Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'm supposed to take my kids to Great America on Thursday. Do you think they'd forgive me if we stay home so I can be glued to my computer trying to purchase tickets to this show.... :cool:

Seeing PJ at the Vic would be the best birthday present.....

Bribe them. Simple. Promise to take them on Saturday and spend more on them than you were going to before.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Sawyer wrote:
    i am in disbelief......if someone lands a pair and has an extra i will give you:

a.) $150

b.) My Hawaii Ames

c.) all your drinks for the night.

.....all of those i will provide...please pm.

Did you find a Alpine 03 poster yet?
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Sawyer wrote:
    God..........I'm nervous

wait till 15 min b4 lol then ya'll be nervous !!
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    God..........I'm nervous

I'm going to work in a hr and getting these tickets will be on my mind all day. :D

Yea Im nervous too.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    wait till 15 min b4 lol then ya'll be nervous !!

Ahhhh your so right.
  • Options
    releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    I live approx. 550 miles from Chicago, and I am seriously considering driving up the day before and seeing the show and driving back the next day (if I can score tickets). It would be more than worth it. What do you guys think?
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    releeseme wrote:
    I live approx. 550 miles from Chicago, and I am seriously considering driving up the day before and seeing the show and driving back the next day (if I can score tickets). It would be more than worth it. What do you guys think?

Yes! I've driven further than that for PJ. If you get tickets you shouldn't miss it. (Only reason I can't try is I'm bringing my 13 year old with me to Lolla, and at the Vic no one under 18 is allowed :( )
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    Anyone driving from NYC to the Vic?
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    you think maybe Klausen is drawing up a print for the Vic show?
    cuz what's goin on w/Artillery??
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    you think maybe Klausen is drawing up a print for the Vic show?
    cuz what's goin on w/Artillery??

A poster is the last thing on my mind. I just want to be inside for the show. :D
  • Options
    JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    Like so many others, I am completely bummed that I can't make this. I will be on a family vacation 14 hours (by car) away. Would be nearly impossible to take off as I have kids, etc... so I am praying that this is released as a DVD very soon!

I think it is AMAZING that Pearl Jam are doing this private show for their true fans, and am completely envious of everyone that is lucky enough to go. I hope they do more shows like this in the (near) future, and I am able to get to at least one.

Once again, Pearl Jam comes up huge in my book. This is surely going to frustrate a lot of people who live far away, etc. but at the end of the day, they can't be all places at all times.

For those that are going, ENJOY! This is such an awesome opportunity, and I know you will all have a blast!!

If anyone wants to buy me a shirt at the show, send me a PM and I can talk with you about this. I would love a shirt, and would gladly pay cost plus shipping.
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • Options
    onebigmobonebigmob Posts: 1
    Makes me nostalgic for the days when they were battling Ticketmaster. Do they really need to charge that much for a pair of tickets? I guess I'm cheap.
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    Couldn't sleep last night; how am I ever gonna sleep tonight?
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    onebigmob wrote:
    Makes me nostalgic for the days when they were battling Ticketmaster. Do they really need to charge that much for a pair of tickets? I guess I'm cheap.

Wish it was $500 - make the competition less!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I woke up in a good moooood with the exciting news Mel told me last night.

But now I'm nervous...like everyone else!! :D

I didn't realize that only about 500 people would be able to buy the tickets! Oy vey!

We would be already there... we will arrive in Chicago about early afternoon after dropping our boys off at the airport in Detroit.

Worse comes to worst, we'll just hang around at the venue hoping for some extra tickets to get in!

If a scalper attempts to charge more than that - WATCH OUT!!!

I've got LONG CLAWS ready to scratch your eye balls (the latter is an option for a male) out!!

*breathes slower*
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    Hinny wrote:
    Oh, this should ALWAYS be the case. I'd win every time!

You sure would...and deserve it too ;)

So, you're coming too Hinny? We need that mullet over there!
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    ok I can't really complain because I'm not able to make it to the Vic, after all I saw the guys four times in one year in Europe, but.... but...

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    I HATE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL :D:D:D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    if i get tickets i am fucking walking the 746 miles!!! :D
  • Options
    piaget77piaget77 Posts: 156
    evenkat wrote:
    Couldn't sleep last night; how am I ever gonna sleep tonight?
    I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!

Same - got no sleep. It's going to be a long night, and a longer day when I'm crying in my cubicle when I can't get tickets.

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    onebigmob wrote:
    This crossed my mind too. I thought "Dayum...thats pretty expensive for a band who fought inflated ticket prices in the past". I hope this doesn't mean they are selling out to the corporation.
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Personally, I hope the band plays nothing but the greatest hits. To fuck with all the haters boo-hooing Lolla. And NOW they wanna fly in on a week's notice for this "special" show. Fuck that. Maybe that's why the late word, to try and include, to a higher degree, the faithful who are coming in already. Just thinking outloud, really. I'll be banging away on the keyboard like the rest of you, but it's funny to see the reaction. And all the "can I PLEASE have your extra" threads. Priceless. This place will be crazy the next week. Enjoy!

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    FUCK!

i am dying here. oh man....

Heyyy chiq!!! Wow, good to see your name! ;)

Come out to Chicago... nothing can't go wrong but good times with your friends!!

You know you wanna.... ;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    If you're going solo maybe we can split a pair of tix and go together.

Send me a PM if you're interested.
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Ott wrote:
    Personally, I hope the band plays nothing but the greatest hits. To fuck with all the haters boo-hooing Lolla. And NOW they wanna fly in on a week's notice for this "special" show. Fuck that. Maybe that's why the late word, to try and include, to a higher degree, the faithful who are coming in already. Just thinking outloud, really. I'll be banging away on the keyboard like the rest of you, but it's funny to see the reaction. And all the "can I PLEASE have your extra" threads. Priceless. This place will be crazy the next week. Enjoy!

Ott
    It is kinda amusing, since nobody has the tix yet and we dont even know who is getting them or not. but I feel for them. id be the same if i was in that boat.
    Not everyone wil get tix, and there will be some unhappy people after its over, but I say, dont give up and get to the venue. you never know if you can score something there, or they might even let you in after the show starts. ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    manderacomanderaco Posts: 16
    Just reading bits and pieces of the posts..I messed up and got plane tix for wed evening instead of thurs...the best mess up ever!!!! I hope I can get tix for the show. I am not sure if this was posted yet, Ben Harper plays friday at Lolla and saturday at the Virgin fest in b-more! Tommorrow seems to be the day to talk about extra tickets... AHHHH!!!
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    ok, changed my flight into chicago from miami.. now we are arriving at 10 am rather than 6:45 pm.
    !!!!!

sooooooooooooooooooooo nervous!

and my sons are pissed that they can't go.
    sheesh, we're taking them to lollapalooza! ;)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    I don't understand why people are already changing their flights and adding nights to their hotel. Pretty much everyone is under the assumption that their all getting tickets. If this place holds up to 1,400 people that means the maximum (which probably won't end up being) amount of tickets they will release will be 700 pairs. That means only 700 fan club members are gonna be getting tickets. Now I went to Chicago last tour and their were a lot more than 700 fan club members at the show. Furthermore this is the only appearance the band will make this year so you can guess how many more fans are coming in just to see them. You all are not getting tickets!!! Face it!!! So I am in the same boat as everyone else. I am supposed to come in Friday morning with my wife. But to change our flights will cost us over $500 when you include the price of the ticket and hotel. I also understand that pretty much everyone would rather see them at the Vic than at some crappy open air festival where the sound sucks. But why are you guys paying all this money to change your flights when you don't even have tickets yet??? I understand that if you wait till tomorrow the price of your ticket will go up because it will be within seven days of your departure. I called my airline already and they told me it will cost us $185 a piece to change the flight now so who knows what it will be by tomorrow. The bottom line is all you guys who are changing their flights today will be writing threads tomorrow about how this band suck because I didn't get any tickets and I paid all this money to change my flight.
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    Tomorrow is easily going to be the most stressful day of the year.. probably more than that.

Not to overexcite people, since this is only speculation (as if anyone could get more excited), but don't forget that Lollapalooza is in town the next day. Meaning there could be a LOT of options for guest appearances. Just conjecture, but I posted about there being a show in Chicago before Lolla a few weeks back. One for one baby!

Good luck everyone with tickets tomorrow.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    pj23yanks wrote:
    I don't understand why people are already changing their flights and adding nights to their hotel. Pretty much everyone is under the assumption that their all getting tickets. If this place holds up to 1,400 people that means the maximum (which probably won't end up being) amount of tickets they will release will be 700 pairs. That means only 700 fan club members are gonna be getting tickets. Now I went to Chicago last tour and their were a lot more than 700 fan club members at the show. Furthermore this is the only appearance the band will make this year so you can guess how many more fans are coming in just to see them. You all are not getting tickets!!! Face it!!! So I am in the same boat as everyone else. I am supposed to come in Friday morning with my wife. But to change our flights will cost us over $500 when you include the price of the ticket and hotel. I also understand that pretty much everyone would rather see them at the Vic than at some crappy open air festival where the sound sucks. But why are you guys paying all this money to change your flights when you don't even have tickets yet??? I understand that if you wait till tomorrow the price of your ticket will go up because it will be within seven days of your departure. I called my airline already and they told me it will cost us $185 a piece to change the flight now so who knows what it will be by tomorrow. The bottom line is all you guys who are changing their flights today will be writing threads tomorrow about how this band suck because I didn't get any tickets and I paid all this money to change my flight.

yes thats why i changed my line to 10
  • Options
    manderacomanderaco Posts: 16
    Do we think the tix will be first come first serve on the web or from our fan club number?
This discussion has been closed.