Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    When are the ticket drops usually? I've been looking obsessively for Boston.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Radio Nowhere
    The Ties That Bind
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason To Believe
    Night
    She's The One
    Livin' In The Future
    The Promised Land
    Code of Silence (with Joe Grushecky) Tour Premiere
    Backstreets
    Working On The Highway
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last To Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands

Youngstown Tour Premiere
    Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    Kitty's Back
    Born To Run
    Dancing In The Dark
    American Land

:eek:
    Youngtown ? :eek:

Niiiiiiiiice setlist,....

Great setlist. :)
  • Options
    Youngstown?

Fuck yeah
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    drew0 wrote:
    holy shit - i should have checked this board before i left. you were like...10 feet behind me. i was pointing out to my friends that i wanted your shirt...haha. i was the kid in the riot act shirt...that was probably staring at you - thinking of saying something, not it a perverted way or anything.

what a fucking show...that was amazing. i have never seen energy like that at a show...ever. bruce controlled the crowd by the move of a finger, and never let once ounce of energy leave that arena. he had me going from start to finish.

it also helped that we got amazing position for the general admission...second row (behind the camera fence, would have been about 5th row if that wasn't there.)

haha yea i saw the riot act shirt. i think we may have had the only two PJ shirts there. great show although i couldn't believe about half the arena was sitting down for about half the show and they didnt play my favorite song (no surrender)!
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I know this has been asked before..so sorry.

I am going to the Monday show at the Boston Garden.

What time does he go on about? What time should I enter the buliding?
    What time does the show end? I am worried about the train.

I have GA tickets. What is the deal with these?

Thanks.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    There are tickets RIGHT NOW to Albany tonight. Since I can't go, someone else should! I just pulled up section 103 row A.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Man, now I'm waiting for a Ryan Adams announcement as well as the Bruce announcement. Next year may be the best concert year ever.....(and will be awesome because I'm getting married too - in case my bride to be happens to read this ;))
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Albany Tonight SUCKAs fuck I'm pumped!!!! never seen Bruce before you old people in the crowd better stand up and yell!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,377
    I know this has been asked before..so sorry.

I am going to the Monday show at the Boston Garden.

What time does he go on about? What time should I enter the buliding?
    What time does the show end? I am worried about the train.

I have GA tickets. What is the deal with these?

Thanks.
    Read Bathgate's post #1133 above for the GA policy...it should be much the same in Boston. If you want a shot at being in the pit, be there before 5 to get a wristband, and hope you get lucky in the lottery. (And if you're as tall as Greg Kite, don't stand in front of me please :D)
    I would assume Bruce to hit the stage in the 8:30 range.(so if you get in the pit, you'll basically have 2 hours or more of standing waiting for the Boss)

Usually over by 11ish, though he has played well past curfew in Boston in the past and where this is the final show of the first leg, he might play longer.

I'll be arriving around 3:30 to get my wristband, see you on the floor.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I know a bunch of folks going to tonight's Albany show...if you see a bunch of old people slugging LaBatts, that's probably my crowd!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    gndcd402 wrote:
    haha yea i saw the riot act shirt. i think we may have had the only two PJ shirts there. great show although i couldn't believe about half the arena was sitting down for about half the show and they didnt play my favorite song (no surrender)!

i wanted no surrender and thunder road...my two favorite songs. oh well, it was still one of the best shows i've ever seen...and not just because i was 5 feet from the stage.

i still can't believe how much energy bruce has...

yeah, weird...a lot of people were sitting down. but for every one of those people you had someone that was going so crazy i thought their head was about to explode. that place all went nuts during born to run though...

i'm thinking of catching the buffalo show...or praying he comes back around to pittsburgh next year.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band

Thursday, Feb 28
    Hartford Civic Center
    Hartford, CT
    On Sale Mon, 11/19, 10 am

Is this old news???
    I haven't been paying attention.

Not old news.

I'm going to try and get tix.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Is it me or is 'Girls In Their Summer Clothes' sound like a classic Beach Boys/Roy Orbison type 60s song? It just sounds timeless. Reminds me of the boardwalk.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Yes, I totally agree - especially the bridge. Is it just me or does bruce come up with the sweetest bridges?
    Is it me or is 'Girls In Their Summer Clothes' sound like a classic Beach Boys/Roy Orbison type 60s song? It just sounds timeless. Reminds me of the boardwalk.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    mulva9 wrote:
    When are the ticket drops usually? I've been looking obsessively for Boston.

im hearing that Boston drops will most likely occur much like the drops @ MSG ( at the Venue only on a " drop " line ) , not on TM or TMs website.
    This doesnt bode well for me.

:(
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    im hearing that Boston drops will most likely occur much like the drops @ MSG ( at the Venue only on a " drop " line ) , not on TM or TMs website.
    This doesnt bode well for me.

:(

That's not good. Especially for out of towners.
  • Options
    mulva9 wrote:
    That's not good. Especially for out of towners.

at least youre in Boston.

Like you said, us out of towners are not going to be successful if thats how they do it -
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    drew0 wrote:
    i wanted no surrender and thunder road...my two favorite songs. oh well, it was still one of the best shows i've ever seen...and not just because i was 5 feet from the stage.

i still can't believe how much energy bruce has...

yeah, weird...a lot of people were sitting down. but for every one of those people you had someone that was going so crazy i thought their head was about to explode. that place all went nuts during born to run though...

i'm thinking of catching the buffalo show...or praying he comes back around to pittsburgh next year.

here's some pics and 2 vids i got from sneaking my camera in :D too bad everything appears so dark in the pics....
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/gndcd402/bruce/
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    HA! i told you guys "youngstown" should be played and BLAM it gets played. just like i said "Jackson Cage" should be played.. BLAM it gets played. i'm very happy.
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    here's some pics and 2 vids i got from sneaking my camera in :D too bad everything appears so dark in the pics....
    http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a302/gndcd402/bruce/

fucking awesome !

gotta love soozie

magic is awesome too
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Sandy came out last night...as did the E Street Shuffle!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Absoulutely Unbelievable Show last night!!!!

SANDY INTO THE E STREET SHUFFLE. HOLY SHIT. I didn't know whether to pass out in shock or cry! First time those two songs have been played together since 1975!!!! 15 years before I was born!!

Great night all around except for the crowd, at least where I was. Kinda figured that Albany's crowd would suck, being that in 2005, the morons in my section were complaining that the beer service was stopped at 8 and that there was no E Street Band. I guess the "solo" phrase on the ticket didn't register. I ended up in Section 224 last night which was filled with the pseudo types. Taking piss breaks during new songs and standing only for Badlands and Born to Run. I was yelled at several times being told to "sit down." Obviously these people did not respect or understand the magnitude of this show. How was the crowd in other sections?

I still am in shock. Bruce always out does himself. No Surrender, Darkness and Thunder Road were about as intense as it can possibly get. And the new songs I love live. I'll Work For Your Love was a nice treat.

And I thought Incident in Philly 2 was as good as it got. Bravo Bruce. Keep em coming. Can't wait for Hartford.....
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    BOSTON CONCERT INFO
    Beantown's the last stop before Europe, the final two shows of this North American leg. For general admission lottery info and other details for Sunday and Monday nights, check tdbanknorthgarden.com.
    -November 16, 2007

http://www.tdbanknorthgarden.com/BruceInfo.pdf
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Otis64 wrote:

SANDY INTO THE E STREET SHUFFLE. HOLY SHIT. I didn't know whether to pass out in shock or cry! First time those two songs have been played together since 1975!!!! 15 years before I was born!!

Great night all around except for the crowd, at least where I was. Kinda figured that Albany's crowd would suck, being that in 2005, the morons in my section were complaining that the beer service was stopped at 8 and that there was no E Street Band. I guess the "solo" phrase on the ticket didn't register. I ended up in Section 224 last night which was filled with the pseudo types. Taking piss breaks during new songs and standing only for Badlands and Born to Run. I was yelled at several times being told to "sit down." Obviously these people did not respect or understand the magnitude of this show. How was the crowd in other sections?

I still am in shock. Bruce always out does himself. No Surrender, Darkness and Thunder Road were about as intense as it can possibly get. And the new songs I love live. I'll Work For Your Love was a nice treat.

And I thought Incident in Philly 2 was as good as it got. Bravo Bruce. Keep em coming. Can't wait for Hartford.....

Dude I was totally on the floor and it kicked ass.
    I just about busted a nut to promised land it that was the highlight of the night for me.

Along with Radio Nowhere into No Surrender then bam Lonesome Day that was wicked wild!!!!

About the beer situation yeah it did suck, but I solved that by quadroople fisting those plastic bottles. I guess I learned my lesson after PJ played there last year.

Wild show I was supprised how good it was, so I would def go see Bruce again.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    Dude I was totally on the floor and it kicked ass.
    I just about busted a nut to promised land it that was the highlight of the night for me.

Along with Radio Nowhere into No Surrender then bam Lonesome Day that was wicked wild!!!!

About the beer situation yeah it did suck, but I solved that by quadroople fisting those plastic bottles. I guess I learned my lesson after PJ played there last year.

Wild show I was supprised how good it was, so I would def go see Bruce again.

supprised ?

really? :confused:
    i guess being your first time , that might be natural.
    But after that initial first show, youll quickly come to learn that you become surprised when the show isnt good, ( it never happens )

And not to be judgemental- but next time perhaps you might like it even better if you were more sober ( quadroople fisted ? :eek: ) . :eek:

Looking more and more like the Boston drops will follow MSGs lead and only happen at the venue- not thru Ticketmaster.

Foil the scalpers, but kinda puts a damper on it for us out-of-towners.

:)

November 15 / Albany, NY / Times Union Center
    Notes: A stunner of a setlist, and a start-to-finish smoking performance to match. First of all, the "Reason to Believe"/"She's the One" sandwich was a double-decker, with both "Darkness on the Edge of Town" and "Candy's Room" in the middle -- cool on paper, and incredibly powerful in performance. But it wasn't the jaw-dropper of the set. For that, we direct your attention forward a few songs, to what Bruce called a "double shot from Wild & Innocent!" It was a passionate "4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)" into "The E Street Shuffle," both rarities in their own right, and back-to-back like this we're talking hen's teeth. This was a crowd that appreciated what they were getting, too. For "Sandy," it was spotlight on Danny Federici, literally -- Phantom Dan was bathed in light as he stepped out from behind the organ for some beautiful accordion playing. "Sandy" was last played at Giants Stadium in 2003, but for the last E Street Band performance of "E Street Shuffle," you've got to go back to the end of the reunion tour, July 1, 2000. In the encore, Springsteen dedicated "Thunder Road" to Matty Delia, "one of my best friends in the whole world," on his 53rd birthday. And after the spirited crowd held their own, singing out the beginning of the song up to "that's alright with me," Bruce stepped back to the mic and said, "Me too!" No Patti tonight, but we hear she'll be back for Boston.

Setlist:
    Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Candy's Room
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    I'll Work For Your Love
    4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
    E Street Shuffle

Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Thunder Road
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    wow :eek:

Just watched Bruce film the "Girls In the Summer Clothes" video this afternoon.
    He was on the beach in Ocean Grove, the town just south of Asbury Park.
    They started around 1 p.m. They did about four takes of the song on the beach just north of the fishing pier.
    Then they did a couple takes under the fishing pier with Bruce walking around on the beach.
    The final two takes started just before 4 p.m. and Bruce was strumming an acoustic guitar while standing on the sand dunes near the boardwalk, just south of the fishing pier.
    A crowd of about 30 people had gathered, and we were allowed to watch from the boardwalk, no nore than 15 feet from Bruce.
    It was very cold and a bit windy out.
    When Bruce finished the first take he said to us: "Everyone should take their coats off too to show solidarity."
    He did another take as the crew wanted to get another shot in before the sun went down.
    After finishing the second take Bruce said "beautiful, just beautiful" as the small crowd gave him a standing ovation.
    He then went off to his trailer and signed a few autographs on his way in.
    It was just Bruce being filmed today. There were no extras.
    Stan
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Looking more and more like the Boston drops will follow MSGs lead and only happen at the venue- not thru Ticketmaster.

Foil the scalpers, but kinda puts a damper on it for us out-of-towners.
    So what exactly happened at MSG? How much time prior to show time did they release tickets? Is it something where you purchase and have to go right into the venue?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i wouldn't want to shoot a video for a song called "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" in New Jersey in November! it was cold this week.
  • Options
    Otis64 wrote:

That was my first Springsteen show and it was unbelievable. The energy he brings is phenomenal. Clarence on the sax is a beautiful sound. They nailed it, every note. Unreal. As for those who wanted me to sit down, it didn't happen. How do you sit down during a show like that. Albany's crowds do suck. They pulled the same shit during the Genesis show this past September. Fuck it, I'm standing and jamming all night long!

So amazing that I had to get tickets to the Rochester show in March :)
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    i got on right at noon today and got tix in section 110 for the atlanta show @ philips arena.

can't wait!!!

(i could've gotten GA floor tix, but i'm old, damnit!)

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!