Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    I feel exactly the same way! I wish I could Hibernate like a bear till it was time to get tix, then hibernate again till showtime!
    LMAO......hahahaha....dont do that what if you didnt wake up :D
    I have officially cancelled every appt I had for Thurs......will prollly be up to my 20th cup of black coffee by 2:00...
    BTW......please change your flight earlier.....Continental has flights leaving Newark every hour thurs..... 8:30 is too scary!!!
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    stalking was a joke

"hanging around " is a better word

if it was me it would be "loitering"

Hanging around....I like that!!!!:D
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Hanging around....I like that!!!!:D

for 10 hours ;) lol
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    stalking was a joke

"hanging around " is a better word

if it was me it would be "loitering"

I was definitely given special treatment that night, when all others were asked to leave, but I will argue that it was my non-threatening vibe, good manners, and smooth talking :) Either way, I guess I did make it happen! :D
  • Options
    LMAO......hahahaha....dont do that what if you didnt wake up :D
    I have officially cancelled every appt I had for Thurs......will prollly be up to my 20th cup of black coffee by 2:00...
    BTW......please change your flight earlier.....Continental has flights leaving Newark every hour thurs..... 8:30 is too scary!!!

Don't worry, I am taking a half day at work, and getting to the airport early. There are flights to Chicago on Delta every hour from about 2pm on also, and its only $25 to switch my ticket if there are open seats! I'll make it!
  • Options
    I was definitely given special treatment that night, when all others were asked to leave, but I will argue that it was my non-threatening vibe, good manners, and smooth talking :) Either way, I guess I did make it happen! :D

i can sum it up with 3 words ur a girl :)
  • Options

Hey...I read your blog that night.....that was serious dedication on your part!!!
    Kudos to you!!!!
    It was meant to be ;)
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I'm going to try to get tickets on Thursday. What a treat! I'm sure I'll be able to find someone to buy the other ticket closer to the show. I wonder what airfare is like, and hotel etc. What hotels are near the Vic? Anyone know?

It will probably be hotter than hell, eh?

Decent hotels in the vicinity are outrageously priced. There are a number of cheap flophouse quality places in the area. you won't find those on sites like Orbitz or Expedia but if you google hotels and wrigley field you will find some
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i can sum it up with 3 words ur a girl :)

Jealous :p
  • Options
    Don't worry, I am taking a half day at work, and getting to the airport early. There are flights to Chicago on Delta every hour from about 2pm on also, and its only $25 to switch my ticket if there are open seats! I'll make it!

K...... I was actually nervous for you!!!!
  • Options
    What (eastern) time do the tickets go on sale? and it says that the mailing address should match the credit card... does the name on the credit card have to match the member name as well?
    10/3/05 --- 5/5/06 (Irving) --- 6/3/06 --- 8/2/07 (The Victoria Theater) ---8/5/07 --- 6/19/08 --- 6/20/08 --- 6/22/08---6/24/08 --- 6/25/08
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • Options
    Jealous :p

haha not at all glad for her

standing around that long,,obviously it was a dream to meet him

i wouls love to meet him also,, but not as much as detroit lol
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    I probably won't sleep Wednesday night for fear of oversleeping and missing it. Hopefully this super high speed net access will score a ticket for me. Gonna hyperventilate for sure at 9am Thursday.
  • Options
    Hey...I read your blog that night.....that was serious dedication on your part!!!
    Kudos to you!!!!
    It was meant to be ;)

Thank you :)
  • Options
    What (eastern) time do the tickets go on sale? and it says that the mailing address should match the credit card... does the name on the credit card have to match the member name as well?
    2:00....name does not have to match member's
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    2PM...generally, no the name doesn't have to match.
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813

2:00 pm eastern time

And no, I'm about 99% positive it doesn't. As long as your billing address and your address on file w/your CC company match up, you'll be set

*edit*

Wheee 3 responses - we're all so helpful! :D More like crazyexcited!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    haha not at all glad for her

standing around that long,,obviously it was a dream to meet him

i wouls love to meet him also,, but not as much as detroit lol

When I want something badly enough, I go after it! My success rate isn't quite 100% but I have to at least try!
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

*edit*

Wheee 3 responses - we're all so helpful! :D More like crazyexcited!

C'mon.....what else ...what else can we talk about ....ask anything... I have to keep my fingers nimble!!!!!
  • Options
    The "generally"and the "99 %" scare me... we have gone through this too many times... its hard enough as it is.... so its essential that the details are flawless. Also, I'm now looking to take the 19 hour greyhound trip from New York... does anybody know if i can salvage my original Friday plane ticket at all. It says non-refundable...but it there anything i can do?
    10/3/05 --- 5/5/06 (Irving) --- 6/3/06 --- 8/2/07 (The Victoria Theater) ---8/5/07 --- 6/19/08 --- 6/20/08 --- 6/22/08---6/24/08 --- 6/25/08
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • Options
    When I want something badly enough, I go after it! My success rate isn't quite 100% but I have to at least try!

god bless if ya dont try ,,ya'll never know
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    C'mon.....what else ...what else can we talk about ....ask anything... I have to keep my fingers nimble!!!!!

Um.. in what year was the Vic built? :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    The "generally"and the "99 %" scare me... we have gone through this too many times... its hard enough as it is.... so its essential that the details are flawless. Also, I'm now looking to take the 19 hour greyhound trip from New York... does anybody know if i can salvage my original Friday plane ticket at all. It says non-refundable...but it there anything i can do?

If the ticket sais non-refundable they'll allow you to use (most airlines) for another trip within a year from the date of purchase, they'll credit you the amount and then you have to pay the difference in the fare and change fee if any.

Just make sure that you have return arrangements from Chi-town to NY because once you dont take the flight out on Friday as scheduled your return is automatically cancelled as well, so dont take the greyhound and then think you can fly on the return as you have it scheduled, because airlines cancel all the remainder of the legs once you dont take the outbound leg.
    (I worked for Northwest Airlines for many years and then for Expedia.com for 6 years, so Ive dealt with the airline industry for a long time)

Good luck you :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Dont know ...but some guy Dennis started in 1998 :p
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Foxy Mop wrote:

The Vic Theatre was designed by architect John E.O. Pridmore as a vaudeville house. Opened in 1912 as the Victoria Theatre, it took three years to complete. The lobby floor and staircases feature Italian marble, and the interior still houses most of the original ornate wall sculptures. The acoustics and sight-lines are amazing. The Vic Theatre is located in the Central Lake View area, an eclectic neighborhood which is home to great restaurants, theater and shopping. The Vic easily accommodates 1400 people with seating for 1000.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your help... are you absolutely certain that i can not fly home... what is their reasoning for canceling both legs?... if i were to not show up to my flight on Friday and incur the entire loss... will my return flight still be canceled? Thanks again
    E.V. 8/1/08 --- 8/4/08
  • Options
    Detroit.....check your PM's :D
  • Options
    Where you at?

Lets all get ready for the VIC... I am heading out that way fo sho now!!!
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • Options
    The Vic Theatre was designed by architect John E.O. Pridmore as a vaudeville house. Opened in 1912 as the Victoria Theatre, it took three years to complete. The lobby floor and staircases feature Italian marble, and the interior still houses most of the original ornate wall sculptures. The acoustics and sight-lines are amazing. The Vic Theatre is located in the Central Lake View area, an eclectic neighborhood which is home to great restaurants, theater and shopping. The Vic easily accommodates 1400 people with seating for 1000.

Nicely done!!!!!
    BTW....RU happy about this one!!!!!!!!
    It's not Alpine but WTF :D
  • Options
    like LOS ANGELES!!!

:)
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
This discussion has been closed.