JET is a better band than Pearl Jam.

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Oh goodness me, are you seriously doubting Michael Stipe's vocal prowess?! For a start he doesn't have a whiney nasal tone, and he can sing live. Their songs are less about wonder walls and champagne supernovas, and more about real emotions and stuff.

Boring music. I like a handful of songs by them but I wouldnt even put those amongst my favorite songs ever. I cant even listen to their best of without getting bored.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I dislike the fact that they think they're the second Beatles based on a very average collection of songs. If they weren't so damned arrogant about it, they'd just be another band I never took the time to notice.

The Beatles were the Oasis of the 60's.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:

LOL
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• fanch75 wrote:

Maybe so - but they were also a hell of a lot more. Oasis are pretty much one-trick ponies, and the trick was old by 1997.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    fanch75 wrote:
    Oasis are bloody fookin awesome.

Have you gone daft wee laddie??? :confused: ....Oasis are shite wankers at best!!! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Boring music. I like a handful of songs by them but I wouldnt even put those amongst my favorite songs ever. I cant even listen to their best of without getting bored.

Ah, who am I trying to convince, the rest of the world agrees with me anyhow :P
  • Ah, who am I trying to convince, the rest of the world agrees with me anyhow :P

Hehe. Well said. :D
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    Ah, who am I trying to convince, the rest of the world agrees with me anyhow :P

Basically all my friends find them boring as well
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Basically all my friends find them boring as well

Oasis?
    Them being boring might also be a factor into their cds being found in high quantities at used cd stores.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Oasis?

REM
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• oo Jet and Oasis, nice

better than pj? not for me

on to more important stuff, zima?

so I didn't know what it was, went to the site, I don't get the joke.
    Them being boring might also be a factor into their cds being found in high quantities at used cd stores.

Same goes for Oasis over here mate.....
    Same goes for Oasis over here mate.....

Where out of curiosity? Here I can never find an Oasis record besides Be Here Now.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Where out of curiosity? Here I can never find an Oasis record besides Be Here Now.

That's because Oasis never made it big in America, as opposed to REM who are huge internationally! I live in the UK......
    That's because Oasis never made it big in America, as opposed to REM who are huge internationally! I live in the UK......

Are you kidding? Oasis were huge for a few years. I was only like 10 years old when I bought WTSMG. At that age, I basically just bought whatever the most popular rock music was that sounded good. Have you ever seen their sales?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Are you kidding? Oasis were huge for a few years. I was only like 10 years old when I bought WTSMG. At that age, I basically just bought whatever the most popular rock music was that sounded good. Have you ever seen their sales?

Yeah I've seen them. Huge while they were flavour of the month.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

when i was 10, i bought journey's escape and i thought it was the best album ever.....then i grew up....;) :)
  • cutback wrote:
    when i was 10, i bought journey's escape and i thought it was the best album ever.....then i grew up....;) :)

And posted on here about how great Journey are, right?:p

Ah, Journey. If there's a better party song double-whammy than Don't Stop Believin' and Anyway You Want It, I've yet to find it.
    cutback wrote:

I had great taste as a kid, most of what I bought then are still my favorite bands......Weezer, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis

By the way, Journey is a guilty pleasure of mine. You cannot deny the great musicianship and catchy songs.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I had great taste as a kid, most of what I bought then are still my favorite bands......Weezer, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis

By the way, Journey is a guilty pleasure of mine. You cannot deny the great musicianship and catchy songs.

i'm giving ya shit....i can't stand oasis but if dig them, great....and you were born at a good time to start listening to music....:)

and i can't help it but i still love journey...:eek: :D
    cutback wrote:
    i'm giving ya shit....i can't stand oasis but if dig them, great....and you were born at a good time to start listening to music....:)

and i can't help it but i still love journey...:eek: :D

Definitely a great time for music, I feel quite sorry teens and pre teens right now
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120

where in the hell were you in 1996? Whats the story morning Glory was fuckin HUGE over here!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Definitely a great time for music, I feel quite sorry teens and pre teens right now
    I think Music is still alive and kickin!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    TheGossman wrote:
    where in the hell were you in 1996? Whats the story morning Glory was fuckin HUGE over here!

Which is why I said "when they were flavour of the month" i.e. when that record came out.
  • Fist of all...one of the best intros to a thread I've ever seen...Second...the persons from cincy...so he has to be cool!!! Third, Jet Rocks...Fourth...pissing people off is fun : )
    I agree..
    Now we got a fuckin fight up here,what there's a republican in the audience,what's going on? Eddie(Randell's Island N.Y 96)
  • was this thread a joke? I'm late to theparty but I do know that Jet is fucking terrible. They are a watered down Black Crowes, who are a watered down versions of the Stones.

Bland shit. Easily worst of the retro rock craze ( much of which i like).
  • Lol
    En mi vida,
    el oscuro me mantiene
    cuando yo te vi
    en la lluvia me prometiste tu sangre

Estrella de la mañana
    Samael te persigo a ti
    y si me quedo sin alas
    ademas me muero por ti
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I'm listening to The Black Keys' "Attack & Release" opus and they remind me a bit of JET. Then I remembered how awesome JET are and that they are a far better band than Pearl Jam.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    well, well, well.........

back to the brainwashing chamber for you.........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........