Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    This is going to be a long two days before the ticket sale. I can already feel a knot in my stomach because of nerves. Bring on the sale!
  • Options
    Awesome news! Really glad I'm flying in on Thursday too... this is going to be a tough one to get tickets to for sure.
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    This is going to be a long two days before the ticket sale. I can already feel a knot in my stomach because of nerves. Bring on the sale!

me too... i am so damn nervous...
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    iamica wrote:
    Augh! Dammit! Wish I'd known about this earlier. I already shelled out the $$ for Lolla...now this...crap!
    Decisions, decisions...

i second this one...

this is why people are bitter about this announcement, i personally got over it and am just thankful to be able to see them period but would have rather put out the money for the Vic rather than for a festival where i dont like any other of the bands (after actually giving them a listen) other than PJ

oh well like i said im just happy to see the band period :)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    AWESOME!
    congrats to those lucky few who go!
    i wish you all great luck scoring tix...sure to be an unbelievable show! irving plaza was an unreal experience for me, i imagine this will be much the same vibe. i had a great run in europe, no complaints....had no intentions of lolla...and i'll be starting my new job in any case, so it's easy for me to let this one go, no anxiety. haha. so i wish you all the BEST...have a BLAST....and blow the boys a kiss ofr me! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    jseremetjseremet Posts: 8
    I have a friend who has worked closely to the band, and she said that show will probably begin around 10 or so. The band has a previous engagement early in the evening, and the reason why it's 18+ is because of the start time. So I'd count this as starting around then.

Any bets on how fast tickets go? I'm hoping this is easier than buying the Ames Hawaii poster last week!
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    evenkat wrote:
    I'm so glad I already booked flight and hotel for arrival on Thursday! I'm really really really hoping for these tickets! Please!

hey evenkat!!!!!!!!

are we gonna finally meet after all these years??

i still need to change my arrival into chicago...
    we're supposed to arrive at 6:43 and that just won't cut it.

waiting for the hubby's ok (work issues)
    to change the flight to the morning.

i'm trying not to bug him... but c'mon dude!!!!
    arggggggggghhhh!!!

Please! :D

hey evenkat!!!!!!!!

arggggggggghhhh!!!
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    jseremet wrote:
    I'm hoping this is easier than buying the Ames Hawaii poster last week!

I definately wouldn't count on that, these tickets are going to sell lighting fast! Good Luck though
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    hey evenkat!!!!!!!!

arggggggggghhhh!!!

Well bug him anyway! We can definitely meet up...hopefully at Vic's :D
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    *contemplation sets in......*
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Aw, fuck it, I'll try for tickets. Can't pass up an opportunity like this. :D
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    *contemplation sets in......*

What's there to think about?
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck all and to me toooO!!!!!

starting out w/pj thursday ... lolla friday, sat & sun ... ending with pj!

too excited to even write this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Anyone have room for one more for Aug 2nd...and possibly the 3rd??
    I'll even sleep on the floor.

"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    damn. i wish there was any possible way i could make it to chicago for this.

and i don't mean to be "that guy," but chris cornell has an opening between 8/1 in new york and 8/4 and in alpine, CA. maybe he'll need to change planes in chicago...

(yeah i know, insert designer jeans joke here)

in any case, good luck to everyone on thursday...
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Found this at Billboard.com...

A pair of bands with Chicago roots have announced one-off shows in the Windy City in the coming weeks. First up is a private Aug. 2 Pearl Jam concert at the intimate Vic Theatre, which will serve as a warm-up to the band's headlining set at Lollapalooza three days later. Tickets go on sale Thursday (July 26) exclusively to members of the band's Ten Club fan organization; no public on-sale is planned.

Anyway, the more I think about it...this could be THE 10Club show. I have a feeling the 10Club might have the majority of the tix and not a few. I mean if it's private, I doubt there can be that many Sean Penn's and Kelly Slater's to fill the Vic.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Sawyer wrote:
    does anyone else feel like they have been drinking coffee all day and they have had none?
    That's the best way to describe it. Of course, I have had coffee, but that's besides the point . . . the metaphor still applies :D
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    I've totally had A.D.D. ever since I heard the news. I've been useless today!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 148

A pair of bands with Chicago roots have announced one-off shows in the Windy City in the coming weeks. First up is a private Aug. 2 Pearl Jam concert at the intimate Vic Theatre, which will serve as a warm-up to the band's headlining set at Lollapalooza three days later. Tickets go on sale Thursday (July 26) exclusively to members of the band's Ten Club fan organization; no public on-sale is planned.

Anyway, the more I think about it...this could be THE 10Club show. I have a feeling the 10Club might have the majority of the tix and not a few. I mean if it's private, I doubt there can be that many Sean Penn's and Kelly Slater's to fill the Vic.

Huh? 'splain yourself, Lucy.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

Like the caveman in the Geico commercial would say:

"Yes I have a comment .... WHAT????"
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    kinetickinetic Posts: 148
    Like the caveman in the Geico commercial would say:

"Yes I have a comment .... WHAT????"
    Great, now I blew tea out of my nose and it was HOT!

But yeah. WHAT? This COULD be the 10C show? Yeah, I suppose it;s possible.

It's also possible that a book about a boy wizard was mentioned in the news recently.
    When you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
  • Options
    yes...and I NEED one ticket for this show!! Anybody can help me??!! PLEASE!! I am from Chicago...and waiting for your SWIFT -friendly reply...
    Great, they sent out an e-mail... chances lessen :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    kinetic wrote:
    Huh? 'splain yourself, Lucy.

What I'm saying is in the original post it says they have a small number of Tix available. If there is no public sale, where are the rest of the tix going? I mean I doubt PJ has that many family and friends in Chicago they can fill the Vic.
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 862
    What I'm saying is in the original post it says they have a small number of Tix available. If there is no public sale, where are the rest of the tix going? I mean I doubt PJ has that many family and friends in Chicago they can fill the Vic.

They just say that so people know that not everyone is getting into the show. Since it's a private event, they control how many they give out.
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268

They also said the sale ends on friday... while they say it will sell out why have a ending time the following day? Im sure they have most of the tickets... 1500 is a small Pearl Jam show.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    I think they mean a small number, as in relative to normal concerts.
    Trust me, 96% (or something like that) of the available tickets are going to us.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Anyone think it will be a good show? I will be in town that weekend, and I'm thinking of going. Hmm, tough call...
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Anyone think it will be a good show? I will be in town that weekend, and I'm thinking of going. Hmm, tough call...

Is any PJ show a bad one? :D
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Red Lukin wrote:

You are joking right?
This discussion has been closed.