Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    they held the Bob Wooddruff Charity tonight- and Bernie Williams was honored, and Bruce made an appearance, where his Harley Davidson sold for $ 85 , 000 bucks.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ok looseends this is what happened in detroit.
    There was 780 or so wristbands handed out 570 got into the pit(which has been the largest so far on this tour). It does not matter what number you get since it is a lottery. Make sure all 4 of you are together and have consective numbers or they wil only let 2 of the 4 in if they make or vice verse.
    My dad and I had numbers 160 and 161. at around 5:15 they started lining us up inside cause of the weather. They did it by numbers so by the time this was all done it was around 6pm or so. Jerry saw this girl and asked if she wanted to pick the number she did the number she pulled out was 175. She had a low number so she was not the first one in like some other person was.
    People with wristbands numbered 175 to 745 were in the pit. they lined up and brought them down single file to the pit.
    Now for the rest of us
    the next person in line was 746 and then 747, 748 ... to 780. then they started back at number 1 than 2, 3 ,4..... to number 174.
    Than the people withouth wristbands were allowed to go after we were all down on the floor.
    They handed out the wristbands from 2pm to 5:15pm.
    It does not matter what time you get there or not it is a lottery so when they get ready to pull that number cross your fingers and hope it is under yours.

boston coming up quick ! ! :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Just found out I'm going to Bruce in DC!!! YEA!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Just found out I'm going to Bruce in DC!!! YEA!!!!!

Bruce & ESB are gonna go off in DC !

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bruce:

ANNOUNCE THE 2ND FUCKING LEG ALREADY - THIS SHIT IS KILLIN' ME BOSS!

That is all,

Blake
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bruce & ESB are gonna go off in DC !

enjoy !

jesus christ on a bicycle i hope you are right. I'm counting down the hours till sunday's show. going to be an amazing day.
    what time does Bruce hit the stage? 8pm or so. play for about 2.5 hours?
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    blackngold wrote:
    jesus christ on a bicycle i hope you are right. I'm counting down the hours till sunday's show. going to be an amazing day.
    what time does Bruce hit the stage? 8pm or so. play for about 2.5 hours?

They hit the stage at about 8:20 and the show usually runs a little after 10:30. Anywhere between 2:10 or 2:15 sets including encores. Time flies by......
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    Bruce & Bernie

Joe Torre still in New York state of mind

BY CHRISTIAN RED
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, November 10th 2007, 4:00 AM

Print Email Suggest a Story

Joe Torre at his Safe at Home gala on Friday night.

The only hint of Dodger Blue was a draping of the same color surrounding the red carpet area and an appearance by Ned Colletti, whom Joe Torre now calls general manager, and Don Mattingly, who followed the former Yankee skipper west.

Otherwise, last night's fifth annual Safe At Home Foundation gala at Chelsea Piers still had a pinstriped feel to it.

Four days after he slipped on a Dodgers jersey and was announced as the team's new manager at a massive press conference at Dodger Stadium, Torre channeled his New York roots once again, presiding over the charity dinner and live auction that helps raise money and awareness in the fight against domestic abuse. Torre and his wife Ali started the foundation in 2002.

There was star power in the form of Bruce Springsteen, who performed for the 700-plus guests, and comedian Billy Crystal, a close friend of Torre's.

Mayor Bloomberg, "Sopranos" actress Lorraine Bracco, Hall of Fame Cardinals pitcher Bob Gibson were also on hand.

And of course, there were the Yankees past and present, including captain Derek Jeter and free agents Jorge Posada and Mariano Rivera, as well as Yogi Berra, Bernie Williams, Paul O'Neill and David Cone.

Among the night's highlights was Williams joining Springsteen on stage for "Glory Days," in which the former Yankee center fielder brought down the house with two guitar solos. Springsteen, who also delighted the audience, played a song tribute to Torre and the Yankees and said he would include it on his next album.

Torre's ring finger was conspicuously absent of any of the four World Series rings he won with the Yankees.

"They'll always be my players," Torre said of the team he managed the past 12 seasons, even though he's officially gone Hollywood.

Indeed, in addition to reuniting with some of his former players last night, Torre said he and Ali have no plans to sell their Westchester home just yet and will remain living in the area at least until their daughter Andrea finishes this school year.

"I don't think we're going to look to sell the house. We like it here. We really found a home here. We've always talked about when the career was over, but certainly we didn't expect something else to start up," said Torre. "But we always talked about always having a place here to come back."

Torre said Safe At Home will remain based on the East Coast and he will continue to host a New York City dinner each year. "Safe At Home is not going to lose its New York roots," he said. "We'd like to get it started on (the West) Coast. But we're still going to plan on having the dinner here next year. We've always wanted to go national with our message. I guess we'll start on two coasts and work our way to the middle."

Torre said he had started work on his new job, spending this past week familiarizing himself with his new team and talking with Colletti while the Dodgers GM was in Orlando for the GM meetings.

Both Posada and Rivera blew by the media, with Rivera only shouting, "Nice seeing you guys," as he was whisked inside.

"Right after I left the Yankees, I talked to Jorgie and Mo and I told them they've got to do what's best for their family. And I'd be surprised if they wouldn't be back here," Torre said.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bruce:

ANNOUNCE THE 2ND FUCKING LEG ALREADY - THIS SHIT IS KILLIN' ME BOSS!

That is all,

Blake

I hope we hear some news soon.
  • Options
    Ok, this isn't tour-related and i'm sorry if i'm out of line but i'm curious...

whats available in terms of good bootleg dvds? like any other band, i'm sure its frowned upon but i know there's probably loads of really good bootleg dvds of Bruce out there. I have absolutely none and i'm looking to get my hands on a few, preferably pro-shot too. I've seen some amazing pro-shot footage on youtube from the 80s which i'd really like. So any help is appreciated :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    bruce has security dedicated soley for camera users, so boots are hard to come by.

id suggest checking out greasylake, or maybe the BTX bootleg list. ( its for MP3s tho )

i do know of that one VFC concert - from NJ- 10-13-04, where ed walked out and did a few songs with ESB and Bruce ( including a full EStreet Band Betterman ) thats the only DVD Boot i really know of, however-- im sure there are others out there .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    I have a pro-shot boot of a show from Paris in 1985, I'm sure you can score something on the vineyard over at btx.
  • Options
    how could i forget the Vineyard.

That section is awesome too .

this is a clip from the Woodruff Benefit.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd183/psupamnj/?action=view&current=DSCF0037.flv

there is a photobucket album also:

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd183/psupamnj/
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    1. Radio Nowhere
    2. No Surrender
    3. Lonesome Day
    4. Gypsy Biker
    5. Magic
    6. Reason To Believe
    7. Night
    8. She's The One
    9. Livin' In The Future
    10. Promised Land
    11. I'll Work For Your Love
    12. Tunnel of Love
    13. Working on the Highway
    14. Devil's Arcade
    15. The Rising
    16. Last To Die
    17. Long Walk Home
    18. Badlands

19. Girls In Their Winter Clothes
    20. GROWIN UP
    21. Kitty's Back
    22. Born To Run
    23. Dancing In The Dark
    24. American Land

audience video recording of
    Growin' Up in DC

looks like Bruce has deleted Thundercrack amd slid Kittys Back into that slot.

:eek:

what a setlist !
    what a show !

word is that there were all War Vets in preferred seating , includiong many in wheelchairs and double amputees and such, from Walter Reede Medical Center.

broooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooce!
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    all i can say about last night is WOW!!!
    we got Growing Up!
  • Options
    Looks like they announced a show in Atlanta this morning with an onsale of Saturday. The question remains.....

WHERE IS THE FUCKING SECOND LEG!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!
  • Options
    Looks like they announced a show in Atlanta this morning with an onsale of Saturday. The question remains.....

WHERE IS THE FUCKING SECOND LEG!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?!
    purely speculation here but,

maybe theyll announce the rest all at once after they finish up here and then head to europe ?

the fact that now atl and st paul have been announce3d, the 08 tour is inevitable- but as youve pointed out- the question is when.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Just scored Albany Tixs!!! I cannot wait. Philly 2 will be hard to top, but with Bruce, anything is possible! If we get what Washington got last night, I may pass out.....
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    Honestly I think we may have some onsales at least before Christmas, after all, imagine how many folks would love some Bruce tickets for Christmas? Whatever shows I end up going to I'll be waiting for the drop, I'm hoping for Seattle and Portland and then perhaps going somewhere during Spring break (hopefully he doesn't play Europe in late March). My honeymoon is the last week in June, and my future wife has given me permission to see one show if hes playing anywhere in a 4 hour radius of NYC, Giants Stadium or MSG please?
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    purely speculation here but,

maybe theyll announce the rest all at once after they finish up here and then head to europe ?

the fact that now atl and st paul have been announce3d, the 08 tour is inevitable- but as youve pointed out- the question is when.
  • Options
    Honestly I think we may have some onsales at least before Christmas, after all, imagine how many folks would love some Bruce tickets for Christmas? Whatever shows I end up going to I'll be waiting for the drop, I'm hoping for Seattle and Portland and then perhaps going somewhere during Spring break (hopefully he doesn't play Europe in late March). My honeymoon is the last week in June, and my future wife has given me permission to see one show if hes playing anywhere in a 4 hour radius of NYC, Giants Stadium or MSG please?

i think you are correct

as of right now, there is an Anaheim April 7 show up on TM- onsale Sat
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    FYI - this saturday night at the lion's den, tramps like us, the springsteen tribute is doing its annual benefit show before thanksgiving. i went two years ago and they rocked.

http://www.trampslikeus.com/index.htm
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    FYI - this saturday night at the lion's den, tramps like us, the springsteen tribute is doing its annual benefit show before thanksgiving. i went two years ago and they rocked.

http://www.trampslikeus.com/index.htm

yes X Man !
    I may be attending this !

Tramps Like Us: The Ultimate Springsteen Tribute will be playing the Lions Den in nYC on Saturday Night 11/17. Vini "MadDog" Lopez will be sitting in on drums for some of the earlier classics. Please come down for a great night of Springsteen music. Tickets are $20, with proceeds raised going to benefit The Pediatric Cancer Foundation on behalf of the Marc S. Zeplin Foundation.

This is the 6th Annual Benefit concert that is thrown in honor of my cousin Marc Zeplin, who lost his life on 9/11. Marc was a huge Springsteen fan and he enjoyed Tramps Like Us. There is no better way to honor him and the love he had for his children than rocking out to Bruce while helping children.

Please support us, you'll have a great time! Tickets can be purchased at http://www.ticketweb.com.

More info on the foundation: http://www.marczeplin.com
    More info on the band: http://www.trampslikeus.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    yes X Man !
    I may be attending this !

cool, see you there.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think you are correct

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    March 7, 2008

Buffalo, NY (November 12, 2007)- Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band return to HSBC Arena on Friday, March 7, 2008 at 7:30PM.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
    March 7, 2008

Buffalo, NY (November 12, 2007)- Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band return to HSBC Arena on Friday, March 7, 2008 at 7:30PM.

Thank you for that, since sadly, it looks like I can't make it to Albany this week due to need for my presence at the business I own. I'll start making plans now for Buffalo!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    He'll be in my time zone! Thats a good sign right?

Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think you are correct

• Options
    Every Little Thing He Does Is Magic

Every Little Thing He Does Is Magic
    In introducing the title track from "Magic" at the very much sold out Verizon Center last night, Bruce Springsteen said the tune is about how "the truth gets twisted into lies, and lies get twisted into the truth." In other words: A perfect song for Washington! "Hey," he said, "this is where it all happens."

Springsteen, of course, knows from magic, having spent much of the last 30-plus years bewitching legions of music fans - particularly those of his own generation - with rich, youthful narratives, working-class anthems and trenchant political poetry. That's especially true live, where his work is the stuff of legend.

He and the E Street Band may be well past the days of the marathon concerts that sometimes pushed up against the four-hour mark, but Springsteen remains one of the most potent live performers in popular music - largely because he's among the most committed practitioners of the form, draining all of his creative energy every time he's on stage. He also maintains an unwavering faith in the power of rock 'n' roll; in turn, his own power is undeniable.

Bonding is, of course, paramount - no audience is more important to Springsteen than the one he's currently facing - and so he set out to do just that with the Verizon Center audience immediately on Sunday. "Is there anybody alive out there?" he wondered upon bounding onto the stage. "IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE?" And away he and the E Street Band went with "Radio Nowhere," a chugging rocker about searching for connections in a disconnected world.

The song was one of nine from "Magic" included in Sunday's marvelous and somewhat eclectic 24-song set, which reached all the way back to 1973 for a couple of old gems: "Kitty's Back" and "Growin' Up."

We'll have a more fully formed review of the concert in Tuesday's Style section (and, of course, on This Very Web Site). As you can probably gather, it's going to be overwhelmingly positive, since last night's show was one of the best big-venue concerts I've seen since, well ... since May of 2006, when Springsteen hosted an amazing old-timey hootenanny at Nissan Pavilion.

For now, here's last night's set list with some observations and thoughts from my notebook.

Radio Nowhere: Ringing guitar attack, sticky melody and lyrical theme make it a great opener. Stripped of some of the studio version's gloss, the song is more effective live than on CD/MP3/LP/etc. The mix is a little bit muddy for my tastes. Then again, so is Brendan O'Brien's production on "Magic."

No Surrender: The closing chords of "Radio Nowhere" are still ringing as the band starts in here; one of many terrific transitions on the night. It's even more interesting to hear Bruce sing "I'm ready to grow young again" now, at the age of 58, than it was 23 years ago. He seems to put particular emphasis on the lyric "peaceful skies."

Lonesome Day: "Joke's on me/It's gonna be okay/If I can just get through this lonesome day." So much for not surrendering. Nils Lofgren really announces his presence with a short blast of howling guitar.

Gypsy Biker: Bruce's moaning harmonica sets up this haunting tale about a soldier returning home in a casket. Much more powerful live than on "Magic." Steven Van Zandt and Bruce trade tangled riffs during their two dueling solos, and it sounds great.

Magic: Patti Scialfa sings harmony vocals, but the real co-star here is Soozie Tyrell and her sawing fiddle. "Trust none of what you hear/And less of what you see," Bruce sings.

Reason to Believe: The only "Nebraska" song in the set, it's delivered as a bluesy stomp.

Night: An old warhorse that somehow still sounds fresh, as if Springsteen et al remain these restless, romantic young souls whose world is, in fact, busting at its seams. Max Weinberg really pushes the tempo here with his furious but steady drumming. The man is a Hemi.

She's the One: Love the Bo Diddley beat.

Livin' in the Future: The way the song opens - with a snare hit, a blaring tenor line from Clarence, those organ breaks from Danny Federici and Garry Tallent's swaggering bass line - really suggests "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out." But when Bruce starts talking about the state of life in America and rendition and wiretapping and whatnot, well ... it's clear that it was just a head fake. But this is serious stuff. The Constitution is under attack. We're under attack. Bruce is all worked up. "The E Street Band is here tonight to do something about it!" Beat. "We're going to sing about it. We're musicians. It's a start." Pretty funny moment.

The Promised Land: Very soulful. Very sweaty, too - every time Bruce thrusts his arm in the air, perspiration flies.

I'll Work For Your Love: Anybody looking for clues about whether this song has anything to do with Bruce and Patti's alleged domestic issues comes up empty as there are no knowing glances, winks, smiles, air kisses or even arched eyebrows exchanged. Though Bruce does huddle with Nils mid-song

Tunnel of Love: Nils shines with his pealing solos, though there's almost too much noise here, between the keyboards, the fiddle, the guitars and the echo effect. Still, I'll take that over the '80s synths of the recorded version.

Working on the Highway: A strummy boot stomper, this wouldn't have sounded out of place musically during the Seeger Sessions tour. Lyrically, though - not a match.

Devil's Arcade: Bruce says this one's "for Veterans Day" and delivers a moving, meditative performance of his somewhat vague lament from a soldier's lover who loses her man to the military.

The Rising: Band reaches skyward with post-9/11 anthem.

Last to Die Bruce's best (and most impassioned) musical rant of the set. The overdriven guitars heighten the message.

Long Walk Home: Does this song really need a Clarence sax solo that sound like all the other Clarence sax solos? Actually, what it needs is an explanation. I'm still not sure whether it's about a broken romance or a veteran who now feels like an outsider in his own hometown. Or something else entirely. The placement in the set, following the previous three songs, would seem to suggest it's about a vet. But then it's followed by . . .

Badlands: You know, where "you gotta live it everyday/Let the broken hearts stand/As the price you've gotta pay." Great marching beat. Ditto for Springsteen's woozy guitar solo.

ENCORE

Girls in Their Summer Clothes: Springsteen channels Brian Wilson and Phil Spector on a pretty song that still doesn't connect with me lyrically. I've been told I'm too young to understand - that if I revisit this song again in a couple of decades, when the girls do, in fact, pass me by, it will be deeply meaningful. We'll see.

Growin' Up: What's old is new again as this marks the first time the "Greetings from Asbury Park" tune has been played on this tour, according to Bruce. The performance is gloriously raggedy.

Kitty's Back: Jazzy and bluesy and funky and totally shifty, with some seriously hard vamping and a wild crescendo. A thrilling stylistic curveball.

Born to Run: Explosive and electrifying. So much power in this performance - and in the room. The house lights are turned all the way up, and it's quite a sight seeing all those pumping fists and beaming, screaming faces.

Dancing in the Dark: Another crowd-pleasing thriller, though this really sounds like a period piece to me because of the synthesizers. I had to check to make sure I wasn't wearing pegged acid-washed jeans.

American Land: Roy and Danny playing accordions! Little Stevie on the mandolin! Clarence playing ... well, some sort of flute! Just like the Nissan jamboree, only no tuba this time. Still, a fantastic finish.

Can't wait to do it all over again.

Going tonight? What set-list changes would you like to see?

Were you there Sunday? What'd you like/dislike about the set?

Do tell.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Caught the SUnday night show in DC - great stuff. Still humming Badlands and She's The One...

My inlaws and others will be in Albany at the show...wish I could go!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    Pitts GAs dropping on TM
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    why has "Youngstown" not showed up yet???? just listen to Nils shred on the Live In NYC version... wow.