RATM August 24th Alpine Valley

12346»

Comments

• Anyone have the full set?
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I went to Libertyville too... what year did you graduate?

1997. i was at that Rage/Wu show as well. unreal.

Queens of the Stone Age:

Do It Again, Feel Good Hit, Sick Sick Sick, Go With The Flow, Song For the Deaf, Burn The Witch, Little Sister, Battery Acid, Fun Machine, 3's and 7's, No One Knows, Song For the Dead

Rage Against the Machine:

(9:50) Testify, Bulls on Parade, People of the Sun, Bombtrack, Vietnow, Bullet in the Head, Take the Power Back, Tire Me, Guerilla Radio, Calm Like a Bomb, Sleep Now in the Fire, Wake Up > gov't rant > Wake Up, Freedom > Township Rebellion* > Killing in the Name (11:10)
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Do you think there is any chance there will be bootleg copy of this?

There will be more than bootleg of this one... they were filming "Battle of Alpine Valley" for a DVD. Can't wait for that to come out!

What a night- Started the day without a ticket-
    Got a lawn seat for $40 as we drove in and got a pit bracelet for free!!!

Front row right side- and it was amazing!!!!!!!

I totally lost my voice and my hearing! It was freaking loud!!
    -

There will be more than bootleg of this one... they were filming "Battle of Alpine Valley" for a DVD. Can't wait for that to come out!

i doubt that DVD ever sees the light of day. i hope I am wrong.

and I dont understand why people feel like loss of hearing or ringing ears are a sign of a great show. everytime you lose some hearing, you never get all of it back. you'll regret it in 25 years. wear earplugs--it makes the music sound a lot better and youll get to keep listening to music past the age of 50.
    -

• There will be more than bootleg of this one... they were filming "Battle of Alpine Valley" for a DVD. Can't wait for that to come out!

I've been told that almost all the RATM shows have been filmed this summer.
    Coachella, Rock the Bells shows from San Bernardino and Oakland and Alpine Valley
    No idea about Randall's Island.

There's no firm plans for any of it yet but at least they have it if and when they want to use it.
    May 05, 1992 -November 26, 1993 -
    November 27, 1993 - November 28, 1993 -
    July 08, 1995 -July 09, 1995 -
    July 11, 1995 - June 26, 1998 -
    June 27, 1998 - October 08, 2000 -
    August 05, 2007
  • There will be more than bootleg of this one... they were filming "Battle of Alpine Valley" for a DVD. Can't wait for that to come out!

Battle of Alpine Valley. I fucking love that title. hehe :D

I was tired all day today, just thinking how great last nite was. :D
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Amazing show. Queens, of course, were better than Rage, but all in all it was a phenominal night! On the other hand, waiting 3 hours to get out of the parking lot wasn't much fun. Thank God we saved some beers and bloodies.
  • Nice set, but they better fucking play DOWN RODEO at Voodoo.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    GoBucky wrote:
    On the other hand, waiting 3 hours to get out of the parking lot wasn't much fun. Thank God we saved some beers and bloodies.

I hear ya!! Waited till after 2 to leave the parking lot, glad we had some beers left. Got to our campsite at 3:30 and drank till about 5. Woke up and drove home and washed my car 3 times to get all the mud off!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • 3 Hours in the parking lot was well worth it. I had 1st row behind the pit. My ears are still ringing, I am going to blame Queens for that, they were insanely loud and distorted. It was chaos up front with people trying to jump out of the seating ares and into the pit without having the pit pass. Keep the videos and pics coming.
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • Awesome show. I was extremely paranoid that the lawn patrons were going to storm thru the pavilion. Despite being ill prepared and undermanned, hats off to the security and venue for maintaining this organized chaos.

Has anyone posted photos?