Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I should by all rights be packed full of "Pearl Jam Karma" by now - I just got done listening to all the studio albums + Lost Dogs in chronological order...

:D I REALLY want these.

I'm thinking about cleaning up litter on the side of the road tomorrow morning before I log in :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    I'm thinking about cleaning up litter on the side of the road tomorrow morning before I log in :D

Couldn't hurt, eh? :)

Maybe I'll go help little old ladies across the street tomorrow.
    I volunteered at the hospital today, but I think the karma knows that it was for my Med School application than anything. :P
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    I would give my soul, my left nut, everything I own, and my virginity to Margaret Thatcher for one ticket to this show.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    I went into downtown Chi today to get some tattoo work done and met up with AvocadoLady afterwards for dinner and frosting :D

Over dinner we decided we'd do some reconnaissance at the Vic.

Hoooooly F***balls! The first floor of the place is so tiny it makes the Showbox look big. They were having "Brews & Views" night and when the lights went up it was sooo beautiful. Old fashioned style concert hall with gilded walls and an enormous stadium seating balcony. There literally isn't a bad seat in the place.

Lots of pizza & restaurants nearby (karaoke too), a Walgreens and bank across the streets and a liquor store caddycorner to it. Parking will be a bitch.

Seeing it though..so small and intense. Low lighting, intimate atmosphere. Graded levels for great views of the low stage all around. The guys will be able to get a good look at almost every single person's face. Wow.

I've been to a crapload of PJ concerts and all I can say after seeing this venue in person is.. wow.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    DarkStar wrote:
    i hope not to see this tomorrow...it's up as of this posting:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache Server at secure.pearljam.com Port 443

knock on wood... that's what I'm most worried about
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    knock on wood... that's what I'm most worried about

then it's the scramble free for all of random luck :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Rules:
    * This is NOT an all-ages event. You AND your guest must be 18 years of age to attend. IDs will be checked at the door.

You can only go if you're 18? that's harsh.:p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Dont do this Foxy..you are making the butterflies in my stomach go faster! Ouch....

Foxy Mop wrote:
    I went into downtown Chi today to get some tattoo work done and met up with AvocadoLady afterwards for dinner and frosting :D

Over dinner we decided we'd do some reconnaissance at the Vic.

Hoooooly F***balls! The first floor of the place is so tiny it makes the Showbox look big. They were having "Brews & Views" night and when the lights went up it was sooo beautiful. Old fashioned style concert hall with gilded walls and an enormous stadium seating balcony. There literally isn't a bad seat in the place.

Lots of pizza & restaurants nearby (karaoke too), a Walgreens and bank across the streets and a liquor store caddycorner to it. Parking will be a bitch.

Seeing it though..so small and intense. Low lighting, intimate atmosphere. Graded levels for great views of the low stage all around. The guys will be able to get a good look at almost every single person's face. Wow.

I've been to a crapload of PJ concerts and all I can say after seeing this venue in person is.. wow.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    Yes tomorrow is without a doubt the hardest part. I really hope anyone who KNOWS they can't go or even might have a conflict does not try to get tickets. Leave tickets for those that KNOW they can go.

I hope so, too! Krisdababe and I will be there early Thursday morning. Initially, it was to enjoy Chicago for a few days before Lolla but now......
    Lolla was gonna be my first show ever and now, for this to be announced and quite possibly be my first show, I am too excited to sleep. For fucks sake, its 5 in the morning! Keep your fingers crossed, Krista!!!!!!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Good morning everyone, did we all sleep well?

I'm once again a nervous wreck. lol
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

:o me too! Tuesday night I dreamed I was trying to get them and failed... last night I know I dreamed about it again but can't remember :eek:

I'm also a nervous wreck :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I had wonderful dreams last night so I'm sure most of you will succeed ;). Don't be nervous, just order 'your' tickets :D.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    Mirella wrote:
    I had wonderful dreams last night so I'm sure most of you will succeed ;). Don't be nervous, just order 'your' tickets :D.

groetjes,
    :o I've never done it before though... :eek: My stomach's in knots already. What will I be like in the internet cafe later?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :o I've never done it before though... :eek: My stomach's in knots already. What will I be like in the internet cafe later?

It would be great to finally meet you at this show and on my birthday. :D

best of luck to you. :)
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    I wish you all luck tonight/today. I probably wont be home at the time, but youll all be too busy anyways. So when I get back this evening, Im expecting some good news :) I know it will happen for you, friends.
    Helen, hang in there, make sure the comps at the caffe are fast and good ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Morning y'all. I don't think I will be getting much work done today!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I haven't slept yet :D
    NERDS!
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Flagg wrote:
    Morning y'all. I don't think I will be getting much work done today!
    You are not alone. I already have my lucky Gorge shirt on and my pair of Sweet Lew Nikes. My trigger finger's twitching already. Good luck all!!!

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Well said my Chicago Cubs friend. :D

2 games back!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc wrote:
    2 games back!!!

Right now I don't give a rats ass. :D lol
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

Absolutely a nervous wreck. I doubt I'll be able to concentrate at work.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242

make sure you have a credit card as a back up, in case your own does not work (for whatever stupid reason). And order with your brain, not the stomach ;).

groetjes,
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    aren't the tickets supposed to be available right now? How come they're not?

wait...is 11am PDT equal to 2pm EDT or 8am EDT?

EDIT: nevermind. it's 2pm EDT
    "Music could provide the light you cannot resist" -R.E.M., "I'm Gonna DJ"

"My relationship with the band began as a love affair on the phone with Jeff." -Eddie Vedder, Rolling Stone, 10/28/93
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I remember waiting for the Letterman Tix. When I got them I literally jumped up and down in my office. It was an exciting day. Good luck to all you people trying to get them.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    It would be great to finally meet you at this show and on my birthday. :D

best of luck to you. :)
    And you too :) we'll definitely celebrate your birthday in good style.

Sid, I've used this place before... they're pretty fast.

Mirella, thanks, I don't have a CC, I use prepaid voucher things (same as a cc really but they usually always work :o ). Well I've ordered stuff from PJ.com before with no problem
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Greetings to all from the ATL. Trigger finger poised on mouse. Don't know if I'm flying, driving, going solo or what, but if I get tix, I'm in!

Good luck to all.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    And you too :) we'll definitely celebrate your birthday in good style.

Sid, I've used this place before... they're pretty fast.

Mirella, thanks, I don't have a CC, I use prepaid voucher things (same as a cc really but they usually always work :o ). Well I've ordered stuff from PJ.com before with no problem
    you're bank too scared to give you a CC? ;)
    I got my first 1 to go to Ireland funilly enough..when I was 16.. :p

Helen, let us know ASAP if you succeed or fail..we need to pool.. (I partnered with Emily so we can hit our 30 at Lolla together..would have been this one if Venice had happened)

I don't have an email or MSN for you though. .in case I find a quick way in ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone know whether the link to purchase will be on the main "goods section" page or if it will be under the "tickets" link?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    going to be crazy day - need tickets, then airfare, hotel, cubs tickets, lolla tickets..........

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Does anyone know whether the link to purchase will be on the main "goods section" page or if it will be under the "tickets" link?

I e-mailed them. It's under "tickets"
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
This discussion has been closed.