Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I just got my work schedule cleared (well on standby), and I'm gonna drive 5 hours through the night to be back at work the next day....now i need to score some tix.

I'm scheduled to work the whole first week in August. With Lolla I was just able to make it. Now that's out the window now so I can do this show instead. :D Dam work just gets in the way. lol I can tell I'm getting older and a little wiser. Cause in my younger days I wouldn't care about work. But now I really love my job and just have to figure out how I can work this out. Which I will for dam sure. First thing is getting tickets. :D
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    I'm scheduled to work the whole first week in August. With Lolla I was just able to make it. Now that's out the window now so I can do this show instead. :D Dam work just gets in the way. lol I can tell I'm getting older and a little wiser. Cause in my younger days I wouldn't care about work. But now I really love my job and just have to figure out how I can work this out. Which I will for dam sure. First thing is getting tickets. :D

I just quit my job (not for Lolla, but timing is GREAT), and my last day is the 2nd...you better believe I'll be leaving earlier than expected so I can get to the Vic...also, the new job starts on Tuesday the 7th because of Lolla!

:D
  • Options
    DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
    damnnnnn... i wish i was 18 and getting to Chicago the 2nd instead of the 3rd. WHoever is going is really lucky.
  • Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    Oh man, I'm so nervous!
    I NEED these tickets!
    My buddy and I have only ever gotten to go to a Pearl Jam/Petty show! We'd love to get to see them in an intimate setting!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    lowlight10 wrote:
    all I can say is that if you think you are going to make it to this show with a late afternoon/early evening flight, you deserve what you are going to get. and dont think I am saying this to keep people away, because it wont make a difference at all.

if you are flying, take a flight that gets in before 2pm. flights at Ohare are notoriously delayed. it is the primary United hub people. on top of that, neither airport is near the venue. highway and city traffic is horrendous during the summer, sometimes for no reason.

OK...I'm no resident but I've flown into both O Hare and Midway later in the afternoon and had no problem getting downtown in two hours or less. My observation has been the traffic is the worst in lanes LEAVING downtown in the late afternoon...at least when coming from O Hare. So based on my many flights, I would feel safe flying in by 5-6:00. May not be there when the doors open, but any seat is a good one at the Vic and PJ won't be on until probably 9:00...my guess anyway. I do agree that delays are normal, but my delays are more commonly leaving. I typically arrive on time. No guarantee obviously.

Pumped up for this one baby!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    Man, I wish I lived in Chicago with the rest of you lucky sods :cool:
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Poncier wrote:
    I'm amazed that people aren't grasping that.

This system is very good for preventing scalping, but its not 100% scalper proof, cause I imagine a few are 10c members.

if it's anything like it was at the Showbox in 04, they checked your name from a list and have to immediately go in (meaning the scalper would too)...
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240
    if it's anything like it was at the Showbox in 04, they checked your name from a list and have to immediately go in (meaning the scalper would too)...
    Right, thats what I saw scalpers doing when Springsteen played the Orpheum, they went inside with their "guest" and attended the show, and made a handy chunk of change for doing so.
    I'm sure it won't be widespread, but I'm willimg to bet there's a few who do it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469

that's sorta how it was at the House of BLues in Orlando...
    no tickets... just a list of some sort.

although my husband and i were not an any list and just kind of walked in.

anyway.....

;)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options

Pretty risky for the scalper too...some 10Club members might not hesitate to turn the scalpers name in to 10Club later after purchasing the ticket and going in with the scalper (if they catch his/her name). I KNOW some would...I'm not sure what I'd do. Hopefully not an issue for us...although 700 pairs could fly FAST.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,495
    Im working on it....I can make magic happen!

If your flight gets in at 830, you won't even get out of the airport until 930. Then, you would have to fight traffic-you would be at least an hour away from the vic.

Then parking.

And that's assuming everything goes ok with your flight.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    bostonlou wrote:
    wow... a 10c show

i hope i get tix

i'll fly in thurs and out fri

Was kinda thinking same thing, wonder what that will cost?

Ok if I do a lay over in Vegas, $500 to fly.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    OMG I HAVE to go.

What time is the show at??? I dunno if I can get the whole day off. Might have to call in sick.

I gotta figure out where I'm going to stay. I have a room for Sat and Sun...but didn't think I'd need one for Friday and Sat.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    that's sorta how it was at the House of BLues in Orlando...
    no tickets... just a list of some sort.

although my husband and i were not an any list and just kind of walked in.

anyway.....

;)

I still think Ed had something to do with that..... how many people is really out there with your last name???!!! - LOL

I got into the Showbox out of pure luck (and talking some bullshit with a cop outside the venue, who was nice enough to pull me and some girl I had gone with and some other people when they allowed 15 more people in)

Small venue shows are the best!!!
    (I'm stop reading this thread or Ima cry!)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    My "location" says it best people...

;)
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    Good thing i decided to fly in on thursday... What time is this show??
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    adamtheredadamthered Posts: 87
    We had to sell our Lolla tickets because financially we couldn't make the trip. I was just growing comfortable with that. Now they announce this.

Fuck me, I'd like to know what cosmic being I pissed off to upset the balance in my life that will make me miss this show. Fuck fuck, fuckity fuck fuck.
    Kansas City 98
    Alpine Valley 00
    Chicago 00
    St. Paul 03
    St. Louis 04
    Winnipeg 05
    St. Paul 06 1 & 2
    PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    well this gives me 2 days for my husband to find coverage for work, try and get an extra night added to hotel and find plane tickets for thursday instead of friday...oh and then not be able to get tickets to the show. LOL :)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    10,465 views and 328(9) replies in a little over 5 hours. CRAZY! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Foxy Mop wrote:

I pray everyone who views this thread isn't a 10Club member.
  • Options
    Don't worry...I've viewed this thread about 1,090 times myself!
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Augh! Dammit! Wish I'd known about this earlier. I already shelled out the $$ for Lolla...now this...crap!
    Decisions, decisions...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

WE'RE all crazy at heart!

Laura I cant make Lolla but I just emailed my boss about changing next weeks schedule. OH MY F*CKING GOD if he can hook me up w/ the time off and I score tix......I'll c-ya in Chicago.......have you heard from the other CT Joe?
    " to myself i surrender, to the one i'll never please"

May 13,2006...Hartford,CT back on the map!!!
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    Don't worry...I've viewed this thread about 1,090 times myself!
    i'm pretty sure the view count only registers unique views...so even with your 1090 and my 1090 views we're only counted once. i could be wrong though.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Fairfield, CT right here sonnn
    got plane tix ready if i get tix thurzzz
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Oh, you are probably right - oh well, that just means we'll have one hell of a race on our hands on Thursday
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    OMG I HAVE to go.

What time is the show at??? I dunno if I can get the whole day off. Might have to call in sick.

I gotta figure out where I'm going to stay. I have a room for Sat and Sun...but didn't think I'd need one for Friday and Sat.

mel im SURE you'll be there! its like The Fonda ALL over again!!!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    WE'RE all crazy at heart!

Laura I cant make Lolla but I just emailed my boss about changing next weeks schedule. OH MY F*CKING GOD if he can hook me up w/ the time off and I score tix......I'll c-ya in Chicago.......have you heard from the other CT Joe?

Hey hon :D That'd be awesome if you could get off from work and head out here.. lots of fun stuff planned. Other/moloko Joe is doing well and definitely gonna be on hand for the festivities, especially since he's living downtown...he's on the roster to call... keep me updated if you get vacation! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Fairfield, CT right here sonnn
    got plane tix ready if i get tix thurzzz

You're on my radar now as someone not to stand behind :D

whatever happened to that tall guys thread anyways
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    I'm so glad I had already booked my Lolla flight and hotel for arrival on Thursday, August 2nd! I'm really really really hoping for these tickets! Please!

Please! :D
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."
This discussion has been closed.