U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i took these ( everyone in the place was doing the same. )
    we were in the lower loge ( only 3 rows ) and dead center.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9359&hl=en Run Run Rudolph ( Bruce & Bon Jovi )

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0758&hl=en" 10th Avenue Freezeout

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9877&hl=en" We're Having A Party ( w/ Southside Johnny[/url]
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    http://www.fye.com/Bruce-Springsteen_st ... c_20090106

pre order the new limited edition album and get a free Bruce Poster
    platessmall.jpg
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    next to pj, bruce & e-street are my favorite. but i have to admit, in comparing album covers, 'working on a dream' just might take the cake for bruce's worst. however, i still can't wait to hear the music inside said album cover. ;)
  • just saw "the wrestler" tonight... would anyone be able to send me bruce's song from that? shoot me a PM! thanks!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • how is it possible that the album isnt even released yet, but three singles have been releases already? Is that a record? I have heard of course of 1 lead off single, but to have three before the thing is even released, thats kinda wierd!
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    He did something similar for Magic. "Radio Nowhere", "Long Walk Home", and "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" (not totally sure on that one) were all released before the album was in stores.
  • Bruce got the Golden Globe last night!!! :)

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/0 ... r_his.html
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    He deserves it. "The Wrestler" is easily the best I have heard of the new songs.

well...surprise, surprise, come open your eyes and let your love shine down.
    edited January 2009
    did everyone see The Boss all over the Globes last night ? Both he and his buddy Mickey won Golden Globe Trophies for their respective work on " The Wrestler " . They both won !http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/01/12/gal_globes12_8.jpg

Bruce also was all over the TV- and todays various newspapers

I sawNY Daily News coverage.

Turns out Bruce will also be playing at the upcoming inauguration

Bruce Springsteen, Bono among acts tapped for inaugural concert
    Published January 12, 2009 04:01 PM0 CommentsBuzz up! print email
    By Jon Zahlaway / LiveDaily Senior Writer
    Bruce Springsteen [ tickets ], Bono, Stevie Wonder and Garth Brooks top a roster of big-name acts who'll gather in Washington, DC, next Sunday (1/18) for a free concert that will mark the official start of inaugural festivities for President-Elect Barack Obama.

Dubbed "We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial," the event will also feature Mary J. Blige, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, James Taylor, Will.I.Am, and Beyonce. Additional performers will be announced, according to organizers.
    Veteran producer Rob Mathes will serve as musical director and arranger for the event's house band, which will back all of the aforementioned artists.

In addition to the musical performances, the event will also feature Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah and Denzel Washington, all of whom are scheduled to give readings of historical passages.

"Our intention is to root the event in history, celebrating the moments when our nation has united to face great challenges and prevail," executive producer George Stevens, Jr. (The Kennedy Center Honors) said in a prepared statement "We will combine historical readings by prominent actors with music from an array of the greatest stars of today."

According to a press release, HBO will "televise the event on an open signal, working with all of its distributors to allow Americans across the country with access to cable, telcos or satellite television to join in the Opening Celebration for free." Full details about the event are available at the Presidential Inaugural Committee's website.
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    platessmall.jpg
  • pretty surprising the album hasnt leaked. Not too many albums these days make it to 2 weeks prior to the album release date without some type of leak
    it leaked yesterday

no offesne but id rather wait for any official releases. Bad enough theres a standard edition, liumited edition, best of,........ ect,..
    platessmall.jpg
  • First impressions of WOAD-

Just finished my first listen minutes ago...

Good album, very odd though. Those who love the Big Man will be disappointed I think. Could only detect two songs where his prescence is felt.

Couldnt detect a theme for the album, odd considering Bruce is pretty explicit in terms of what he is trying to convey with the albums, it certainly was crystal clear what he wanted to say with Tom Joad, The Rising, Devils and Dust, The Seeger Sessions, and Magic. All were pretty clear statements, about the world, and what was and is going on. No real mistaking the intentions on those albums.

This album though, I cant really pick up on any political or social statements. I know he said one song was a "love in the times of Bush" song but if he hadnt of said that, I wouldnt have picked up any political statements on the song.

The Queen of the Supermarket song is one that caught me by surprise. One of the more bizaare songs in the Bruce catalogue.

There seems to be no unifying theme on the album. The lyrics seem to be very inward and personal, the outside world which was depicted so intensely with the last 5 albums, seems to almost not exist. Love and life seem to be the theme I can pick up most clearly. The war, Bush, corruption, lies, deception, hatred, greed, and the seeming coming apart at the seams that is modern day living, is non existant.

I was worried this album, especially with the title and the release of it so sudden after the election was gonna be some sugar coated love song to Obama and how everything is gonna be perfect now that he is in office or will be in office when the album is released.

thoughts?

One of the more odd bruce releases, but I have no complaints. I can see myself listening to this for awile...

Bring on the tour!
  • word from jeremy on backstreets is that tour news will be on Feb 2, day after superbowl and that the tour starts feb 21

i am psyched!
  • word from jeremy on backstreets is that tour news will be on Feb 2, day after superbowl and that the tour starts feb 21

i am psyched!
    hope he kicks it off in europe! ill be over there and would love a good concert while i am
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    word from jeremy on backstreets is that tour news will be on Feb 2, day after superbowl and that the tour starts feb 21

Trust none of what you hear
    And less of what you see
    platessmall.jpg
  • WOAD leaked on Tuesday evening and I have listened to the album about 5 times now before I passed judgement. But I can definitley say the album is not good. In Springsteen albums there is usually an underlying theme not on WOAD. If you like "The Big Man" well he only plays on 2 songs that I could tell. My favorite on the album is The Wrestler which I think could be considered a classic Springsteen song. I won't say the album is unlistenable but it is in the category of Human Touch for me.

Anybody else listen to it yet?
    im staying away from leaks on purpose, but thats just me.

I did hear that it will be very swift and quick come the superbowl , with the first days of the new tour to begin anywhere between 2 and 3 days after ther superbowl appearance.

i was daydreaming whilst vacuuming today with my new Dyson ,........

thinking wouldnt it be fantastic for a brief CO HEADLINING TOUR ? :idea:

Pearl Jam opening up for The E Strreet Band in limited shows at limited venues ? :o:o :shock: :shock:

that would be awesome,....
    platessmall.jpg
    COMING TO E STREET RADIO: DJ BRUCE!
    Over on E Street Radio (SIRIUS channel 10, XM channel 58), they've had dozens of interesting guest DJs -- every Monday afternoon, listeners have been able to catch a "celebrity fan" (like Mojo Nixon or Steve Earle) or even an E Street Band member (Clarence, Steve, Max, Nils), spinning their favorite Springsteen tunes. Now, they've landed the big one. Bruce himself will play guest DJ, in a two-part edition, this Monday, January 19, and next Monday, January 26 -- playing not his own music, but some of his favorite songs.

According to today's press release, "Bruce Springsteen sat down with Dave Marsh, SIRIUS XM host and music journalist, to play music hand-picked by Bruce from his personal record collection. Bruce will share how he discovered each song and what he likes about the music in his commentary. SIRIUS XM listeners will hear Bruce playing a variety of music ranging from folk songs to contemporary music including hip hop and progressive rock."

Click here for more information and to see a complete list of broadcast dates and times.
    platessmall.jpg
  • i listened to the 30 second clips on Bruce's site and i have to say i'm not too thrilled. now, how much can you get from 30 seconds? i don't know, but what i do know is that i didn't dig much of what i heard.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    You can listen to the whole album at www.irishtimes.com/brucespringsteen
    Can only download the single though.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Here are a few confirmed Europe dates from Live Nation

European Tour Dates - OFFICIAL

June

02 - Tampere, Finland
    04 - Stockholm, Sweden
    05 - Stockholm, Sweden
    09 - Bergen, Norway
    10 - Bergen, Norway

July

08 - Herning, Denmark

Bring on the USA dates Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Awwww, I want another Irish show. He loves playing Dublin :(
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Bruce Springsteen 2009 Tour Dates:
    05/30 - Landgraaf, NL @ Pinkpop Festival
    06/02 - Tampere, FI @ Ratinan Stadion
    06/04 - Stocholm, SE @ Stockholm Stadion
    06/05 - Stocholm, SE @ Stockholm Stadion
    06/09 - Bergen, NO @ Bergenhus Festning
    06/10 - Bergen, NO @ Bergenhus Festning
    07/02 - Munich, DE @ Olympiastadion
    07/05 - Vienna, AS @ Ernst-Happel-Stadion
    07/08 - Herning, DK @ MHC Messecenter
    07/19 - Roma, IT @ Stadio Olimpico
    07/21 - Torino, IT @ Stadio Comunale
    07/23 - Udine, IT @ Stadio Fruli
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    bruce was at the inauguration,
    took these from the btx forums:

Here's a few pics from Corbis. Looks like he was amongst the crowd. Although I'm sure that it was the VIP part of the crowd. If you look closely at the screen in the last one, you can see that Biden is being sworn in.

42-21559949.jpg42-21559951.jpg42-21559668.jpg42-21559684.jpg42-21559672.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • After listening to "Working on A Dream" a few times now through the NPR stream, I can say that I really like it. It picks up right where "Magic" left off. My first thought was that it sounded like a "Magic" B-Sides collection. I thought "My Lucky Day" and "Queen of the Supermarket" were outstanding Bruce pop songs. Can't wait for "My Lucky Day" live. Bruce is going to be into that one. And after about 3 weeks of listening I can say "Working on A Dream" is a good song. I, like many others, wasn't blown away at first, but now I love it. "Outlaw Pete", what a fantastic opener. Definetely one of the longer Bruce songs with a fun story and sweeping tour de force of guitar and violin. Bruce's voice is particularly in fine form on this one. Just got done reading David Fricke's interview with the Boss in the new Rolling Stone. He went as far to say that the new album is better than "Magic" and "The Rising". I wouldn't go that far. "The Rising" is probably my third favorite Bruce album behind "Born to Run" and "Darkness". But the new one is still very good. Can't wait for the 27th!
  • MA209067 wrote:
    After listening to "Working on A Dream" a few times now through the NPR stream, I can say that I really like it. It picks up right where "Magic" left off. My first thought was that it sounded like a "Magic" B-Sides collection. I thought "My Lucky Day" and "Queen of the Supermarket" were outstanding Bruce pop songs. Can't wait for "My Lucky Day" live. Bruce is going to be into that one. And after about 3 weeks of listening I can say "Working on A Dream" is a good song. I, like many others, wasn't blown away at first, but now I love it. "Outlaw Pete", what a fantastic opener. Definetely one of the longer Bruce songs with a fun story and sweeping tour de force of guitar and violin. Bruce's voice is particularly in fine form on this one. Just got done reading David Fricke's interview with the Boss in the new Rolling Stone. He went as far to say that the new album is better than "Magic" and "The Rising". I wouldn't go that far. "The Rising" is probably my third favorite Bruce album behind "Born to Run" and "Darkness". But the new one is still very good. Can't wait for the 27th!

Queen of the Supermarket might be the worse song Bruce has ever written
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    MA209067 wrote:
    After listening to "Working on A Dream" a few times now through the NPR stream, I can say that I really like it. It picks up right where "Magic" left off. My first thought was that it sounded like a "Magic" B-Sides collection. I thought "My Lucky Day" and "Queen of the Supermarket" were outstanding Bruce pop songs. Can't wait for "My Lucky Day" live. Bruce is going to be into that one. And after about 3 weeks of listening I can say "Working on A Dream" is a good song. I, like many others, wasn't blown away at first, but now I love it. "Outlaw Pete", what a fantastic opener. Definetely one of the longer Bruce songs with a fun story and sweeping tour de force of guitar and violin. Bruce's voice is particularly in fine form on this one. Just got done reading David Fricke's interview with the Boss in the new Rolling Stone. He went as far to say that the new album is better than "Magic" and "The Rising". I wouldn't go that far. "The Rising" is probably my third favorite Bruce album behind "Born to Run" and "Darkness". But the new one is still very good. Can't wait for the 27th!

yeah i dont like that one
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • petrocs wrote:
    MA209067 wrote:

yeah i dont like that one

I just cant believe he drops the F-Bomb. Hehe. And like I said, it takes a lot of warming up to. And in the end, I appreciate that he worked so hard to get an album out so quickly to the fans, which means another stellar tour is in the works.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,437
    I love love love Bruce, but after listening to the new album a couple of times I'm disappointed.

Outlaw Pete, My Lucky Day, and The Last Carnival are the only standout tracks for me at the moment, the rest are uninspired in my opinion.

Not to worry, he has plenty of other amazing stuff I can enjoy. They can't all be masterpieces!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II