U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    JaneNY wrote:
    Watch on the day of or before - I can't believe no more tickets will drop. Also, I never used it but there's a guy on the btx board where you have to pay some small amount and sign up and he'll notify you if and when tickets to a (springsteen) show you want are dropping.

thats Drones and Ive used his service in the past.
    good guy.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Big news from Jon Landau!!!

This Sunday, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will wrap up their two-year tour by performing their 1973 debut album Greetings From Asbury Park in its entirety (stick with Rolling Stone for a full report). After that, Springsteen’s next moves are unclear. His manager, Jon Landau, says the only plans for 2010 are the release of the long-delayed Darkness on the Edge of Town box set and a DVD of the Working on a Dream tour. “The Darkness box set is 93 percent done,” he tells RS. “It’s absolutely fantastic and there are just some finishing touches that we need to turn our attention to and finalize and we’ll get it out there.” As for the Dream DVD, Landau says, “We’re working on some different approaches to a DVD for this tour. We’ll release it sometime fairly soon, post-Christmas.” Grab the next issue of RS, out November 25th, to read E Street’s reflections on their magical two years on the road.

The Darkness box will likely contain a remastered edition of the disc, a new documentary about the making of the LP, as well as live footage from the 1978 tour. A handful of pro-shot shows circulate through the fan community, but there’s no word on which concert will be brought out of the vaults for the set. In 2005, fans were stunned when a previously unknown complete performance from London in 1975 appeared on the Born to Run box set. The Darkness on the Edge of Town tour is widely regarded as the high water mark of Springsteen’s live career.

Read the rest of the article at http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/19/whats-next-for-springsteen-darkness-on-the-edge-of-town-box-set-dream-tour-dvd/
    HBO releases 'Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert' lineup

12:37 PM, November 19, 2009 ι By POST STAFF REPORT

(
    On Oct. 24 and 25, Madison Square Garden served as the epicenter for rock and roll fans. Icons such as Crosby, Stills & Nash, Aretha Franklin, U2 and The Boss himself paid homage to the rock gods by putting on a two-night show to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Now on Sunday night Nov. 29, HBO is bringing the concert to your living room. And we can't think of a better way to burn off all those Turkey dinners that by rocking out to the sounds of the below classics.

Here's the lineup for the four-hour special:

Jerry Lee Lewis: “Great Balls of Fire”

Crosby, Stills & Nash segment: “Woodstock” – Crosby, Stills & Nash; “Almost Cut My Hair” – Crosby, Stills & Nash; “Love Has No Pride” – Crosby, Stills & Nash, Bonnie Raitt; “The Pretender” – Crosby, Stills & Nash, Jackson Browne; “Love the One You’re With” – Stephen Stills, James Taylor

Stevie Wonder segment: “For Once in My Life” – Stevie Wonder; “The Tracks of My Tears” – Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson; “The Way You Make Me Feel” – Stevie Wonder, John Legend; “The Thrill Is Gone” – Stevie Wonder, B.B. King; “Higher Ground/Roxanne” – Stevie Wonder, Sting; “Superstition” – Stevie Wonder, Jeff Beck

Paul Simon/Simon & Garfunkel segment: “You Can Call Me Al” – Paul Simon; “Here Comes the Sun” – Paul Simon, David Crosby, Graham Nash; “The Wanderer” – Dion, Paul Simon; “Two People in the World” – Little Anthony & the Imperials; “The Sounds of Silence” – Simon & Garfunkel; “The Boxer” – Simon & Garfunkel; “Bridge Over Troubled Water” – Simon & Garfunkel

Aretha Franklin segment: “Baby I Love You” – Aretha Franklin; “Don’t Play That Song (You Lied)” – Aretha Franklin; “Chain of Fools” – Aretha Franklin, Annie Lennox

Metallica segment: “For Whom the Bell Tolls” – Metallica; “Sweet Jane” – Metallica, Lou Reed; “Iron Man”/”Paranoid” – Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne;“All Day and All of the Night” – Metallica, Ray Davies; “Enter Sandman” – Metallica

U2 segment: “Vertigo” – U2; “Magnificent” – U2; “Because the Night” – U2, Patti Smith, Bruce Springsteen; “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” – U2, Bruce Springsteen; “Gimme Shelter” – U2, Mick Jagger, Black Eyed Peas; “Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of” – U2, Mick Jagger; “Beautiful Day” – U2

Jeff Beck Band segment: “People Get Ready” – Jeff Beck Band, Sting; “Let Me Love You” – Jeff Beck Band, Buddy Guy; “Rice Pudding”/“Foxy Lady” – Jeff Beck Band, Billy Gibbons; “A Day in the Life” – Jeff Beck Band

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band segment: “Hold On I’m Coming/”Soul Man” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Sam Moore; “Ghost of Tom Joad” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Tom Morello; “Fortunate Son” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Fogerty; “Pretty Woman” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Fogerty; “Jungleland” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band; “A Fine Fine Boy” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Darlene Love; “New York State of Mind” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Billy Joel; “Born to Run” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Billy Joel; “Higher and Higher” – Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, John Fogerty, Billy Joel, Darlene Love, Sam Moore, Tom Morello

"The 25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert" airs Sunday, Nov. 29 at 8 p.m. on HBO
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:
    oh.my.god. I just saw an article where it says they are going to do the whole of GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK in Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock: And I'm going to be there! Oh my god I'm going fangirl right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :o

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... out-of-it/

now i really want to go om a roadtrip !
    even tho its really cold up there
    its gonna be on fire this night!

Bathgate, you know where to post those links when you find this show, right:)
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:
    oh.my.god. I just saw an article where it says they are going to do the whole of GREETINGS FROM ASBURY PARK in Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock: And I'm going to be there! Oh my god I'm going fangirl right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG :o

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... out-of-it/

now i really want to go om a roadtrip !
    even tho its really cold up there
    its gonna be on fire this night!

Bathgate, you know where to post those links when you find this show, right:)

:lol:
    you know i will !
    platessmall.jpg
    so its all over ,...

....for now !

from Backstreets:
    When Backstreets interviewed Bruce Springsteen shortly before this Magic/Dream E Street Band trek began, back in 2007, the Boss had this to say: "I envision the band carrying on for many, many, many more years. There ain't gonna be any farewell tour. That's the only thing I know for sure."

&:

And amid speculation about the last this or the last that, talk elsewhere of retirement of the E Street Band, one more song kept the ending on a high note, John Fogerty's "Rocking All Over the World." It was a celebration of the tour, of the band, of rock 'n' roll... not of a band on the verge of retiring, but of a band firing on all cylinders at this very moment. Bruce's final words matched the mood: "We appreciate you coming out to see the E Street Band. So we're gonna say goodbye, but just for a little while... a very little while... because... because..." before singing again, "I like it, I like it, I like it!"

After acknowledging fans who came from all over — other states, other countries — to take part in these shows, Springsteen said, "I want to thank our crew, who work all day and all night to bring this show to you in your town." He thanked the E Street Band, the road crew, the truckers, carpenters, and everyone in every department by name, from security to sound, video, production, management... and while tonight was certainly the end of something, and no one's quite sure what he means by "a very little while," the overwhelming feeling at the end of the show was summed up by a sign that Bruce and Steve grabbed and paraded across the stage during the encore, laying it to rest below Max's drumkit, Steve every once in a while checking to make sure it was still visible:

It's only rock 'n' roll, but it feels like love.

Amen.

setlist:

Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)
    The Ties That Bind
    Hungry Heart
    Working on a Dream
    Blinded By the Light
    Growin' Up
    Mary Queen of Arkansas
    Doe This Bus Stop at 8nd Street?
    Lost in the Flood
    The Angel
    For You
    Spirit in the Night
    It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City

Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    Restless Nights
    Surprise, Surprise
    Green Onions
    Merry Christmas Baby (with Curt Ramm)
    Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (with Curt Ramm)
    (I Don't Want to) Hang Up My Rock and Roll Shoes
    Boom Boom
    My Love Will Not Let You Down
    Long Walk Home
    The Rising
    Born to Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (with Curt Ramm)
    I'll Work For Your Love
    Thunder Road
    American Land (with Curt Ramm)
    Dancing in the Dark
    Rosalita (with Curt Ramm)
    Higher and Higher (with Curt Ramm)
    Rockin' All Over the World
    platessmall.jpg
  • Damn, what a great ride!!! Good thing they didn't play Blood Brothers, cause it's far from over!!! But let's continue making this thread as active as possible. 8-)
    KevDylan wrote:
    Damn, what a great ride!!! Good thing they didn't play Blood Brothers, cause it's far from over!!! But let's continue making this thread as active as possible. 8-)

Bruce last night :

"We'll see you further on up the road. We have a long way to go before we sleep"
    platessmall.jpg
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I'll try to post more later - have to go to work, but at one point and now I forget which song, Bruce struck up, with Clarence, the exact pose as on the cover of Born to Run and stood there like that for a minute. I just broke down and cried.

edit - oh yeah, it was Growin' Up.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    I'll try to post more later - have to go to work, but at one point and now I forget which song, Bruce struck up, with Clarence, the exact pose as on the cover of Born to Run and stood there like that for a minute. I just broke down and cried.

That would have made me cry too!!!! :cry:
  • JaneNY wrote:

I would love to see a picture of this...if anyone sees one/has one please post it here
    peacegirl wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:

I would love to see a picture of this...if anyone sees one/has one please post it here

Here's a link to a bunch of pictures that someone just posted:
    [url=ttp://picasaweb.google.com/skifannyc/BruceBuffalo1122?authkey=Gv1sRgCNylkOy-2JOHFA#]ttp://picasaweb.google.com/skifannyc/Br ... Oy-2JOHFA#[/url]

And here's one of Bruce and Clarence:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skifannyc/B ... 4332935730
    :cry::cry:
  • JaneNY wrote:
    peacegirl wrote:

Here's a link to a bunch of pictures that someone just posted:
    [url=ttp://picasaweb.google.com/skifannyc/BruceBuffalo1122?authkey=Gv1sRgCNylkOy-2JOHFA#]ttp://picasaweb.google.com/skifannyc/Br ... Oy-2JOHFA#[/url]

And here's one of Bruce and Clarence:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skifannyc/B ... 4332935730
    :cry::cry:

Thank you JaneNY!
    edited November 2009
    Theres an entire thread on BTX dedicated to videos from that night
    however still no full out boots. :

Blinded

Does This Bus Stoppartial

For You

Surprise Surprise

Boom Boom

Thunder Road

Restless Nights
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
    ^^^^ Yes a boot would be nice to have definitely. All 3 1/2 hours + of it!

My ticket was in 305, and I was the last row of the highest section - it was mid-way around the arena. There was a little bit of wall sticking out next to my seat, which meant I could stand the whole night, back against the wall kind of in a corner, without anyone behind me telling me to sit (pretty much everyone up there sat most of the time), and it was a good view though far away. People are talking on the btx board about the usual 'crowd wasn't into it', but it makes no difference to me. When I'm at Springsteen show its just me and Bruce and I don't notice that much.

Oh my goodness, to hear Greetings in its entirety, how special that was. I cried several times, mostly when Clarence played, due to all the talk of him being done. These guys were with me when I was 'growin' up'. Used to sit on my bed and play these records and read the lyrics. To be able to sing along to Spirit, For You, Blinded, Lost in the Flood.... The Bruce catalog is so big that I think even the most ardent fan doesn't know *every* song, or heard some only a few times, so its nice to get a few surprises (er such as Surprise Surprise!).

Quite a crush getting in, but actually pretty tame compared to other bands I see. Most Bruce showgoers just aren't used to it I think.

And the funniest thing - I've been to NIN in general admission quite a few times, and other hardcore bands, came out of the pit with not a scratch. I'm leaving this show and running for the train in Buffalo that goes back downtown, catch my foot on a curb I think (it was dark and no reflective tape showing there's a step) or one of the train tracks, I go down, feel my chin, forehead, knee and shoulder scrape along the pavement, tear the knee of my jeans, and realize when I get back to my room my knee is all chewed up and bloody and my face is quite scraped. Go figure, not a scratch from NIN and punk shows, and I come away from my last Bruce show looking as if I'd been in a fight :lol:

edit - I have to say, Bruce can put some bands with members 25 years younger than him to shame, with his level of strength, endurance and energy. There are bands much younger than he, and they only play an hour to an hour and a half.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    ^^^^ Yes a boot would be nice to have definitely. All 3 1/2 hours + of it!

My ticket was in 305, and I was the last row of the highest section - it was mid-way around the arena. There was a little bit of wall sticking out next to my seat, which meant I could stand the whole night, back against the wall kind of in a corner, without anyone behind me telling me to sit (pretty much everyone up there sat most of the time), and it was a good view though far away. People are talking on the btx board about the usual 'crowd wasn't into it', but it makes no difference to me. When I'm at Springsteen show its just me and Bruce and I don't notice that much.

Oh my goodness, to hear Greetings in its entirety, how special that was. I cried several times, mostly when Clarence played, due to all the talk of him being done. These guys were with me when I was 'growin' up'. Used to sit on my bed and play these records and read the lyrics. To be able to sing along to Spirit, For You, Blinded, Lost in the Flood.... The Bruce catalog is so big that I think even the most ardent fan doesn't know *every* song, or heard some only a few times, so its nice to get a few surprises (er such as Surprise Surprise!).

Quite a crush getting in, but actually pretty tame compared to other bands I see. Most Bruce showgoers just aren't used to it I think.

And the funniest thing - I've been to NIN in general admission quite a few times, and other hardcore bands, came out of the pit with not a scratch. I'm leaving this show and running for the train in Buffalo that goes back downtown, catch my foot on a curb I think (it was dark and no reflective tape showing there's a step) or one of the train tracks, I go down, feel my chin, forehead, knee and shoulder scrape along the pavement, tear the knee of my jeans, and realize when I get back to my room my knee is all chewed up and bloody and my face is quite scraped. Go figure, not a scratch from NIN and punk shows, and I come away from my last Bruce show looking as if I'd been in a fight :lol:

edit - I have to say, Bruce can put some bands with members 25 years younger than him to shame, with his level of strength, endurance and energy. There are bands much younger than he, and they only play an hour to an hour and a half.

Hey Jane, really nice review. Hope your injuries have healed already. Are you also a regular BTX'er? I know many of those people there can be real douchebags. :roll:
    KevDylan wrote:
    Hey Jane, really nice review. Hope your injuries have healed already. Are you also a regular BTX'er? I know many of those people there can be real douchebags. :roll:

Still banged up (and I'm a fitness instructor, and I've had to favor my shoulder the last couple days but I think it will be okay - was terrified I'd gotten a rotator cuff tear but I don't think so).

No I"m not a regular BTX person - I"m registered so I can read but the tone of some of the forum is not my favorite - I mainly read when a show is coming up that I was going to and when I just went to a show- my love of Bruce goes so far back that I don't really need a forum like that to follow his every move and argue about the pit and all that sort of thing.

People don't know how good they've got it now - I remember going to see No Nukes 3 times just so I could see Bruce's part, because there wasn't any video, no youtube, and bootlegs (on vinyl) cost $40 in '80 and were crappy quality (still bought one though). Biking several miles to record store to pick up The River on opening day... memories and thank god for Bruce who was one of the inspirations of a songwriter/frontman of a band who I also love today, and you know who that is.
    OK-
    Theyre starting to dribble out now,
    not sure about quality but
    heres the first surfaced copy of the last gig from BTX :

Here is the Duke remaster from Buffalo 2009-11-22

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    USBC Arena
    Buffalo NY 11/22/2009

Thanks to Bossman for hs great recording.

Wrecking Ball
    The Ties That Bind
    Hungry Heart
    Working On A Dream
    Into to"Greeting from Asbury Park"
    Blinded By The Light
    Growin Up
    MARY QUEEN OF ARKANSAS
    Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
    Lost In The Flood
    THE ANGEL
    For You
    Spirit In The Night
    It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
    Waitin On A Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    RESTLESS NIGHTS
    Happy Birthday to Little Steven
    Surprise Surprise
    Green Onions (sign collection)
    MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY
    Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
    I DON'T WANNA HANG UP MY ROCK N ROLL SHOES
    Boom Boom
    Long Walk Home
    The Rising
    Born To Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    PSA
    I'LL WORK FOR YOUR LOVE
    Thunder Road
    American Land
    Dancing In The Dark
    Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Higher And Higher
    Rockin All Over The World

Restless Nights
    http://rapidshare.com/files/311706659/B ... TK0018.mp3

show
    PART 1
    http://rapidshare.com/files/311697425/2 ... .part1.rar

PART 2
    http://rapidshare.com/files/311705979/2 ... .part2.rar

PART 3
    http://rapidshare.com/files/311712565/2 ... .part3.rar
    platessmall.jpg
    JaneNY wrote:
    KevDylan wrote:

but the tone of some of the forum is not my favorite -

In all fairness, some of the people over there @ BTX are very good people.
    Generally, There are good and bad people eveywhere,
    including here and some of the other PJ forums, too .
    just saying ,...
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:
    KevDylan wrote:

but the tone of some of the forum is not my favorite -

In all fairness, some of the people over there @ BTX are very good people.
    Generally, There are good and bad people eveywhere,
    including here and some of the other PJ forums, too .
    just saying ,...

Yeah, I understand. There aren't many BTX'ers who are also from the 10C, besides some of us here.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    OK-

USBC Arena
    Buffalo NY 11/22/2009

Wrecking Ball
    The Ties That Bind
    Hungry Heart
    Working On A Dream
    Blinded By The Light
    Growin Up
    MARY QUEEN OF ARKANSAS
    Lost In The Flood
    THE ANGEL
    For You
    Spirit In The Night
    Waitin On A Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    RESTLESS NIGHTS
    Surprise Surprise
    MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY
    Boom Boom
    Long Walk Home
    The Rising
    Born To Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    PSA
    I'LL WORK FOR YOUR LOVE
    Thunder Road
    American Land
    Dancing In The Dark
    Higher And Higher

Restless Nights

show
    PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

If anyone can give a readout on the quality of these in comparison to the "WIESS" and "River" shows Bathgate previously posted, that would be great.
    8/9/92 Jones Beach, 10/2/96 Hartford, 9/8/98 E. Rutherford, 9/1/00 Camden, 7/5/03 Camden, 7/9/03 MSG, 7/14/03 PNC, 10/1/04 Reading, 9/30/05 Borgata, 10/1/05 Borgata, 10/3/05 Philly, 5/27/06 Camden, 6/1/06 E. Rutherford, 6/3/06 E. Rutherford, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/24/08 MSG, 6/25/08 MSG, 8/7/08 EV@NJPAC, 10/30/09 Spectrum, 10/31/09 Spectrum, 5/18/10 Newark
  • http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/i%20...%20d_not.html

Many fans of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are wondering if their recently concluded tour will be their last. But the Boss himself doesn't think so. Here is an excerpt from an interview with Billboard magazine that will be on newstands Friday.

(The interview was conducted by Billboard staffer Ray Waddell before the Nov. 18 E Street show in Nashville.)

Q. Not to put you on the spot, but does this feel like it might be the last run for the E Street Band?
    A. No. We don't even really think of it. The only thing that came into my mind was a decade ago, when I hit 50, I was onstage in Philadelphia, and you realize, "OK, this is exactly where I want to be right now. I wouldn't want to be any place else." You realize there is a finiteness to it.

We're playing to an audience now that will outlive us. There will be a seed of an audience out there tonight that's just going to outlive the band. But at the same time, the band is very, very powerful right now. And part of the reason it's powerful is that it's carrying a lot of very strong cumulative history. You come and you see 35 years of a speeding train going down the track and you're going to get to be on the front end of it. We look forward to many, many more years of touring and playing and enjoying it.
  • Buffalo Setlist:
    nov 22, 2009

Wrecking Ball (with Curt Ramm)
    The Ties That Bind
    Hungry Heart
    Working on a Dream
    Blinded By the Light
    Growin' Up
    Mary Queen of Arkansas
    Doe This Bus Stop at 8nd Street?
    Lost in the Flood
    The Angel
    For You
    Spirit in the Night
    It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    Restless Nights
    Surprise, Surprise
    Green Onions
    Merry Christmas Baby (with Curt Ramm)
    Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (with Curt Ramm)
    (I Don't Want to) Hang Up My Rock and Roll Shoes
    Boom Boom
    Long Walk Home
    The Rising
    Born to Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out (with Curt Ramm)
    I'll Work For Your Love
    Thunder Road
    American Land (with Curt Ramm)
    Dancing in the Dark
    Rosalita (with Curt Ramm)
    Higher and Higher (with Curt Ramm and Willie Nile)
    Rockin' All Over the World

it was a nightmare getting into the hsbc=long lines(don't they have any other gates into that place except through the main entrance? ugh!

i didn't know 2 songs which was cool, good to see those go down

obviously my faves from that 1st cd. piss break was just before lost in the flood.

i have always dug surprise surprise and it was the perfect choice, seeing it was steevies birfdae and all

bruce crowd surfing is pretty unreal and gettin santa claus is always fantasticx10

could have definitely done without all the covers tunes(a few are ok..) which is why i thought the encore was subpar. having said that thunder road and rosalita ain't too shabby to have in there.

and there way more highlights, than there were lows so overall a great show
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    OK-

USBC Arena
    Buffalo NY 11/22/2009

Wrecking Ball
    The Ties That Bind
    Hungry Heart
    Working On A Dream
    Blinded By The Light
    Growin Up
    MARY QUEEN OF ARKANSAS
    Lost In The Flood
    THE ANGEL
    For You
    Spirit In The Night
    Waitin On A Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    RESTLESS NIGHTS
    Surprise Surprise
    MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY
    Boom Boom
    Long Walk Home
    The Rising
    Born To Run
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    PSA
    I'LL WORK FOR YOUR LOVE
    Thunder Road
    American Land
    Dancing In The Dark
    Higher And Higher

Restless Nights

show
    PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

If anyone can give a readout on the quality of these in comparison to the "WIESS" and "River" shows Bathgate previously posted, that would be great.

hope someone was able to get these
    the free spots have all been used up,
    & theyre not available anymore.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Yes I grabbed them a couple days ago. Took me a while, since at times it would tell me there were no free slots. Haven't had a chance to convert and listen yet - thank you for posting the links.
    JaneNY wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Yes I grabbed them a couple days ago. Took me a while, since at times it would tell me there were no free slots. Haven't had a chance to convert and listen yet - thank you for posting the links.

yeah i guess it depends on the traffic
    they are sporadically still available.
    I have to get the 3rd part ,
    then i'll decompresss the entire show and report back,....
    platessmall.jpg
    R & R H O F Concert tonight on HBO

4 hours long with many other artists such as metallica,
    u2 , mick jagger , black eyed peas ,
    its gonna be cool .
    platessmall.jpg
    this right here makes my DVR worth every cent.
    4 hours all digitally stored .
    sweet.

how did i know bruce is the final act.
    :lol: :?

Bruce and Billy Joel is pretty wild .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    KevDylan wrote:
    Damn, what a great ride!!! Good thing they didn't play Blood Brothers, cause it's far from over!!! But let's continue making this thread as active as possible. 8-)

Bruce last night :

"We'll see you further on up the road. We have a long way to go before we sleep"
    maybe i can finally hear thunder road :lol: :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

One other thought - concerning Bruce and " I Still Havent Found What I'm Looking For " ,

Having been to many concerts from both bruce and u2 ( i love them both ) ,

this time the performance seemed more precise , and perhaps ( i dont know how this could even be possible ) "rehearsed " ?

(* Bruce & ESB were actually in between shows in another city alltogether for these shows )

but if you look back cat the 1st induction ( of U2 ) ceremony ,
    and the first time Bruce chimed in on "ISHFWILF"
    he mumbled more, was hesitant , and wasnt as "into it" ,...

....this time it was worlds apart from that
    Bruce was into it more switching leads with Bono .
    He was also more on time and tempo
    ( perhaps with the edges weird timing )
    Bruce was totally into it and nailed the song ( along with U2 )
    Excellent !

For those that have passed on U2 I highly recommend thier show- even if its only once and identical everynight .
    platessmall.jpg