RATM August 24th Alpine Valley

Comments

• jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    I got lawn. I had two computers going and tried for reserved first and didn't get any. That came back by 10:20, and I was trying at 10:00 AM. Oh well, I'm going and that's what counts.
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    I got lawn too.

Another $5 order processing fee at the end. You got to love it.

Glad to be able to see Rage again at Alpine.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Got lawn also.

I hate ticketbastard!

Oh well.. my first Alpine show :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Lawn as well. my buddy and i were both on the phone and a computer and lawn was the best we could get but i don't give a shit where i sit. 72 bucks is not a problem with me considering the fact that both bands will be pheonomenal. I'm pumped!
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    I'm still gonna try to find pit tix, but lawn will be cool if not :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    It's nice to see all the people with lawn tix...it's going to be crazy! I'll see you guys in the parking lot!
    GoBucky wrote:
    It's nice to see all the people with lawn tix...it's going to be crazy! I'll see you guys in the parking lot!

so how early do people start tailgating? and what are you allowed to bring into the parking lot? we're gonna have an awesome crowd :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    People start lining up before the gates open...the parking lot makes Alpine what it is...you can bring whatever you want, grills, coolers, kegs...it's the best!
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    so how early do people start tailgating? and what are you allowed to bring into the parking lot? we're gonna have an awesome crowd :D

I think the lot opened at 2pm when PJ was there on 03. Rules may have changed since then.

It is the best place to tailgait. Bring whatever you want. (except weapons and explosives of course)

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
    PJPAT wrote:
    I think the lot opened at 2pm when PJ was there on 03. Rules may have changed since then.

It is the best place to tailgait. Bring whatever you want. (except weapons and explosives of course)

Damn! Guess I'll have to leave my AK47 and dynamite at home that day and bring a tent and some coolers instead :D

*edit*
    how hot does it get there? Lolla hot? Gorge '06 hot? Flames of Hades hot?
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Damn! Guess I'll have to leave my AK47 and dynamite at home that day and bring a tent and some coolers instead :D

*edit*
    how hot does it get there? Lolla hot? Gorge '06 hot? Flames of Hades hot?

It can be hot but it also can be very cold (ice bowl)

But late aug I would say hot. Bring ice.

• pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    so how easy is it to get some herb in the place.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    pjfan020 wrote:
    so how easy is it to get some herb in the place.

Very easy, just watch out for the under cover cops that walk the parking lot. If you do it out in the open you could get caught. Out of sight out of mind. :)
    GoBucky wrote:

Yep see you there. :D
  • IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
    Speaking of cops, how bad are they in and outside of the venue? I'll be going with someone who's 20 and would hate to have our experienced ruined by some narc. In Ohio you can't tailgate anywhere except for an OSU game.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    IGotShit24 wrote:
    Speaking of cops, how bad are they in and outside of the venue? I'll be going with someone who's 20 and would hate to have our experienced ruined by some narc. In Ohio you can't tailgate anywhere except for an OSU game.

You can tailgate at Alpine, I've only been there twice, PJ '00 and '03, but never had a problem with security/cops. Just don't be stupid about it and you'll be fine.
    IGotShit24 wrote:

It's a rule at Alpine you must tailgate. :D
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    It's a rule at Alpine you must tailgate. :D

Agreed. It's your loss, and a HUGE loss, if you don't!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Agreed. It's your loss, and a HUGE loss, if you don't!!!

word :D hehe
    IGotShit24 wrote:

The cops have gotten worse through the years there, but if you don't act like an animal, you'll be ok.
  • luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i am seriously debating whether or not i want dish out THAT much cash for a lawn spot
    bcause there are still lawn tix available
    did anyone get seats or the GA pit???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    luvistower wrote:
    i am seriously debating whether or not i want dish out THAT much cash for a lawn spot

I got one pair of seats and bought 2 others off of ebay. I might put extras up for sale here once I decide which ones to keep. I got AA, QQ and TT.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
    luvistower wrote:

I *wish*!! Those were the tickets I wanted, but got lawn instead. Those suckas sold out in like 2 seconds
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • luvistower wrote:
    I got section 203, row MM. Seems like I'm one of the few lucky ones.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    luvistower wrote:

Oh just do it. :D
  • luvistower wrote:
    If I were you I would just check everyday for tickets, maybe some Pavillion seats will pop up. Especially check once the show approaches...I don't think you have to worry about the Lawn selling out anytime soon.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    GoBucky wrote:
    The cops have gotten worse through the years there, but if you don't act like an animal, you'll be ok.

I'm sure they will be out in full force for this show.
    If I were you I would just check everyday for tickets, maybe some Pavillion seats will pop up. Especially check once the show approaches...I don't think you have to worry about the Lawn selling out anytime soon.

I was bummed when I got lawn tickets. But after thinking about it. It's gonna be a great time in the lawn at Alpine. :D
  • I was bummed when I got lawn tickets. But after thinking about it. It's gonna be a great time in the lawn at Alpine. :D
    I'm stoked to finally see a show there! I expect to have a good time :D

I'm stoked to finally see a show there! I expect to have a good time :D

The whole lawn area is gonna be a pit. I can only imagine how freaking fun this is gonna be. It's Alpine Valley expect to have a awesome time. :D Who needs pit tickets. Lawn area will be the place to be. :D