Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    So, I've never bought tickets from the goods section before. After you click the "BUY" icon - does it right away reserve you tickets for, like, a 5 minute period or something?

Or are there more screens to quickly get through?

In other words, what's the general protocol?

Thanks a bunch!!! :D
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Is anyone else just a waste of space at work right now?

All day I have been thinking about tomorrow. I couldn't even eat my lunch I'm so nervous.
  • Options
    All day I have been thinking about tomorrow. I couldn't even eat my lunch I'm so nervous.

I'm not nervous about getting tickets but I am worried about getting the time off from work. Screw it......I have plenty of sick time.....I'll be in the doghouse at work for a while but I'm damn sure it will be worth it!
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    i wish they would have posted this and sold tix the night before!
    one love

respect
  • Options
    I'm not nervous about getting tickets but I am worried about getting the time off from work. Screw it......I have plenty of sick time.....I'll be in the doghouse at work for a while but I'm damn sure it will be worth it!

I got the ok from my boss this morning to go :D

He looked at me and said, ''Patrick you have to go cause I'll never hear the end of it if I don't let you''. hehe

I'm usually not nervous but for this show I am a wreck. lol
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    i found that it's better to sleep the day away than to think about tomorrow. LOL...i'm so anxious. this is worse than NPJAA.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Sorry to bring this up again, but maybe it got lost on the last page....

So, I've never bought tickets from the goods section before. After you click the "BUY" icon - does it right away reserve you tickets for, like, a 5 minute period or something?

Thanks a bunch!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    you guys need to relax... seriously :rolleyes:
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    I got the ok from my boss this morning to go :D

He looked at me and said, ''Patrick you have to go cause I'll never hear the end of it if I don't let you''. hehe

I'm usually not nervous but for this show I am a wreck. lol

hilarious :D

and i am a total wreck as well...
    i'd like to just go to sleep now.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Sorry to bring this up again, but maybe it got lost on the last page....

Thanks a bunch!!!
    same as buying anything else. same number of steps.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Okay, I'd much rather NOT try and read 46 pages right now so I have to ask:

WHAT IS THE SHOW TIME???!!!!

With all this "ask your boss for the day off" crap, is it a day time show? If it is evening, when does it start at? I have to know the time so I can plan on leaving early, etc. if need be.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    So they don't reserve one for you right away like Ticketmaster does? Then, you have like 5 minutes to pay for them, and then tell them where to be shipped (although that latter step won't apply here).

That could make all the difference. Because if it takes me longer than a bunch of other people to type in my credit card information - then I'm screwed if they aren't held for the 5 minute period.
  • Options
    given2fallgiven2fall Posts: 98
    Oh man oh man oh man! What do I do? I've already got the road trip all worked out, but now if I want to go to this I've got to ditch my friends on the ride up. Plus I have to get an extra day off work (I'm going to have to cancel my summer camping trip). Plus I have to get off work early tommorrow to buy the tix. But I can't even imagine seeing PJ in a 1400 capacity venue. I hope my friends and my boss let me do this.

"It was Luke's fault" (Ed after stumbling on Soon Forget at Kitchener '05)
  • Options
    RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    I have to see if my wife will let me change our travel plans! This is one I don't want to miss. I'd rather go to this than Lolla...
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    So they don't reserve one for you right away like Ticketmaster does? Then, you have like 5 minutes to pay for them, and then tell them where to be shipped (although that latter step won't apply here).

That could make all the difference. Because if it takes me longer than a bunch of other people to type in my credit card information - then I'm screwed if they aren't held for the 5 minute period.
    the problem isn't the time it takes to type in your CC details, it's the time it takes for each page to load when the server is under stress!
    I have shivers thinking about those excruciating waits for the next page to load..and timing out! during the London sell..and even last year for the Euro shows.

I've now taken steps to try to minimise that risk (sorry, not telling)..
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    You shoudl work that out before trying to buy tickets. Like Tim said in the first post in this thread, don't buy tickets if you might not be able to go because it just screws over everyone else who CAN definitely go and want tickets tomorrow.

I can definitely go. :D
  • Options
    given2fallgiven2fall Posts: 98
    BeerBaron wrote:
    You shoudl work that out before trying to buy tickets. Like Tim said in the first post in this thread, don't buy tickets if you might not be able to go because it just screws over everyone else who CAN definitely go and want tickets tomorrow.
    Yeah, I know - I JUST got off the phone with the friend I'm going with, and she said for me to go for it, it's cool. As for work, I'll have to ask my boss tomorrow (a) If I can take a half day tomorrow, and (b) If I can switch my vacation yet again.

"It was Luke's fault" (Ed after stumbling on Soon Forget at Kitchener '05)
  • Options
    But has anybody gotten any word on whether there's going to be a poster for this bad boy or not?

I'm not sure I want to know, because that would be extra icing on the cake that would be thrown in my face if I DON'T get these tickets...
  • Options
    As any Grateful Dead fan would say ''I NEED A MIRACLE'' :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yKAnR4RJ8g

Not the dead but you get the idea of the song. hehe
  • Options
    JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    Does anyone know which is the best airport to land in if you need to take public transportation to the venue?
  • Options
    As any Grateful Dead fan would say ''I NEED A MIRACLE'' :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yKAnR4RJ8g

Not the dead but you get the idea of the song. hehe

Hey, I believe in miracles!
  • Options
    JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    Are we required to bring the actual credit card that will be used to purchase tickets to the Vic box office?
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    There's not any way of storing credit card info in our 10c profile is there?
  • Options
    I got an e-mail saying that once the tickets are in our "cart" - then we will be assured that they are ours for a limited amount of time while we pay for them. They didn't tell me how long, though.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i love watching the newbs freak out and squirm for these sales

good times :D
  • Options
    Well, I would never be so nervous, but something tells me that since it's a 10club only show - that it might be the best Pearl Jam concert I'll ever get to see!
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    Well, I would never be so nervous, but something tells me that since it's a 10club only show - that it might be the best Pearl Jam concert I'll ever get to see!

It WILL be the best concert.....I saw them at the Ten Club only show at The Regal Theater here in Chicago in 1994....third row....BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. But I think I've said that on here before.....lol.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    Yeah, and there may be more 10club only shows in the future, of course. But this is probably as close as they'll be to Wisconsin with one! :D
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    my2hands wrote:
    i love watching the newbs freak out and squirm for these sales

good times :D

Us old-timers are freaking as well! :D
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    SwiftySwifty Posts: 21
    How does this work because I will be at work while a buddy buys the tickets for me....do i have to be logged in to the ten club? How do you do that...i dont see any log in information in the shopping part of the website. What are the chances that I actually get a ticket?????

Help please.
This discussion has been closed.