U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    good luck to everyone shooting for Giants Stadium later this morning.
    Even in October, that place is going to be on fire before they tear it down !
    heres to hoping i get tix, haha
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    over at backstreets i just read this :

Bruce has rented out the stadium for a total of 8 days and will be adding 5 more shows in the upcoming days/weeks for the Giants Stadium run.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I got some pretty sweet tickets for Oct 3rd! Section 113! :)
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,218
    are the 33 dollar seats at giants stadium good? I'm waiting to see if any come up for October 3.

edit - doesn't matter, nothing came up.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    what a clusterfuck !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwWoCbUCmW0

what i want to know is,
    everytime that im waiting in the que,
    and it counts down ( like molasssess ) from 15 minutes,...
    ( which in reality takes anywhere from 30- 60 minutes- these are on " TM " time )
    then its counts down to lets say - 3 minutes -
    then in an instant im rehashed back up to 15 minutes again? Are the scalpers hacking in and re throwing me all the way to the back of the que ?
    wtf?
    I had 2 different computers ,
    with 4 different browser windows running full power
    AND the fucking cheesy global 1 - 800 number they referred the entire world to )

well, only faith wil lbe rewareded i guess,....
    ( Lets hope ) Massive ammounts of tickets must have been held back for these sales. ?

Its looking more and more like the assigned seats will be what are the most highly sought, and what the ticket brokers are going to gouge our fucking eyes out for,...

anyhow

You Snarky bastards !

Looks like i'll be hitting the drtops as these show times approach .
    platessmall.jpg
    I overslept for tix today. But with bathy saying there's gonna be more shows I'm not to worried bout getting tickets

• DrockNJDrockNJ Posts: 43
    2 more shows added...Oct. 8th & 9th....tix go on sale June 8th....ehhhh not too sure how i feel about it..
    June 2, 2009

FAN DEMAND FOR BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND TICKETS PROMPTS ADDITION OF FOURTH AND FIFTH GIANTS STADIUM SHOWS OCT 8 & 9

OCT 9 SHOW TO BE FINAL CONCERT EVER AT GIANTS STADIUM

In response to fans' overwhelming demand, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band and The Meadowlands have announced fourth and fifth shows for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at Giants Stadium. These shows will take place Thursday, October 8 and Friday, October 9. The latter date will be the final concert at Giants Stadium. The concerts on September 30, October 2, and October 3 sold out in a matter of hours.

In a cover story on stands now, Q Magazine called a Springsteen concert "the greatest show on earth."

Tickets for these dates go on sale Monday, June 8 at noon Eastern via Ticketmaster. (They will be posted on Ticketmaster.com at 1 PM Eastern today.)

'Working on a Dream' (Columbia Records) debuted at #1 in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and New Zealand and received exemplary reviews in Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, People, and elsewhere.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net

http://www.shorefire.com

http://www.meadowlands.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • pearlninpearlnin Posts: 69
    I saw him in Austin , by far one of the best shows I've seen. Outlaw Pete was epic and Seeds WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! and he ended with Glory Days.
    no european jammers go to see bruce?

that blows my mind,...im sorry for them if theyre not going to see the boss

hes giving them shows that americans ( new jearsey people and all ) envy !!
    platessmall.jpg
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Seeing Bruce next week at Bonnaroo. He's scheduled for a 3 1/2 hour set... I cannot fucking wait :D
    Seeing Bruce next week at Bonnaroo. He's scheduled for a 3 1/2 hour set... I cannot fucking wait :D

these are routine for the boss and e street, bonaroo or just a standard gig.
    enjoy the night and be sure to report back to us !

:D
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Very Cool. I've always liked Bruce and the E street band, but I'm just starting to get extremely into them. My uncles have been die hard fans since they were kids and finally converted me. I listened to Cleveland Agora 1978 last night...it blew me away
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Very Cool. I've always liked Bruce and the E street band, but I'm just starting to get extremely into them. My uncles have been die hard fans since they were kids and finally converted me. I listened to Cleveland Agora 1978 last night...it blew me away

gotta love the " Prove It All Night " guitarwork Bruce displayed back then.
    nice !
    platessmall.jpg
    this is a fucking bitch. ticketbastard can suck it for all i care. been on hold on the phone for 20 min now and nothing on the net.

50 fucking minutes on the cell phone and net and house phone. i had good seats on the net, section 311. then i lost em cause of my connection. then i got threw on the cell and the sales rep couldn't hear me so hung up on me so as that was happening i got through on house phone and got section 326.

• musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    any news or hints about bruce playing shows in oregon, or washington?
    metsfan wrote:
    this is a fucking bitch. ticketbastard can suck it for all i care. been on hold on the phone for 20 min now and nothing on the net.

50 fucking minutes on the cell phone and net and house phone. i had good seats on the net, section 311. then i lost em cause of my connection. then i got threw on the cell and the sales rep couldn't hear me so hung up on me so as that was happening i got through on house phone and got section 326.

metsy

dont be discouraged.
    i know TM is frustrating,
    but alot of this mess is strategical ( from bruce himself )
    this is done to combat the ticket brokers, scalpers and resellers.
    the tickets are held back and released in little spurts, sporadically ,
    without warning , word , or announcement .
    you must constantly check TM or the bruce message boards ( like this one )
    this usually happens gradually more as showdate approaches.

The downside to this is you have no time to plan and you cannot hesitate.
    you have to act quick, and of course luck plays much into the equation. There are always various intagibles to contend with. Of course the obvious things :

-create and sign into your TM account.
    -use phone and internet,
    - use both numbers at TM, the 1-800-745-3000 number
    or you might want to work your way thru the automated service at 1-866-448-7849
    -use other browsers, i like to use IE and Firefox, but you decide/choose.
    - the F5 button is your friend

i can almost guarantee there will be drops for these shows.
    despite the face that these are historic and momentous shows ( tearing down Giants Stadium ) ,
    I believe tickets will be there for the getting at a later time.
    :)

Of course , The Icelanders still suck.
    :p

All the best buddy , lemme know if i can help otherwise.
    platessmall.jpg
    Thanks for the info bathy. I'd def like to try and get closer like the 100s sidestage. I'm happy with 326 but least once in my life I'd like to see bruce up close. Ill def be checking everyday for more ticket drops.

FUCK DA RANGER$ :D

I gotta get my moves down. Because this is a soul song. Is there anybody out there that's ever felt the love they were havin' slipping away? I mean it's not gone yet. But you can tell that it's going. Have you ever felt a love that you've had slipping away? That's right. That is an ugly feeling. You don't know what you can do to fix it. Probably nothing. You fucked up already. And so it's slipping away. And so when it comes down to it, is there any man out there with too much pride to beg to his woman? I only see two. I don't have that much pride. When it comes down to it I beg! I get on my knees and I beg for my woman. I say baby, don't you know that I'm sorry. I say baby, don't you know that I didn't know what I was doin'. You know I never never never never, never never never never, put a love like ours in jeopardy. Because I need you. And that's all done in the first two minutes of beggin'. There's two hours after that. That's right. Take it to the 5....

intro to "fade away" last night

first full band version since The River Tour

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bruce made the endless driving, unbearable heat, and filthiness of Bonnaroo 100% worth it. I spent most of Saturday waiting by the main stage, so I ended up really close. He blew me away immediately with Badlands, but I think he captured most of the crowd with Out in the Street. Since it was my first Springsteen show, I was mainly looking forward to hearing older stuff, but I enjoyed Outlaw Pete and Working on a Dream as much as anything. He ran into the crowd several times throughout the show and brought back a bunch song request signs..Growin' Up, Thunder Road, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town were all requests. Santa was especially great..he unrolled a giant poster of Santa Claus and the audience went nuts. He said "It's too fuckin' hot for Santa!" but played it anyway and the crowd was very into it. There was something really great about screaming Santa Claus is Coming to Town on an 80 degree June evening with thousands of dirty campers. Other highlights for me were The River, Tenth Avenue Freeze-out, and Rosalita.

Since the Bonnaroo crowd is mainly 18-25, almost all of the festival was there for Phish. I met a lot of people throughout the weekend and only a few seemed even remotely excited about seeing Bruce. Most people didn't seem to "get" it. He certainly proved himself though. By the end of the show, the place exploded every time he ran down the center aisle and climbed into the crowd. At the end of the show Bruce said it was nice to see younger faces in the audience and Thunder Road was played for the graduating class of 2009. On Sunday, he came out for a few songs with Phish and the audience went nuts. I think he definitely gained some new fans this weekend.

Anyway, I'd like to write more about the show but I desperately need to catch up on sleep. All-night concerts, sweltering heat, and thousands of camping hippies is certainly not a recipe for a good night's rest.
    Bruce made the endless driving, unbearable heat, and filthiness of Bonnaroo 100% worth it. I spent most of Saturday waiting by the main stage, so I ended up really close. He blew me away immediately with Badlands, but I think he captured most of the crowd with Out in the Street. Since it was my first Springsteen show, I was mainly looking forward to hearing older stuff, but I enjoyed Outlaw Pete and Working on a Dream as much as anything. He ran into the crowd several times throughout the show and brought back a bunch song request signs..Growin' Up, Thunder Road, and Santa Claus is Coming to Town were all requests. Santa was especially great..he unrolled a giant poster of Santa Claus and the audience went nuts. He said "It's too fuckin' hot for Santa!" but played it anyway and the crowd was very into it. There was something really great about screaming Santa Claus is Coming to Town on an 80 degree June evening with thousands of dirty campers. Other highlights for me were The River, Tenth Avenue Freeze-out, and Rosalita.

Since the Bonnaroo crowd is mainly 18-25, almost all of the festival was there for Phish. I met a lot of people throughout the weekend and only a few seemed even remotely excited about seeing Bruce. Most people didn't seem to "get" it. He certainly proved himself though. By the end of the show, the place exploded every time he ran down the center aisle and climbed into the crowd. At the end of the show Bruce said it was nice to see younger faces in the audience and Thunder Road was played for the graduating class of 2009. On Sunday, he came out for a few songs with Phish and the audience went nuts. I think he definitely gained some new fans this weekend.

Anyway, I'd like to write more about the show but I desperately need to catch up on sleep. All-night concerts, sweltering heat, and thousands of camping hippies is certainly not a recipe for a good night's rest.

lots of young faces in the crowd,
    and it sounds like bruce enjoyed it
    just as much as you guys did !

http://backstreets.com/news.html

this was my favorite blip :
    Jay was not the only member of the second-generation to take the stage—Evan Springsteen joined in on accoustic guitar for "American Land," standing next to Patti but focusing on his father for most of the song.

Some other Bonnaroo highlights:

---Instead of following Bruce's lead, the chick in the "I Love NJ" t-shirt he pulled on stage during "Dancing in the Dark" just did the hippie dance that's been ubiqutious here: elongated arm motions, giant strides, in a world—possily a universe—all her own. So Bruce followed her lead instead.
    ---During his short but amazing set, Al Green complained about the distance between the stage and audience. -Bruce proved that barrier was just a state of mind, making frequent forays down an aisle off center stage into the crowd—the only performer I've seen venture into the crowd all weekend. Having see Al Green's show, however, it's also clear from whom Bruce borrowed a bunch of his shtick.
    ----While gathering signs, Bruce also ended up with someone's shoe. And despite yelling, "It's too fucking hot for Santa," while holding up a life-sized poster of St. Nick, he played the song anyway.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bruce & Phish

BRUCE GOES PHISHING TO HELP WRAP BONNAROO SUNDAY NIGHT
    The Saturday night show not "jammy" enough for ya? Well, Springsteen stuck around Bonnaroo for another day, and really got into the spirit of things with Phish for the festival finale. Springsteen joined the band for three songs at the end of their first set late Sunday night, after guitarist Trey Anastasio gave a lengthy introduction about Bruce and the E Street Band being the first concert he'd ever seen. The Boss traded solos with Trey on a ten-minute "Mustang Sally," and led Phish through his own "Bobby Jean" and "Glory Days." Read more from Jon Pareles in the New York Times.

One thing we like about Phish: they offer high quality, unedited soundboard recordings for many shows online. Preview and download individual tracks—21 minutes of Bruce and Phish, all told—at livephish.com.

More on Bonnaroo from CNN.com's The Marquee Blog, the Associated Press, and SPIN.com.
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    turns out Joe Strummer helped Bruce get booked at Glastonbury:

th_newsGlastoStrummer.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • piptartpiptart Posts: 25
    hello everyone, thanks for this topic...I hadn't found it yet. :D

and thanks for posting that awesome Joe Strummer letter, I hadn't seen that before. He was so right ;)

Wednesday night in Atlanta it was a HUGE highlight for me when Eddie mentioned 'Uncle Bruce' and then blew me away with performing 'Bobby Jean'.

I guess lots of you are members on Backstreets too...I go there a lot too but don't get to post much. :oops:

I wish I was going to see Bruce & band in Europe, that's my dream but hopefully some of you will get to go and report back here. :D
  • PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    I really dislike Springsteen's music. I shouldn't have posted - I know -but I just couldn't help it.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
    I love people who make themselves look like fools on a message board buy trying to be funny and failing at it. Its funny and sad at the same time

• Fender_ManFender_Man Posts: 408
    32 minutes of set highlights from Glastonbury on the BBC website. Not sure if you can view this in the US? Hope you can.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/a ... .shtml#emp
    Fender_Man wrote:
    32 minutes of set highlights from Glastonbury on the BBC website. Not sure if you can view this in the US? Hope you can.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/a ... .shtml#emp

NOT AVAIL IN YOUR AREA

can someone rehash these so us americans can get a look?

thanks for sharing otherwise- i think we can see the photos,....

did you attend the festivities?

peace
    platessmall.jpg
    PearlJain wrote:
    I really dislike Springsteen's music. I shouldn't have posted - I know -but I just couldn't help it.

nice contribution.
    you must have clicked the wrong thread,
    the Michael Jackson threads a few threads down.,
    keep searching, you're probabl;y gonna find it .

:roll: :roll: :roll:
    platessmall.jpg