Options

To : All the single guys that bitch about no "Cute single girls":

Comments

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    demetrios wrote:
    heard those box set's were sweet! ;)

yeah they were pretty sweet. I was wicked jealous of not winning one!!!

Cheers to you for providing them
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:
    i had a thread about this kinda thing the other day... it was about how american fans werent very nice to each other... it was meant as a bit of fun... but some of the more patriotic of you got upset and surprise surprise the thread got deleted.

so, in summation, going by your myspace pic i would have stalke... eh i mean talked to you... us europeans know how to look after each other... not like you americans peeing on each others seats and stuff.*

*yes it was a joke.

Whadid you jus' say 'bout Merica? If you don't like it you can jus' get the hell out o' here! Oh wait...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Whadid you jus' say 'bout Merica? If you don't like it you can jus' get the hell out o' here! Oh wait...

:D

weirdly enough 2 or 3 of them actually said something like that... and i'm thinking 'ehhhh my location clearly states Castle Fuckula... and everyone knows thats in Scotland!.. not Michigan'

so in retaliation to those guys i puked on their american flags, mounted their wives and stole their ipods.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    dunkman wrote:
    i had a thread about this kinda thing the other day... it was about how american fans werent very nice to each other... it was meant as a bit of fun... but some of the more patriotic of you got upset and surprise surprise the thread got deleted.

so, in summation, going by your myspace pic i would have stalke... eh i mean talked to you... us europeans know how to look after each other... not like you americans peeing on each others seats and stuff.*

*yes it was a joke.

If it ain't Scottish, it's crap!!!

I love to turn you on
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Apologies haven't read the whole thread.

Couple of years ago (wow can't believe it's been that long) I had read on the pit that people were going to meet in a pub pre Astoria ... didn't have a ticket to the gig but worked near by and as a single girl who really wanted to go to the gig headed down there ordered a drink then looked around spotted a table with a few guys sat at it that looked like they could be PJ fans and walked over and asked if they were from The Pit ... yes I felt a bit stupid ... but they were I sat down at there table and then spent the rest of the afternoon chatting to loads of people ... some of whom are now really great friends ... who have in the meantime introduced me to even more great PJ people.

It's not something I would normally do ... but you just have to put yourself out there :)

It can seem a bit cliquey as people are meeting up with friends they only see on tour ... but everyone I know is happy to meet new people.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    OK this thread makes me want to 1.) start drinking Guinness

...and holy crap Pearl Jam girls rock!

A) I know it's only 8:30am but goddamnit a Guinness sounds SOOOOOOo good right now. (is that bad?)

B) Damn straight we do.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    dunkman wrote:

weirdly enough 2 or 3 of them actually said something like that... and i'm thinking 'ehhhh my location clearly states Castle Fuckula... and everyone knows thats in Scotland!.. not Michigan'

so in retaliation to those guys i puked on their american flags, mounted their wives and stole their ipods.

Yes, some Americans are a sensitive lot. Mosty just the ones with small peckers and big trucks.

• Options
    Forget girls...they are everywhere...where the guys at, yeah?

By guys I mean not liars, wusses, and especially no weirdos. Last pj fanguy for me was so weird... I was about to end shit once and I guess he caught on and before I could even say anything, he said he'd kill himself if I broke up with him...

I'll still do it! I swear...

• Options
    A) I know it's only 8:30am but goddamnit a Guinness sounds SOOOOOOo good right now. (is that bad?)

B) Damn straight we do.

It's almost 5 in Dublin Ireland!!! I say pour it!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    It's almost 5 in Dublin Ireland!!! I say pour it!

Well, I'm taking care of a 2 year old (terrorist) and an 8 month old...I'll have to wait till I'm off at 3pm. :(
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/3/L11056689.jpg

cue the Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffet
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    dunkman wrote:

This sounds almost like the parking lot for the Mansfield shows.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    You know, they didn't have Sam Adams at Connelly's in West Palm Beach either, and I didn't meet any single PJ girls to talk with..

Next time, if the bar doesn't serve Sam Adams, it's a bar you don't wanna be at anyway.. Move on..
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    "Jamily" is totally acceptable and even hilarious when used in mocking references of PJ fans who are obsessives of posters or looking at DVD's instead of talking to the ladies.

"Jamily" in a serious context is so fucking stupid I can't even describe it.
    well put my friend :p
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    Apologies haven't read the whole thread.

Couple of years ago (wow can't believe it's been that long) I had read on the pit that people were going to meet in a pub pre Astoria ... didn't have a ticket to the gig but worked near by and as a single girl who really wanted to go to the gig headed down there ordered a drink then looked around spotted a table with a few guys sat at it that looked like they could be PJ fans and walked over and asked if they were from The Pit ... yes I felt a bit stupid ... but they were I sat down at there table and then spent the rest of the afternoon chatting to loads of people ... some of whom are now really great friends ... who have in the meantime introduced me to even more great PJ people.

It's not something I would normally do ... but you just have to put yourself out there :)

It can seem a bit cliquey as people are meeting up with friends they only see on tour ... but everyone I know is happy to meet new people.

*WIPES TEAR*

that brought back nice memories :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    dunkman wrote:

*yes it was a joke.
    I didn't see your thread, but for the most part, every one of us is nice to each other. I don't understand the point to the op's thread...so I am taking it in jest.
    It was so super-silly easy to meet people at Sweet Jane's. I mean, ridiculously so. And there were lots of little groups of guys by the bar that were friendly, but I had found some people to talk to.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,347
    I know at least one..*cough*nfanel*cough* :D
    The dudes in Philly need to open their eyes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    The dudes in Philly need to open their eyes.

http://www.hobartpulp.com/website/april/phanatic1.jpg

agreed!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    JAM76JAM76 Posts: 14
    This is my first post. :)

I went to the pre party for Mansfield 2 and I thought everyone was very friendly and nice. I had a great time and was very surprised at how outgoing people there were. I am on the shy side, so it's hard for me to start a conversation, however at the party is was very easy.
    It seems to me that out of the bands I have seen live, Pearl Jam fans are defintely the friendliest.

I actually met a really nice guy from Canada, and I wish I didn't have to run off, so I could talk to him more but my friends wanted to get to our seats. Oh well, there is always the next tour.
    www.myspace.com/jennifah76
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    JAM76 wrote:
    This is my first post. :)

I went to the pre party for Mansfield 2 and I thought everyone was very friendly and nice. I had a great time and was very surprised at how outgoing people there were. I am on the shy side, so it's hard for me to start a conversation, however at the party is was very easy.
    It seems to me that out of the bands I have seen live, Pearl Jam fans are defintely the friendliest.

I actually met a really nice guy from Canada, and I wish I didn't have to run off, so I could talk to him more but my friends wanted to get to our seats. Oh well, there is always the next tour.

Don't blame me for leaving! Hahahahahahha!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    Where is the single girl meet-up for the Who Vh1 show? I'll be trying to lure someone back to my 2.5* hotel with the promise of some brownies and a Mike's Hard Lemonade!
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    JAM76JAM76 Posts: 14
    Don't blame me for leaving! Hahahahahahha!

I blame YOU for everything! :)

To stay on topic, I can't wait for the next tour to meet more PJ fans.
    www.myspace.com/jennifah76
  • Options
    teskeinc wrote:
    Where is the single girl meet-up for the Who Vh1 show? I'll be trying to lure someone back to my 2.5* hotel with the promise of some brownies and a Mike's Hard Lemonade!

do you drive an old van with the back windows blacked out with a sac of luring candy on the passenger seat too? :D
  • Options
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    you're simply on the wrong side of the nation. come out west next time pearl jam is here. it won't be the same experience...
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    teskeinc wrote:
    is that where the pre-show drinkfest will be for the rock honors? :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    you're simply on the wrong side of the nation. come out west next time pearl jam is here. it won't be the same experience...

here we go.................
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    is that where the pre-show drinkfest will be for the rock honors? :D
    yeah I'll be parked down be Venice Beach, come on down, but remember , if this van's a rockin', don't bother knockin'
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    teskeinc wrote:
    yeah I'll be parked down be Venice Beach, come on down, but remember , if this van's a rockin', don't bother knockin'

of COURSE you'll be at venice beach! hahaha oh but dont worry, i wont show up. You want 'hott chicks' and im NOT hott!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!