RATM August 24th Alpine Valley

Comments

• Those also going to the show tonight bring your rain gear. :D hehehe

262-642-4400 and press 0 to talk to someone at Alpine front office if you have questions. Rain poncho sounds like a good idea. No umbrellas are allowed inside I believe. Theory of a Dead Man opens up the show. Parking lot gates open at 2 or 3pm. Check on that my friend may have been wrong.

Can't wait :D
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Those also going to the show tonight bring your rain gear. :D hehehe

262-642-4400 and press 0 to talk to someone at Alpine front office if you have questions. Rain poncho sounds like a good idea. No umbrellas are allowed inside I believe. Theory of a Dead Man opens up the show. Parking lot gates open at 2 or 3pm. Check on that my friend may have been wrong.

Can't wait :D

Nice, so Queens won't go on right at 7 them? More time in the parking lot!
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    TODAY!

So there's another band before QofSA? Wow, this is going to be a late show and a late night. And we're going to be soaked and covered in Mud.

Oh, has anyone seen a setlist from anything else they played? I'm interested to see how long, how many songs, and what they're playing.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    Theory of a Dead Man opens up the show.

that sucks. that means a 60 min set from Queens and 80 from Rage. Too short, IMO.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    that sucks. that means a 60 min set from Queens and 80 from Rage. Too short, IMO.

90 min from RATM.
    60min from QOTSA

BTW - there are 3 video screens for the lawn at Alpine so you won't be completely screwed if you are sitting up there.
    May 05, 1992 -November 26, 1993 -
    November 27, 1993 - November 28, 1993 -
    July 08, 1995 -July 09, 1995 -
    July 11, 1995 - June 26, 1998 -
    June 27, 1998 - October 08, 2000 -
    August 05, 2007
    Theory of a Dead Man opens up the show.

I don't see this anywhere. Not on Live Nation, not in Pollstar.
    jamestr wrote:

not even on the band's official site.
    -

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Today it is!!! Good luck to those on the mud (lawn) in the rain. I'm damn glad I'll be in the pavillion. This is gonna be one hell of a show. I can't wait to finally go back to a show at Alpine!!

A work buddy of mine used to work for Alpine Valley back in the day when he was in college and said that during the Tibetan Freedom Concert during Rage was one of the coolest things he's ever seen. He said during "Bulls on Parade" the entire crowd of 40,000 was jumping in unison, and it felt like a mini-earthquake. I'm hoping to experience something like that tonight!!!

"Just victim's of the in house drive by"
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    FYI, there's lawn tickets available if you don't have any on ticketmaster.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Today it is!!! Good luck to those on the mud (lawn) in the rain. I'm damn glad I'll be in the pavillion. This is gonna be one hell of a show. I can't wait to finally go back to a show at Alpine!!

A work buddy of mine used to work for Alpine Valley back in the day when he was in college and said that during the Tibetan Freedom Concert during Rage was one of the coolest things he's ever seen. He said during "Bulls on Parade" the entire crowd of 40,000 was jumping in unison, and it felt like a mini-earthquake. I'm hoping to experience something like that tonight!!!

"Just victim's of the in house drive by"

you have no idea what youre in for! you'll never look at live music the same way. seen them 3 times, including that TFC. i worry about anyone in the pit. pavillion will be the only semi-safe place tonight!

PS: dont miss Queens!
    -

lowlight10 wrote:
    you have no idea what youre in for! you'll never look at live music the same way. seen them 3 times, including that TFC. i worry about anyone in the pit. pavillion will be the only semi-safe place tonight!

PS: dont miss Queens!

Can't wait. Don't worry I won't miss Queens. Since them twice and they're pretty damn good!!
  • jamestr wrote:

http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&Band_Show_ID=18694942&friendid=50086544

I found it there, about Theory of a Dead Man opening up. Maybe That is wrong, will see. Got a busy singnal when I called the number I listed. Anybody know for sure what time the parking lots will open?

I'm so glad to be going back to Alpine. :D

Just got home from work and getting ready to go in a while. :)
    Heading out the door to meet my friends at our campsite, then off to Alpine!!!
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    *CRIES* all the cool kids are at alpine tonite and i'm NOT *SOB*
    have fun guys and girls
    should be one heckuva show
    someone NOT LAURA slide in some mud for me :D
    see many of yas tomorrow nite
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Got there later but just in time for the Rage part of the show. FUCKING AWESOME!!! I was able to get seats and was dead center with a friend of mine. Away a little bit from the mosh pit but very fun to watch. Zach's rant on president Bush was so powerful and a great moment, one of many tonight. ''One for the books for Alpine tonight'' as somebody told me after the show. hehe :D

I'm way too tired and and have no voice at the moment. :)

I just love Alpine Valley. Tonight was proof again how much Alpine kicks ass. My favorite place to see a show period.

Hope everyone got home safe. :D
    Absolutley unbelievable show!! I was just blown away by how awesome it was. During the fast/ hard parts of Killing in the Name and Bullet in your Head, to see the entire crowd of 40,000 people jumping screaming in unison, from the front to the back, old and young alike, was an experience I'll never, ever forget. Glad I had pavillion, those in the pit, it looked like it was insane. I think we need to give ourselves a round of an applause, cause that was hands down the best crowd I've seen at a concert in the 100+ shows I've been to and it wasn't even close.

Pearl Jam is my favorite live band, obviously a little bias, but I can honestly say Rage can hold a candle to them and is in there realm of live bands. Just amazing. Yeah they only played for about 1 hour and 20 - 25 minutes I believe but it felt like 2+ cause it was that intense and in your face. Loved the Bush rant!! Loved seeing all the cameras filming, wishfull thinking of a DVD for this show!!

Only negative was the idiots running the parking lot. I've been to many shows at Alpine and never remember this happening. Sorry if I sound like a nagging bitch but parking cars three deep is unacceptable. There is no need to park cars in there. Of course I got stuck being parked in and saw it coming and raised a little hell with the 16 year old parking attendant. Like I said bullshit. NOthing did happen, but if there was some sort of an emergency it would have been really inconvienient to have no way of leaving. A little common sense is all I'm asking. I knew it would take awhile to get it, but props to anyone who helped push my car through the mud when I got stuck. Unbelieveable time and a great, great show!!!
  • pureoc wrote:
    Absolutley unbelievable show!! I was just blown away by how awesome it was. During the fast/ hard parts of Killing in the Name and Bullet in your Head, to see the entire crowd of 40,000 people jumping screaming in unison, from the front to the back, old and young alike, was an experience I'll never, ever forget. Glad I had pavillion, those in the pit, it looked like it was insane. I think we need to give ourselves a round of an applause, cause that was hands down the best crowd I've seen at a concert in the 100+ shows I've been to and it wasn't even close.

Pearl Jam is my favorite live band, obviously a little bias, but I can honestly say Rage can hold a candle to them and is in there realm of live bands. Just amazing. Yeah they only played for about 1 hour and 20 - 25 minutes I believe but it felt like 2+ cause it was that intense and in your face. Loved the Bush rant!! Loved seeing all the cameras filming, wishfull thinking of a DVD for this show!!

Only negative was the idiots running the parking lot. I've been to many shows at Alpine and never remember this happening. Sorry if I sound like a nagging bitch but parking cars three deep is unacceptable. There is no need to park cars in there. Of course I got stuck being parked in and saw it coming and raised a little hell with the 16 year old parking attendant. Like I said bullshit. NOthing did happen, but if there was some sort of an emergency it would have been really inconvienient to have no way of leaving. A little common sense is all I'm asking. I knew it would take awhile to get it, but props to anyone who helped push my car through the mud when I got stuck. Unbelieveable time and a great, great show!!!

Yea the parking lot scene was bad. Worst I've ever seen it there. You can't really blame the kids who were working the lots. They are all new and have never done this b4. They have 2 more nites ahead of them with DMB playing next. I feel for them cause I worked Alpine yrs ago. It's a fucking crazy scene. Glad you got out of the mud. I was able to get out pretty fast. The trick is to get on the side roads of the lots. Those move faster then the roads in the middle. That was almost as good as when PJ played there in 2003.
    Yea the parking lot scene was bad. Worst I've ever seen it there. You can't really blame the kids who were working the lots. They are all new and have never done this b4. They have 2 more nites ahead of them with DMB playing next. I feel for them cause I worked Alpine yrs ago. It's a fucking crazy scene. Glad you got out of the mud. I was able to get out pretty fast. The trick is to get on the side roads of the lots. Those move faster then the roads in the middle. That was almost as good as when PJ played there in 2003.

I knew it would be bad getting out, I expcet it, and I knew it was gonna be muddy too. The only thing that got me was parking cars three deep, didn't really see the point of it, that's all. Awesome time, great show, never seen a crowd rock so hard in my life!!!
    i've put up a couple of clips on youtube. you can find them with my ID (lowlight10). a few more are coming.

Testify: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcA2sS5h02A

as far as the PJ comparison goes, no comparison. rage is the most high-energy band out there, and they are VERY tight, but they dont have the musical ability to play different songs every night or pull out something randomly. its easy to be tight when you play the same songs every tour. Zach is incredible. but its a totally different typw of live band than PJ.
    -

• lowlight10 wrote:
    i've put up a couple of clips on youtube. you can find them with my ID (lowlight10). a few more are coming.

Testify: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcA2sS5h02A

as far as the PJ comparison goes, no comparison. rage is the most high-energy band out there, and they are VERY tight, but they dont have the musical ability to play different songs every night or pull out something randomly. its easy to be tight when you play the same songs every tour. Zach is incredible. but its a totally different typw of live band than PJ.

Great video, along with the other ones people have posted. :D

When PJ played Alpine in 2003 that place rocked just as much as Rage rocked it last nite. The crowds for both shows were awesome. :)
  • Do you think there is any chance there will be bootleg copy of this?
    -

• The Bush rant......loved it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987WO_G5nRg

And Zach you weren't playing Chicago. hehehe :D
    And Zach you weren't playing Chicago. hehehe :D

yeah, but we loved it!

did you notice Tom's shirt during the encore? thats where I went to high school. i still see his mom around here once in a while.
    -

• lowlight10 wrote:
    yeah, but we loved it!

did you notice Tom's shirt during the encore? thats where I went to high school. i still see his mom around here once in a while.

I love Alpine for many reasons. It's such a melting pot of fans from all over that show up for shows there. :D
  • thesheffthesheff Posts: 59
    I was in the pit. Dead center of the stage, but at the back of the pit. I have a big read mack on my back from where I kept getting slammed into the metal bar behind me. I also have a bunch of bruises on my forearms and legs, but it was definately worth it.

For the second half, I realized there was a little ledge right in front of the rail, so I stood on that and basically had the best seats in the house. I was above the pit, with nobody blocking my view of the stage. It was amazing (plus I didn't get slammed into quite as much.

The people in the pit around me were pretty sweet, we looked out for each other. There were also a couple of girls by where I was and they did alright. Good job them.

My friend decided to brave the pit and said he made it up to the second row at some point, but he couldn't stay up there too long.

On the way out, I wiped out down one of the smaller hills and was covered with mud from head to toe.

Parking lot sucked. We got to our car around 11:15 but didnt get out until 1. I got back to my house at 3:15, and had to wake up at 6:15 for work.

It was definately worth it though.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Incredible show!

here's my pics -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamestr68/sets/72157601650755452/

and here's some short videos -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jamestr

One buddy and I started out on the lawn, er, I mean mud. Once that opening band started it turned into a mud fight with the people in the seats and those that walked by getting hit by the people on the rail. Security didn't seem to mind at all. As the lawn got worse. More wet, more slippery, and more muddy, my buddy and I went to find our friends over on Deck 2.

It was great place to watch the show. Awesome show. Full of energy from start to end.

It took us until sometime after 1 to also get out of the parking lot. That scene was messed up. I feel sorry for anyone going to DMB. Alpine is going to be a mess both parking and sitting and the lawn, well it'll just be mud. But it made for some good sliding by many fans.
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    yeah, but we loved it!

I went to Libertyville too... what year did you graduate? At the rage/wu-tang show in '97 (I had to go check the ticket stub to remember the year) at the World.. we were lucky enough to get 2nd row seats. One of my friends threw a LHS shirt on stage and Morello had it on back stage after the concert.

Yesterday a buddy of mine called me up and was like "I'm sitting right next to Morello at picnic basket right now."
  • jamestr wrote:
    Incredible show!

here's my pics -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamestr68/sets/72157601650755452/

and here's some short videos -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jamestr

One buddy and I started out on the lawn, er, I mean mud. Once that opening band started it turned into a mud fight with the people in the seats and those that walked by getting hit by the people on the rail. Security didn't seem to mind at all. As the lawn got worse. More wet, more slippery, and more muddy, my buddy and I went to find our friends over on Deck 2.

It was great place to watch the show. Awesome show. Full of energy from start to end.

It took us until sometime after 1 to also get out of the parking lot. That scene was messed up. I feel sorry for anyone going to DMB. Alpine is going to be a mess both parking and sitting and the lawn, well it'll just be mud. But it made for some good sliding by many fans.

Great pictures and video. :D
  • great job on the pics and the vids!
    It was an epic show. I had a blast and can't really pick out one moment that was better than another.
    Seeing Tom's Mom intro the band was killer, and the energy throughout the show was insane.
    May have only been 90min, but it was a balls out 90min.

Ok, the best moment for me was at the very end after "Killing..." when all the guys lined up on stage, bowed and then HUGGED each other!
    I've seen other RATM shows and I've NEVER seen them do that. Tells me we might have more RAGE in our future.
    May 05, 1992 -November 26, 1993 -
    November 27, 1993 - November 28, 1993 -
    July 08, 1995 -July 09, 1995 -
    July 11, 1995 - June 26, 1998 -
    June 27, 1998 - October 08, 2000 -
    August 05, 2007