Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    tschav wrote:
    Vic is general admission, but it's small enough that you'll be fine as long as you aren't standing behind someone 7 feet tall

ooooo im 6'9"...i always feel bad for ppl behind me but theres seriously nothing i can do
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    ooooo im 6'9"...i always feel bad for ppl behind me but theres seriously nothing i can do

Squat! j/k....maybe ;)
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    bostonlou wrote:
    will PNE be doing the poster?

I was just thinking the same thing but in his last post BK said he was working on a recent poster which was taking his attention from the site ?????????
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    it fugures they announce the better of the 2 shows a fucking week in advance :(
  • Options
    rybesrybes Posts: 136
    Ooooooh... I don't have the words I'm in total shock

my plane gets in at 10am, and I'm all geared up for Lolla, but getting tickets to this would be a once in a lifetime experience!
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    So, maybe ed will do the Cubbies-Phillies game after all. Same neighborhood, no? Noice!

Ott
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Barely AliveBarely Alive Posts: 1,271
    Can't wait.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,853
    Here's to hoping this private show thing becomes a trend this year. A private show perhaps at Avalon or Orpheum in Boston?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    Vic is general admission, but it's small enough that you'll be fine as long as you aren't standing behind someone 7 feet tall

The vic is all GA however if you are late getting there you will have to be in the balcony which is also GA but has theater style seats.
    I know everyone wants to go, but I'm begging everyone...If your flight/work/ship/ufo or something doesn't get out or reach Chicago till 8 PM or after on Thursday Aug. 2, PLEASE don't buy these tix. Save them for people who know they will be able to go...like me. :) Don't wanna be an asshole, but at the same time...you know.

I agree with this cat....... do not buy tickets if you are not 100% sure you will be there

cause if I find out you wasted tickets and others could not go I will come to your house and pull an R.Kelly on you :)

and those who are wondering if your flight does not get in before 5PM, either airport, you not be there before doors open.
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    here's a big PPPTTTTTHHHHHHHH!!!! (thats me sticking my tongue out) to everyone who said that we wouldn't get any other US shows this year!

HA!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    true...we have to make the effort but its there
    and its 10club ONLY!!!!
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    all I can say is that if you think you are going to make it to this show with a late afternoon/early evening flight, you deserve what you are going to get. and dont think I am saying this to keep people away, because it wont make a difference at all.

if you are flying, take a flight that gets in before 2pm. flights at Ohare are notoriously delayed. it is the primary United hub people. on top of that, neither airport is near the venue. highway and city traffic is horrendous during the summer, sometimes for no reason.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Holy poop!!! :eek: You lucky fuckers! :D
    I leave for 3 hrs and this what happens??? OMG! This is gonna be awesome!
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    I think many people myself included might wait to see if we get tickets then deal with air and hotel and lolla tiks. Still debating....

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Regardless of where you end up in the Vic, it's going to be a great view (unless you're behind Mr. Bedwetter ;) ). It's smaller than the Chi HoB and everyone who was there can attest to how amazing that show was.

I hope that the PJ server people up their database and server processes to handle this craszy load! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    lowlight10 wrote:
    all I can say is that if you think you are going to make it to this show with a late afternoon/early evening flight, you deserve what you are going to get. and dont think I am saying this to keep people away, because it wont make a difference at all.

if you are flying, take a flight that gets in before 2pm. flights at Ohare are notoriously delayed. it is the primary United hub people. on top of that, neither airport is near the venue. highway and city traffic is horrendous during the summer, sometimes for no reason.
    seconded! dont take tickets from those who can definitely go...and when i say definitely go i mean im gonna be outside the venue waiting 4-5 hours before the show starts... :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    lowlight10 wrote:

Thank God I have a noon arrival :D
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    smobeepjsmobeepj Posts: 58
    HOLY SHIT!!! Gotta miss Lolla so this is F'ing GREAT!!! God I hope I can get tix!!!!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Thank God I have a noon arrival :D

Hey G!!!
    I didnt know you were flying to CHI-town for Lolla.

Good Luck to you in getting those tickets on Thursday!!!

~~~ GOOD VIBES ~~~~ ~~~~ GOOD VIBES ~~~~~~

Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Posts: 211
    Why did I not see this post earlier today? I just paid $1000 cash for my cat's broken leg. I guess the credit cards will be coming out.
    Honolulu 92 - Maui 98 x2 - Denver 03 - Gorge 05 - Denver 06 x2 - Gorge 06 x2 - Honolulu 06 x2 - EV Honolulu 09 x2 - Alpine Valley 11 x2 - Oklahoma City 13...
  • Options
    KDH12 wrote:
    The vic is all GA however if you are late getting there you will have to be in the balcony which is also GA but has theater style seats.

Sooo theater style seats are great if you are short right!? I guess getting their late might help with the view rather than make it worse
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    I think many people myself included might wait to see if we get tickets then deal with air and hotel and lolla tiks. Still debating....

remember.................. NO TRANSFERS ALLOWED ...........................

if you are not there tickets die and go to heaven not passing go and definately not collecting $200 :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    lowlight10 wrote:

I have flown into Midway, and taken the train downtown with ease.
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    In the name of positive energy, I've got a good feeling that a lot of us will end up getting tickets. I once read that there were approximately 50,000 fan club members; I don't know if that's still an accurate number, but let's just assume that it is. There's obviously no way of knowing how many of those will be coming to Lollapalooza, but it's not like it's going to be a significant percentage...I mean, a few weeks ago everybody not going to Lolla was claiming it was way overhyped, and it's probably too late for a lot of those people to change their plans. Let's say, purely for argument's sake, that 2,500 (5% of the total membership) is going to Chicago. And now, for convience's sake, let's assume 2,100 are gonna try to get in to the Vic Theatre. That's about a 1/3 chance of succeeding; it might not be great odds, but it wouldn't be nearly as difficult as getting into the Borgata.

Of course, this is all conjecture. And of course, I could be way off in either direction. But I'm gonna keep upbeat about my chances til Thursday. ;)
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    NWOntario wrote:
    In the name of positive energy, I've got a good feeling that a lot of us will end up getting tickets. I once read that there were approximately 50,000 fan club members; I don't know if that's still an accurate number, but let's just assume that it is. There's obviously no way of knowing how many of those will be coming to Lollapalooza, but it's not like it's going to be a significant percentage...I mean, a few weeks ago everybody not going to Lolla was claiming it was way overhyped, and it's probably too late for a lot of those people to change their plans. Let's say, purely for argument's sake, that 2,500 (5% of the total membership) is going to Chicago. And now, for convience's sake, let's assume 2,100 are gonna try to get in to the Vic Theatre. That's about a 1/3 chance of succeeding; it might not be great odds, but it wouldn't be nearly as difficult as getting into the Borgata.

Of course, this is all conjecture. And of course, I could be way off in either direction. But I'm gonna keep upbeat about my chances til Thursday. ;)

ouch. that hurt my head. Figure 700 tickets, hopefully we'll all score :D That's the easy math!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    KDH12 wrote:
    remember.................. NO TRANSFERS ALLOWED ...........................

if you are not there tickets die and go to heaven not passing go and definately not collecting $200 :)

No transfers. HA! Thats what they always say.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    ouch. that hurt my head. Figure 700 tickets, hopefully we'll all score :D That's the easy math!

That's obviously the way better way of looking at things. :D
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    wow 18 and over :(

age discrimination! Im hurt!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Sooo theater style seats are great if you are short right!? I guess getting their late might help with the view rather than make it worse

Not always....some people go up to the balcony and claim their seats right when the doors open.
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    Yes Yes Yes Oh Mother Fucking Yes!!!!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
This discussion has been closed.