RATM August 24th Alpine Valley

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Tickets go on sale June 16th. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always envisioned my first Alpine Show to be PJ, but I'll take Rage anytime! :D:D:D

any word on ticket prices?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always envisioned my first Alpine Show to be PJ, but I'll take Rage anytime! :D:D:D

any word on ticket prices?

No word on prices yet. Local radio station just reported the date of show and ticket sale. Keep your ears open.
  • rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
    I don't know where you got your info but it's not on the Alpine Valley or the Rage website...I think it's all a rumor like it says on this website. I'm praying that it happens eventually though.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1561813/20070606/rage_against_the_machine.jhtml
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
    rizzdaddy wrote:
    I don't know where you got your info but it's not on the Alpine Valley or the Rage website...I think it's all a rumor like it says on this website. I'm praying that it happens eventually though.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1561813/20070606/rage_against_the_machine.jhtml

Nothing is ever sure yep a rumor but I hope this one is right. :D
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Not cool to spread rumors like this. I really got my hopes up for a minute. I guess we'll see what it counts down to in less than 3 days.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • http://www.ratm82407.com/

One timer is for the date of the show-
    The other is for the official news that they are playing the 24th of August at Alpine Valley!
    First 10 rows are going to be a GA PIT.

Only Headliner in the Midwest- QOTSA are slated to open.
    gleemonex wrote:
    Not cool to spread rumors like this. I really got my hopes up for a minute. I guess we'll see what it counts down to in less than 3 days.

Keep your hopes up high for a Alpine announcement. :D
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I just heard about the Concert on 94.1 JJO and it's on the livenation site and ratm site. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, 6/16. $60 for reserved and lawn.

Damn, too many decisions and too many concerts this summer.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    This is gonna be sweet. Really hoping I can get tickets. I'll be on right away at 10 tomorrow. Only going for 2 so really hoping for pavillion. How quick do you think this is gonna sell out?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • pureoc wrote:
    This is gonna be sweet. Really hoping I can get tickets. I'll be on right away at 10 tomorrow. Only going for 2 so really hoping for pavillion. How quick do you think this is gonna sell out?
    Same here, just going for two. I can't believe I couldn't rope more buddies into wanting to go...it's Rage Against the Machine for fuck's sake.

Good luck to everyone! Same a couple Pavillion seats for me :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Make sure you get pavillion tickets if you see them. I saw them twice on their Evil Empire tour, once at the Aragon in Chicago and the second time at Tinley Park. Needless to say that the Aragon show kicked ass, because it was in a indoor venue. The Tinley Park show was great for me because the sound was good in the pavillion, but my friends out on the lawn said the "magic" didn't really travel out there. Seeing that Alpine is a hell of a lot bigger that could be an issue. BUT there might be more moshing out in the lawn since you can move around more, so it could be a good thing if you like that sort of stuff =)
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    jamestr wrote:
    I just heard about the Concert on 94.1 JJO and it's on the livenation site and ratm site. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, 6/16. $60 for reserved and lawn.

Damn, too many decisions and too many concerts this summer.

I'll take this show over PJ at Lolla. :D
  • I'll take this show over PJ at Lolla. :D
    I refuse to choose...both for me please! :D

• ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    patrickredeyes.. I'm drunk. I just had to correct the spelling in this sentence about 15 times... If you don't msg me like RIGHT A-WAY I'll have to make a thread to get your attention, damnit!

Think Jager-pump!

Bleh. Call my home phone.

Sorry to anyone who thinks we're having an affair.. (Marty)

PeaCe!
    Just me
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I'll take this show over PJ at Lolla. :D

Oh, and FUCK THAT!
    Just me
    I refuse to choose...both for me please! :D

Well I had to choose and happy with my choice. :) Seeing two bands I've never seen and have always wanted too. Alpine Vallley will never be the same after this show. :D Except when PJ comes back :D
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    http://www.ratm82407.com/

One timer is for the date of the show-
    The other is for the official news that they are playing the 24th of August at Alpine Valley!
    First 10 rows are going to be a GA PIT.

Only Headliner in the Midwest- QOTSA are slated to open.

where's the info on the 1st 10 rows being a GA Pit?? If so - I'm in it!

Josh Homme. Yum...
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    ew waiting!!!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
    waiting also 11mins
  • 203, row MM

hey, i'll take it! see ya there!

203, row MM

hey, i'll take it! see ya there!

congrats on getting in. Lets hope we all do that are trying. :)
  • congrats on getting in. Lets hope we all do that are trying. :)
    good luck!

I had two computers going, and those were the only Pavillion tickets I pulled, the rest were Lawn.

• by the way, they're like $75 after charges. ouch.

• PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I had lawn come up and tried again for seats.

$72 a ticket.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • PJPAT wrote:
    I had lawn come up and tried again for seats.

$72 a ticket.
    so do you think these are really in that high of demand, or is ticketbastard holding some great seats and selling Lawn first?

probably both is my guess.

• PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    so do you think these are really in that high of demand, or is ticketbastard holding some great seats and selling Lawn first?

probably both is my guess.

Both. Lawn should have a different price than seats though. That is a lot to sit at the top of that lawn. I will get them if I have to though.

$12 conveinience charge.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    It's Alpine...the lawn is the place to be! Cant wait to see the Queens again!
    GoBucky wrote:
    It's Alpine...the lawn is the place to be! Cant wait to see the Queens again!

I haven't been in the lawn since both PJ 1998 shows at Alpine. :D
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Got pavillion. Sec. 201 row ZZ, 4th to the last row, but it's pavillioin so I'm pumped. I'm glad I have pavillion so I can party/ tailgate longer in the parking lot and not have to worry about getting in early to get a half way decent seat. See you all there. "You got a bullet in your head"
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    I got lawn tickets. It will do just fine. :D

Now off to work in a buliding with no a/c. Who cares I'm going to see two kick ass bands. Enjoy your weekend everyone. :D