the person next to you and say hi (if you were there when I said it)

I certainly don't claim to know everyone here on the Pit, but I've definitely met my more than fair share of Pit people...and my ongoing offer stands.. I'm always happy to break the ice between people and make introduce people around. I have no shame heheh :D Rayne, I would've loved to have met you and done the same. :)

Life/opportunity is what ya make it!

p.s. LongRd. you kick ass too! :)

p.p.s - I'm not even gonna get into the dating/single part hehe!

Which one were you again? Did I meet you on this tour?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I agree with what Foxy said. Preparties are what you make of them.. I only made it to the DC party. I sat down and when i saw a guy with a Canadian flag on his shirt, i yelled "YAY MORE CANADIANS!" They came over and sat and just like that, i had someone to chat with.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Heh, had to respond to this thread...

At the start of the parties, it was absolutely PAINFUL to try to initiate conversation. I think it was the case of everyone's varying sense of insecurity and not wanting to be the 'uncool' kid or biggest PJ dork or whatever. Now that they've been going on for awhile it's definitely gotten a lot easier to strike up random conversations with people.

The one thing I know a lot of people suffer from, and I know I'm a terrible culprit of is "Party ADD" (attention deficit disorder). There's so many people to meet and see and say hi to, sometimes it appears that you're blowing off the person you're currently talking to. Personally, that's my one regret about doing the fundraisers - not getting a chance to actually sit and talk to a lot of people who I would've liked to have a drink with. Trixie & I, for example.. I think we barely got a hug in before I was getting yelled at by tour buddies to get in the ticket line or whatever... sorry girl! :o

Anyway, there are definitely cliques out there; the Euros, Wishlist peeps, Philly peeps, NY peeps, Canadians, fan girls, frat boys, etc. BUT in every group I've found lots of people who are willing and go out of their way to talk to people. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. Most of the time it's a case of being a little more outgoing and being the initiator instead of waiting for people to come to you. To this day there are tons of people here who post, and even MORE who lurk here, who were pretty nervous or shy about coming to these parties and mingling.

As a matter of fact, in Hartford while I was on the microphone before/after? the raffle, I even mentioned that I knew of some shy people who were in attendance and that everyone should grab a name tag and mingle... :) Perfect cue to turn to the person next to you and say hi (if you were there when I said it)

I certainly don't claim to know everyone here on the Pit, but I've definitely met my more than fair share of Pit people...and my ongoing offer stands.. I'm always happy to break the ice between people and make introduce people around. I have no shame heheh :D Rayne, I would've loved to have met you and done the same. :)

Life/opportunity is what ya make it!

p.s. LongRd. you kick ass too! :)

p.p.s - I'm not even gonna get into the dating/single part hehe!
    oh you explain it that way, then I understand it now. ; )
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Fascinating...

Thinking back to my first preparties, it amuses me as I look back on just how I broke the ice- by having no reservations whatsoever on being overly-excited for the upcoming PJ show, loudly.

Walk up to some random single or couple or trio. Easier to break in with small groups, before you build up your confidence and drift around, mixing with more and more people. Complement them on their concert fashion (fwoooor, love that 98 tour/home made arty/political slogan shirt!), bitch about 10c, talk up the show, start telling stories about how none of your friends get IT so that's why you're there solo, gossip about those damn Seattlites/NYers/Massholes/Euros/Aussies sitting around the corner who come all the way to take the good seats from the locals, bitch about how Kerensa's photos aren't as good as some other fan ones you've seen, and ohhh, the classic, 'how many shows have you done, I've done 71' :)

Inevitably there'll be people who are so cliquey it'd be impossible to break in to the convo, and you'd come out feeling, jeez, I feel soooooo desperate, I'm such a tool. It happens when you put yourself out there, but there's no other way to break in to these things if you head in totally solo.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Aw...I would've liked that too. There will be other times. :)
    It was nice to get a hug.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,352
    there were so many cutie girls at the preparties. many beautiful ladies, i got a chance to talk to, pass around dvd freebies, talked about pearl jam etc ..

i meet this amazing woman, for the first time at the hartford show. loved her username alot on the boards. was able to talk to her there, the after party, and at the boston1 preparty, show & afterparty. she is amazing.

will be seeing her in toronto this august! sweet! :)
    i will be in full force at the wishlist foundation preparties once again for both nights. i can't wait! :)
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am normally pretty shy about meeting new people.

This is one reason why I decided to try to help with the parties. I don't know a lot a board members and the ones I do know weren't going to be at those shows. I figured helping would be fun and a great way to meet new people. Worked out pretty good.

Now, my wife on the other hand, is not a huge PJ fan so she feels out of place sometimes and doesn't know as much about the band etc., but some nice people talked with her and it was all good.

Thanks everyone, it was fun!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Poncier wrote:
    OK I read the entire thread, and all I can take from it is this:

It took you an hour to drink one beer?

:D
    That is SOOOOOOOOOOOO something you would say! LOL!! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I still stand by the "no cute single women who are pj fans" statement.

At least I never come across any.

I know at least one..*cough*nfanel*cough* :D

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Rayne wrote:
    OK Y'all. I was at Sweet Jane's Friday night for about an hour. I walked in alone, wandered around, went to the bar, tried to order a beer - since the only "light' they had was Coors (ew!) I went with a Guiness. (Sidebar, btw - NE bar that doesn't have ANY Sam Adams...WTF?!) Proceeded to stand around watching some of the cool videos they had streaming, bought some raffle tickets...then continued standing ALONE until my beer was gone. SO, I gave my tickets away and moved on to the lot to tailgate.

SO I ask you all - WHY did I stand alone for an hour?! You were all in groups, kinda hard for a single girl to break into conversation with ya...I was wearing my '96 tour Tee, obviously a fellow fan...had a smile on my face at least for the first 1/2 hour....and I stood alone. Kinda Sad, I thought. That's all I'm sayin.

Because all of us good catches are married or taken. :D

Or, you were too attractive and imtimidated the Jamily Guys that were present. Or maybe they were all focused on Jamily Posters instead of the ladies.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    fanch75 wrote:
    :rolleyes:

She wasn't looking for a husband, just someone to talk to.
    I think.:o

Even the women in the bathroom were nice...everyone kept telling me there was no tp in the stalls and I forgot and then everyone reminded me again. :p
    Awesome party.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

Or, you were too attractive and imtimidated the Jamily Guys that were present. Or maybe they were all focused on Jamily Posters instead of the ladies.

Stop saying "jamily"! :p

• Options
    Stop saying "jamily"! :p

"Jamily" is totally acceptable and even hilarious when used in mocking references of PJ fans who are obsessives of posters or looking at DVD's instead of talking to the ladies.

"Jamily" in a serious context is so fucking stupid I can't even describe it.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    "Jamily" is totally acceptable and even hilarious when used in mocking references of PJ fans who are obsessives of posters or looking at DVD's instead of talking to the ladies.

Oh ok! I agree! Carry on then! :D

• Options
    I encourage this type of usage.

Ref: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=290580
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    you won't find me bitching about a lack of cute single girls, because there is always at least one. I don't have a hard time finding them either, but who gives a fuck I'm not at a pre party to hit on girls (ok I lied a little). I'm there to get amped up for th show (and to try and win a box full of bootlegs!!)
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Forget girls...they are everywhere...where the guys at, yeah?

By guys I mean not liars, wusses, and especially no weirdos. Last pj fanguy for me was so weird... I was about to end shit once and I guess he caught on and before I could even say anything, he said he'd kill himself if I broke up with him...
    A Shared Account.
  • Options

By guys I mean not liars, wusses, and especially no weirdos. Last pj fanguy for me was so weird... I was about to end shit once and I guess he caught on and before I could even say anything, he said he'd kill himself if I broke up with him...

If you had offered up one of your Jamily Posters, I bet all would have been fine.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    OK this thread makes me want to 1.) start drinking Guinness and 2.) go back in time and ask every female that walked that bar what their pit name was. Dammit Bekah! Drinking Guinness alone? WTF!!!!!! Makes me want to cry. This is a fine lookin' single woman we're talking about here guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit!

That said, it was great to meet so many of you at that bar...and holy crap Pearl Jam girls rock!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I'm a fan of hiting on waitresses at pre parties or any place.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    fanch75 wrote:

God Damn! That's quoteworthy :D

And I just put in a new sig in today. As Clay Davis would say "SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET"
    NERDS!
  • Options

mama mia!

i was volunteering with the wishlist foundation for the preparties. next time you're at the tables, and just wanted to talk about anything, pearl jam or non pearl jam related, give me a shoot. coming in from halifax, nova scotia .. first time hitting the east coast of usa ... i'm up for anything.

ps .. i'm not a wuss, a liar, and especially not a weirdo. do a little search on the interweb for more info. ;) might be little shy though. if you talk about music, art & films around me .. be prepared for a time of your life. trust me. :)
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

i might be a b+p/trading/torrenting/freebing cd/dvd audio/video pearl jam junkie and love collecting anything pearl jam on the side; aswell love helping other's out, volunteering, workaholic etc.. but gotta say, a woman .. talking to a woman .. anything related to a woman .. comes first for me. hope that paragraph makes sense. and yet, i'm still single. know i'm doing something wrong, d'oh! i'm guessing when the time is right, my time will come.
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    you won't find me bitching about a lack of cute single girls, because there is always at least one. I don't have a hard time finding them either, but who gives a fuck I'm not at a pre party to hit on girls (ok I lied a little). I'm there to get amped up for th show (and to try and win a box full of bootlegs!!)

heard those box set's were sweet! ;)
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

A+! Possibly the funniest thing i've read here. :D
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i had a thread about this kinda thing the other day... it was about how american fans werent very nice to each other... it was meant as a bit of fun... but some of the more patriotic of you got upset and surprise surprise the thread got deleted.

so, in summation, going by your myspace pic i would have stalke... eh i mean talked to you... us europeans know how to look after each other... not like you americans peeing on each others seats and stuff.*

*yes it was a joke.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Lostdoggie wrote:
    I just can't believe she dissed Coors Light.

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis? That's the easiest thing to believe in this whole tale.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/