U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    CB206820 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    CB206820 wrote:
    How difficult are tickets gonna be? Would GAs be a problem, if I was getting 2? (I'm looking at Toronto, and, if it helps, I've NEVER been shut out of tickets before)

Pit tickets are understabdably the toughest to get your paws on.
    I dont think it really matters if youre going for 2 or 4 ( i dont know the ticket allowances yet ) , its just as difficult.

I'm nervous about ComcastTix.com, i have never used that site ( oddly enough im pretty sure for shows at Wachovia I have used TM previously but whatever ) I also understand thattickets are going to be available thru LiveNation, so thats another option.

Best Of Luck Everyone !

I'm gonna have one computer going for Pit, and one going for seats...

I got EV solo tickets from 10C, I don't imagine pit tickets being any harder...

I was under the impression that all eddie solo tix were a bitch to get,...

but anyhow-
    best of luck getting in the Pit.
    Dont go to the bathroom, or youll lose that prime golden spot.
    I have been in the front at The Today Show ( The Rising )and been on the rail for Good Morning America at Convention Hall n Asbury Park, as well as a few other shows- wthin the first few rows. It is pretty awesome.

as far as LiveNation, i think it is a seperate page, no ?
    ( no comcast involved ? )
    http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/403358
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • CB206820CB206820 Posts: 105
    Bathgate66 wrote:

I was under the impression that all eddie solo tix were a bitch to get,...

but anyhow-
    best of luck getting in the Pit.
    Dont go to the bathroom, or youll lose that prime golden spot.
    I have been in the front at The Today Show ( The Rising )and been on the rail for Good Morning America at Convention Hall n Asbury Park, as well as a few other shows- wthin the first few rows. It is pretty awesome.

http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/403358[/quote]

I've waited up to 6 hrs for a show start in GA, no going to the bathroom (and 8 hours until the headlining band!!!), this will be no big deal...

You get your bracelet around 2, right?
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/403358

Nope.. the link will take you to the comcasttix website. I've tried getting tickets through livenation to other shows at the wachovia center and the link directs you from livenation to comcasttix.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    thanks chrom
    i am hoping i'll be able to score from the T Line at my job, somehow somewhere.
    thanks for that vital tip & best of luck to you also .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    thanks chrom

hey bath, i tried sending you a PM but it wouldn't let me. just wanted to say whats up, so i guess i'll just say it here.

whats up?!
  • that first Philly show is the same date as my wedding.

-mushmouth
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    thanks chrom

Same here... already told my boss I'll be busy from 9:45 till about 10:30 on Monday. And ticket prices are what I expected but alittle mad about the ticket limits. All seats are $98 + fees except highest upper level ($68), but limits are 4 for the floor and 8 for every other section.... that's a bit excessive to me.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    Yet again Bruce shows his common- manhood by admitting he made a mistake.
    Its difficult not to like this guy.
    In addition to Super Bowl talk and of course a bit about Working on a Dream, Springsteen also speaks very frankly about the recent exclusive deal with Wal-Mart. After noting that Jon Landau defended the Wal-Mart-only Greatest Hits release in a recent interview, Pareles writes:

"But Mr. Springsteen said the decision was made too hastily. 'We were in the middle of doing a lot of things, it kind of came down and, really, we didn’t vet it the way we usually do,' he said. 'We just dropped the ball on it.' Instead of offering the exclusive collection to Wal-Mart, 'given its labor history, it was something that if we’d thought about it a little longer, we’d have done something different.' He added, 'It was a mistake. Our batting average is usually very good, but we missed that one. Fans will call you on that stuff, as it should be.'"

Been cramming my new CD Working On A Dream.
    Its different- i need some more time with this one.
    The dreamy packaging is strangely fascinating. ( Bruce laying in a haystack with the Tele / Esq Hybrid from B2R ? ) :shock:
    Also watched the DVD which gives perhaps a better representation of certain tracks off the new album , Watching many of the songs evolve from their beginnings to the final cut.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bruce piece in tomorrows Sunday NY Times

SPRINGSTEEN INTERVIEW IN SUNDAY'S NEW YORK TIMES
    Bruce calls Wal-Mart move "a mistake"; lots more Super Bowl chatter
    A new Springsteen interview will appear in the Arts & Leisure section of Sunday's New York Times, and it's online now. Speaking with Jon Pareles, Springsteen reveals a bit of his thought process re the Super Bowl:

"Fundamentally, it's a 12-minute party... It was very challenging to try and get that exact 12 minutes. I found that in a funny way it was very freeing. O.K., these are your boundaries, so put everything that you have into just this box... If you do it right, you should feel the tension of it wanting to spread beyond that time frame. But it can’t."

In addition to Super Bowl talk and of course a bit about Working on a Dream, Springsteen also speaks very frankly about the recent exclusive deal with Wal-Mart. After noting that Jon Landau defended the Wal-Mart-only Greatest Hits release in a recent interview, Pareles writes:

"But Mr. Springsteen said the decision was made too hastily. 'We were in the middle of doing a lot of things, it kind of came down and, really, we didn’t vet it the way we usually do,' he said. 'We just dropped the ball on it.' Instead of offering the exclusive collection to Wal-Mart, 'given its labor history, it was something that if we’d thought about it a little longer, we’d have done something different.' He added, 'It was a mistake. Our batting average is usually very good, but we missed that one. Fans will call you on that stuff, as it should be.'"

Read "The Rock Laureate" at nytimes.com.
    platessmall.jpg
  • tickets going onsale on Monday kind of pisses me off. some of us do have jobs and have to work and do not have internet access at work. no tix for me.

-mushmouth
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    I hate half-time SuperBowls but man, that was the best half-time show ever!

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce!

That was good stuff!
  • Springsteen didn't just play the superbowl, he IS the superbowl! OMG - awesome!!!
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
    Perhaps the best halftime show, ever .

( * sorry U2- love you guys too but it looks like youve been dethroned )

1st show of tour = April 1 in Cali.
    Rehearsal shows in Asbury on the horizon ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • this was by far the best part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCGm2alQS8
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    this was by far the best part:

Yes it was, wasn't it. When he started setting up and the camera was at the end of the stage I was just thinking, 'oh no, you're NOT going to do that are you? OMG yes you are! :o ' Never thought I'd see it again! :mrgreen:

Edit - I didn't even try to get tickets when they went on sale - I know things will come available if I keep paying attention, and with Bruce I can't afford more than 1-2 shows per tour anyway, so if I have to buy off stubhub I will - can't be helped because I don't think I can ever see Bruce from seats anymore after experiencing pit.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Bruce should do the halftime show at every superbowl. :)
    Bruce should do the halftime show at every superbowl. :)

well, if hes asked to do 4 songs at each superbowl, and his catalogue is filled with over 300 titles, we'll be set for many years to come,.....

did you all see Clarences wardrobe?
    :eek:

wtf ?

and could pati get any more makeup onto her face ?
    :eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    THE TICKET SITUATION WAS A CLUSTERFUCK TODAY.
    Hopefully, they will follow the protocol from last tour,. and have massive drops as showtime gets closer.

1 way or another, I will be attending both those shopws at The $ectrum.
    platessmall.jpg
  • JaneNY wrote:

Yes it was, wasn't it. When he started setting up and the camera was at the end of the stage I was just thinking, 'oh no, you're NOT going to do that are you? OMG yes you are! :o ' Never thought I'd see it again! :mrgreen:

Edit - I didn't even try to get tickets when they went on sale - I know things will come available if I keep paying attention, and with Bruce I can't afford more than 1-2 shows per tour anyway, so if I have to buy off stubhub I will - can't be helped because I don't think I can ever see Bruce from seats anymore after experiencing pit.

Hey, I scored GA for the Verizon center, but do you have any tips on how to score front pit seats? I know they give out the wristbans from 2-5 PM, and a random number is picked by a fan, which sets the start of the line, but do you have a guess at how many front pit seats there are per show? Also, does my wife --who I am bringing-- need to have a wristband that is in sequential order after/before me so we can get in together? Also, what if you don't get in the pit--do you have to que up on the other GA line? Sorry for all the questions, but these specific details are not made clear on any of the sites I've googled today. Any tips and info would be really appreciated!! Thanks!!
    .PatRiot. wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:

Hey, I scored GA for the Verizon center, but do you have any tips on how to score front pit seats? I know they give out the wristbans from 2-5 PM, and a random number is picked by a fan, which sets the start of the line, but do you have a guess at how many front pit seats there are per show? Also, does my wife --who I am bringing-- need to have a wristband that is in sequential order after/before me so we can get in together? Also, what if you don't get in the pit--do you have to que up on the other GA line? Sorry for all the questions, but these specific details are not made clear on any of the sites I've googled today. Any tips and info would be really appreciated!! Thanks!!

do you have a guess at how many front pit seats there are per show?
    There are no seats in the PIT. It is all GA ( standing ) Also, does my wife --who I am bringing-- need to have a wristband that is in sequential order after/before me so we can get in together?
    No. If you are using your wristband, she wont need hers. If you are using hers, you wont need yours. It alows the wearer to bring 1 adult with them.

Also, what if you don't get in the pit--do you have to que up on the other GA line?
    Absolutely. You may be sectioned off into one of the other GA sections, of course you always want to be on or near a railing. People will be literally running in to get up front as much as possible. Its a bit hectic and frantic. Be careful and Best Of Luck .

Of course the floorplans vary from venue to venue and the policies may change from venue to venue as well. A great resource is the ticket / tour page on www.backstreets/news.com . They usually post info on que9ing up and the list3d policies of the particular venue a show may be happening at.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bruce should do the halftime show at every superbowl. :)

well, if hes asked to do 4 songs at each superbowl, and his catalogue is filled with over 300 titles, we'll be set for many years to come,.....

did you all see Clarences wardrobe?
    :eek:

wtf ?

and could pati get any more makeup onto her face ?
    :eek: :eek:

I could make a crude joke here about wanting to apply more makeup to Pati's face...I think she is hot
  • Thanks for the info! So about how many front pit spots are there? 1,000? 500? Sounds like ir makes sense for us both to get wrist bands and then go with the better one? What if we know we are waaaay back on the pit wristband line? Will we have to get on the other, non pit line?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    love love the new cd. its got grooooooove and just flows from start to finish. o'b produces another cd work of art with the boss. i forgot to get tix on monday for the hempstead turnpike dump so looks like i'll play a little more not to happy but i guess i'll deal
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Bruce was involved in Adams Graves' # 9 retirement ceremony @ MSG last night- even if very briefly and represented by Little Stevie :

I was there last night.The entire night was electric.( up until the actual game )
    This was a little different from the 3 ceremonies that preceeded this one last night.
    Having the oldtimers there as well as Adams' contemporaries was nice also .

It was wierd and awkward seeing the cast of the Sopranos come out on the ice ( and sit on the visitors bench )
    It was definitely a bunch of familiar faces , but in an extreme out of place setting.

I would have to mention my favorie part was the gift of the hand signed Bruce Springsteen guitar , as well as playing Jungleland at 1 point or another
    ( * it weas super spliced - " The Rangers had a homecoming ......." blasted throughout the arena, as they presented the beautiful gift-ar out to Adam )
    As well at the final curtaincall of all 4 of the present day 1994 teamers whos # now adorn the big round cieling at MSG, while Bruces Blood Brothers resonated throughout the Sold Out House.
    Couldnt have been more appropriate for a guy that has done so much and continues to do so much for the city and the community .
    ( There were dozens of wheelchair bound kids, Hockey in Harlem kids, charities,. ect a regular routine with Adam )

The game itself was difficult to watch .
    Too many passes.
    Not enough shooting.
    Anisimov was uneventful and that new Reitz jumped right into into it by taking on that uncalled 3rd man in on Atlanta.

I got dozens of photos , the best of which i will share here after i get them sorted out.
    platessmall.jpg
  • "WE PERCEIVE THIS AS A PURE CONFLICT OF INTEREST"
    Springsteen organization "furious" at "the abuse of our fans and our trust"
    We are not alone. In a letter to fans issued this afternoon, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau and the entire Tour Team condemn ticket up-selling, call Ticketmaster's TicketsNow redirection "a pure conflict of interest," describe actions they've taken, and warn of a potential Live Nation/Ticketmaster monopoly.

A Letter to Our Fans:

We know there was much confusion regarding Ticketmaster and TicketsNow during last Monday's on-sale dates. We were as confused as you were, as we were given no advance notice of the major changes in the Ticketmaster-TicketsNow world. (Bear in mind that we are not clients of any ticketing company, and that all those arrangements are between venues and ticketing companies.)

Last Monday, we were informed that Ticketmaster was redirecting your log-in requests for tickets at face value, to their secondary site TicketsNow, which specializes in up-selling tickets at above face value. They did this even when other seats remained available at face value. We condemn this practice.

We perceive this as a pure conflict of interest. Ticketmaster is there to ensure that we have a good, fair sale of our tickets at their face value plus normal ticketing charges. TicketsNow is supposed to be a secondary site where people who already have tickets may exchange, trade, and, unfortunately, speculate with them. We have asked this redirection from Ticketmaster to TicketsNow cease and desist immediately and Ticketmaster has agreed to do so in the future and has removed its unwanted material from their and our site.

We know the many cynical arguments some make in favor of the Ticketmaster system: There are rumors that some artists or managers participate in Ticketmaster charges--we do not. There are rumors that some artists or managers are receiving a percentage of the amount above face value at secondary outlets like TicketsNow--we do not. Some artists or managers may not perceive there to be a conflict between having the distributor of their tickets in effect "scalping" those same tickets through a secondary company like TicketsNow--we do.

While many of you have sent notes to us and your local promoters, you may also send accurate informational letters to Albert Lopez of Ticketmaster [Albert.Lopez@ticketmaster.com] and he will try to address your questions.

A final point for now: the one thing that would make the current ticket situation even worse for the fan than it is now would be Ticketmaster and Live Nation coming up with a single system, thereby returning us to a near monopoly situation in music ticketing. Several newspapers are reporting on this story right now. If you, like us, oppose that idea, you should make it known to your representatives.

The abuse of our fans and our trust by Ticketmaster has made us as furious as it has made many of you. We will continue to do our utmost now and in the future to make sure that these practices are permanently curtailed on our tours.

Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau and the entire Springsteen Tour Team
  • "WE PERCEIVE THIS AS A PURE CONFLICT OF INTEREST"
    Springsteen organization "furious" at "the abuse of our fans and our trust"
    We are not alone. In a letter to fans issued this afternoon, Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau and the entire Tour Team condemn ticket up-selling, call Ticketmaster's TicketsNow redirection "a pure conflict of interest," describe actions they've taken, and warn of a potential Live Nation/Ticketmaster monopoly.

A Letter to Our Fans:

We know there was much confusion regarding Ticketmaster and TicketsNow during last Monday's on-sale dates. We were as confused as you were, as we were given no advance notice of the major changes in the Ticketmaster-TicketsNow world. (Bear in mind that we are not clients of any ticketing company, and that all those arrangements are between venues and ticketing companies.)

Last Monday, we were informed that Ticketmaster was redirecting your log-in requests for tickets at face value, to their secondary site TicketsNow, which specializes in up-selling tickets at above face value. They did this even when other seats remained available at face value. We condemn this practice.

We perceive this as a pure conflict of interest. Ticketmaster is there to ensure that we have a good, fair sale of our tickets at their face value plus normal ticketing charges. TicketsNow is supposed to be a secondary site where people who already have tickets may exchange, trade, and, unfortunately, speculate with them. We have asked this redirection from Ticketmaster to TicketsNow cease and desist immediately and Ticketmaster has agreed to do so in the future and has removed its unwanted material from their and our site.

We know the many cynical arguments some make in favor of the Ticketmaster system: There are rumors that some artists or managers participate in Ticketmaster charges--we do not. There are rumors that some artists or managers are receiving a percentage of the amount above face value at secondary outlets like TicketsNow--we do not. Some artists or managers may not perceive there to be a conflict between having the distributor of their tickets in effect "scalping" those same tickets through a secondary company like TicketsNow--we do.

While many of you have sent notes to us and your local promoters, you may also send accurate informational letters to Albert Lopez of Ticketmaster [Albert.Lopez@ticketmaster.com] and he will try to address your questions.

A final point for now: the one thing that would make the current ticket situation even worse for the fan than it is now would be Ticketmaster and Live Nation coming up with a single system, thereby returning us to a near monopoly situation in music ticketing. Several newspapers are reporting on this story right now. If you, like us, oppose that idea, you should make it known to your representatives.

The abuse of our fans and our trust by Ticketmaster has made us as furious as it has made many of you. We will continue to do our utmost now and in the future to make sure that these practices are permanently curtailed on our tours.

Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau and the entire Springsteen Tour Team

Very good statement.
    NY Daily News

amd_bruce.jpg

Bruce Springsteen slams Ticketmaster over Working on a Dream tour sales
    BY Larry Mcshane
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 10:56 PM

Sancetta/AP

Bruce Springsteen is letting fans know that he's not happy with Ticketmaster.
    There's a new No. 1 on Bruce Springsteen's hit list: Ticketmaster.

The rock 'n' roll Hall of Famer, in an angry letter Wednesday on his Web site, accused the company of gouging his fans when tickets went on sale Monday for his "Working on a Dream" tour.

"The abuse of our fans and our trust by Ticketmaster has made us as furious as it has made many of you," Springsteen said in the lengthy letter to his fans.

"We will continue to do our utmost now and in the future to make sure that these practices are permanently curtailed on our tours."

Springsteen's ire was raised after fans loudly complained that Ticketmaster - which handled the original sales for many of the rocker's upcoming dates - was directing ticket buyers to an affiliated company that sells seats at a premium cost.

"They did this even when our seats remained available at face value," Springsteen said.

"We condemn this practice."

The company, TicketsNow, was offering tickets for Springsteen's soldout May shows at the Izod Center for up to $700 a pair Wednesday - far above the $95-a- ticket face value.

"We perceive this as pure conflict of interest," said Springsteen, adding he was unaware of the problem before Monday's sale.

"Ticketmaster is there to ensure that we have a good, fair sale of our tickets at face value plus normal ticketing charges."

Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.), in a letter to the Federal Trade Commission earlier this week, warbled an unlikely duet with the Boss.

"The speed with which tickets were made available on Ticketmaster's official resale affiliate site raises questions about whether TicketsNow brokers were given preferential treatment," Pascrell wrote.

According to Springsteen, Ticketmaster agreed to immediately stop directing ticket buyers for his shows to the TicketsNow site.

"Some artists or managers may not perceive there to be a conflict between having the distributor of their tickets in effect 'scalping' those same tickets through a secondary company like TicketsNow," he wrote. "We do."

Ticketmaster spokesman Albert Lopez did not return calls and an e-mail for comment.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:lmcshane@nydailynews.com">lmcshane@nydailynews.com</a><!-- e -->
    platessmall.jpg
    TM responds :

An Open Letter of Apology to Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau, and the Entire Springsteen Tour Team, received from Ticketmaster CEO Irving Azoff and reprinted in its entirety:

While we were genuinely trying to do the right thing for fans in providing more choices when the tickets they requested from the primary on-sale were not available, we clearly missed the mark. Fans are confused and angry, which is the opposite of what we hoped to accomplish. We sincerely apologize to Bruce, his organization and, above all, his fans.

We recognize that we need to change our course. We have committed to Bruce and state publicly here that we have taken down all links for Bruce’s shows directing fans from Ticketmaster to TicketsNow. This redirection only occurred as a choice when we could not satisfy fans’ specific search request for primary ticket inventory, but to make sure there is no misunderstanding in the future, we also publicly state that we will never again link to TicketsNow in a manner that can possibly create any confusion during a high-demand on-sale. Specifically, we will not present an option to go to TicketsNow from Ticketmaster without the consent of the artist and the venue, both of whom work together to bring the joy of live entertainment to millions of fans.

If any fans inadvertently purchased tickets in the resale marketplace believing in error they were purchasing from the initial on-sale, we will refund the difference between the actual purchase price and the face price of the ticket. (Please don’t abuse this good faith gesture – we did not give brokers any preferential access to tickets.)

We are committed to helping deliver the most transparent and best live entertainment experience to fans. We will do better going forward.

Sincerely,
    Irving Azoff, CEO, Ticketmaster Entertainment

That's our bold above. If you feel you were suckered by a bait-and-switch, we urge you to take up Mr. Azoff on his offer.
    - February 5, 2009
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    TM responds :

An Open Letter of Apology to Bruce Springsteen, Jon Landau, and the Entire Springsteen Tour Team, received from Ticketmaster CEO Irving Azoff and reprinted in its entirety:

While we were genuinely trying to do the right thing for fans in providing more choices when the tickets they requested from the primary on-sale were not available, we clearly missed the mark. Fans are confused and angry, which is the opposite of what we hoped to accomplish. We sincerely apologize to Bruce, his organization and, above all, his fans.

We recognize that we need to change our course. We have committed to Bruce and state publicly here that we have taken down all links for Bruce’s shows directing fans from Ticketmaster to TicketsNow. This redirection only occurred as a choice when we could not satisfy fans’ specific search request for primary ticket inventory, but to make sure there is no misunderstanding in the future, we also publicly state that we will never again link to TicketsNow in a manner that can possibly create any confusion during a high-demand on-sale. Specifically, we will not present an option to go to TicketsNow from Ticketmaster without the consent of the artist and the venue, both of whom work together to bring the joy of live entertainment to millions of fans.

If any fans inadvertently purchased tickets in the resale marketplace believing in error they were purchasing from the initial on-sale, we will refund the difference between the actual purchase price and the face price of the ticket. (Please don’t abuse this good faith gesture – we did not give brokers any preferential access to tickets.)

We are committed to helping deliver the most transparent and best live entertainment experience to fans. We will do better going forward.

Sincerely,

That's our bold above. If you feel you were suckered by a bait-and-switch, we urge you to take up Mr. Azoff on his offer.
    - February 5, 2009

I'm actually surprised that TM stepped up and took responsibility for this. And it could end up being a pretty good financial hit if people take them up on the partial refunds.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • this whole ticket fiasco was the most annoying shit ever.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    TM responds :

Sincerely,

- February 5, 2009

I'm actually surprised that TM stepped up and took responsibility for this. And it could end up being a pretty good financial hit if people take them up on the partial refunds.