U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I gotta say, you guys really have the funniest paper out there in the NyPost. Big fan. Better, funnier headlines and wittier writing than we have with the Herald.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Happy Birthday to the keeper of the big beat, the Mighty Mighty Maximzer
    Max Weinberg.
    Enjoy your new job with Consey, too .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    London Calling DVD due June 22

Today's press release:

COLUMBIA RECORDS TO RELEASE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND'S 'LONDON CALLING: LIVE IN HYDE PARK' CONCERT FILM ON JUNE 22

RELEASE MARKS FIRST SPRINGSTEEN OUTDOOR CONCERT FILM AND FIRST FROM A FESTIVAL SETTING

On June 22, Columbia Records will release Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band's London Calling: Live In Hyde Park concert film on one Blu-Ray disc and as a two DVD set. Captured in London at the Hard Rock Calling Festival on June 28, 2009 in HD, the 163-minute film documents 26 tracks of live Springsteen that begin in daylight and progress through a gorgeous sunset
    into night.

London Calling: Live In Hyde Parkconveys both the experience of being on-stage and the vast crowd experience of the festival environment. Viewers are able to see Springsteen spontaneously directing the E Street Band and shaping the show as it evolves.

The set list spans from Born to Run era to Working on a Dream and includes rare covers such as The Clash's "London Calling," Jimmy Cliff's "Trapped," The Young Rascals' "Good Lovin'," and Eddie Floyd's "Raise Your Hand." Springsteen also performs fan favorite "Hard Times (Come Again No More)," written by Stephen Foster in 1854. Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem joins the band as a guest vocalist on Springsteen's own "No Surrender."

The concert earned rave reviews. The London Times called it "epic" and "a revved-up three-hour power drive through Springsteen's America." The Independent concurred, "He awed the 50,000-strong crowd... Drenched in sweat by the second number, tossing his guitars to the roadies with the vigour of
    a frontman a third of his age and jogging down a walkway to meet his fans and take their requests, Springsteen's intensity was staggering from first powerful vocal to final thrashed-out chord."

GRAMMY and Emmy Award-winning producer and editor Thom Zimny and director Chris Hilson, both members of Springsteen's video team dating back over a decade, oversaw the film. Audio was mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

Bonus material includes stunning footage of "The River" from Glastonbury, June 27; and the full music video for "Wrecking Ball," filmed at New Jersey's Giants Stadium.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND
    LONDON CALLING: LIVE IN HYDE PARK

1. London Calling
    2. Badlands
    3. Night
    4. She's the One
    5. Outlaw Pete
    6. Out in the Street
    7. Working on a Dream
    8. Seeds
    9. Johnny 99
    10. Youngstown
    11. Good Lovin'
    12. Bobby Jean
    13. Trapped
    14. No Surrender
    15. Waiting on a Sunny Day
    16. Promised Land
    17. Racing in the Street
    18. Radio Nowhere
    19. Lonesome Day
    20. The Rising
    21. Born to Run
    22. Hard Times (Come Again No More)
    23. Jungleland
    24. American Land
    25. Glory Days
    26. Dancing in the Dark
    27. Music under end credit sequence: Raise Your Hand

BONUS MATERIAL:
    The River: Glastonbury Festival, 2009
    Wrecking Ball: Giants Stadium, 2009
    platessmall.jpg
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Bout time!!! Though I was at that London show, I was really hoping for a Giants Stadium DVD. Now it looks like it'll never get released this year. Oh well, at least we got the Darkness box set.
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    I was at that show, was my first Springsteen concert, and I thought it was incredible.

Bit miffed they seem to have omitted Rosalita, though... :?
    DavieB wrote:
    I was at that show, was my first Springsteen concert, and I thought it was incredible.

Lotta people said Bruce's voice was shot, but I thought it was great. It was not like he couldn't sing at all. Night followed by She's The One was amazing.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I've got some things in my cart on Amazon.com but was waiting/looking for something else to order so I could get the free shipping.....here it is!
    DavieB wrote:

i think thats only for the North East Stateside only.
    :lol:

KevDylan wrote:
    Bout time!!! Though I was at that London show, I was really hoping for a Giants Stadium DVD. Now it looks like it'll never get released this year. Oh well, at least we got the Darkness box set.

At least theyre including that snippet from Giants,
    Maybe there will be a hidden easter egg on the DVD with more stuff....
    platessmall.jpg
    Pre-ordered mine from amazon! It's pretty cheap now.
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    KevDylan wrote:
    DavieB wrote:

Lotta people said Bruce's voice was shot, but I thought it was great. It was not like he couldn't sing at all. Night followed by She's The One was amazing.

I can't say I noticed either!

I went to see Neil Young the night before, went back to my hotel room, watched Bruce at Glastonbury (got myself totally psyched up!!!!) and thought his performance the next day was even better than that.

I went over to the Backstreets (Springsteen fansite) forum yesterday, and was totally disgusted by the amount of negativity about this release over there. It's absolutely shocking, I don't think I'll bother going back.

Makes you appreciate the "TOUR DATES?!?!?!?!??!!" posts over here a bit more, when that's all we really seem to complain about... :lol:
    http://www.ellisisland.org/genealogy/20 ... pients.asp

THE 9TH ANNUAL ELLIS ISLAND FAMILY HERITAGE AWARDS
    A Celebration of the American Dream
    Thursday, April 22, 2010
    11 A.M. Great Hall, Ellis Island Immigration Museum

The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation presents the Ellis Island Family Heritage Awards to celebrate the Golden Door to America for the 17 million immigrants who came to this country through the Port of New York and Ellis Island. The B.C. Forbes Peopling of America® Award, sponsored by the Forbes Family, honors the lives of immigrants who arrived at another time or through another port of entry. Annually, the Foundation chooses a select number of these immigrants or their descendants and celebrates the major contributions they have made to this "Nation of Immigrants."

Honoring:

ENTERTAINMENT
    Bruce Springsteen — His recording career spans more than thirty years, beginning with 1973's Columbia Records release 'Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ.' He has released twenty-four albums, garnered nineteen Grammy Awards, won an Oscar, has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and is a 2009 recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors. His maternal grandfather Antonio Zerilli immigrated to America through Ellis Island from Italy in 1900.
    platessmall.jpg
    ^^^^
    That's pretty cool
    I saw pictures of him with his Mom and Aunts accepting the award on Yahoo - she must be so proud

seeing him & his Mom dance together onstage in Philly was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen
    TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION
    Just a month and a half after our April 1 goofing around had Springsteen and Lady Gaga performing together, fantasy became reality last night. At Carnegie Hall for Sting and Trudie Styler's annual Rainforest Foundation benefit, Bruce shared the stage with Ms. Gaga, (as well as Elton John, Sting, Debby Harry, Shirley Bassey, and eventually, a troupe of jockey shorts-clad male dancers) for Journey’s "Don't Stop Believin'." (No kidding — remember, this is the same anything-goes event where Bruce played "I'm Turning Into Elvis" back in 1995.) For all the surreality, it's cool to see the Boss holding it all together, singing the "payin' anything to roll the dice just one more time" line, and taking that solo at the end.

newsRainforest.jpg

And that ain't the half of it. After Sting introduced Springsteen as a surprise guest toward the end of the night, Bruce performed a radically reworked "Dancing in the Dark" followed by — believe it! — Bryan Adams' "Cuts Like a Knife." Of the latter, the New York Daily News' Jim Farber writes that Springsteen "turned it from a toy-rock bauble into a Solomon Burke-like slice of soul." "Don't Stop Believin'" came next as the night's grand finale (see video above) — how could anyone follow that?
    platessmall.jpg
    time for The Boss to come and rescue me from my post pearl jam depression.

where are you boss and what are you up to ?
    platessmall.jpg
    At least we got a live DVD coming our way next month. 8-)
    KevDylan wrote:

Yes! and I'm spending my b-day at the Springsteen Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Exhibit in July! :D
    peacegirl wrote:
    KevDylan wrote:

Yes! and I'm spending my b-day at the Springsteen Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Exhibit in July! :D

Happy Birthday and please, show us lots of pictures !
    platessmall.jpg
    CATCH LONDON CALLING ON THE SILVER SCREEN
    As they have before with Springsteen's concert films, Emerging Pictures are providing fans the opportunity to see the new London Calling: Live in Hyde Park on the big screen in advance of its June 22 DVD release date. A 90-minute version of the film will be showing at art house cinemas around the U.S. (and, appropriately enough, in London). In the case of non-profit theaters, the screenings will benefit the venues themselves; otherwise, box office proceeds will go to the Danny Fund/Melanoma Research Alliance.

Emerging Pictures' Barry Rebo (you've seen his own archival footage of Bruce in the Wings For Wheels documentary) says: "Needless to say we're thrilled — speaking for both Emerging and our venue partners — to be able to offer support for a diverse group of community-based cultural venues as well as promote added awareness of The Danny Fund and the Melanoma Research Alliance’s important work, and appreciate the help of Bruce Springsteen, Landau Management, and Sony Music.... With the warm weather just now coming on, it's especially timely to warn folks about the dangers of the sun. For sheer joyousness, an outdoor Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band experience is perfection."

The currently scheduled screenings:

Thursday, 6/10/10
    Pickford Film Center - Bellingham, WA
    Ambler Theatre - Ambler, PA
    Catamount Arts Center - St. Johnsbury, VT

Friday, 6/11/10
    Little Theatre - Rochester, NY
    Theatre N – Wilmington, DE
    Beach Theater – St. Pete’s Beach, FL

Saturday, 6/12/10
    Jane Pickens Theatre - Newport, RI
    Cinema Paradiso - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Theatre N – Wilmington, DE
    Mos Art - Lake Park, FL
    Lake Worth Playhouse - Lake Worth, FL
    Atlas - Washington, DC

Tuesday, 6/15/10
    Jane Pickens Theatre - Newport, RI

Wednesday, 6/16/10
    Michael D. Palm Theatre - Telluride, CO
    Detroit Institute of Arts – Detroit, MI
    Curzon Soho - London, UK
    HMV Curzon Wimbledon - London, UK

Thursday, 6/17/10
    Robinson Film Center - Shreveport, LA
    Circle Cinema - Tulsa, OK
    Cedar Lee Theatre (Cleveland Cinemas) - Cleveland Heights, OH
    Apollo Theatre - Oberlin, OH
    Bryn Mawr Film Institute - Bryn Mawr, PA
    City Winery – NY, NY
    Atlas - Washington, DC
    Proctors Theatre - Schenectady, NY
    County Theatre - Doylestown, PA

Friday, 6/18/10
    Indian Lake Theater, Inc. - Indian Lake, NY
    City Winery – NY, NY
    Beach Theater – St. Pete’s Beach, FL
    Mos Art - Lake Park, FL
    Murdock Theatre - Wichita, KA

Saturday, 6/19/10
    City Winery – NY, NY
    Indian Lake Theater, Inc. - Indian Lake, NY
    Mos Art - Lake Park, FL
    Proctors Theatre - Schenectady, NY
    Frontier Café - Brunswick, ME

Sunday, 6/20/10
    Parrish Art Museum - Southampton, NY

Tuesday, 6/22/10
    Michael D. Palm Theatre - Telluride, CO

Friday, 7/2/10
    Athens Theatre - Deland, FL

Watch this list for updates.
    - May 27, 2010
    platessmall.jpg
    Did any of you guys pre-order (with the t-shirt and poster) from the main site?
    The preview of Glory Days and Out In The Street looks awesome.
    KevDylan wrote:
    Did any of you guys pre-order (with the t-shirt and poster) from the main site?
    The preview of Glory Days and Out In The Street looks awesome.

i broke down and got this
    :idea:
    the limited edition poster is what pushed me off the fence.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg
    newsLondonEmerging.jpg

anyone attending the big silver screen viewing of London Calling ?

I did this for The Seeger Sessions viewing in Manhattan .
    It was held at a little tiny Landmark Theatre in manhattan .
    It was cool seeing / hearing the Band on the big screen.

& this weekend is Bruce Springsteen weekend at the Hall of Fame .

wish i could hop on a plane to cleveland for the festivites.

SPRINGSTEEN WEEKEND KICKS OFF FRIDAY AT THE ROCK HALL
    London Calling premieres on the big screen on Saturday
    Below we've posted a number of cities around the country and in the U.K. that are getting a silver screen sneak peek at London Calling: Live in Hyde Park. The first screening of this theatrical cut is this weekend in Cleveland, as part of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum's Springsteen Weekend, Friday June 4 - Sunday June 6. Backstreets is partnering with the Rock Hall for this weekend of special events surrounding their exhibit, "From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen," and the 90-minute Hyde Park film will premiere there on Saturday, June 5, at 5:00 p.m (additional screenings at 7:00 p.m. on 6/5, and at 3:00 p.m. on 6/6).

Additional highlights of the weekend include a Bruce in Cleveland roundtable, film footage of Bruce and Steven with Southside Johnny and the Jukes at the Agora, and a talk between exhibit curator Jim Henke and engineer Toby Scott. The full schedule follows below.

PLUS: purchase a Rock Hall membership at the duet level ($75) or higher from now through Sunday, and receive a complimentary copy of the London Calling: Live in Hyde Park DVD!
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

anyone attending the big silver screen viewing of London Calling ?

I did this for The Seeger Sessions viewing in Manhattan .
    It was held at a little tiny Landmark Theatre in manhattan .
    It was cool seeing / hearing the Band on the big screen.

I plan on going to Theater N in Wilmington, DE next Saturday
    Product Description
    Captured in London at the Hard Rock Calling Festival on June 28, 2009 in HD, the 163-minute film documents 26 tracks of live Springsteen that begin in daylight and progress through a gorgeous sunset into night. Viewers are able to see Springsteen spontaneously directing the E Street Band and shaping the show as it evolves. The set list spans from 'Born To Run' era to 'Working On a Dream' and includes rare covers such as The Clash's "London Calling," Jimmy Cliff's "Trapped," The Young Rascals' "Good Lovin'," and Eddie Floyd's "Raise Your Hand." Springsteen also performs fan favorite "Hard Times (Come Again No More)," written by Stephen Foster in 1854. Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem joins the band as a guest vocalist on Springsteen's own "No Surrender." GRAMMY and Emmy Award-winning producer and editor Thom Zimny and director Chris Hilson, both members of Springsteen's video team dating back over a decade, oversaw the film. Audio was mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Bonus material includes stunning footage of "The River" from Glastonbury, June 27; and the full music video for "Wrecking Ball," filmed at New Jersey's Giants Stadium.

DISC 1 1. London Calling 2. Badlands 3. Night 4. She's The One 5. Outlaw Pete 6. Out In The Street 7. Working On A Dream 8. Seeds 9. Johnny 99 10. Youngstown 11. Good Lovin' 12. Bobby Jean 13. Trapped 14. No Surrender 15. Waitin' On A Sunny Day 16. The Promised Land 17. Racing In The Street 18. Radio Nowhere 19. Lonesome Day

DISC 2 1. The Rising 2. Born To Run 3. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) 4. Hard Times (Come Again No More) 5. Jungleland 6. American Land 7. Glory Days 8. Dancing In The Dark 9. Credits (Raise Your Hand)Raise Your Hand (Instrumental) 10. The River (Glastonbury) 11. Wrecking Ball (Live at Giants Stadium)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    newsLondonEmerging.jpg

this weekend is the big movie for me at the city winery , should be good.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    newsLondonEmerging.jpg

Looking forward to your review.
    KevDylan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    newsLondonEmerging.jpg

Looking forward to your review.

I saw it last Saturday...was a lot of fun to see Bruce & the band on the big screen...can't wait for the DVD because 90 minutes flew by!
    Another preview: No Surrender, feat. Brian Fallon!!!

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/musicvideo/6874-bruce-springsteen-no-surrender-live-columbia

From Rolling Stone; Racing In The Street

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/118665
    hey
    nevermind that dude on the drums,
    check out this version of kittys back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9tX2a1q ... r_embedded
    platessmall.jpg
    the big screen experience and bruce dont let you down!
    Even if only an abbreviated 80 minutes ,
    us Americans sure can take away something from that British crowds lead !
    :shock:

It was humungous out there,
    they are some real troopers to endure what they had to , for so long ,
    in that massive clusterfuck of a crowd.
    Bruce clearly didnt care for the huge ammount of space between his stage and the crowd- it limited some of his usual interactions with them . Not to mention the huge staircase up and down ( he needs an elevator ) :lol:

Bruce and the entire band were spot on,
    Little Steven couldnt contain himself during the usual schtick , ( " over curfew- Boss time " :lol: )
    And there may have ben a time where the boys may have dyed their hairdos, but evidently , theyre going gray nowadays - especially Bruce and Max )

The Big man is looking more and more fraile onstage , everytime you see him, ugh ! I felt an element of sadness here because clearly this cant keep going on , for too much longer.

Cant wait to see the rest when my DVD package arrives.
    The Gaslight Anthem guy makes an appearance, which we didnt get to see tonight at the screening .

:thumbup:
    platessmall.jpg