Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited March 2009 in The Porch
An exciting, rare show opportunity awaits you!

As you already know, Pearl Jam will be headlining the Lollapalooza Festival on August 5th. In preparation for the big Lolla event, they have decided to perform a smaller show on August 2nd at the legendary Vic Theatre in Chicago!

We are inviting you all to this special pre-Lollapalooza performance, but the Vic is an intimate little joint and therefore, we have a limited number of tickets to sell. However, we are offering the opportunity for you to purchase a pair of tickets for $150 USD plus applicable fees. No single tickets will be available. Tickets will be first come/first served. These tickets will be general admission, with no early entry. This show is 18 and over.

The ticket sale will begin on Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 11am PDT. To purchase these tickets, please visit the web-store at http://www.pearljam.com/goods. The pre-sale will end July 28th at 5pm PDT or while supplies last. We expect the tickets to sell out, so please understand that “SOLD OUT” means sold out.

Before you purchase these tickets, please make sure you are able to attend ... Check with your boss to make sure you have the time off, check your bank account to make sure you have the funds necessary for travel expenses, etc. As a rule of thumb, if you purchase, you are expected to attend.

Rules:
* This is NOT an all-ages event. You AND your guest must be 18 years of age to attend. IDs will be checked at the door.
* You must be an active member as of Friday, July 20, 2007.
* All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges. No transfers. No way!

Instructions:
1) TO PURCHASE, go to http://www.pearljam.com/goods and click on “Chicago Tickets”. Purchasing a quantity of “1” means you are purchasing a PAIR (2) of tickets. No single tickets will be available. Please make sure the billing address is accurate for the credit card you will be using. Visa and MasterCard are the only accepted forms of payment.

2) WAIT ... We will notify you via email with an additional confirmation once the pre-sale has ended. This confirmation will contain more information about how to receive your tickets. You can view the successful ticket order in your Ten Club Profile, by logging into your Ten Club account, click on “PROFILE” – your order history can be viewed in this screen.

3) KEEP WAITING … Ten Club tickets WILL NOT be mailed to you in advance of the show, but must be collected at the box office on the day of the performance. You must be present and show an official form of photo identification to collect the tickets. In lieu of hard tickets, you and your guest will be wristband-ed at the box office, so both parties must be present. Bear with us … this is to help prevent scalping!

Again, please understand we have a limited amount of tickets, but we would like to give every member this wonderful opportunity regardless of location or seniority! Give love!

Questions can be directed to tickets@tenclub.net, or by calling toll free 1-800-724-8038.

Good luck to you all!

~10c staff

This is a private event. No public ticket sale is scheduled.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Oh My God.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Boy I wish I lived in the midwest right about now.
    Good luck to everyone at getting tix.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA nevermind
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Well, had I spent a lot of money for airfare departing on Friday I would be massively pissed off. I am beginning to think PJ has a deal with airlines to split up the change of flight difference.

On the other hand, this could be what finally tips me over towards going to Lolla :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    oh c'mon.....make it worse that i can't go why dontcha....:mad:....have fun everyone!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    Lizardking wrote:
    Kinda strange the Les Turner Foundation is having something at place same day?
    Thats 8-5, PJ is 8-2.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    sweet!!!!
    i knew it would happen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    that is where Wilco's "Kicking Television" live cd was recorded

why does it have to be a weekday?!!

also sucks for ppl that have to change flight plans this late...lots of $$ gonna be lost in fees
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Wow playing on my birthday. Hmmmmmm

That would be a nice b-day gift, makes me wanna quit my job. LOL
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    See You There
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    Hers is Q: Will there be a regular public tix sale?
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,242
    hard to type, my hands are shaking so bad.......Im there!!!
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Posts: 182
    dayum, wish i could make it. Chicago people are lucky.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Lucky guys who can make it. How big is this place?
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    ChicagoneChicagone Posts: 184
    This is going to be one night to remember. The Vic theatre rocks! What a great venue to see the greatest band rip it up before Lollapalooza. I can't wait!! Who's with me on this one? All you east coasters better get here for this show, no excuses!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    FUCK LOLLA I'd rather see PJ on my birthday. Don't think this will happen again.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    holy crap. i neeeeeeed to go to this show!!!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    yorkieyorkie Posts: 32
    Oh you lucky souls!!! enjoy :D
    Wembley 96 ~ Dublin 00 ~ Manchester 00 ~ Leeds 06 ~ Wembley 07 ~ Manchester 09 oh yes!
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Yay!
    Just me
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    damn damn damn

not getting to chit town until the 3rd
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    FUCK!

i am dying here. oh man....
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    1400 capacity. It's a great, great little venue just a few blocks from my house.

Man, good luck to everyone trying for tickets!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Holy shit does this kick ass! The vic is a wonderful place! I'll be there even if I have to kill a man to do it!
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Hey Rubysdad,

What time can we start lining up to get wristbands? :)

hmm... i posted before I leaped.
    2) WAIT ... We will notify you via email with an additional confirmation once the pre-sale has ended. This confirmation will contain more information about how to receive your tickets. You can view the successful ticket order in your Ten Club Profile, by logging into your Ten Club account, click on “PROFILE” – your order history can be viewed in this screen.

But I still wanna know how early! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Dammit. I was resigned to not seeing them again in 2007. Now I'm gonna get all excited and try to get tickets and I probably won't but if I do I'll have to get plane tickets and my husband will kill me... damn damn damn.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Me too!!!! The Vic website says they can accomodate 1400 people with seating for 1000.

Thanks for the text Laura.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Why do they even bother ending the pre-sale two days later? You know tix will be gone in minutes.
  • Options
    A warm up show? For just ONE festival outing?

Could this be a tour?

I know i should not be thinking that.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)