U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Lizard wrote:

that is great news!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Lizard wrote:
    I just read this.
    That would be awesome.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Dear Bathgate66,

With the current lull in the Magic tour -- the next show is a week from tonight, in Jacksonville -- some summer reading may pass the time... hope this helps!

Backstreets Liner Notes for Tracks --
    now available as a free download!

Almost ten years ago, when Tracks was released, we published a supplemental booklet in Backstreets Magazine, to accompany the box set. Bound separately, and sized to fit inside the Tracks box, it was a twelve-page booklet of liner notes, covering each of the 66 "new" songs. It's one of the most popular things we've done, and it's been out of print for years... until now!

Doing a reprint is quite cost-prohibitive -- but as of today, we're making available a PDF of our Tracks Liner Notes, for FREE, from Backstreets.com. There's been enough continued demand for this one over the years, I figured it was time to get it back out there.

This is the first time we've made Backstreets Magazine content available electronically. If you missed the original in the sold-out Backstreets #61, here's a version you can print, trim, and store in your Tracks box -- or just view on your screen. For more details, and to get your free copy, just head to our Downloads page.

If you like what you see, and you're not already receiving the magazine, we hope you'll subscribe now to get on board for much more Boss goodness in our pages to come.

Enjoy!

Chris Phillips
    Editor & Publisher, Backstreets
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    CROSS BONES STYLE
    Here's something to roll into Milwaukee on at the end of the month... this 2008 Harley-Davidson Cross Bones Motorcycle has been signed by Bruce and the E Street Band, and one winner will take it home this Saturday! Log a Load for Kids is offering raffle tickets at $100 per chance, with all funds going to the University of Virginia's Children’s Hospital. For additional info, see below.

Just a few days left to buy tickets... to purchase, contact by Rich Palermo at (434) 841-3472 or richpale@earthlink.net, or the University of Virginia Children’s Hospital Developmenet Office at (434) 924-8432.
    - August 13, 2008
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/Images/newsLogHarley2.jpg

MEET THE NEW ESSENTIAL,
    SAME AS THE OLD ESSENTIAL
    Seeing a new edition of The Essential Bruce Springsteen on the release schedule for August 26 had us daring to dream for a sec... but no new material here. Same three-disc set as the original release, the only difference is the packaging, with the new version housed in a Digipak.

If this title isn't already on your shelf, it's a must-have for disc three alone -- but no need to rebuy.
    - August 13, 2008
    platessmall.jpg
    AUGUST 16, CHARLESTON, SC: A LITTLE BEACH MUSIC
    Springsteen and the band's first visit to Charleston since the Darkness tour -- last stop here was August 1, 1978 at Gaillard Auditorium. Back in the Lowcountry again after 30 years, they pull out yet another cover from the old days, following up the previous two shows' "Little Latin Lupe Lu" and "You Can't Sit Down" with tonight's opener, "Double Shot (of My Baby's Love)." "Let's start off with a little beach music," Bruce said, and this was indeed a local special: the Greenwood, SC-based Swingin' Medallions had a #17 hit with the song in 1966. (What's next, "Mountain of Love"? "Then She Kissed Me"? Keep those signs comin'!)

Surely aware of their long absence from these parts, Bruce and the band really turned it on and, frankly, played their asses off -- and the energy onstage was matched by the thunderous audience, clearly very appreciative of getting Bruce back. From the beginning, greeting the band with a roar to rival any European audience, this was, as Bruce declared a couple of times, a "great, great crowd."

The show was full of requests and audibles, including "Two Hearts" early in the proceedings. Signs tonight brought us "Light of Day," "Growin' Up," and "Janey, Don't You Lose Heart," then in a roundabout way, "No Surrender," as a sign called for Bruce to "Play want you want!" The "Atlantic City" that followed was for a sign, too. One of the few times the crowd flagged was during "Janey" -- granted, the tempo was off, it was a slow version, but though it was a treat for the hardcores, it read as a headscratcher for the crowd as a whole. Which may account for Bruce dropping "Drive All Night" and calling for "Hungry Heart" after "Mary's Place" instead.

Opening the encore was a very rare (only the second time on this tour) "Streets of Fire" -- a searing version and a real highlight of the show, thanks again to a sign. "Jungleland" was an audible in place of "Thunder Road" -- Bruce blew the words, but no matter, the crowd ate it all up, from the Carolina beach music opener to the "Twist and Shout" by request that closed the show. As Springsteen said, ""We need to come back more often!"

Next: A home-away-from-home in the early years, Richmond, VA is Monday night.

Opening the encore was a very rare (only the second time on this tour) "Streets of Fire" -- a searing version and a real highlight of the show, thanks again to a sign. "Jungleland" was an audible in place of "Thunder Road" -- Bruce blew the words, but no matter, the crowd ate it all up, from the Carolina beach music opener to the "Twist and Shout" by request that closed the show. As Springsteen said, ""We need to come back more often!"

Setlist:
    Double Shot (of My Baby's Love)
    Radio Nowhere
    Out in the Street
    Two Hearts
    Spirit in the Night
    Light of Day
    Growin' Up
    Janey, Don't You Lose Heart
    No Surrender
    Atlantic City
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    Mary's Place
    Hungry Heart
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands

Streets of Fire
    Jungleland
    Born to Run
    Rosalita
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land
    Twist and Shout

August 15 / Jacksonville, FL / Veterans Memorial Arena

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/magictour/081508a.jpg

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/magictour/081508b.jpg

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/magictour/081508c.jpg

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/magictour/081508d.jpg

http://www.backstreets.com/Assets/magictour/081508e.jpg

Notes: The Magic tour comes back inside but the open-air feel continues, with this arena show a continuation of the tour's summer evolution. As at the stadiums, Bruce and the band were often flying by the seat of their pants, taking requests by sign, playing only a handful of Magic songs (for better or worse), breaking out "Rosalita" and other recent big-stage barn-burners like "Youngstown" and "Murder Inc.," for a show that hit three hours on the nose.

Tonight's sign collection came after "Spirit in the Night," and the first request was a reach-back cover right up there with "Little Latin Lupe Lu": "You Can't Sit Down." Bruce pointed to the sign behind the stage, and the band deftly tackled it cold. An intermittent encore treat in the late '70s and sometimes medleyed in '81, the last time they even touched this one was nearly a decade ago, when they worked a bit of it into "Light of Day" midway through the reunion tour in Philly. And just as Philly was an appropriate place to break it out (the Philadelphia-based Dovells took the song to #3 in 1963), the Sunshine State is a fitting place for it, too: Steve Van Zandt played with the Dovells in the '70s on the Florida oldies circuit, picking up the nickname "Miami Steve" in the process.

"Does This Bus Stop" and "Candy's Room" were both played for signs, and then Bruce had a fine choice of his own, the rare "Loose Ends." After a 14-minute "Mary's Place" (another holdover from the stadium leg), we got a second tour premiere as Bruce pointed to a sign for "Back in Your Arms." This one had been soundchecked earlier in the day, Bruce likely already having it in mind to send out to Jerry Wexler, who died early this morning. "One of the great soul men," as Springsteen called him in his dedication, Wexler was an owner at Atlantic Records, producing greats like Aretha Franklin and Ray Charles, and coining the term "rhythm & blues." It was a wonderful performance, with a sweet solo from Clarence at the end.

More requests in the encore: "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" for a little girl's sign (he autographed it for her mid-song), and "Glory Days" for an Iraq War veteran's first show. And after "American Land," there was the now-traditional one more: this time it was a smokin' "Kitty's Back," which did not get stadium play... that alone showing the benefit of being back inside. No Patti tonight, and unusually, no "Promised Land," either; Pat Riley was in the pit.
    - photographs by Michael Zorn
    platessmall.jpg
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I'd love to see one more run through Philadelphia before the end of the year but I dont think thats going to happen
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Nashville - Thursday night!!!! Can't wait.

A lot of driving though. 150 miles to St. Louis on Wednesday to see NIN. Stay all night in St. Lou then back home on Thursday to feed the cats, then 150 miles to Nashville for Springsteen. Then we will drive home after the concert! Poor concert planning on my part!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    petrocs wrote:
    I'd love to see one more run through Philadelphia before the end of the year but I dont think thats going to happen

dont count it out yet,

i hear Bruce and The E Streeters just may close down the Philly Spectrum !

If that does happen , Iwill be there !
    platessmall.jpg
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i hear Bruce and The E Streeters just may close down the Philly Spectrum !

If that does happen , Iwill be there !

that would be soooo sweet - I really want to see Bruce

I always liked his music but never really considered myself a big fan but having the all Springsteen channel on Sirius has gotten me hooked!
  • I am seeing him tonight here in Richmond! I actually forgot until yesterday because I bougt my tickets so long ago. I am so excited! Tonight should be great as Bruce always mentions how sentimental Richmond is to him as here and Jersey were the only two places that he could get gigs at when just starting out. He used to play free shows in Monroe Park (for those not from Richmond, it's a real small, kind of dirty park in the middle of Richmond) I am so excited!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Phew. The show at Hershey last night was by far the best concert I've ever been to. There was a big fiasco with the bracelets to get in for GA... they started out giving them out in order, but then eventually someone just decided to start handing them out to whoever wanted them and by that point it was a free-for-all. But we still got in the front section and I couldn't believe how close we were. He played literally every song I could have hoped for... Darlington County, Workin on the Highway (awesome surprise), Prove it All Night, and of course the obvious choices 10th Ave, Rosie, Thunder Road, and Jungleland. Bruce was all over the place and smiling all the time... he was in a really good mood and it spread to everyone. I was surprised how good the sound was too... just an amazing show all around. There were a few obscure covers that were requested that I never heard before, but they were really good too.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    DOSW wrote:
    Phew. The show at Hershey last night was by far the best concert I've ever been to. There was a big fiasco with the bracelets to get in for GA... they started out giving them out in order, but then eventually someone just decided to start handing them out to whoever wanted them and by that point it was a free-for-all. But we still got in the front section and I couldn't believe how close we were. He played literally every song I could have hoped for... Darlington County, Workin on the Highway (awesome surprise), Prove it All Night, and of course the obvious choices 10th Ave, Rosie, Thunder Road, and Jungleland. Bruce was all over the place and smiling all the time... he was in a really good mood and it spread to everyone. I was surprised how good the sound was too... just an amazing show all around. There were a few obscure covers that were requested that I never heard before, but they were really good too.

Argh! I wanted to go soooo bad but I couldnt cause of a work meeting...:(
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    DOSW wrote:

notes :

AUGUST 19, HERSHEY, PA: G-L-O-R-I-A? SWEET!
    Once again, it's E Street Band al fresco. And it's not like they had really scaled back performance-wise in the arenas, but tonight at Hersheypark Stadium it was decidedly a stadium-sized show. Three hours and 29 songs, with a powerhouse eight-song encore, and an emphasis on confections like "Darlington County," "Sunny Day," and "Working on the Highway," which Bruce performed out at the end of the center stage thrust. Those who expected locale-specific treats may have been disappointed -- not even "Candy's Room," let alone "Give the Girl a Kiss," "I Want Candy," "Sugar Sugar" or "Candy Man." Springsteen pulled a sign for "Give the Girl a Kiss" as part of the nightly collection, but otherwise, no apparent sense of the occasion for the Boss.

Instead, the Hershey show was a cover-fest: cover songs opened and closed (as in Charleston), with a total of four in the set -- two of them tour premieres. First up was "Summertime Blues" to open. The next one was a tour premiere from the sign collection -- "Oh my god.... we've created a monster!" said Bruce, faced with literally hundreds of signs, and he gave Little Steven first choice. "Pick one, Steve! We're going with obscurity... start with obscurity..." and Steven opted for John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom." ("Appears hastily assembled," Bruce said of the sign, written on a box lid -- with the even more longshot "London Calling" on the reverse.) Steve also picked "Darlington," which followed -- what, no signs for "Held Up Without a Gun"?

Two more covers came in the encore: "Seven Nights to Rock" had its first U.S. airing on the tour, with Garry stepping up to sing along into Steve's mic, and the tour premiere of Them's "Gloria" was a major highlight to close the show. "Let's take it back to where it all started!" Bruce hollered, bringing up Joe and Johnny Grushecky to jam along.

Another tour premiere was "Part Man, Part Monkey" by request, joining "Boom Boom" to recall the Tunnel of Love Express Tour. "We don't know this one," Bruce said (though 20 years ago, they were playing it practically every night), "See if the band can get it." They got it, just as they've gotten every other curveball Bruce and the signs have thrown their way. Like taking candy from a baby.

Next: Thursday night should be a Grand Ole time in Nashville.

setlist :
    Summertime Blues
    Radio Nowhere
    Out in the Street
    Spirit in the Night
    The Promised Land
    Boom Boom
    Darlington County
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    Reason to Believe
    Prove It All Night
    No Surrender
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    Mary's Place
    Working on the Highway
    Part Man Part Monkey
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands

Thunder Road
    Jungleland
    Seven Nights to Rock :eek:
    Born to Run
    Rosalita
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    American Land
    Gloria (with Joe and Johnny Grushecky)
    platessmall.jpg
    http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/08/22/2008-08-22_side_dish_yankees_eyeing_bruce_springste.html

Side Dish: Yankees eyeing Bruce Springsteen to close Stadium
    Friday, August 22nd 2008, 10:08 AM

Sato/WireImage

- Buzz is building that the Yankees are cooking up a musical extravaganza for the Stadium's closing ceremony in November. Word is George Steinbrenner and son Hank want something to rival the sayonara shows that the Mets got Billy Joel to do at Shea. Mentioned to perform at the House That Ruth Built are Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney, though sources close to both rockers weren't aware of any discussions. A Steinbrenner rep had no details.
    platessmall.jpg
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Last night's show in St. Louis was amazing. I'm still in awe. He played for 3 hours and 20 minutes. There were too many songs for me to remember.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Here's the setlist:

August 23, 2008
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Scottrade Center

Then She Kissed Me [Tour Premiere—Crystals cover. First since 1975]
    Radio Nowhere
    Out In The Street
    Adam Raised A Cain
    Spirit In The Night
    Rendezvous
    For You
    Mountain Of Love [Tour Premiere—Harold Dorman/Johnny Rivers cover. First since 1975]
    Backstreets
    Gypsy Biker
    Because The Night
    She's The One
    Livin' In The Future
    Cover Me
    Mary's Place
    Drive All Night
    The Rising
    Last To Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    Jungleland
    Detroit Medley
    Born To Run
    Dancing In The Dark
    American Land
    Thunder Road
    Little Queenie [Tour Premiere—Chuck Berry cover. Ultra rare]
    Twist And Shout
    Heres the Linkage

Bruce Springsteen will follow Obama with a solo acoustic performance on Thursday after Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field, Vegas Confidential learned Saturday. Bon Jovi, we're told, is in negotiations to perform the leadup to Obama's speech. ...
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Heres the Linkage

Bruce Springsteen will follow Obama with a solo acoustic performance on Thursday after Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field, Vegas Confidential learned Saturday. Bon Jovi, we're told, is in negotiations to perform the leadup to Obama's speech. ...

so much for that

they shouldve highlighted this on showtimes new show with penn and teller called Bullshit ! ! :rolleyes:

now the stage is set perfectly for the Steinbrenners to counteract Shea Stadiums 3 shows with Billy Joel to close out the old Shea Stadium

Sometime in November perhaps ?
    with 3 ( or maybe 15 ) sold out shows at The Ole' House That Ruth Built...
    & Springsteen and The E Street Band at Yankee Stadium
    whats with all the formalities,
    based on reading that final show setlist and notes, sounds like Bruce and the Band are fine tuned and ready to rock the house up in the bronx in november.

look at that setlist ! :eek: here in jersey at giants stadium --even we didnt get all those covers !

http://www.backstreets.com/setlists.html
    [August 30 / Milwaukee, WI / The Roadhouse at the Lakefront
    Notes: An enormous turnout for one last Magic show, Bruce and the E Street Band's Saturday night special for Harley-Davidson's 105th Anniversary; it was one last stadium-sized performance, the outdoor set slightly tailored (and lengthened) for the occasion to be a fuel-injected, good-time rock 'n' roll blowout. Gates opened early for showgoers to get some relief from the brutally hot day -- at least the stage offered some shadow. Bruce himself arrived in Milwaukee in time to emerge before his opening acts -- looking like a biker himself, in long sleeves, denim, and sunglasses -- coming out on stage to greet the crowd, shake some hands and give some waves to the field before the sun went down. (Apparently not in time to practice with Alejandro Escovedo, though, who put in a well-received 45-minute set with no Bruce appearance.)

Main event showtime at 8:45, with Bruce and the E Street Band taking the stage to the vroom vroom sound of a revving Harley, Bruce shouting out, "Good evening, Harley-Davidson motorcycle enthusiasts!" Actually, there seemed to be as many Bruce fans as riders in the crowd (not that there wouldn't be crossover between the two), judging by what looked to be a one-to-one ratio of Springsteen shirts to Harley shirts. Bruce made 'em both happy with the opener, a scorching "Gypsy Biker"'s first time in that position.

A rocking sign set commenced with "Wooly Bully," the old Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs hit, the request spelled out in cotton balls on a sign in the shape of a bull. "Any bar band worth its salt has to know this one," Bruce said, Charlie's sodium level mighty high on his organ solo. "Darlington County" and "You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)" followed by request, Bruce and the band powering through at a blistering pace more reminiscent of the early part of the Magic tour despite the sign collection. The only time they really seemed to slow down to catch their breath was on "Darkness on the Edge of Town," a beautiful performance that served to center the band before they dove back into the fray with "Youngstown."

"Racing in the Street," another sign request, was played for Willie G. -- that's Harley hero Willie G. Davidson -- and as a "summer song" for the end of the season. It was one for the ages, too, boasting an extended coda with an otherworldy performance from Roy and Charlie. "Seven Nights to Rock" kept the engines roaring after "Badlands" to close the main set.

"Jason..." Bruce said as the encore began, "Jason, if you're here, come see Kevin." No it wasn't someone who had left their lights on -- Bruce was calling for Jason Federici to join in on "Sandy." "This is the first time we have a tour closing without Danny, and we're lucky enough to have Danny's son with us." Jason took the stage with an accordion strapped on, joining Roy to squeezebox on his father's signature favorite. He was absolutely beaming, getting hugs from Bruce and Steve before leaving the stage.

Of course, "Sandy" also includes the line "Every summer when the weather gets hot they ride that road down from heaven on their Harleys..." and was a reminder if anyone needed it, of how long Bruce has had an eye on hog heaven. Some have expressed surprise that Springsteen would play a corporate event, but it's hard to deny his affinity with the "product." The runaway American dream of "Born to Run" was pure euphoria, with an ocean of arms in the air. For "Thunder Road," the screens displayed Bruce's motorcycle cred, showing a series of images of Bruce riding over the years -- and the crowd ate that up, too

A quick kiss for Ginny -- "That's my sis!" -- in the family & friends section at the end of "Tenth Aenue Freeze-out." A thanks to the crew before "Dancing in the Dark," Bruce reeling off a list of names at this final show on the schedule. And then one more -- "We have to do this one!" -- Steppenwolf's "Born to Be Wild." The place went apeshit. A fun set, a loose set, a rocking set, a long set, a last chance power drive, putting the final punctuation mark on the Magic tour with the longest show of the past year, at 31 songs and three-and-a-half hours. "Thank you, we'll be seeing you!"

Setlist:
    Gypsy Biker
    Out in the Street
    Radio Nowhere
    The Promised Land
    Spirit in the Night
    Wooly Bully
    Darlington County
    You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Youngstown
    Murder Incorporated
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    Mary's Place
    Working on the Highway
    Racing in the Street
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Seven Nights to Rock
    4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    Glory Days
    Born to Run
    Rosalita
    Bobby Jean
    American Land
    Thunder Road
    Dancing in the Dark
    Born to Be Wild

Very sad and touching about Bruce bringing out Dannys son, and this being the 1st tour having to close without The Phantom there at his spot , ......
    Nice touch by the boss to let his memory and spirit be there onstage with all of those in attendance .

born to be wild and b2r in the same setlist ?

wow ! ? ! ?
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Bathgate66 wrote:

that is great. the set list is great. im sure the show was great. i hope bruce brings this type of show to the stadium.
  • I really liked Bruce's live renditions of "It's My Life" by The Animals. I have 2 recordings of him playing it, in which he talks about his awkward relationship with his father. He played it a lot in the late 70's. His covers of the song gradually stopped, and instead, he'd use the haunting stories of him and his father as an intro to other songs played live, especially "I'm on Fire."

What I find really fascinating is that he'd end his narration with "Sometimes, I just wanted to...", a hesitation, a sudden increase in the cheering, and the singing would commence. I had only heard the audio, so for a while I went without knowing what had happened that made the audience cheer after "Sometimes I just wanted to."

Then I saw a live video from the 80's of him and the band playing "I'm on Fire" and he'd actually clench his fist and punch forward as if he were punching someone out. I quickly realized it was his father he wanted to do that to. Powerful moment. Some really great stories told in "It's My Life."

I have the versions of "It's My Life" performed on November 4 and November 10, 1976... if anyone's interested, message me and I'll be sure to get them to you.
    www.myspace.com/fusionsong
  • Springsteen is god.
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Springsteen is god.

ITA :)
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
    Harley Fest first 3 songs

nice finale show !
    great setlist too
    platessmall.jpg
    If I were him I would've toured straight through the election
    Shows:
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    where are the Philly shows?????? :confused:
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    chromiam wrote:
    we got Hershey... which is much closer for me but i was at the beach so i couldn't attend. my dad went and had a horrible time...security inforcing one area and not another.
    chromiam wrote:

i read on the btx boards today about a possible 3 shows in january at the spectrum, to close the old barn down before they tear it down .
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Two questions.

1) Are there any soundboard quality bootlegs out there of his solo tour to promote "Devil's and Dust"?

2) What's the best Springsteen book out there to read?