Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Hey. this girl is my friend and shes from Europe. recently moved to US.
    Some ppl dont have the chance to get a membership when you live around here you know... its not US, im saying its a lot different.
    If youre not a member does that make you a less of a fan?
    Dont think so. You can love something as much as hardcore as the next person.
    Peace

I was not questioning how much she loves Pearl Jam. I was just asking why a person who lives in Chicago, and has been a message pit member for 2 years is not a fan club member.

It helps you get better tickets. Her location says Chicago, Illinois. And there was a tour in 2006, so I would think that someone who started posting on the board in 2005 would have joined the fan club for better tickets.

Its no big deal, I am not questioning her ability to like Pearl Jam. Simply asking.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    I live roughly 1/2 mile from the Vic. If I don't score tickets I can trade a place to crash for the night for a face value ticket. Only have a studio apt but in a nice place on the lakefront. you will have a spot to sleep in an air conditioned apt. I sleep on a camping pad because of a bad back so I just move it into the kitchen when I have guests.

I am 49 yr old professional PJ freak who has been to 13 shows but gotta be at this one in my hometown.

PJ rules.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Thank you so much for your help... are you absolutely certain that i can not fly home... what is their reasoning for canceling both legs?... if i were to not show up to my flight on Friday and incur the entire loss... will my return flight still be canceled? Thanks again

Yes, Im absolutely certain that they will cancel the remainder of your trip, call them if youd like and ask them.
    The reasoning is that one way tickets many times are more expensive and buying roundtrips sometimes are lesser money and its easy to combine 2 rounstrips rather than 2 one ways, so they stop you from flying only on certain legs of the trip unless you have taken the outbound.

What most major airlines will make you do if you are going to drive and not use the outbound is change your roundtrip ticket so that it is now a onw way ticket from CHI to NYC, believe one way with one week notice and the change fee will cost you more than the ticket itself. Most major airlines operate that way, but when you are a no show they cancel the remainder of the legs for sure, but call them up make sure for yourself so that you dont feel you are just taking my word for it, but I had many many customers very disappointed when they got to the airport to take their return when they had not flown on their outbounds and were unaware that we had cancelled the rest of the trip.

My best advice is call them up and see how much the changes will cost or if for any reason the rules have changed and now they allow you to take the return not having taken the outbound.

:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    Dont know ...but some guy Dennis started in 1998 :p

So much for keeping busy :rolleyes: :p
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    I just wanted someone to confirm the obvious. The posted sale time is 11 PST so that's 1PM Chicago time, right?

Doh! I'm so totally hyperventilated that I confused myself into thinking it was 9:00. Glad you posted that.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Nicely done!!!!!
    BTW....RU happy about this one!!!!!!!!
    It's not Alpine but WTF :D

It's not Alpine but it's on the day I entered this crazy fucked up but beautiful world 29 yrs ago next week Thursday. :D

Alpine 2008? hehehe
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Thanks to Mel aka ACC for giving me a sweet message tonight after a crazy day!!

:D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, I don't have time to read thru all the posts. The Cubs play at home both Thursday and Friday, at 1:20, first against the phillies, then against the Mets. Wow, what a 2 day trip. If I can manage tickets, and get someone to hop on a plane with me next week, I'm definately going to hit up wrigley.
  • Options
    I'm supposed to take my kids to Great America on Thursday. Do you think they'd forgive me if we stay home so I can be glued to my computer trying to purchase tickets to this show.... :cool:

Seeing PJ at the Vic would be the best birthday present.....
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    I'm supposed to take my kids to Great America on Thursday. Do you think they'd forgive me if we stay home so I can be glued to my computer trying to purchase tickets to this show.... :cool:

Seeing PJ at the Vic would be the best birthday present.....

You can always make new kids. pearl jam at such a small place in your home town, that you can not make happen again
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    You can always make new kids. pearl jam at such a small place in your home town, that you can not make happen again
    ahahahahahahahaha!!!!
    PERFECT!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    smobeepjsmobeepj Posts: 58
    I am nervously excited. I have always wanted to see them in a small place in Chicago. There's gonna be plenty of cigs smoked Thursday morning. I'll be bummed if I don't get tix but congrats to those who do! :)
  • Options
    dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    I know I'll get flamed for this but there are thousands of Chicago 10C members and I think the Vic would sell out in 1 minute if just 606XX area code 10C members could buy tickets. Opening this up to everyone will lead to joe schmoe in San Fran getting through to tickets and then not being able to make it for one reason or another and since there are no physical tickets to resell, giving them up.

I have little faith I'll win a "lottery" on thursday with the Vic 10 minutes away. Lolla will still be good of course but didn't PJ in the past make these pre-shows local only?
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i have never been to chicago.........sounds like a good reason to "attempt" the trip.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    Where you at?

Lets all get ready for the VIC... I am heading out that way fo sho now!!!

:D Here! :D
    I knew it. I knew you were going to make this happen.
    Big Mike came through with the early warning and it was only a matter of time before you signed on.

Sweet. ;)
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    like i have been saying all along......

FUCK LOLLAPALOOZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    dthomas wrote:
    I know I'll get flamed for this but there are thousands of Chicago 10C members and I think the Vic would sell out in 1 minute if just 606XX area code 10C members could buy tickets. Opening this up to everyone will lead to joe schmoe in San Fran getting through to tickets and then not being able to make it for one reason or another and since there are no physical tickets to resell, giving them up.

I have little faith I'll win a "lottery" on thursday with the Vic 10 minutes away. Lolla will still be good of course but didn't PJ in the past make these pre-shows local only?

I totally agree. I will be SO bummed if I don't get to see them at the Vic in my own hometown.
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i hope i get a poster.....
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

I was starting to wonder where you were at!!!

You trying for tickets on Thursday I assume :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996

As usual, you're right ... lol.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    yes and their will still be scalpers with some tickets
    remember their are people at the box office who have control of some of those tickets,, BELIEVE THAT i had 8 tickets each night to the borgata thru box office people ,,but its good for those who dont get thru the sale
    they can pay and still get in

WRIST BANDS ONLY THOUGH .......
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    VrJxSVrJxS Posts: 115
    dthomas wrote:

As per 10c announcement: Again, please understand we have a limited amount of tickets, but we would like to give every member this wonderful opportunity regardless of location or seniority!

I'm personally happy they did'nt limit it to Chicago fans because if I can get a ticket I'm making the trip. And I'm not going to lolla.

One thing they could've done is allowed the purchase of single tix

• Options
    DarbyCrashDarbyCrash Posts: 223
    How 'bout a second Vic show for Chicago members only? : )
    I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am...David Byrne, Talking Heads

Regal Theater, 1994--most amazing night ever.
  • Options
    VrJxSVrJxS Posts: 115
    I didn't want to be the one to say it, but.....

word on the street is that Chicago 10c members are kinda lame so they had to open it up to the rest of the country.:)
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    Chicagone wrote:
    This is going to be one night to remember. The Vic theatre rocks! What a great venue to see the greatest band rip it up before Lollapalooza. I can't wait!! Who's with me on this one? All you east coasters better get here for this show, no excuses!

EASTCOASTER here, and i'm gonna try my best to get time off from work, and if i can, i'll try for tickets.
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344
    Hey i just e-mailed ten club they said the presale time will be pushed back to 11:30 PDT so no one try to get them at 11:00. Just giving you a heads up.

Man, i hope this increases my chances.
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Hey i just e-mailed ten club they said the presale time will be pushed back to 11:30 PDT so no one try to get them at 11:00. Just giving you a heads up.

Man, i hope this increases my chances.

Wow...I got the same e-mail!
  • Options
    VrJxS wrote:
    I didn't want to be the one to say it, but.....

word on the street is that Chicago 10c members are kinda lame so they had to open it up to the rest of the country.:)

Oh no you di in't! Chi fans are the some of the awesomest around, cause we're always doing stuff and yeah.. and yeah, we get the best shows. Ha! :p;)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    sweet lord this is so tempting......AGH this band drives me crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • Options
    sweet lord this is so tempting......AGH this band drives me crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

aww chiqui.. just come out. Ya get a twofer in the land of SPEEDYVILLE :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
This discussion has been closed.