RATM August 24th Alpine Valley

Comments

• PJPAT wrote:
    What do you mean by that?

hehe

Don't say I didn't warn you. hehehe

I have a feeling East Troy cops will be in full force for this show. Have heard many stories from friends about how sneeky the cops are in the parking lot.

Once your inside well by all means...........toke it up. :)
  • Bump for this Friday's show at Alpine. :D
  • I can't go :(. Really bummed, but my girlfriend can't fit it into her schedule and all my buddies who are interested are busy or can't afford it. Suck!

So if anyone needs Pavilion tickets, I have two for sale. Sect. 203, Row MM.

Just want what I paid for them after Ticketmaster charges ($150 for the pair).

Damnit, I might never get to see a show at Alpine :(
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • I can't go :(. Really bummed, but my girlfriend can't fit it into her schedule and all my buddies who are interested are busy or can't afford it. Suck!

So if anyone needs Pavilion tickets, I have two for sale. Sect. 203, Row MM.

Just want what I paid for them after Ticketmaster charges ($150 for the pair).

Damnit, I might never get to see a show at Alpine :(

Pm sent

Next PJ show at Alpine you will be at I know it. :)
  • Pm sent

Next PJ show at Alpine you will be at I know it. :)
    replied!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • replied!

replied to your pm. :)

To everyone else going to the show. Shall we have a cook out b4 the show? :D I'm working until noon on friday and then picking up my buddy and heading to east troy. Post if your going so we see how many of us can meet up. Maybe we can each bring something for our little cook out. :) Brats and burgers I can take care of. Anybody else list what you would want to bring. I'll try to check this out in the next few days. Looking forward to this friday.

So post if your going to the show.
  • replied to your pm. :)

To everyone else going to the show. Shall we have a cook out b4 the show? :D I'm working until noon on friday and then picking up my buddy and heading to east troy. Post if your going so we see how many of us can meet up. Maybe we can each bring something for our little cook out. :) Brats and burgers I can take care of. Anybody else list what you would want to bring. I'll try to check this out in the next few days. Looking forward to this friday.

So post if your going to the show.

So I guess were making a LIST of who's going. hehe

I heard about a couple of lists that were going around recently. LOL

Yes I quoted myself, but I can't edit on the computer I'm on. So I had to do it this way. :D
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    I have an extra pair of reserved seats that I bought off of ebay. i am selling them for the same price I paid. PM me if interested.

thanks.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • So fucking pumped for this!! Proposed to my girlfriend this past weekend and then this weekend taking her to see RATM for the first time. She has listened to them since high school and used to crank it to "rebel" against her parents. Hilarious. Have to love rockin' girls!
    Anyway, buddy is getting married back in St Louis on Saturday, so driving up Thursday night as far as we can make it after working all day, crashing at a hotel, wasting time around the area Friday afternoon and then of course the show, then sadly turning around and driving 6 hours back to St Louis in the middle of the night in time to sleep 4 hours and then off to be groomsman in my friends wedding.
    Makes me tired just typing it but so going to be worth it and I am going to be so tired at the wedding reception, I will finally get to be a cheap drunk!!
    Too old for pit anymore and to fearful of rain so under the pavilion in section 202 XX.
    CANNOT WAIT!!
    Lost and Found...Finally
  • I'm going and I still need a ticket-
    Looking for a Pit ticket if anyone has an extra...

Otherwise I'll be holding a sign...
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I'm going and I still need a ticket-
    Looking for a Pit ticket if anyone has an extra...

Otherwise I'll be holding a sign...

Good Luck!
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Just a heads-up...I just heard that the show is being recorded for possible dvd release. So far Coachella and the two West Coast "Rock the Bells" shows have been recorded as well.
    Alpine is one of the only non-festival shows, and it's sold out, so the band will probably play a longer and more varied set.
    May 05, 1992 -November 26, 1993 -
    November 27, 1993 - November 28, 1993 -
    July 08, 1995 -July 09, 1995 -
    July 11, 1995 - June 26, 1998 -
    June 27, 1998 - October 08, 2000 -
    August 05, 2007
    Just a heads-up...I just heard that the show is being recorded for possible dvd release. So far Coachella and the two West Coast "Rock the Bells" shows have been recorded as well.
    Alpine is one of the only non-festival shows, and it's sold out, so the band will probably play a longer and more varied set.

is there an article somewhere or is this a private source? i can see them releasing a live DVD around winter to get everyone excited about an album/tour next year.
    -

• private source.
    Very recent development.
    You should still tape it, if that's why you are asking.
    I just d/l'd the aud dvd of the Randall's Island show and it wasn't bad.
    Better than nothing for sure considering how historic this will be.
    Not sure if there will be screens at Alpine, but someone show get a camera in and shoot the screens if there are.
    It will look like a pro-shot w/ aud. audio.
    August 05, 2007
    no, thats not the reason. i cant imagine what that place is gonna be like. would be incredible to have an official DVD of it.
    -

• private source.
    Very recent development.
    You should still tape it, if that's why you are asking.
    I just d/l'd the aud dvd of the Randall's Island show and it wasn't bad.
    Better than nothing for sure considering how historic this will be.
    Not sure if there will be screens at Alpine, but someone show get a camera in and shoot the screens if there are.
    It will look like a pro-shot w/ aud. audio.

After all the rain we have received its going to be a big MUD pit!!!
    That will look awesome on video- If I can get into the pit I'll record at least a few songs- I can fit 4-5 on my camera.
    Check out my clips on YouTube I'm listed as Teddyledbetter there too.

Extra Pit ticket anyone??????
  • Two people quit where I work today. Not even sure now if I can make it to show. :(
    Two people quit where I work today. Not even sure now if I can make it to show. :(

That sucks for you man. Concert is at 7 and to miss the QOTSA is not a big deal. You should still be able to make it for Rage.

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    PJPAT wrote:
    That sucks for you man. Concert is at 7 and to miss the QOTSA is not a big deal. You should still be able to make it for Rage.

Uh, to miss Queens would be the biggest deal of all! Not a big deal...are you serious?
    PJPAT wrote:
    Concert is at 7 and to miss the QOTSA is not a big deal.

this is one sad statement.
    -

• I've seen QOTSA at least 7 times in clubs and at festivals and I think they are better on cd than live.
    I just think they are boring, at least in the present lineup. When Nic was in the band things were a little more interesting.
    August 05, 2007
    I've seen QOTSA at least 7 times in clubs and at festivals and I think they are better on cd than live.

quite the opposite. i dont think you can truly appreciate Josh's talent until you see them live. would love to have Lanegan back, but I dont really miss Nick.
    -

• thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    i have tickets for the pit. i'm kind of scared for my life, but knowing how close i will be makes me feel a bit better
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Told my boss today sorry that 2 people quit. But I'm going to see Rage this Friday nite. :)

With all the rain we have been getting the past few days. The lawn will be one big mud hill. :D

I might be in the pit as well. Got a message from my buddy today with good news. :D
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Can't wait. This show is going to be very memorable. I'm glad I've got pavillion as the hill is gonna be a giant mud slide. Good luck to those in the mud.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • If they had Tool with them like the old days I would go crazy. I wish I could go that's a little to far of a drive though I'll just wait for a new album!!!
  • pureoc wrote:
    Can't wait. This show is going to be very memorable. I'm glad I've got pavillion as the hill is gonna be a giant mud slide. Good luck to those in the mud.

It's Alpine Valley you and I and many others know what kick ass venue it is. What a show for somebody that has never been to the BEST midwest venue in the land. Memorable indeed it will be. :D
    GoBucky wrote:
    Uh, to miss Queens would be the biggest deal of all! Not a big deal...are you serious?

I did not mean it to come out that way but it is true that I am going to this show whoever was the opening band.

I do not have any QOTSA music but do like them when I here them. They opened for NIN and enjoyed that. I am just hyped on Rage and was just saying if the guy had to work because some guys quit he could still make it to see the headliner.

I hope I didn't uppset any QOTSA diehards.
    Peace

• :D bummmmp