RATM August 24th Alpine Valley

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    The whole lawn area is gonna be a pit. I can only imagine how freaking fun this is gonna be. It's Alpine Valley expect to have a awesome time. :D Who needs pit tickets. Lawn area will be the place to be. :D
    yeah, I started thinking that the whole place is going to be a pit so regardless of where everyone is, there is going to to moshing. I just hope no one gets hurt... some of those stories I read from Coachella sounded crazy.
    For Rage, the cops are probably going to be all over the place. I read a review for Coachella, that said their were security armed with bean bag guns cause they expected the crowd to just go insane. Everyone going please be careful and have a good time.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    red mos wrote:
    yeah, I started thinking that the whole place is going to be a pit so regardless of where everyone is, there is going to to moshing. I just hope no one gets hurt... some of those stories I read from Coachella sounded crazy.
    For Rage, the cops are probably going to be all over the place. I read a review for Coachella, that said their were security armed with bean bag guns cause they expected the crowd to just go insane. Everyone going please be careful and have a good time.

More cops and County Sheriffs will be on hand but I don't think the East Troy swat team will be there. heh

Those that are coming to Alpine for the first time. Watch out the hill can seem real steep sometimes. If it rains the nite b4 or even a couple days b4 show. The hill will become real interesting. So yep be careful and will have a good time. :D
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    red mos wrote:

We saw Audioslave..last year sometime?... at a GA show and they ripped out several RATM songs. OMG the pit was freekin crazy awesome. Got an elbow to the head that ended up as a big bruise - it was great! :) Hopefully they'll be some slippery lawn moshing :D
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    We saw Audioslave..last year sometime?... at a GA show and they ripped out several RATM songs. OMG the pit was freekin crazy awesome. Got an elbow to the head that ended up as a big bruise - it was great! :) Hopefully they'll be some slippery lawn moshing :D

tape those ankles up maybe. ;)
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    The whole lawn area is gonna be a pit. I can only imagine how freaking fun this is gonna be. It's Alpine Valley expect to have a awesome time. :D Who needs pit tickets. Lawn area will be the place to be. :D

You've got that right!
    GoBucky wrote:
    You've got that right!

I got my ticket yesterday in the mail. :D
    Me too!
    GoBucky wrote:
    Me too!

Having a concert ticket that says Alpine Valley on it makes me so happy. :D hehe
  • Morello guested with DMB when he was opening for them in Europe. Hopefully he sticks around for DMB the next night to sit in on a few. That would be sweet.
    Got my tix yesterday :)

Not a bad summer of concerts, in lieu of Pearl Jam
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    All this pit talk is scaring me! Eeeek. It's going to be awesome though, I can't wait!
    Morello guested with DMB when he was opening for them in Europe. Hopefully he sticks around for DMB the next night to sit in on a few. That would be sweet.

Tenacious, I agree! See you there!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    All this pit talk is scaring me! Eeeek. It's going to be awesome though, I can't wait!

The lawn section is gonna be awesome. I can't wait either. :D
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    The lawn section is gonna be awesome. I can't wait either. :D

So is the pavillion since that's where I'll be. Good week for mail this week. Got my Rage tickets yesterday and my Lolla tickets today!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    pureoc wrote:
    So is the pavillion since that's where I'll be. Good week for mail this week. Got my Rage tickets yesterday and my Lolla tickets today!!

I got my tickets and my PJ box set.

The Lolla tickets were printed off to save the shipping.

Who saw rage at Alpine for the Tibet show? That Pit was pretty crazy and there was no booze at the show.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
    PJPAT wrote:
    I got my tickets and my PJ box set.

The Lolla tickets were printed off to save the shipping.

Who saw rage at Alpine for the Tibet show? That Pit was pretty crazy and there was no booze at the show.

I was out tonight and saw some young kids listening to Rage while they drove by. I thought these are some of the punks that will be at the show this August. Glad I'm in the lawn. That will be enough of a pit for me.

Great week so far for me also. Rage tickets, Gorge box set and some Pj stuff I won on ebay showed up today. :D
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Looks like its sold out. If anyone has extras I'd be interested.
    holtz wrote:
    Looks like its sold out. If anyone has extras I'd be interested.

Lawn seats are still available.

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
    PJPAT wrote:
    Lawn seats are still available.

They weren't this morning...my buddy tried getting one and they were gone.
    GoBucky wrote:
    They weren't this morning...my buddy tried getting one and they were gone.

Wow the Lawn is sold out. I can't wait. :D
  • xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    alpine is probably my favorite venue period.... i always get lawn!
    xscorcho wrote:
    alpine is probably my favorite venue period.... i always get lawn!

This will be my first lawn show at Alpine since the PJ shows in 1998. Alpine in the lawn is always a fun time. :D
    Lawn is available again
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    i'd recommend that people still check ticketmaster frequently. I already had lawn seats, but yesterday I snagged 2 pit tix! I was so surprised/excited when they came up.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    thesheff wrote:
    i'd recommend that people still check ticketmaster frequently. I already had lawn seats, but yesterday I snagged 2 pit tix! I was so surprised/excited when they came up.

really? Niiiiiice! Thanks for the tip. Gonna keep checking!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    thesheff wrote:

The entire lawn section is gonna be a mosh pit. I kinda feel bad for DMB cause he plays the next 2 days after the Rage show. There isn't gonna be any lawn left. hehehe

I'm dam happy with lawn tickets. I haven't been in the lawn at Alpine since 1998 PJ shows.

Good luck to those in the pit up front. I just don't see the point of it. I did it once for a Pantera show back in High school. It was insane fun but these days people just seem to want to hurt people for no reason. And I'm too old for that shit. Having to worry if I'm gonna get hit in the face is not for me. Cause I'd end up beating the shit out of that person. hehehe

I wanna enjoy these 2 bands I've always wanted to see. Ok I'm off my soapbox and going to bed now. :D
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    i just pulled up some pavillion tickets (but didn't buy them because I already have pit ones) so just a heads up for those without tix, or those looking to upgrage
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    so who's gonna be tailgating or whatever? :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • hell I want them to play closer to my home
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Working until noon on that day and then picking up my buddy and heading to Alpine. Were grilling some burgers and brats b4 the madness. :D

And of course having a few drinks while in the wonderfull Alpine parking lot.

FYI- watch out for the undercover cops that walk the parking lots. In case any of you are doing something that is against the law. hehe

FYI- watch out for the undercover cops that walk the parking lots. In case any of you are doing something that is against the law. hehe

What do you mean by that?

hehe