Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    where do you get your password at? it's not in my email...
    no idea..din get an email meself..maybe that musictoday link has more info
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    no idea..din get an email meself..maybe that musictoday link has more info

ill have to fiddle around. there's a show in indianapolis which provides a good excuse to go visit my gf at purdue. she loves oasis too. a great concert and a weekend shacked up in a hotel with the woman of my dreams? im drooling already...
    ill have to fiddle around. there's a show in indianapolis which provides a good excuse to go visit my gf at purdue. she loves oasis too. a great concert and a weekend shacked up in a hotel with the woman of my dreams? im drooling already...
    great stuff hah
    hope u get great tickets and have a good one :)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • I've just realised this...I didn't really like Mucky Fingers at first but now I reckon it probably tops the album for me.
    Wave came crashing...
    6 months gone...Part of the Queue is still my favorite

YNWA
    Noel confirmed Oasis's next single will be The Boy With The Blues, a song penned by brother Liam.But fans will have to wait until May to get their hands on it.

He said: "We're going to try to do a one-off single, which is a track that was left over from these album sessions.

"If it doesn't get put out now, it probably won't go on the next one, but it's a great song."

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Noel confirmed Oasis's next single will be The Boy With The Blues, a song penned by brother Liam.But fans will have to wait until May to get their hands on it.

He said: "We're going to try to do a one-off single, which is a track that was left over from these album sessions.

"If it doesn't get put out now, it probably won't go on the next one, but it's a great song."

AWESOME...can't wait axl...although Liam certainly can't write as well as Noel.
    Personally I like Liam the best though, he is just so cool when up on stage.
    Wave came crashing...
    AWESOME...can't wait axl...although Liam certainly can't write as well as Noel.
    Personally I like Liam the best though, he is just so cool when up on stage.
    Liam has definitely improved..the songs he wrote on DBTT were great.
    i dont like Gem's songs..all the b-sides he's done so far been shit awful lol.
    yeh..gotta love Liam.hes so fucking rock n roll.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Liam has definitely improved..the songs he wrote on DBTT were great.
    i dont like Gem's songs..all the b-sides he's done so far been shit awful lol.
    yeh..gotta love Liam.hes so fucking rock n roll.

Fucken oath...you've summed Liam up beautifully .."He's so fucking rock n roll"
    Wave came crashing...
    Oasis create uproar with Roy Keane tribute

Rockers Oasis created uproar in Glasgow last night when they dedicated a song to Irish footballer Roy Keane, who has just signed for Celtic.

Liam Gallagher taunted the Rangers fans in attendance before singing 'Bring It Down', saying: "This one's for Roy Keane".

Both Noel and Liam Gallagher are Manchester City fans and would never have dedicated a song to the football star while he was playing with Manchester United.

The dedication sparked jeers from the Rangers fans in the audience, with many of them throwing plastic beer glasses in the direction of the stage.

Liam Gallagher responded by saying: "You can take it, you're grown up, aren't you?"

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Oasis create uproar with Roy Keane tribute

Rockers Oasis created uproar in Glasgow last night when they dedicated a song to Irish footballer Roy Keane, who has just signed for Celtic.

Liam Gallagher taunted the Rangers fans in attendance before singing 'Bring It Down', saying: "This one's for Roy Keane".

Both Noel and Liam Gallagher are Manchester City fans and would never have dedicated a song to the football star while he was playing with Manchester United.

The dedication sparked jeers from the Rangers fans in the audience, with many of them throwing plastic beer glasses in the direction of the stage.

Liam Gallagher responded by saying: "You can take it, you're grown up, aren't you?"

LOL...brilliant
    Wave came crashing...
    been awhile since we have heard updates or news aboot the album
    looks like "Keep the Dream Alive" will the be the next single released before their new EP and second b-sides compilation.

YNWA
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    looks like "Keep the Dream Alive" will the be the next single released before their new EP and second b-sides compilation.

Hate to break it a fellow Oasis fan but the EP isnt happening and I dont think the B-side Compilation is either. I did hear about KTDA as the next single though. Is this fact yet?
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Hate to break it a fellow Oasis fan but the EP isnt happening and I dont think the B-side Compilation is either. I did hear about KTDA as the next single though. Is this fact yet?
    why are they scrapping the EP...and i don't mind if they dont release another compilation cos i already have them all.

as for KDTA..it was reported on an italian Oasis site.

YNWA
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    They never made the time to go in the studio and record any songs during their month long hiatus from touring
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    damn..that's a shame
    ah well i guess we still have the "Lord Don't Slow Me Down" dvd to look forward to in 2006 :D

YNWA
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I've been listening to a shitload of Oasis lately (as well as Metallica & Kiss). DBTT is a great album and every fan of rock & roll should get it.

I've been digging Standing on the Shoulders of Giants lately. Great!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • fanch75 wrote:
    DBTT is a great album and every fan of rock & roll should get it.
    Fucking eh!

I LOVE DBTT.

My only problem is that it seems a little short.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • The last five songs of this album are fantastic! It ends even better than it begins.
    KC 98, STL 2000, STL 2003, KC 2003, Council Bluffs 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Denver 1 & 2 2006, & Lollapalooza 2007
    Fucking eh!

I LOVE DBTT.

My only problem is that it seems a little short.
    yeh i agree..it's too short..and some songs sound incomplete like GGTIA

YNWA
  • Husker Jam wrote:
    The last five songs of this album are fantastic! It ends even better than it begins.
    I agree! The first two songs, Turn up the Sun and Mucky Fingers, are my least favourite songs on the album. It's a shame that DBTT didn't start as well as it ended.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
    AxlUlrich wrote:

that's kinda surprising. they dont play it live (though id have loved to see it as it's my fav track from the new album) and it'd be the first non-gallagher penned single they've ever released wouldnt it?
    that's kinda surprising. they dont play it live (though id have loved to see it as it's my fav track from the new album) and it'd be the first non-gallagher penned single they've ever released wouldnt it?
    Songbird was the first Liam song released as a single.
    looks like the 4th single is not happening as well and im not surprised.
    the EP idea is off as well...kinda gutted cos i was looking forward to some new music

YNWA
    BUMP

In tribute to this incredible album by Oasis which still resonates today, I wanted to bump to make every Oasis fan (and if you're not, you bloody well should be, you fookin wanka) aware of the new DVD "film" release that chronicles the incredible tour that was the Truth tour.

Pearl Jam got this idea (ie Picture in a Frame) from Oasis, obviously. Bloody fookin' wankas. Some thing for the Beatles; they were the Oasis of the 1960's.

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=news&idx=752

'Lord Don't Slow Me Down'
    13 August 2007

On 29th October Oasis release a brand new DVD film.

What happens when a film maker follows one of the world’s biggest bands on a year long world tour? What happens when the film maker is granted unique access to that band, is present for the ups and downs, the moments of greatness and the periods of the same interview in 10 different languages in as many days? What happens when that band is Oasis, travelling across 26 countries on their biggest world tour to date playing to a total of over 2 million people?

The answer is ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, a double DVD set that not only gives you the definitive feature length documentary seen in selected cinemas last year, but also the option of voice over commentaries from the band, a Noel Gallagher Q & A session with fans from New York City, out takes from the film, and a second 90 minute bonus disc capturing the band’s homecoming show at the City of Manchester Stadium together with footage sent in by fans from around the world who attended that show. If you wanted to know what the members of Oasis make of their lives on tour and their audience, then the answers are on these two discs.

Directed by Baillie Walsh who has previously worked with Massive Attack (he made ‘Safe From Harm’), Spiritualised, New Order and Kylie’s Slow, and is now working on a film with Daniel Craig, this DVD set is a compendium of Oasis entertainment par excellence.

‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ contents:

Disc One:
    • Feature length documentary tour film ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ in stereo and surround sound.
    • Bonus audio commentary – Noel, Liam, Andy and Gem guide you through the film with their recollections of the tour.
    • A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with fans runs alongside out-takes from the film.

Bonus Disc:
    • Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2nd July 2005 – sixteen classic tracks shot in HD with stereo and surround sound.
    • Disc 2 also features unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert.
    Starfucker wrote:
    Lyla is a blatant ripoff of "street Fighting Man".

You're a bloody wanka. Street Fighting Man is a ripoff of Lyla. Go fookin' listen to the band "Take That" or something.
    fanch75 wrote:
    BUMP

In tribute to this incredible album by Oasis which still resonates today, I wanted to bump to make every Oasis fan (and if you're not, you bloody well should be, you fookin wanka) aware of the new DVD "film" release that chronicles the incredible tour that was the Truth tour.

Pearl Jam got this idea (ie Picture in a Frame) from Oasis, obviously. Bloody fookin' wankas. Some thing for the Beatles; they were the Oasis of the 1960's.

http://www.oasisinet.com/site.php?site=news&idx=752

'Lord Don't Slow Me Down'
    13 August 2007

On 29th October Oasis release a brand new DVD film.

What happens when a film maker follows one of the world’s biggest bands on a year long world tour? What happens when the film maker is granted unique access to that band, is present for the ups and downs, the moments of greatness and the periods of the same interview in 10 different languages in as many days? What happens when that band is Oasis, travelling across 26 countries on their biggest world tour to date playing to a total of over 2 million people?

The answer is ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, a double DVD set that not only gives you the definitive feature length documentary seen in selected cinemas last year, but also the option of voice over commentaries from the band, a Noel Gallagher Q & A session with fans from New York City, out takes from the film, and a second 90 minute bonus disc capturing the band’s homecoming show at the City of Manchester Stadium together with footage sent in by fans from around the world who attended that show. If you wanted to know what the members of Oasis make of their lives on tour and their audience, then the answers are on these two discs.

Directed by Baillie Walsh who has previously worked with Massive Attack (he made ‘Safe From Harm’), Spiritualised, New Order and Kylie’s Slow, and is now working on a film with Daniel Craig, this DVD set is a compendium of Oasis entertainment par excellence.

‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ contents:

Disc One:
    • Feature length documentary tour film ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ in stereo and surround sound.
    • Bonus audio commentary – Noel, Liam, Andy and Gem guide you through the film with their recollections of the tour.
    • A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with fans runs alongside out-takes from the film.

Bonus Disc:
    • Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2nd July 2005 – sixteen classic tracks shot in HD with stereo and surround sound.
    • Disc 2 also features unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert.

if i dont get this or xmas, im buying it myself.

i need to see them live again or get a new album. they've been tainted becos of the bitch i saw them in concert with.
    I hope the commentary audio track has subtitles, so that i can understand what they are saying.

Can you imagine what the commentary tracks are like? lol. Listening to Noel & Liam bitching for two full CD's is going to be awesome. I hope they call somebody a bloody fookin wanka somewhere on there. Pretty likely, if you axe me.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    This is a great film. I haven't watched with commentary yet, I should get on that.
    If Liam or Noel make any references to "wankas" or "sheilas," be sure to come back here and post about it (especially if there are comments about "bloody fookin' wankas").
    fanch75 wrote:
    If Liam or Noel make any references to "wankas" or "sheilas," be sure to come back here and post about it (especially if there are comments about "bloody fookin' wankas").

i will be sure to look for it meself when i get the dvd.