Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    HOOKER wrote:
    I will be there :)

lucky for you !
    :)

if anyone would like to join hooker, and doesnt possess a ticket yet,

the 10-30 LA Night 2 Show is dropping ticks right now on TM.

good luck everyone!
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    HOOKERHOOKER Posts: 1,443
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    lucky for you !

if anyone would like to join hooker, and doesnt possess a ticket yet,

the 10-30 LA Night 2 Show is dropping ticks right now on TM.

good luck everyone!

Yes, I will be there alone.
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Hey Bathgate, do GA tickets ever get dropped have you seen, or is it mainly numbered seats?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    scan thru backstreets btx promised land section.

i think certain shows/ venues did drop some GAs, but im not positive which.

nmo listings for GAs are mentioned lately, only reserved seat , loge drops.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    1. Radio Nowhere
    2. No Surrender
    3. Lonesome Day
    4. Gypsy Biker
    5. Magic
    6. Reason to Believe
    7. Candy's Room
    8. She's The One
    9. Livin In The Future
    10. The Promised Land
    11. Town Called Heartbreak
    12. Backstreets
    13. Working On The Highway
    14. Devil's Arcade
    15. The Rising
    16. Last To Die
    17. Long Walk Home
    18. Badlands

19. Girls in their Summer Clothes
    20. Thundercrack
    21. Born To Run
    22. Dancing In The Dark
    23. American Land
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    GA tickets are up!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    sj.brodiesj.brodie Posts: 468
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysW2RV0jU2U

best. video. ever

Is this available on any dvd?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    sj.brodie wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysW2RV0jU2U

best. video. ever

Is this available on any dvd?
    i hate this song no matter what era it's from. worst Bruce song ever.
  • Options
    You haven't heard "mans job" or "pony boy"?
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    GA tickets are up!

i hope JaneNY sees that- in case she was wanting to attend,...

check out this amazing footage :
    for anyone that hasnt seen a show yet , this is only a tiny portion of what its like - amazing !
    Born To Run - Los Angeles 2007-10-29

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-6897134518338312475&q=springsteen&total=6335&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=4
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    You haven't heard "mans job" or "pony boy"?
    no. i don't own those records because overall they suck.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i hope JaneNY sees that- in case she was wanting to attend,...
    - I did thanks - I made a note of the time - it was about 11:30 in the time zone of the show - I'm about 4 hours from Albany - I'm really torn between buying a ticket on the er secondary market and knowing I have it, or holding out to pay the regular price and risking not getting one. I really want to be in the close pit for what will probably be my last Bruce show for a while!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    no. i don't own those records because overall they suck.

yeah, I think the only song out of that era that really stands up to his other stuff is "If I should fall behind" (this will be played at my wedding in June). I like "trouble river", "lucky town" and "roll of the dice" on occasion though.
  • Options
    in all honesty i dont think any bruce song " sucks " .

some are just more / less likeable then others.

hes gone from 1 side of the spectrum and back .

reading new rolling stone today , reflecting on the 11 year hiatus from The E Street Band ,
    so unbelievable when you see them jam today-
    they havent missed a beat even thru all these years.

i kinda like mans job and i also like ii wish i was blind.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i also like ii wish i was blind.

It was great when he played it in portland, dedicated it to someone from Sweden of all places
  • Options
    It was great when he played it in portland, dedicated it to someone from Sweden of all places

theres that geography thing we spoke of

did you see the " Tweet " thread-
    maybe we can work out that " this is the year bathgate goes to seattle to see PJ and fragileblake comes out east to see bruce and esb on home turf ( with the caviat being home = bruce = MSG . )
    i hope but i am realistic for an east coast PJ show at this point in time.
    Bruce, however, will be returning after europe.

platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Backstreets News

10/29, L.A.: "I LOVE THE SPORTS ARENA!"
    The wildfires may not have reached the L.A. Sports Arena, but the heat sure did. On the figurative side, it was a powerful performance that had the usual staid, laid-back L.A. crowd on their feet and putting their cell phones away. "I love the Sports Arena!" hollered Bruce, and though the venue has seen better days, returning to the E Street Band's old '80s haunt rather than the cavernous newfangled Staples Center surely had something to do with the energy -- "very old school!" as he put it. On the literal side, also very old school, it was hot. As in fainting hot. Springsteen brought water to the pit from his own supply, and soon water bottles were being distributed, but a couple folks still went down. "We only lost one, right?" Bruce asked toward the end of the show. "Oh, we lost two?..."

"Gypsy Biker," with its screaming guitars, was awe-inspiring, and "Reason to Believe" took the set to another level -- followed by "Candy's Room" and "She's the One," and the place was jumping, no one in their seats. There was a great reaction to new material from Magic as well, which Bruce referred to as "our smash hit album." There were screams for "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," as Bruce sent it out to "all the California Girls!" A terrific story preceded "Thundercrack." Bruce talked about the band's first visit to L.A., for the 1973 Ahmanson Theater CBS showcase -- notable because it was the first time any member of the E Street Band had ever been on an airplane. He introduced the song as "our big showstopper back then," adding that by the time they'd played it the show had pretty much stopped (to visible laughter from Clarence and Danny). He didn't play "Haunted House" with a mention of his first gigs at the Sports Arena on the River tour exactly 27 years ago... but there's always tonight!
    -Photographs by Margaret Mish

Next: The closest we'll get to a Halloween show, back at the Sports Arena this evening.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Backstreets News

10/29, L.A.: "I LOVE THE SPORTS ARENA!"
    The wildfires may not have reached the L.A. Sports Arena, but the heat sure did. On the figurative side, it was a powerful performance that had the usual staid, laid-back L.A. crowd on their feet and putting their cell phones away. "I love the Sports Arena!" hollered Bruce, and though the venue has seen better days, returning to the E Street Band's old '80s haunt rather than the cavernous newfangled Staples Center surely had something to do with the energy -- "very old school!" as he put it. On the literal side, also very old school, it was hot. As in fainting hot. Springsteen brought water to the pit from his own supply, and soon water bottles were being distributed, but a couple folks still went down. "We only lost one, right?" Bruce asked toward the end of the show. "Oh, we lost two?..."

"Gypsy Biker," with its screaming guitars, was awe-inspiring, and "Reason to Believe" took the set to another level -- followed by "Candy's Room" and "She's the One," and the place was jumping, no one in their seats. There was a great reaction to new material from Magic as well, which Bruce referred to as "our smash hit album." There were screams for "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," as Bruce sent it out to "all the California Girls!" A terrific story preceded "Thundercrack." Bruce talked about the band's first visit to L.A., for the 1973 Ahmanson Theater CBS showcase -- notable because it was the first time any member of the E Street Band had ever been on an airplane. He introduced the song as "our big showstopper back then," adding that by the time they'd played it the show had pretty much stopped (to visible laughter from Clarence and Danny). He didn't play "Haunted House" with a mention of his first gigs at the Sports Arena on the River tour exactly 27 years ago... but there's always tonight!
    -Photographs by Margaret Mish

Next: The closest we'll get to a Halloween show, back at the Sports Arena this evening.

BRUCE ON THE BLOCK

BRUCE ON THE BLOCK
    Charity auction offers chance to meet Springsteen
    Next week, Springsteen will be playing two different benefits in New York (see our Tour/Ticket Info page for details). On Wednesday, November 7, the cause is the Bob Woodruff Family Fund, which supports injured service members and their families. It's a cause Springsteen is really getting behind: in addition to playing that show, he has also donated quite a package to a benefit auction. Online now at charityfolks.com, the auction includes four VIP tickets to the Magic show of your choice, plus soundcheck, backstage access, and the big draw, a meet-and-greet with Bruce himself. Bidding is currently at $11,000, with all proceeds going to the Bob Woodruff Family Fund; the auction ends November 9.
    -October 29, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Hell yes! We can also substitute an Ed Ved solo show for a PJ show if you're so inclined.

Bathgate66 wrote:
    theres that geography thing we spoke of

did you see the " Tweet " thread-
    maybe we can work out that " this is the year bathgate goes to seattle to see PJ and fragileblake comes out east to see bruce and esb on home turf ( with the caviat being home = bruce = MSG . )
    i hope but i am realistic for an east coast PJ show at this point in time.
    Bruce, however, will be returning after europe.

• Options
    LA NIGHT 2

1. Radio Nowhere
    2. Ties that Bind
    3. Lonesome Day
    4. Gypsy Biker
    5. Magic
    6. Reason to Believe
    7. Night
    8. She's the One
    9. Living in the Future
    10. Promised Land
    11. Town called Hearbreak
    12. Tunnel of Love
    13. Working on the Highway
    14. Devils Arcade
    15. The Rising
    16. Last to Die
    17. Long Walk Home
    18. Badlands
    19. Girls in their Summer Clothes
    20. Kttty's Back (Tour Premier)
    21. Born to Run
    22. Dancing in the Dark
    23. American Land
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Great show last night folks! I got some good videos!
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    HOOKER wrote:
    Great show last night folks! I got some good videos!

well?

:confused:

we're anxiously waiting,....

puttem up.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    10/30, LOS ANGELES 2: THE CAT CAME BACK!
    A spooooky beginning to this All Hallow's Eve Eve show, with cauldrons and jack o'lanterns on the stage, a touch of smoke... Gotta love Bruce's sense of history, not to mention sense of fun, as 27 years since his first of two Halloween shows at this very venue (10/31/80, 10/31//84), he once again came on stage in a coffin. A half-dozen crew members dressed as zombies served as pallbearers, Bruce's hand rose up to take his guitar, the coffin tipped forward and off we went into "Radio Nowhere." Cool, cool, cool. And not just the start -- it was another great show for L.A. all around, with the band in incredible form and Bruce in particularly high spirits. In the main set, three songs not played the night before: "The Ties That Bind," "Night," and "Tunnel of Love." They've really got "Tunnel" figured out now -- this was a killer version with Nils just all over the solos, and impressive vocals from Patti. "Devil's Arcade" was Max's high point of the night, and he also added lots of fun extra fills on "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" (a song also worth mentioning for Clarence's spot-on solo). After "Girls" came the biggie of the night, which Bruce called the "pre-Halloween treat for Los Angeles": "Kitty's Back." And it was perfect, Bruce just nailing the guitar intro, and the whole band completely in the groove. Quite a rarity for any crowd, let alone one on the West coast. They ate it up, too. As one longtime concert-goer put it, "It was 1975-good. How can they play a song like that once every ten years and absolutely nail it?" Maybe just a little Halloween Magic.

The video oif this entrance is here

i want to hear TOL live. I am hearing that it cooks.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    in all honesty i dont think any bruce song " sucks " .

some are just more / less likeable then others.

hes gone from 1 side of the spectrum and back .

reading new rolling stone today , reflecting on the 11 year hiatus from The E Street Band ,
    so unbelievable when you see them jam today-
    they havent missed a beat even thru all these years.

i kinda like mans job and i also like ii wish i was blind.
    i don't know brother.... some of that stuff on Tracks discs 3 and 4 is pretty bad. Human Touch and Lucky Town are pretty bad... when that stuff comes on my iPod i look at the title to make sure i take it off my iTunes.
    some of the songs on The River are simple filler to me: Crush On You, I'm A Rocker, Ramrod, You Can Look (never liked it), Drive All Night (look at the Darkness-era version of Backstreets when this song was an interlude and how amazing it was... the version on the River just doesn't cut it for me). shit, Working on THe Highway and Darlington County are two songs he always plays that i cannot stand. i guess it's a personal preference but i would never say that he has never written a song that sucks. all my favorite artists have shitty songs. at least one or two.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Springsteen fans talking about their g-g-generation
    Parents who were there for 'The River' tour bring their kids to see 58-year-old rocker.
    By Geoff Boucher
    Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

October 31, 2007

Twenty-seven years ago this week, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band proved it all night at the Los Angeles Sports Arena with a run of epic shows on "The River" tour that people are still talking about in reverent tones. In fact, if everyone in this town who says they were at those shows were in fact there, the overflow audience would have filled half of the neighboring Los Angeles Coliseum.

This week, the Boss was back at the gloriously scruffy arena, and many of his giddy longtime fans showed up in their black jeans and gray hair to bellow that, yes, in case you must know, tramps like us, baby we were born to run. Springsteen at the Sports Arena remains something special; the rock hero never seemed comfortable amid the luxury boxes and advertising clutter of the fairly soulless Staples Center, and the ravine novelty of Dodger Stadium was fine but didn't give him the religious swelter of the low-slung arena.

The 58-year-old singer knew he was in the right place at the right time, with the right crowd. "This," he rasped, "is old school."

On Monday, the arena was like a sweat lodge for tribal New Jersey, and the fans turned out with old friends and new generations to tap into the evangelical might of rock's great preacher.

There was Francine Keller, in from Scottsdale, Ariz., who explained that her beaming 10-year-old daughter, Gaby, had no choice but to come to the show. "Daddy has been playing Bruce to her since she was born," the proud parent said. "So actually she was dragged up on Bruce Springsteen."

Then there was Gary and Ariel Rosenfeld, who brought their two kids, 13 and 10, on Monday night for their first-ever concert. "We were here on 'The River' tour," Gary said. "They've heard all about it. We have the poster up in the house. We were kids in high school."

In a way, the many fans who attended the show Monday and who were born during the Eisenhower administration are the generation that never saw a need to grow up (as least as far as their pop-culture consumption); their offspring are the generation that never had a kid's rightful opportunity to be oblivious to the modern entertainment barrage and its stronger echoes.

Joe Sanders, a 16-year-old from Santa Monica, was attending his "first-ever arena show" with a bit of calendar jealousy. "I hate the music of today; it's so lame. Where's my Led Zeppelin and my Who?" He came with his father, Dan, 51, and his godfather, Gary Kenworthy, who trekked from Redwood City in Northern California on their holy mission. "I've been waiting to bring Joe to see Springsteen for years. This is my 60th show. This is such a great night."

As an altar, the Sports Arena is as polished as a muddy work boot. It has hideous, red folding chairs bolted to splotched concrete floors. One of the few advertising spaces is an overhead sign for Nix Check Cashing and, as you enter, there's a lovely portrait of a morose then-Vice President Richard Nixon, who was on hand to open the place in the summer of 1959. Not exactly the Walt Disney Concert Hall, is it?

"It's a great place for this show; it was perfect," said the Edge, the U2 guitarist, who was milling about backstage after the show. "He does have quite a lot of good songs too, doesn't he?"

A Springsteen show at Staples or Dodger Stadium draws a platoon of Oscar winners and every limousine in town, but on Monday, with a venue that was more pool hall than nightclub, the famous faces who turned out came to see, not be seen. There also were a lot of old friends.

"I love the new album; I can't wait for this show," said Jackson Browne, who played with Springsteen at the No Nukes concert in 1979. In 2004, Springsteen inducted him into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Not far away, Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello was rushing by, too excited to chat. "Oh, man, can we talk tomorrow?"

James Hetfield from Metallica was prowling the floor section with producer Rick Rubin; pals Adam Carolla and Jimmy Kimmel were ambling backstage, where longtime E Street manager Jon Landau was holding court and chatting with Grammy show producer Ken Ehrlich. (Asked about the number of young people brought to the show by their parents, Landau laughed and offered a bit of obvious ledger wisdom: "We like that. We like that a lot.")

It's no surprise that people bring their kids to see Bruce -- the lyrical content is high-minded, and you can see a bit of generational pride on parents' faces as their sons and daughters stare in marvel at the sweep and stamina of what is arguably the best rock band in the world. But there is still something amusing in watching different generations digest the event.

For young people, that wasn't Miami Steve Van Zandt -- it's Silvio from "The Sopranos." Max Weinberg? You mean the guy from the Conan O'Brien show? Best of all was watching the conversations in Section 17, where Henry Winkler, the New York-born actor, was rocking out. They went something like this: "Hey, it's the guy from 'The Waterboy'!" 'No! that's Fonzie.' " Then the graybeards would smile and, over thundering music, explain all about leather jackets and happy days.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-springscene31oct31,1,6695429,print.story
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    kitty's back....holy shit

now there's a song that should be played more often than "once every ten years"
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Anyone have an extra Ticket for Albany?

The perfect combo; Missing a boring day of Senior Year and seeing the Boss for the 6th time. Can it get any better?

Any help would be great! Thanks
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
  • Options
    This is such bullshit!!!

CLEAR CHANNEL, REPUBLICAN PROPAGANDA NETWORK, OUT TO KILL SPRINGSTEEN‘S MAGIC?:

I don’t buy it. Clear Channel is a big-time and very consciously right-wing power player with a goal of changing American pop culture. They have done all they could to stifle progressive voices and to dumb down and trivialize the culture. Meaningless, offensive and inoffensive drivel by Fergie, Britney Spears, Nickelback, and Rihanna you’ll hear. But not Springsteen. Clear Channel even has its very own rubber stamp Republican congressman to look out for it’s interests, the boss’ (not The Boss’) son-in-law, the overly right-wing Michael McCaul (TX). You want to see Bruce back on the radio? Stop listening to Clear Channel stations—and stop voting for Republicans.

Fox News (2nd item):

Alas, there’s a hitch: Radio will not play “Magic.” In fact, sources tell me that Clear Channel has sent an edict to its classic rock stations not to play tracks from “Magic.” But it’s OK to play old Springsteen tracks such as “Dancing in the Dark,” “Born to Run” and “Born in the USA.”

Just no new songs by Springsteen, even though it’s likely many radio listeners already own the album and would like to hear it mixed in with the junk offered on radio.

[...]

Clear Channel seems to have sent a clear message to other radio outlets that at age 58, Springsteen simply is too old to be played on rock stations. This completely absurd notion is one of many ways Clear Channel has done more to destroy the music business than downloading over the last 10 years. It’s certainly what’s helped create satellite radio, where Springsteen is a staple and even has his own channel on Sirius.

It’s not just Springsteen. There is no sign at major radio stations of new albums by John Fogerty or Annie Lennox, either. The same stations that should be playing Santana’s new singles with Chad Kroeger or Tina Turner are avoiding them, too.

Like Springsteen, these “older” artists have been relegated to something called Triple A format stations — i.e. either college radio or small artsy stations such as WFUV in the Bronx, N.Y., which are immune from the Clear Channel virus of pre-programming and where the number of plays per song is a fraction of what it is on commercial radio.

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/ageism-clear-channels-edict-no-new-bruce-springsteen-radio/
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    This is such bullshit!!!

CLEAR CHANNEL, REPUBLICAN PROPAGANDA NETWORK, OUT TO KILL SPRINGSTEEN‘S MAGIC?:

I don’t buy it. Clear Channel is a big-time and very consciously right-wing power player with a goal of changing American pop culture. They have done all they could to stifle progressive voices and to dumb down and trivialize the culture. Meaningless, offensive and inoffensive drivel by Fergie, Britney Spears, Nickelback, and Rihanna you’ll hear. But not Springsteen. Clear Channel even has its very own rubber stamp Republican congressman to look out for it’s interests, the boss’ (not The Boss’) son-in-law, the overly right-wing Michael McCaul (TX). You want to see Bruce back on the radio? Stop listening to Clear Channel stations—and stop voting for Republicans.

Fox News (2nd item):

Alas, there’s a hitch: Radio will not play “Magic.” In fact, sources tell me that Clear Channel has sent an edict to its classic rock stations not to play tracks from “Magic.” But it’s OK to play old Springsteen tracks such as “Dancing in the Dark,” “Born to Run” and “Born in the USA.”

Just no new songs by Springsteen, even though it’s likely many radio listeners already own the album and would like to hear it mixed in with the junk offered on radio.

[...]

Clear Channel seems to have sent a clear message to other radio outlets that at age 58, Springsteen simply is too old to be played on rock stations. This completely absurd notion is one of many ways Clear Channel has done more to destroy the music business than downloading over the last 10 years. It’s certainly what’s helped create satellite radio, where Springsteen is a staple and even has his own channel on Sirius.

It’s not just Springsteen. There is no sign at major radio stations of new albums by John Fogerty or Annie Lennox, either. The same stations that should be playing Santana’s new singles with Chad Kroeger or Tina Turner are avoiding them, too.

Like Springsteen, these “older” artists have been relegated to something called Triple A format stations — i.e. either college radio or small artsy stations such as WFUV in the Bronx, N.Y., which are immune from the Clear Channel virus of pre-programming and where the number of plays per song is a fraction of what it is on commercial radio.

http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headlines/ageism-clear-channels-edict-no-new-bruce-springsteen-radio/

" Trust none of what you hear and less of what you see. This is what will be, this is what will be."
    Nice to know you.
  • Options
    i've been playing some local and Philly classic rock stations more than i like to hoping to hear some new Bruce but it just hasn't happened. sucks balls.