U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    no i didn't listen but i've had this boot for years.

BTX was down yesterday for whatever reason, i need to get that Darkness/BTR show.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

BTX was down yesterday for whatever reason, i need to get that Darkness/BTR show.
    i downloaded all the MP3s from that show ( Count Basie Darkness/B2R show ) before BTX had the critical error.

im lost without that BTX board and here at the Pit ( which were actually simultaneously " down " briefly yesterday for some time ) and it appears btx is still down .

:confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I have two GA tickets for this show, in hand. I need to trade them for two decent seated tickets, because it turns out my girlfriend and I now won't arrive at the stadium until about 6.30-7pm because we have to wait for her to finish work, and we don't want to be really far back in the crowd.

If anyone has two good seated tickets that they wouldn't mind trading for GA, either reply here or PM me. I can try and arrange to come down to Manchester alone and swap tickets there and then, or i can send them special delivery so that we can have the tickets in the next day or two.
    Hope someone can help!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

3 Nights in Dublin to open the tour back up- ( that means closer to the giants stadium shows in July )

ROCKIN' ALL OVER THE WORLD
    After a three-week break (well, "break," considering how much Bruce has played out in that time), the Magic tour resumes tomorrow night. Three nights in Dublin -- Thursday, Friday, and Sunday -- kick off a two-month European leg for Bruce and the E Street Band. Some related notes:

European show-goers, fill us in!: Don't forget, we count on readers to give us their perspectives with show reports, particularly as Bruce and the band head farther afield. If you're catching any of the upcoming European concerts, we'd strongly encourage you to send us a report -- your thoughts on the night, highlights, setlist if you can -- as soon as possible after the show, to help us with our coverage. If you'd like to fill us in, please email to: onstage@backstreets.com. It's much appreciated.
    G.A. policy: We've gotten a lot of questions about the G.A. procedure for Europe, and specifically whether the U.S. rules would carry over. We can't say for certain, but our understanding is that the U.S. entrance policy will not be in effect. With festival seating being more common in Europe, venues there tend to have systems already in place -- no need to override them or fix what ain't broke. If that changes, we'll have word here.
    Home fires: Remember how we reported that Patti Scialfa would "definitely" be in Europe? As of now it's looking like... maybe not so definite. Just another reminder of how little in this thing of ours is set in stone.
    Magical mystery tour: Speaking of not set in stone, a rumored itinerary for fall U.S. dates has been floating around in recent days. Sources tell us that there's truth to it -- we're likely looking at a two-month arena leg in September and October, leading off with Bruce and the band's August 30 Milwaukee show. But as always, we wait for official confirmation; you'll know when it's posted here that a fall schedule is no longer tentative. View the current official itinerary here.
    C'mon, Steve!: For the three Giants Stadium shows -- which are confirmed, marking Bruce and the E Street Band's return to the States in July -- a special package is on the auction block at charityfolks.com. Up for bids are two VIP tickets to your choice of the three shows, along with the chance to meet Little Steven. Proceeds benefit Share Our Strength, working to fight childhood hunger and currently providing disaster relief to victims of the Myanmar cyclone.
    - May 21, 2008

Its not about the Magic
    Its all about The Trickery :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • celebrationcelebration Posts: 318

How about a trade? I have that Bruce darkness/btr show but I don't have
    05/02/75 - THE MAIN POINT, BRYN MAWR, PA

No worries either which way...just pm me if interested. Thanks
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I just got back from the first Dublin show. My first time seeing the Boss too.
    Holy Shit! It was amazing! I'm not a hardcore fan, so there was a good bit of stuff played that I didn't know, but there were a fair few songs that I did no aswell. Some of my favourites - 10th avenue freeze out, The river, thunder road amongst others. I'll never remember the lot. Anyway, I enjoyed the ones I didn't know equally as much as the ones I did. The new stuff was really great. Radio Nowhere was a standout for me.
    Great first experience I must say. Really good crowd. The Boss has amazing energy too, to keep up such a show. Also, it was great to see a lot of younger kids there too with their parents. It's nice to see them getting started early :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    Holy Shit! It was amazing! I'm not a hardcore fan, so there was a good bit of stuff played that I didn't know, but there were a fair few songs that I did no aswell. Some of my favourites - 10th avenue freeze out, The river, thunder road amongst others. I'll never remember the lot. Anyway, I enjoyed the ones I didn't know equally as much as the ones I did. The new stuff was really great. Radio Nowhere was a standout for me.
    Great first experience I must say. Really good crowd. The Boss has amazing energy too, to keep up such a show. Also, it was great to see a lot of younger kids there too with their parents. It's nice to see them getting started early :)

Heres the setlist ( The entire lot ;) ) for you:

Setlists: 2008

May 22 /Dublin, IRE / RDS Arena
    Notes: to come

Setlist:
    The Promised Land
    Radio Nowhere
    Lonesome Day
    Out in the Street
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Candy's Room
    Prove It All Night
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    Mary's Place
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The River
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Thunder Road
    Born to Run
    Bobby Jean
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    American Land

the setlists and accompanying notes will be posted at the backstreets website ;

http://www.backstreets.com/setlists.html

you guys got out in the street, 10th avenue, shes the one,
    the promised land AND Priove It All Night ?
    Not too shabby at all if i do say so myself !

great 1st show for you !

( are you going to anymore now that you've been bitten ? )
    platessmall.jpg
    Looking to go to a different gig, so i'm selling these general admission tickets. these are from ticketzone so they're actual GA and not the ones that were moved to seating.

looking for face value or nearest offer, obviously i'd like to sort this out asap because the concert is fast approaching.

pm me or email at r.faulder@lancaster.ac.uk
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Bathgate66 wrote:

great 1st show for you !

( are you going to anymore now that you've been bitten ? )
    Most definitely. I won't be going to the next two nights here. They're all sold out and I can't afford it anyway, but next time - I'm there front row centre :D
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638

I went last night and still can't get over how awful the crowd was.Maybe it was okay where you were but I can safely say I've never seen a worse crowd in my life from where I was for about the first hour.It was actually difficult to hear the music with people talking so loud over it.Concert didn't really pick up til 'Waitin On a Sunny Day' which got everyone singing along,from that point on it was amazing and really enjoyable,'The River' 'Thunder Road' 'Devil's Arcade' 'The Rising'...awesome stuff. The best moment was 'American Land' at which point I was shocked to see people near me going so far as to jump up and down and clap.
    My expectations were fairly high,I was at the first Dublin night of the Seeger Sessions which was easily the best gig I've ever been at or probably ever will be at.I didn't know any of the Seeger Session songs at the time and still loved it which says something about that show,it was just great fun and American Land's success last night proved that.I think that's what last night's show was missing,when you have that many yuppies in the crowd they won't get moving listening to hour long guitar and sax solos,you have to get them involved.Fair play to Bruce,he seemed to realise it albeit an hour into it...great show overall though,don't wanna sound ungrateful.It's just that I can't comprehend how people can afford 85 euro for a ticket to something and just stand there and talk.One woman actually gave out to me for shouting 'woo'! I kept doing it and jumping up and down despite the weird looks from people. Nice to see so many families there,I felt the youngest at the Seeger Sessions one but there was plenty of kids on their parents' shoulders at this,always good to see I think.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    I'm leaving the house any minute...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    I'm leaving the house any minute...
    Hey, haven't seen you around these parts for a while. How have ya been?
    You're gonna have a great time at the Boss. It was awesome last night.

Carlos D - Sorry to hear that. Whereabouts were you? I was in the pit to the right of Bruce. Close enough to the front. Everyone up around there was havin a great time.
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Hey, haven't seen you around these parts for a while. How have ya been?
    You're gonna have a great time at the Boss. It was awesome last night.

Carlos D - Sorry to hear that. Whereabouts were you? I was in the pit to the right of Bruce. Close enough to the front. Everyone up around there was havin a great time.

Yeah I could see on the big screen everyone in the pit was well up for it.I thought it was hilarious when he got down on his knees,right in front of the crowd on the barrier and you could see on the big screen that this girl was staring his crotch out of it!Haha. I was at the front for the last gig maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much,traffic was so bad this time though that it took us three hours to get up there from Newbridge so we got stuck at the right on the second barrier.I got sick of it and moved into the middle though where there was a pretty good atmosphere,actually delighted I moved cos the concert seemed to really pick up then.

Don't mind my complaining by the way,just had to get that off my chest.Have good memories of it really. Any personal highlights of the show?When he let everyone sing the first bit of the River I got goosebumps.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
    Carlos D wrote:
    Any personal highlights of the show?When he let everyone sing the first bit of the River I got goosebumps.
    That was awesome!
    I think Mary's Place and 10th Avenue Freezeout were my favourites.
    there are always what a call " kill-joys" , no matter whgat artist you may be going to see on any given night.

Its like when youre at a Pearl Jam show, - some people sit down the entire time until they hear Even Flow or Jeremy- then they lose their minds.

Hey at least Bruce and ESB have over 250 songs from their catalogue to choose from- and IMO there are very few sit down and or bathroom songs found in it..

Enjoy the Magic people,...
    platessmall.jpg
    MAY 22, NIGHT ONE OF THREE AT DUBLIN'S RDS ARENA

pics at Backstreets

It was a cool and drizzly Dublin day, settling down to a light mist as Bruce and the E Street Band kicked off their Spring 2008 European tour. "We brought the New Jersey weather with us, I guess!" Bruce said. Don't let the word arena fool you, they've most definitely made the move to stadiums. This Dublin venue is an equestrian oval -- perhaps not your standard stadium, but an open air venue vastly larger than anything the Magic tour has played so far, with a bigger stage, bigger video screens, bigger everything. So any faltering tonight can be chalked up to the performers getting the feel of the new setup, getting their stadium legs back -- not to mention the strangeness of playing in broad daylight, as "The Promised Land" opened the show at 8:10 before the sun went down. No Phantom Dan tribute video, but Bruce mentioned Danny's passing as he thanked the crowd for their good wishes.

Despite a tentative start, Bruce and the band turned in a powerful and lengthy performance, at 26 songs. Four songs between "Reason to Believe" and "She's the One" made for a kick-ass mid-set stretch. "Out in the Street," "Candy's Room," and "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" were all audibles, with the sing-along on "Sunny Day" going so well that Bruce had to hush the crowd in order to go into "The River." Patti Scialfa hasn't made the jump across the pond, with Bruce telling the crowd that as he left home, "the Guinness was being poured." But Southside Johnny was there -- "the most dangerous man in show business" -- singing backup and clowning around on "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out." And here in the land of its inspiration, "American Land" closed the show.

Next: The Dublin stand continues Friday and Sunday nights.

For the full song list, and reports from other recent performances,
    platessmall.jpg
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Night
    Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender
    Lonesome Day
    The Promised Land
    Magic
    Trapped
    Murder Incorporated
    Darlington County
    Prove It All Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    Mary's Place
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Jungleland
    Born to Run
    Glory Days
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land

Hey Hitch, you were right. It was amazing. Was hankering for Rosalita, Blinded by the Light or Thunder Road, but Given what we got, it was fantastic.Never seen Bruce before, so I was blown away by his performance. So much energy! "Promised Land" was an early highlight, just tremendous, and Magic was really nice. The downside was that the crowd (at least where I was) was fucking terrible. There were people next to me who talked non-stop through every single song, saying inane things like "ooh, you should go and see George Michael the next time. He was fantastic - like listening to one of his CDs"( Anyone who ever says that is a philistine who should be forever banned from all live music events for the sake of the rest of us, in my "humble" opinion.) Came to a head during what seemed to be a really intense and beautiful Devil's Arcade, but I couldn't tell because I could just hear distracting chatter so much more than the song. When I eventually turned to them to tell them to keep quiet, they told me not to be so rude. One guy actually stared to pick a fight, so I did what I should've done long before and pushed my way out of there. I ended up missing "The Rising" and "Last to Die" during all of this. But from then on it was unspeakably amazing, from the end of the first set right through the encore. I've got no words for "Jungleland", and "Dancing in the Dark" was a big surprise, with fiddle gratifyingly standing in for the synth, and a big bald 40-year-old man standing in for Courtney Cox ("I love you / you're so hot / on that show..." ). As for "American Land", that was like a big drunken karaoke cêilî, that was never going to end, and I wish it hadn't. I also wish I was going on Sunday. whoever is, is in for a treat
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
    U2 (MINUS ONE) CATCHES THE BOSS IN DUBLIN
    May 24, 2008
    posted by: m2

@U2 reader Dave H. reports from Ireland that all of U2, minus Adam
    Clayton but including Paul McGuinness, was in attendance for Bruce
    Springsteen's gig Friday night at the RDS in Dublin. (Thx Dave!)

platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    U2 (MINUS ONE) CATCHES THE BOSS IN DUBLIN
    May 24, 2008
    posted by: m2

@U2 reader Dave H. reports from Ireland that all of U2, minus Adam
    Clayton but including Paul McGuinness, was in attendance for Bruce
    Springsteen's gig Friday night at the RDS in Dublin. (Thx Dave!)

My friends mam met him in town on Saturday before the second gig. She got a kiss and an autograph. I'm jealous on both counts regardless of my heterosexuality :D

edit: Born to Run just came on on random. Awesome!
    Did They open up these shows with the Calliope , like they had been on the first US Leg ?

It an amazing spectical to see/hear that thing upon shows opening,...
    platessmall.jpg
    I had to look up what that was :p
    And no, not to my recollection.
    MAY 25, DUBLIN NIGHT THREE: FEELING THE SPIRIT
    If you caught one of the first two Dublin shows but not the third, you might be taken aback to hear them described as warm-ups. But they really were trial laps compared to Sunday night at the RDS Arena, when Springsteen and the E Street Band put pedal to the metal and blew the doors off. Now thoroughly in stadium mode and completely comfortable on the bigger stage, this was the show of the stand. A happy, appreciative Springsteen clearly knew it -- and two bonus songs after "American Land" served as the victory lap. This night was even more physical, with Bruce running up and down, back and forth, and making the most of the three stage thrusts to interact with the crowd. As they grabbed at his legs on "Spirit in the Night" -- "Can you feel the spirit?" he sang in a new intro -- Bruce took advantage of the hold to do a complete backbend, all the way down. Yes, literally bending over backwards to please.

A powerhouse trio of "Gypsy Biker," "Atlantic City," and "Reason to Believe" shook the RDS foundations. But it was next that the surprises really started coming. One might have thought that "Spirit" would be the night's flashback for Danny, but here Springsteen thanked the crowd for their condolences and offered two more: "Sandy" into "Growin' Up." There was a Danny-gets-busted story, and Bruce also told the crowd: "Danny's name was Federici, but he was adopted -- that red hair and freckles... I'm sure he was Irish."

052508a.jpg

Patti remains absent from this leg so far, Bruce now telling the crowd, "The fort must be guarded at all times." Also missing was "Devil's Arcade," dropped from the five-pack and replaced by "Racing in the Street." This Darkness epic is obviously a far cry from stadium sing-alongs like "Sunny Day" or "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," but it they brought it off and then some -- even indoors, this "Racing" would have been a stand-out, but hushing a venue of this size, it was astounding communal moment.

bruce in a pimp hat from a fan :
    052508b.jpg

Is the band ready?" Bruce asked in the encore, "Are the people ready? Is the band ready? Are the people ready?" A great, goofy "Rosalita" was followed by "Dancing in the Dark." Once again a frightened girl had to be quickly handed back to her parents after Bruce tried to bring her up for a dance... maybe the stadium crowd is just that much more intimidating? "If this keeps happening," said Bruce, "I'm gonna be cited for child abuse!" By this point in the show, though, he had everyone else eating out of the palm of his hand, too in the groove to stop with "American Land." "One more for Dublin!" Bruce hollered -- which turned into two more for Dublin, as "Ramrod" (complete with silly hat mugging) gave way to "Glory Days" without a breath. Stretched out to two hours and 45 minutes, it was a sensational performance.

Setlist:
    No Surrender
    Radio Nowhere
    The Ties That Bind
    Spirit in the Night
    Gypsy Biker
    Atlantic City
    Reason to Believe
    4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
    Growin' Up
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    Mary's Place
    The Promised Land
    Racing in the Street
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
    Born to Run
    Rosalita
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land
    Ramrod
    Glory Days
    platessmall.jpg
    1. No Surrender
    2. Radio Nowhere
    3. Night
    4. Lonesome Day
    5. The Promised Land
    6. Magic
    7. Trapped
    8. Adam Raised A Cain
    9. Darlington County (request)
    10. It’s Hard To Be A Saint In The City (request)
    11. Because The Night
    12. She’s The One
    13. Livin’ In The Future
    14. Mary’s Place
    15. I’ll Work For Your Love
    16. Devil’s Arcade
    17. The Rising
    18. Last To Die
    19. Long Walk Home
    20. Badlands

21. Growin’ Up (Request for Brad aged 6)
    22. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    23. Born To Run
    24. Rosalita (request)
    25. Dancing In The Dark
    26. American Land

Last night was my first ever Bruce show. There's only thing thing that has to be said...

Bruce.Is.The.Boss.

Absolutely phenomenal show! Arrived at 9.30am and met some great people who we spent the day with (Kath, who we traveled to the show with, Graham, Jan, John)..so if you're on this forum i just want to say hello and thank you all for making the whole experience a perfect one.

Managed to get right to the front, just off centre so had a perfect view of everyone. The setlist was near-perfect imo, although on certain songs i think the sound wasn't brilliant, especially Bruce's mic. Maybe it was clearer further back on the field.

The songs from Magic sounded great, in particular Radio Nowhere, Magic, and Long Walk Home - the crowd really seemed to enjoy the latter song. Everyone went nuts for Badlands, Born To Run, Trapped (which was AMAZING), Hard to Be a Saint, Born To Run, Mary's Place, Darlington County, American Land etc.

American Land is one of the best show closers i have ever seen. By that point, everyone around us was dancing and there were a group of guys who were so ecsatic they had their arms around each other dancing in a circle as if it was an Irish jig song!

Other highlights - Nils' brilliant solo during 'Because The Night' (spinning around on stage, jumping up and down, kicking his legs out like a madman)
    - Nils and Bruce taking a stroll along the front of the stage singing to the camera during Darlington County.
    - The amount of times Bruce came out into the crowd to sing to everyone and get everyone to sing. I lost count how many times he involved the crowd.
    - Badlands. The power of this last night was off the chart. Whenever i caught a glimpse of the screens during this song i could see the whole floor just going completely insane. It gave me goosebumps.
    - The people around me. There was a girl behind me for most of the show and i think i kept hitting her in the face with my big hair lol, i kept apologising and she said it was ok. I felt bad though, she moved about two rows back for the last 25 mins or so, and another young girl moved forward and she had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. Graham and some friends kept reaching over to hug me/high-five/ruffle my hair thanks to the eurphoria we all felt. A couple to my right danced together all night with smiles on their faces. It really moved me to see so many happy people close together.
    - The crowd in general. For the most part, the people in the stands were quite reserved, singing and clapping along but staying seated. But, Bruce got them all to wave their hands and clap at the beginning of Mary's Place which was great. The 'Are You Ready?' back and forth singing was LOUD. The floor was great for the most part, really enthusiastic all night, singing and dancing to most songs.

Oh, and it was great that he played Growin' Up which was a request of a little boy wearing big read headphones sat on his dad's shoulder. Bruce told a little story before the final verse as if he was the little boy...'so there i was, at my first rock and roll concert, sat on my dad's shoulder's and he's making me wear these big red headphones'. The kid loved the song, we could all see because the camera kept showing him on the screen dancing and waving his arms around.

All in all, it was a perfect first show. And now i'm sooooo tempted to go to Cardiff. Thanks everyone!

• HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    I LOVE marys place!
    Nice to know you.
    Last night was my first ever Bruce show. There's only thing thing that has to be said...

Bruce.Is.The.Boss.

Absolutely phenomenal show! Arrived at 9.30am and met some great people who we spent the day with (Kath, who we traveled to the show with, Graham, Jan, John)..so if you're on this forum i just want to say hello and thank you all for making the whole experience a perfect one.

Managed to get right to the front, just off centre so had a perfect view of everyone. The setlist was near-perfect imo, although on certain songs i think the sound wasn't brilliant, especially Bruce's mic. Maybe it was clearer further back on the field.

The songs from Magic sounded great, in particular Radio Nowhere, Magic, and Long Walk Home - the crowd really seemed to enjoy the latter song. Everyone went nuts for Badlands, Born To Run, Trapped (which was AMAZING), Hard to Be a Saint, Born To Run, Mary's Place, Darlington County, American Land etc.

American Land is one of the best show closers i have ever seen. By that point, everyone around us was dancing and there were a group of guys who were so ecsatic they had their arms around each other dancing in a circle as if it was an Irish jig song!

Other highlights - Nils' brilliant solo during 'Because The Night' (spinning around on stage, jumping up and down, kicking his legs out like a madman)
    - Nils and Bruce taking a stroll along the front of the stage singing to the camera during Darlington County.
    - The amount of times Bruce came out into the crowd to sing to everyone and get everyone to sing. I lost count how many times he involved the crowd.
    - Badlands. The power of this last night was off the chart. Whenever i caught a glimpse of the screens during this song i could see the whole floor just going completely insane. It gave me goosebumps.
    - The people around me. There was a girl behind me for most of the show and i think i kept hitting her in the face with my big hair lol, i kept apologising and she said it was ok. I felt bad though, she moved about two rows back for the last 25 mins or so, and another young girl moved forward and she had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. Graham and some friends kept reaching over to hug me/high-five/ruffle my hair thanks to the eurphoria we all felt. A couple to my right danced together all night with smiles on their faces. It really moved me to see so many happy people close together.
    - The crowd in general. For the most part, the people in the stands were quite reserved, singing and clapping along but staying seated. But, Bruce got them all to wave their hands and clap at the beginning of Mary's Place which was great. The 'Are You Ready?' back and forth singing was LOUD. The floor was great for the most part, really enthusiastic all night, singing and dancing to most songs.

Oh, and it was great that he played Growin' Up which was a request of a little boy wearing big read headphones sat on his dad's shoulder. Bruce told a little story before the final verse as if he was the little boy...'so there i was, at my first rock and roll concert, sat on my dad's shoulder's and he's making me wear these big red headphones'. The kid loved the song, we could all see because the camera kept showing him on the screen dancing and waving his arms around.

All in all, it was a perfect first show. And now i'm sooooo tempted to go to Cardiff. Thanks everyone!

Reading your accounts of your first Bruce show gave me goosebumps- & helped me recollect my first time. ( Bruce /ESB @ Giants Stadium BITUSA 1984---or was it 83 :confused: )

The comradery works in unison as the Boss comandeers the entire crowd from the opening note to the closing note. Every night. Everyone does seem to be smiling, even as you walk out of the show, everyone is still smiling.
    ( I would also compare this comradery to that of the Pearl Jam fanbase as well, overall. )

Its no wonder he is legendary and an american music icon, without question.
    I suggest if Cardiff isnt too far off you make the pilgrimage to the show ( and as many others as you possibly can ) because who knows the next time you will ever have the chance to see the e street band - as we know it - - ( or if there will be the chance - especially with the death of danny recently- its gotta take its toll on the entire band )

great read ! glad you enjoyed the show and the experience !

cheers !
    platessmall.jpg
  • jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    finally got to see the boss in action. went to the friday show after work. they played for 2 hours and 40 mins almost non stop - phenomenal show. when they hit the stage, bruce was 'surprised' to 'see the sun' shining in london. so was the crowd, laughing.

he said something about friday was the first time a concert was ever held at emirates and they were going to 'test the structure of this stadium'. they didn't need to try hard to test my resolve. next day i was back at emirates unplanned, went straight to the box office and grabbed a ticket.

asked my friends who made the pilgrimage from italy for the 2 shows about the front stage pit and the special wrist band, was feeling a bit annoyed i couldn't get in on the first night.

they said the pit was for no 'special' group, didn't matter if it was your hundredth or first show, the boss crew would give the wrist bands out to the fans who only needed to turn up before the door opened. no discrimination, no special treatment. you don't need to hound them, the crew will find you. maybe that's why the fans see bruce as a working class hero. maybe that's why bruce's fans - young and old, and i mean old, old, can embrace each other and shake their body together throughout the show. amazing.

was really amazed too how bruce could take so many requests and the band could play the songs just like that - 'a living jukebox' said a fan. played point blank the first night. second night, a guy next to me put up a sign for thunder crack but bruce said 'that was too hard'.

the guy then shouted for i wanna be with you, everyone seemed glad bruce didn't hear that, or pretended not to hear that. i was pretty sure the guy was straight. don't think his requests written on something very much looked like a handbag was the reason bruce turned down the request.

when he was playing all the requests on the second night, bruce told a story about danny and the marijuana plant in his car, when the police towed the car away, danny was going to tell the police that the car was stolen.

funny that the next day, my italian friend told me about his stories on the road, when one day, when they were driving back to italy after a boss show, the police stopped them and asked where they were driving from. the police searched their vehicle when they said they had just been to amsterdam.

guess that's why the fans can relate to the band, through their songs or lives - bruce springsteen and the e-street band are everyday people. after my first show on friday, my italian friend sent me a text message 'yeah! you've seen the pants-droppin' body-shakin history-makin' legendary e-street band'.

oh yeah, i could relate to that. ok, my pants almost dropped because i didn't wear a belt but it had much to do about me losing a few kilos from my body-shakin'.

wished the band had toured the part of the world where i was from, so i didn't have to wait this long. if they actually did, i was too young to remember. when i was born to run in 1975, the band was already born to rock.

bong

disclaimer: this was written based on my 2 day surreal experience from watching the band's shows. if anything was factually inaccurate, or if i offended anyone in particular, i apologise.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
    jeaubong wrote:
    finally got to see the boss in action. went to the friday show after work. they played for 2 hours and 40 mins almost non stop - phenomenal show. when they hit the stage, bruce was 'surprised' to 'see the sun' shining in london. so was the crowd, laughing.

he said something about friday was the first time a concert was ever held at emirates and they were going to 'test the structure of this stadium'. they didn't need to try hard to test my resolve. next day i was back at emirates unplanned, went straight to the box office and grabbed a ticket.

asked my friends who made the pilgrimage from italy for the 2 shows about the front stage pit and the special wrist band, was feeling a bit annoyed i couldn't get in on the first night.

they said the pit was for no 'special' group, didn't matter if it was your hundredth or first show, the boss crew would give the wrist bands out to the fans who only needed to turn up before the door opened. no discrimination, no special treatment. you don't need to hound them, the crew will find you. maybe that's why the fans see bruce as a working class hero. maybe that's why bruce's fans - young and old, and i mean old, old, can embrace each other and shake their body together throughout the show. amazing.

was really amazed too how bruce could take so many requests and the band could play the songs just like that - 'a living jukebox' said a fan. played point blank the first night. second night, a guy next to me put up a sign for thunder crack but bruce said 'that was too hard'.

the guy then shouted for i wanna be with you, everyone seemed glad bruce didn't hear that, or pretended not to hear that. i was pretty sure the guy was straight. don't think his requests written on something very much looked like a handbag was the reason bruce turned down the request.

when he was playing all the requests on the second night, bruce told a story about danny and the marijuana plant in his car, when the police towed the car away, danny was going to tell the police that the car was stolen.

funny that the next day, my italian friend told me about his stories on the road, when one day, when they were driving back to italy after a boss show, the police stopped them and asked where they were driving from. the police searched their vehicle when they said they had just been to amsterdam.

guess that's why the fans can relate to the band, through their songs or lives - bruce springsteen and the e-street band are everyday people. after my first show on friday, my italian friend sent me a text message 'yeah! you've seen the pants-droppin' body-shakin history-makin' legendary e-street band'.

oh yeah, i could relate to that. ok, my pants almost dropped because i didn't wear a belt but it had much to do about me losing a few kilos from my body-shakin'.

wished the band had toured the part of the world where i was from, so i didn't have to wait this long. if they actually did, i was too young to remember. when i was born to run in 1975, the band was already born to rock.

bong

disclaimer: this was written based on my 2 day surreal experience from watching the band's shows. if anything was factually inaccurate, or if i offended anyone in particular, i apologise.

loved reading this as well as the other reviews from our European brotheren.
    Glad you saw the band and jumped on the back to back chances.
    great job. !

fantastic persepctive on these fan taken photos:
    enjoy !

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopic.php?t=95371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    platessmall.jpg

Bruce.Is.The.Boss.

jeaubong wrote:

bong

OK

as if i wasnt jealous of you europeans enough- from reading these accounts ,

then I found this.
    How beautiful this must have been- for everyone in attendance and especially those lucky few in the very front.
    amazing !
    platessmall.jpg
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    OK

as if i wasnt jealous of you europeans enough- from reading these accounts ,

then I found this.
    How beautiful this must have been- for everyone in attendance and especially those lucky few in the very front.
    amazing !

That's fantastic, can't wait now......June 14th, Cardiff......:D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • fragileblakefragileblake Posts: 716
    Anybody know the song that bruce tags at the beginning of live versions of "Mary's Place" on the rising tour?