Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    Has anyone been to both Irving Plaza and the Vic? If so, can you compare the two?
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    yes...and I NEED one ticket for this show!! Anybody can help me??!! PLEASE!! I am from Chicago...and waiting for your SWIFT -friendly reply...

Yeah why are you not a member................. it is for members only sorry ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Great, they sent out an e-mail... chances lessen :)

Awwwwwww do not worry about that, that was just to limit the # whinners....... who say I did not know about that........ yes they did.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    They also said the sale ends on friday... while they say it will sell out why have a ending time the following day? Im sure they have most of the tickets... 1500 is a small Pearl Jam show.

they list an ending time so that people don't complain about not being told when the sale ends!....even though it will be a quick sell-out, people will still air their sour grapes.

We should have a contest to determine who was "victimized" the most by not getting tix!...I can only imagine the complaints!
    :)
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Ok, I'll go ahead and sound like a prick, here.

If you don't think you can make it to the show, but *hope* the stars align for your job, flight, etc, please dont get tickets and block out someone who DEFINITELY would use those tickets otherwise.

I would hate to see 20-30 people buy tix, only to have them go to waste and have 20-30 people who could have gone, only to sit on the sidelines.

If you can, fine, if you are unsure, please just think about it long and hard.

Please think before you purchase.

That is all.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Anyone think it will be a good show? I will be in town that weekend, and I'm thinking of going. Hmm, tough call...

Tough call my ass!!! GO! I heard Marcus going.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    KDH12 wrote:
    Awwwwwww do not worry about that, that was just to limit the # whinners....... who say I did not know about that........ yes they did.

Yeah Yeah I know... they had to send it out... but I was still hoping they were going to limit the exposure :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    jseremet wrote:
    I have a friend who has worked closely to the band, and she said that show will probably begin around 10 or so. The band has a previous engagement early in the evening, and the reason why it's 18+ is because of the start time.

Actually I heard (from 10club) that it is the theatre itself that limits it to 18+. We might go and hope we can hear it from outside since we can't go in (I'll have my daughter with me).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Ok, I'll go ahead and sound like a prick, here.

If you don't think you can make it to the show, but *hope* the stars align for your job, flight, etc, please dont get tickets and block out someone who DEFINITELY would use those tickets otherwise.

I would hate to see 20-30 people buy tix, only to have them go to waste and have 20-30 people who could have gone, only to sit on the sidelines.

If you can, fine, if you are unsure, please just think about it long and hard.

Please think before you purchase.

That is all.

I will give-up my right to try for tix for the low fee of $2.00...anyone willing to spring for the $2 in order to improve everyone elses chances by .001% ??

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    kinetic wrote:
    Great, now I blew tea out of my nose and it was HOT!

Sorry didnt mean to cause 3rd degree burns in your nostrils! LOL :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I will give-up my right to try for tix for the low fee of $2.00...anyone willing to spring for the $2 in order to improve everyone elses chances by .001% ??

Free market, thats thinking!

I appreciate it!:D
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Free market, thats thinking!

I appreciate it!:D

Nah, not a free market deal...I will give the money to charity!
  • Options
    krobbinzkrobbinz Posts: 187
    What is the seating capacity of the Vic?
    East Troy 10/08/00 St. Paul 06/16/03 Chicago 5/17/06 St. Paul 6/26/06 St. Paul 6/27/06 Lollapalooza '07 Bonnaroo '08
    Chicago 8/23/09 Chicago 8/24/09 PJ 20 9/3/11 PJ 20 9/4/11 Milwaukee 10/20/14 Chicago 8/20/16 Chicago 8/22/16 Chicago 8/18/18 Chicago 8/20/18
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Nah, not a free market deal...I will give the money to charity!

See, even better.

Works out for everyone.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Here is a link to the Vic itself - this is billed as a 10 CLUB show!
    http://www.jamusa.com/vic/venload.aspx

I can't get in, but I think it is really cool that that is happening. The energy in there will be amazing because of it I'm sure.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    Yeah why are you not a member................. it is for members only sorry ;)
    You must have plenty of free time to spare , ha??
    I RATHER BE WITH PEARL JAM!
  • Options
    what are the odds of getting tickets to this show, only 500 pairs.... fucking site is gonna crash
  • Options
    You must have plenty of free time to spare , ha??

I'm sure people will keep an eye out for you, but honestly, why are you not a member? You have been a message pit member since 2005, and you havent joined since then?

Do you like nosebleed seats or what?:)
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    At least there will be no bitching about 10C fan #s since it's GA...instead fans will be complaining about not be able to buy tix b/c of some internet/server issue. Afterwards people will be freaking out regarding confirmation emails.

...it's all been said before, but here we go again! The next few days on the board are going to be pretty trippy!
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I'm sure people will keep an eye out for you, but honestly, why are you not a member? You have been a message pit member since 2005, and you havent joined since then?

Hello there! I completely AGREE...but, I am from Serbia and , unfortunately,PJ have never EVER played there and it's different for most of Europe venues...usually you don't have sits...soooo, that's my story...heh...
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    O MAN THURSDAY is gonna be hectic alot of happy people but the 10c ears are gonna be ringing with the unlucky ones

good luck sucks i can only come in sunday
    but i have seen ip showbox ,,so all u kiddies who never saw a small club show..... ooooooooo baby
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

Hey. this girl is my friend and shes from Europe. recently moved to US.
    Some ppl dont have the chance to get a membership when you live around here you know... its not US, im saying its a lot different.
    If youre not a member does that make you a less of a fan?
    Dont think so. You can love something as much as hardcore as the next person.
    Peace
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    USCJeff wrote:
    I hope they dont play with us and put the tickets in the specials category!

Yeah I don't want to screw this up either. Do we need to log in before we order tix?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Yeah I don't want to screw this up either. Do we need to log in before we order tix?

haha that would help lol
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    IndySarah wrote:
    I so need to get tickets to this!! Cubs game in the afternoon, club show in the evening!

and only about 6 blocks away. I wonder if Ed will be singing the 7th Inning Strech again?
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    They will be in the "tickets" section. I e-mailed about this.
    Also, I'd log in first if I were you....couldn't hurt, right? ;)
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Somebody just better buy Ed some "penis and crack", right? Heh heh heh

Seriously though...will there be a poster? I'd really love to add to my wall!

How cool would it be if we all got a free mini-poster gift or something?!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Hey. this girl is my friend and shes from Europe. recently moved to US.
    Some ppl dont have the chance to get a membership when you live around here you know... its not US, im saying its a lot different.
    If youre not a member does that make you a less of a fan?
    Dont think so. You can love something as much as hardcore as the next person.
    Peace

Sid, you ROCK!!! Love ya!!
  • Options
    I STILL need that ticket, YEAH!!!
  • Options
    IndySarahIndySarah Posts: 42
    I STILL need that ticket, YEAH!!!

At this point, we ALL need tickets!!
    "You look like you'd be sticky" --

Indianapolis 1998, Indianapolis 2000, Alpine 2003, Indianapolis 2003, Toledo 2004, Grand Rapids 2004, St Louis 2004, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Hamilton 2005, Chicago I 2006, Grand Rapids 2006, Cleveland 2006, Cincinnati 2006 The Vic 2007, Lollapalooza 2007, Chicago I and II 2009
This discussion has been closed.