U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    JUNE 14: BIG THINGS IN CARDIFF
    Getting back on the road for the European stadium tour, Bruce began the marathon Cardiff stadium show with "a Welsh connection": the tour premiere of "From Small Things (Big Things One Day Come)," a song he wrote and gave to Welshman Dave Edmunds years ago. Some back story: When the Cardiff-born Edmunds "went to see Springsteen perform at Wembley Arena [in 1981]," writes Garry Graff in The Ties That Bind, "he expected a good show but not necessarily a new song to record. 'I was backstage in the hospitality area after the gig,' Edmunds remembered, 'and one of his crew of road managers tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Bruce wants to meet you." I went back and had this great talk with him, and he played me this song and said, "I'd like you to do this, if you like it." He said he'd send me the tape, which he did." Edmunds' "From Small Things" was released on D.E. 7th in 1982, and Springsteen's own version finally emerged on Essential in 2003.
    061408a.jpg
    In the encore, a more bittersweet connection, as Springsteen sent out "Thunder Road" to the late Tim Russert:

"I'd like to do this tonight for a long time friend of the E Street Band who passed away suddenly.

"Tim Russert was an important unreplacable voice in American journalism. I watched him hold our politicians feet to the fire on many Sunday mornings. He was always a strong voice for honesty and accountability in American government .. but beyond that he was a lovely presence, a good father, husband, and good guy. He was a regular at many E Street Band shows and I'm going to miss looking down and seeing that big smiling face in the crowd.

"We send this out all the way back to the states tonight for his son Luke, his wife Maureen, his dad Big Russ, and all the Russert family.

"Tim, God Bless You, We will miss you..."

In between, there was a riotous "Blinded By the Light," preceded by a story about Danny and Mad Dog, with particularly funny bit at the beginning as Steve tried to figure out what Bruce was playing. "The River," with some stirring falsetto at the end, was transcendent. Nils' "Because the Night" solo was a real highlight, as usual, and Clarence was in particularly fine form in the encore, with wonderful solos on "Thunder Road" and "Jungleland." And another highlight at the end of the show: Bruce telling the crowd, "We'll be back!"
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    'The Boss' pays tribute to Russert

June 18: Bruce Springsteen pays tribute to Tim Russert with a solo acoustic performance of 'Thunder Road.'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25249188#25249188

from Backstreets:

News updated June 18, 2008

CASING THE PROMISED LAND
    Springsteen pays tribute to Tim Russert via satellite
    At today's televised memorial service for Tim Russert, Luke's "Uncle Tony" (Russert's brother-in-law) performed a beautiful acoustic "Born to Run" in tribute. How do you follow that? Well, Luke and Tom Brokaw had "a little surprise," which Brokaw introduced: "This was the one guest that Tim was never able to persuade to appear on Meet the Press," he said. "But they were great friends, and Tim went wherever he had to to hear him. Ladies and gentlemen, from Europe where he is on tour: The Boss."

"Luke, Maureen, Big Russ, and the Russert family: we send all our love and prayers from the E Street Band," Bruce said. "We were always flattered and honored to have Tim as part of our E Street Band community. I think Tim had a real belief in that Promised Land, and in the American idea. That was the passion that you heard behind all those tough questions on Sunday morning." Springsteen shared a memory from the September 2007 Today show appearance, and his thoughts on Russert's legacy, before performing an acoustic "Thunder Road." Watch it at msnbc.com.
    - June 18, 2008
    platessmall.jpg
    U.S. schedule fills in for August

The month of August, between the 8/2 Foxboro show and the 8/30 Milwaukee show, has been wide open for a while. Finally, as of today, we're looking at an additional 7 tour stops that month, with Bruce and the band scheduled to hit Jacksonville, Charleston, Richmond, Hershey, Nashville, St. Louis, and Kansas City. They'll be moving back inside for most of these, too, playing arenas instead of enormous stadiums.

Here's how the summer U.S. tour looks now:

July 27 - Giants Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ
    July 28 - Giants Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ
    July 31 - Giants Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ
    August 2 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA
    August 15 - Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Jacksonville, FL
    August 17 - Charleston Coliseum - Charleston, SC
    August 18 - Richmond Coliseum - Richmond, VA
    August 19 - Hersheypark Stadium - Hershey, PA
    August 21 - Sommet Center - Nashville, TN
    August 23 - Scottrade Center - St. Louis, MO
    August 24 - Sprint Center - Kansas City, MO
    August 30 - Harley-Davidson 105th - Milwaukee, WI

The majority of these new dates go on sale next week, but here's a ticket alert: as reported on Backstreets.com a couple days ago, the Hershey, PA show goes on sale tomorrow morning, Saturday, June 21, at 10 a.m.

See our Tour/Ticket Info page for full onsale info and links.
    platessmall.jpg
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    St. Louis and Kansas City!!!!!
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:

The month of August, between the 8/2 Foxboro show and the 8/30 Milwaukee show, has been wide open for a while. Finally, as of today, we're looking at an additional 7 tour stops that month, with Bruce and the band scheduled to hit Jacksonville, Charleston, Richmond, Hershey, Nashville, St. Louis, and Kansas City. They'll be moving back inside for most of these, too, playing arenas instead of enormous stadiums.

The majority of these new dates go on sale next week, but here's a ticket alert: as reported on Backstreets.com a couple days ago, the Hershey, PA show goes on sale tomorrow morning, Saturday, June 21, at 10 a.m.

And still no fucking Philly show... damn it!
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    And still no fucking Philly show... damn it!

you know theyre coming.
    its philly bro

the best bruce show are always in philly.
    maybe a ballpark show ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    OK

as if i wasnt jealous of you europeans enough- from reading these accounts ,

then I found this.
    How beautiful this must have been- for everyone in attendance and especially those lucky few in the very front.
    amazing !
    That video of I'm On Fire made me cry...that is my favorite Bruce song and I was JUST talking about it with my friends about an hour ago. **weird**
    I couldn't imagine being right there with him.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    That video of I'm On Fire made me cry...that is my favorite Bruce song and I was JUST talking about it with my friends about an hour ago. **weird**
    I couldn't imagine being right there with him.

its evident that europe- even above jersey- is the place to go see the boss,

i mean pulling up a chair , .... to join , and sit with the crowd ?

this guys still unbelievable- even at 58
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yaknow.... Hershey is about 30 minutes away from me and i have no money for tix! as much as i've been bitching on this board for a Philly show, the Boss decides to book a Hershey gig and i am not going. i'm such a loser.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    you know theyre coming.
    its philly bro

the best bruce show are always in philly.
    maybe a ballpark show ?

I know man, but the waiting is driving me mad... I mean Hershey isn't that far but a Tues night show kinda kills any plans to go.

As for the ballpark, they usually only do it once a year during baseball season and Buffett was here last week. Although I'm sure they could make an exception for The Boss.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    brilliant disguise just came on my mp3 player.
    what a great song.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

my dad got tix for Hershey and just called me and told me they can't go because they have pit area tickets...he and my stepmom cannot stand for long amounts of time.. he was trying to sell me the tix at face value ($234 including bullshit ticketmaster charges) but we're gonna be at the beach that day...lame-o. anyway, we're gonna call around a bit but if i get no takers i'll leave that ticket offer open to the folks on this board.
    chromiam wrote:
    I know man, but the waiting is driving me mad... I mean Hershey isn't that far but a Tues night show kinda kills any plans to go.

As for the ballpark, they usually only do it once a year during baseball season and Buffett was here last week. Although I'm sure they could make an exception for The Boss.

and the tour is going into october- if not an outside show- the season may be over by then, perhaps the wachy center.
    platessmall.jpg
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    i know he probably isnt touring again in the u.s. for awhile, but I just remembered today how i felt after seeing him for the first time ever in late march in portland. I had high expectations, he played literally every song I had wanted to hear.

And I remember how the day after the show, I had this sick feeling, this sad feeling, a feeling of loss in my stomach. Almost like I felt depressed. I wanted to see him again, the next day in Seattle. I missed him.

I really wanna see him play again!
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its evident that europe- even above jersey- is the place to go see the boss,

i mean pulling up a chair , .... to join , and sit with the crowd ?

this guys still unbelievable- even at 58
    I would probably have climbed up in his lap.
    :p
    Seriously...that was one of the most awesome videos ever.
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    i know he probably isnt touring again in the u.s. for awhile, but I just remembered today how i felt after seeing him for the first time ever in late march in portland. I had high expectations, he played literally every song I had wanted to hear.

And I remember how the day after the show, I had this sick feeling, this sad feeling, a feeling of loss in my stomach. Almost like I felt depressed. I wanted to see him again, the next day in Seattle. I missed him.

I really wanna see him play again!

Bathgate66 wrote:

they'll be baqck out your way-

and if pearl jam is back home by then ( in seattle area ) - maybe some special appearances in stow ? :eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    Set-list for last night in Milano:

1 Summertime Blues
    2. Out in the Streets
    3. Radio Nowhere
    4. Prove it all Night
    5. Promised Land
    6. Spirit in The Night
    7. None But The Brave
    8. Candy's Room
    9. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    10. Hungry Heart
    11. Darlington Country
    12. Because the Night
    13. She's the One
    14. Livin' in the Future
    15. Mary's Place
    16. I'm on Fire
    17. Racing in the Streets
    18. The Risng
    19. Last to Die
    20. Long Walk Home
    21. Badlands

Encores:
    22. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    23. Detroit Medley
    24. Born To Run
    25. Rosalita
    26. Bobby Jean
    27. Dancing in the Dark ( Bruce is kissing Clarence )
    28. American Land
    29. TWIST AND SHOUT

Oh yeah. The show lasted for about three hours, and 29 songs.
    Oh my god! Can`t wait for Copenhagen!:D
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • Bummy213Bummy213 Posts: 25
    Got my GA Pit tix for Hershey Park today...hopefully I'll be able to get up nice and close. Anyone else from here going? If my friend bails like I think he will, I may have an extra ticket.
    E.Bloom wrote:
    Set-list for last night in Milano:

1 Summertime Blues
    2. Out in the Streets
    3. Radio Nowhere
    4. Prove it all Night
    5. Promised Land
    6. Spirit in The Night
    7. None But The Brave
    8. Candy's Room
    9. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    10. Hungry Heart
    11. Darlington Country
    12. Because the Night
    13. She's the One
    14. Livin' in the Future
    15. Mary's Place
    16. I'm on Fire
    17. Racing in the Streets
    18. The Risng
    19. Last to Die
    20. Long Walk Home
    21. Badlands

Encores:
    22. Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    23. Detroit Medley
    24. Born To Run
    25. Rosalita
    26. Bobby Jean
    27. Dancing in the Dark ( Bruce is kissing Clarence )
    28. American Land
    29. TWIST AND SHOUT

Oh yeah. The show lasted for about three hours, and 29 songs.
    Oh my god! Can`t wait for Copenhagen!:D

this guys unbelievable

especially after post- pearl jam-tour-syndrome, Bruce and ESB- at giants stadium-- will serve as the perfect pick-me-up!
    Cant wait for July .
    platessmall.jpg
  • born2runqtborn2runqt Posts: 109
    Don't know if anyone posted this here

Madame Marie died on Friday...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN REMEMBERS MADAM MARIE
    Back in the day when I was a fixture on the Asbury Park boardwalk, I'd often stop and talk to Madam Marie as she sat on her folding chair outside the Temple of Knowledge.

I'd sit across from her on the metal guard rail bordering the beach, and watched as she led the day trippers into the small back room where she would unlock a few of the mysteries of their future. She always told me mine looked pretty good - she was right. The world has lost enough mystery as it is - we need our fortunetellers. We send our condolences out to her family who've carried on her tradition. Over here on E Street, we will miss her.

--Bruce Springsteen

Obituary from the Asbury Park Press.
    ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
    born2runqt wrote:
    Don't know if anyone posted this here

Madame Marie died on Friday...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN REMEMBERS MADAM MARIE
    Back in the day when I was a fixture on the Asbury Park boardwalk, I'd often stop and talk to Madam Marie as she sat on her folding chair outside the Temple of Knowledge.

I'd sit across from her on the metal guard rail bordering the beach, and watched as she led the day trippers into the small back room where she would unlock a few of the mysteries of their future. She always told me mine looked pretty good - she was right. The world has lost enough mystery as it is - we need our fortunetellers. We send our condolences out to her family who've carried on her tradition. Over here on E Street, we will miss her.

--Bruce Springsteen

Obituary from the Asbury Park Press.
    rest in peace. "Sandy" is my girl's favorite song.
    rest in peace. "Sandy" is my girl's favorite song.

yeah RIP Madame
    platessmall.jpg
    OMG

:eek:

During Bruces July 4th Independance Day concert earlier tonight overseas, they opened up with BITUSA ( * electrified- not the slower more acoustic way they had performed it for a while there )

After a steady flow of nothing but Pearl Jam for the last 2 weeks, and a severe hangover now, theres no way to rectify this hangover any better , than a trio ( or perhaps more ) of Bruice and E Streeters at Giants Stadium , out in the swamps of New Jersey .

:)

check it here and a bunch of other videos:

http://gptv.abcdn.net/abPlayer2/default.html?path=gptv.abcdn.net/Noje&playfile=12270_Born_in_the_USA_49667.pls&autostart=1
    platessmall.jpg
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    Arguably the most overrated live show going, living off reputation. I have the Hammersmith 75 DVD brilliance, 80s boots brilliance. 2000 and later shows, boring. He really doesn't mine his catalog very well anymore and thats a shame.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post but I think Bruce is a legend but the songs I love from him literally get no love live anymore. For example:

Atlantic City
    Dowmbound Train
    Cover Me
    Darkness (finally back in rotation)
    Lost in the flood
    Nebraska
    State trooper
    Worlds Apart
    Im on fire (glad to see it resurface)
    Backstreets
    One Step Up
    Growin Up
    The River
    Johnny 99
    The ghost of Tom Joad
    Blinded by the Light
    Streets of Philadelphia

and the list goes on...

Instead he plays his tedious new shit of which only 1 out of 3 songs is even listenable, mixes in about 3 gems with quite a few crowdpleasers, maybe a rarity like thundercrap and call it a night.

wake me up when its over 100 bucks poorer
    stranger34 wrote:
    Arguably the most overrated live show going, living off reputation. I have the Hammersmith 75 DVD brilliance, 80s boots brilliance. 2000 and later shows, boring. He really doesn't mine his catalog very well anymore and thats a shame.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this post but I think Bruce is a legend but the songs I love from him literally get no love live anymore. For example:

Atlantic City
    Dowmbound Train
    Cover Me
    Darkness (finally back in rotation)
    Lost in the flood
    Nebraska
    State trooper
    Worlds Apart
    Im on fire (glad to see it resurface)
    Backstreets
    One Step Up
    Growin Up
    The River
    Johnny 99
    The ghost of Tom Joad
    Blinded by the Light
    Streets of Philadelphia

and the list goes on...

Instead he plays his tedious new shit of which only 1 out of 3 songs is even listenable, mixes in about 3 gems with quite a few crowdpleasers, maybe a rarity like thunderclap and call it a night.

wake me up when its over 100 bucks poorer
    \

you're entitled to your opinion.

even if its wrong.

jk
    to each their own
    the guy has over 275 songs in his catalogue
    ( thats only whats been published, recorded, & produced . Little Steven has repeatedly said that Bruce always has at least 2 or 3 albums rolled up in his back pocket )

He is presently on tour for his new album, Magic- already breaking record selling gold and platinum status- selling out The World Over, time and time again.
    Of course you will hear more of the new album.
    Thats commonsense.

Reflecting on your list- its not all that accurate if youre saying these dont get played at all anymore. Check the setlists page. @ off the top of my head- without referencing any lists or pages anywhere- Ghost Of Tom and Atlantic City , Backstreets, Johnny99 and Growin Up have have been played alltho rarely---on this tour.

I have to be honest to complain about any setlist on this current world tour would make one sound like one of the ingrates on the Pearl Jam Porch forums complaining about setlist A or setlist B - spoiled little brats.

So i guesss thats 1 less vying for any tickets or seats that i might be going for- thanks !
    platessmall.jpg
  • stranger34stranger34 Posts: 235
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    \

you're entitled to your opinion.

even if its wrong.

jk
    to each their own
    the guy has over 275 songs in his catalogue
    ( thats only whats been published, recorded, & produced . Little Steven has repeatedly said that Bruce always has at least 2 or 3 albums rolled up in his back pocket )

He is presently on tour for his new album, Magic- already breaking record selling gold and platinum status- selling out The World Over, time and time again.
    Thats commonsense.

Reflecting on your list- its not all that accurate if youre saying these dont get played at all anymore. Check the setlists page. @ off the top of my head- without referencing any lists or pages anywhere- Ghost Of Tom and Atlantic City , Backstreets, Johnny99 and Growin Up have have been played alltho rarely---on this tour.

I have to be honest to complain about any setlist on this current world tour would make one sound like one of the ingrates on the Pearl Jam Porch forums complaining about setlist A or setlist B - spoiled little brats.

So i guesss thats 1 less vying for any tickets or seats that i might be going for- thanks !

no I always go once a tour...

Yes he plays these just enough that I get like 1 or 2 songs im dying to hear at every show. Last gop round it was Darkness and a beautifully reworked Reason to Believe.

Listen its a great show he puts on I just think a lot of people treat it like its still the best show on earth and I just don't think its any better than a standard Billy Joel show anymore (Great) but its a step down and a considerable step dow from where bruce was back in the day.

listen in 20 years I hope PJ is putting on the equivalent of what Bruce is doing now. Its just the current tours are grossly overrated. People want to believe they are still seeing what they saw... but I think they witness the current tour through Bruce Colored glasses.
    Billy Joel ?

that guy virtually disappeared into obscurity- for a few years- before going into classical opera / broadway musicals, before realiz9ing he was meant to play mediocre rock and roll.

Bruce has even flow, hasnt stopped even after all these years.
    platessmall.jpg
    stranger34 wrote:
    no I always go once a tour...

Yes he plays these just enough that I get like 1 or 2 songs im dying to hear at every show. Last gop round it was Darkness and a beautifully reworked Reason to Believe.

Listen its a great show he puts on I just think a lot of people treat it like its still the best show on earth and I just don't think its any better than a standard Billy Joel show anymore (Great) but its a step down and a considerable step dow from where bruce was back in the day.

listen in 20 years I hope PJ is putting on the equivalent of what Bruce is doing now. Its just the current tours are grossly overrated. People want to believe they are still seeing what they saw... but I think they witness the current tour through Bruce Colored glasses.

i dont know if this counts for anything, but i have heard both bruce and little steven say that they feel that the band is better than ever. the setlist to a show isnt everything, as many people on this board sometimes forget. and you also have to understand that they are touring behind an album, so common knowledge would tell you that they would play a lot of material from that album.
    i dont know if this counts for anything, but i have heard both bruce and little steven say that they feel that the band is better than ever. the setlist to a show isnt everything, as many people on this board sometimes forget. and you also have to understand that they are touring behind an album, so common knowledge would tell you that they would play a lot of material from that album.

at least someone else gets it.

Bathgate66 wrote:
    Thats commonsense.
    platessmall.jpg