Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Love that Omaha setlist! Reason to Believe is one of my favorite songs! Was really hoping for it in St Paul.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    kdiddykdiddy Posts: 733
    I went to the St. Paul night 2 show.. excellent!! The songs I didn't know well, I had a feeling were special to see live and I was right. The review for it was spot on. I've seen Springsteen several times now and it was great to see him change it up so much.

My boyfriend and I decided to get club level side seats, and they were great!! We saw him on the floor, lucky to get PIT tix and so we can't really top that.. unless we got lucky enough to win the lottery again (which does happen, since that was the second time I personally saw him from the pit). Love it all!

I'm crossing my fingers that he schedules round two next year.. I'll never miss a show. Granted, I'd love to road trip and see him, but I'm saving that kind of money and time for when PJ goes on a US tour.. hopefully in '13!!!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Better Dan wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    Just posted 33 pictures from the St Paul show

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19066858@N00/sets/72157632011209983/

great shots !

How long did you que up to get on that rail?
    superb! love the crowd surfing shots and the full band shots.

:thumbup:

I got my wristband and number at around 2, then went to eat and showed up back at 4:30 for the lottery drawing. I was number 183 and the number called was 107.

I really like the lottery method because you don't have to wait around all day for a chance to get up close.
    PJ: take note of Bruce's method.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    Newch91 wrote:

Which came about because of fans organising it this way for themselves. I'd love to see a few GA shows on the next US tour for Pearl Jam, purely because GA is so much more fun. I know people love the seats they get with good 10c numbers etc but it's much more fun if there's a load of you to be able to be together for the show, feed off each others energy, as well as making new friends of those around you. Whether or not the list/lottery system would work is another matter...
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    ilockyer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Which came about because of fans organising it this way for themselves. I'd love to see a few GA shows on the next US tour for Pearl Jam, purely because GA is so much more fun. I know people love the seats they get with good 10c numbers etc but it's much more fun if there's a load of you to be able to be together for the show, feed off each others energy, as well as making new friends of those around you. Whether or not the list/lottery system would work is another matter...

Not only that, but all the best reserved seats were sold 'ticketless' here in Denver. That meant you had to present ID/CC at the door and your seats were given to you then, even though you already knew where they were when buying them. Great way to keep the best seats out of the hands of scalpers! As for the show: Wrecking Ball 2012 is the Must See Tour of the Year! The Boss knows how to play to a room and definately earned every penny he charges for tix. The E Street Band is amazing and the sound coming out of the arena was 2nd to none. Great night with a great artist :D
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    ilockyer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

that would never happen here in america at a pj show. to many drunken idiots would join the club just for ga and push their way to the front. i've seen assholes push to the front at candlebox and brad. springsteen does ga cause his fanbase is the aarp club, no disrespect to them.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    chittychitty Posts: 606
    Trying to plan me pre-game for show tonight. Does anyone know when Bruce has been hitting the stage this tour? Also, I haven't heard of an opener, does he have one?
  • Options
    chitty wrote:
    Trying to plan me pre-game for show tonight. Does anyone know when Bruce has been hitting the stage this tour? Also, I haven't heard of an opener, does he have one?
    No need for an opener. He hit the stage a little after 8 at the Hartford show.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 606
    thank you!
  • Options
    Looks like Bruce is going back to Europe next year.

http://www.pointblankmag.com/2012/11/fi ... ringsteen/
  • Options
    Indeed... I cannot decide where I am going, apart from that I think Milan has to happen.
  • Options
    Can we expect a new album by tour time? US dates before or after the Europe dates?

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/2012/n ... world-tour

New Dates Added To 2013 Wrecking Ball World Tour

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band announce 17 additional dates in Europe for the 2013 leg of the Wrecking Ball World Tour!

In addition, Bruce & The E Street Band’s headlining performance at Rock In Rio 2013 has already been announced and other tour dates will be announced shortly.

To date, the Wrecking Ball World Tour has stopped in 17 countries for over 80 shows including several of the longest performances of Springsteen’s career, earning him and the band universal acclaim, so don’t miss your chance to see Bruce & The E Street Band in 2013!

New 2013 Wrecking Ball World Tour Dates:

May 26 – Munich, Germany – Olympiastadion – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    May 28 – Hannover, Germany – AWD Arena – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    May 30 – Naples, Italy – Piazza Plebiscito – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketone.it
    June 1 – Padova, Italy – Stadio Euganeo – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketone.it
    June 3 – Milan, Italy – Stadio San Siro – on sale Dec. 1 at ticketone.it
    June 15 – London, England – Wembley Stadium – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketmaster.co.uk
    June 18 – Glasgow, Scotland – Hampden Park – on sale Dec. 7 at livenation.co.uk
    June 20 – Coventry, England – Ricoh Arena – on sale Dec. 7 at livenation.co.uk
    June 22- Nijmegen, Netherlands – Goffertpark – on sale Dec. 4 at ticketmaster.nl
    June 29 – Paris, France – Stade de France – on sale Dec. 5 at gdp.fr
    July 5 – Mönchengladbach, Germany – Borussia-Park – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    July 7 – Leipzig, Germany – Red Bull Arena – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    July 11 – Rome, Italy – Rock in Roma – on sale Dec. 10 at ticketone.it
    July 13 – Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter – on sale Dec. 1 at twclassic.be
    July 16 – Limerick, Ireland – Thomond Park – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
    July 18 – Cork, Ireland – Páirc Uí Chaoimh – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
    July 20 – Belfast, Northern Ireland – King’s Hall – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    ^This man is a machine.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    ^This man is a machine.
    Yeah, he's not human at all. A hero.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334
    My favorite picture that I took in Vancouve the other night.

I've seen over 150 concerts in my lifetime. 20 of them are PJ shows. This beats every concert I've ever seen except PJ's show at the gorge. This makes my #2 show I've seen in my life.

dff77c223073664.jpg

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    My favorite picture that I took in Vancouve the other night.

I've seen over 150 concerts in my lifetime. 20 of them are PJ shows. This beats every concert I've ever seen except PJ's show at the gorge. This makes my #2 show I've seen in my life.

dff77c223073664.jpg

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!
    That's awesome to hear.

Imagine how good the shows on the Darkness and River tours were? I've seen some stunners but the boots I listen to from 78-80 simply blow my mind. And that he's still bringing it as hard as he can in 2012 is just a privilege to be privy to...

Have you seen Bruce before?
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    springsteen does ga cause his fanbase is the aarp club, no disrespect to them.

:wave:
    No AARP here, dude.
    I'd say theres a wide age range in Bruce fandome,
    obviously because of his longevity.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,334
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    That's awesome to hear.

Imagine how good the shows on the Darkness and River tours were? I've seen some stunners but the boots I listen to from 78-80 simply blow my mind. And that he's still bringing it as hard as he can in 2012 is just a privilege to be privy to...

Have you seen Bruce before?

Yah I saw him 3 or 4 years ago in Vancouver too. That one was decent but this one was phenomenal.
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Bathgate66 wrote:

No AARP here, dude.

Pretty old crowd here in the DCO. I'm in my mid 40's and was one of the "younger ones" there. Having said that... Our AARP Members brought it!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    CServant wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

No AARP here, dude.

Pretty old crowd here in the DCO. I'm in my mid 40's and was one of the "younger ones" there. Having said that... Our AARP Members brought it!

congrats to the AARPers.
    every show on this tour is phenomenal
    and all the crowds welcome it just as well.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Portland Oregon

534021_522222024454599_815696046_n.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Portland Oregon

534021_522222024454599_815696046_n.jpg
    He is not human.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    so whats with ticket drops? when should i start looking? he's coming to Anaheim next week and i really want to go...if i can afford it
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    so whats with ticket drops? when should i start looking? he's coming to Anaheim next week and i really want to go...if i can afford it
    Starting now, keep checking in at ticketmaster periodically up until the day of the show. At some point a bunch of GA's and/or great sidestage seats will be available while supplies last. Check "The Promised Land" forum at Backstreets.com often, too -- somebody almost always posts a thread titled "ANAHEIM DROPPING NOW!!!" If you get word of a drop and the ticketmaster site says nothing is available, keep trying... on the 10th try you might wind up with a pair of front row sidestage seats. For whatever reason, folks who aren't going to the show are always checking on ticket availability and when they do the tickets temporarily go in their cart until they are timed out or released.

Good luck... scoring tickets in a drop is pretty exciting! :D
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Newch91 wrote:
    Can we expect a new album by tour time? US dates before or after the Europe dates?

How about before and after? :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    norm wrote:

theres also a ticket drop service
    not affiliated with BTX however widely used and posted about over there.

Its Drones ticket drop service and worth every red cent.
    Ive used this the past 2 or 3 tours and score excellent tickets everytime.
    Usually there are seated tickets and GAs as well dropped.
    Best of luck !

For help with tickets through a drop, please visit this site:
    http://ticketdrones.weebly.com/index.html
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    anyone have any link to Eddie covering " Reason To Believe " in Ft Lauderdale recently ?
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    Good luck... scoring tickets in a drop is pretty exciting! :D

Certainly is, I saw the Wembley Arena show on the Rising Tour in 2002, when they were doing 1 night per city regardless of demand. Totally shut out on ticket sale, got home from the pub on the Saturday evening, happened to check online and tickets were available. 24 hours later I was in London, a great decision as I got Incident On 57th Street that night (solo piano). Well worth the small fortune coughed up on train fare etc!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 566443A28A
  • Options
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/its-fu ... /?ref=auto

It's Funny, I've Actually Only Been To New Jersey A Couple Of Times
    BY BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    DECEMBER 4, 2012

When you think of Bruce Springsteen, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Maybe it’s the heartland rock music of your youth, or the E Street Band. Perhaps you think of New Jersey—heck, a lot of people do. But I have to admit I chuckle every time I hear that, because honest to God, I’ve only been to the place maybe three, four times tops.

Crazy, right? You throw a few details about seaside boardwalks and Atlantic City into your lyrics and suddenly people start calling you Mr. New Jersey.

But let’s see, I was there twice in the ’70s, once in the ’80s, and then I think I passed through on my way to Pennsylvania a few years ago—that’s it. Which is not to say I don’t like the place. It seems okay from the little I’ve seen of it, but nothing special, you know? I’ve always been more of a sunshine and palm trees kind of guy myself.

You see, the whole New Jersey thing really started off by accident. Growing up the son of a cinematographer in a comfortably middle-class Los Angeles suburb, I didn’t know the first thing about the best drag-racing back roads on the Jersey Shore or the gritty factory towns up and down the New Jersey Turnpike. Back then I was too busy working on my tan and surfing every day to care about the economic struggles of union folk, let alone the crude, workaday laborers from northern New Jersey whom people seem to associate me with.

But that all started to change in the summer of 1972, the first time I ever stepped foot in the state. I was in Cherry Hill visiting my aunt, and something about a song I was writing at the time—one about riding my scooter through West Hollywood—just wasn’t clicking. Then it occurred to me: Why not set the thing right there in New Jersey? It seemed crazy at the time, but I figured what the hell.

On a whim I pulled out a map, picked some dinky road in the middle of the state, and half-jokingly scribbled, “At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines / Sprung from cages out on Highway 9.” Those words later became “Born To Run.” Maybe you’ve heard it.

Man, it still cracks me up whenever anyone refers to that song as a “New Jersey anthem.”

After some more research, lyrics I’d written about Beverly Hills were changed to some backwater place called Freehold, Santa Monica Boulevard was switched to Thunder Road, and my dad’s agent Armand became Crazy Janey. Easy as pie. By the end of that weekend, I had cranked out enough material to fill both Darkness On The Edge Of Town and The River.

And let me tell you, all you have to do is mention any old ocean-side carnival ride or pull the name of one blue-collar bar out of the North Jersey Yellow Pages and New Jerseyans will lap it right up and claim you as one of their own. It’s kind of pathetic, actually.

Now I can’t go anywhere without people asking me things about New Jersey as if I were some sort of authority on the place. For the record: No, I don’t know the best place to eat in Asbury Park. I only named my first album after that city because I liked the way it sounded. No, I don’t know how the Devils are doing this season. No, I don’t know the fastest way to get from Long Branch to the Parkway.

Frankly, I don’t even know what the Parkway is.

As much fun as I’ve had with this whole Jersey thing, I have to admit I’m growing a little tired of it and am looking forward to delving into some new territory. In fact, I’ve got an album in mind about the everyday lives of theme park employees in the Orlando area. I’ve always loved that part of the country. The tropical breezes, the stucco houses—it really sums me up in a nutshell. So keep an eye out for Florida Dreaming in 2013.

I’ll be the first to admit that while I know little to nothing about New Jersey—aside from the fact that I sure as hell don’t want to live there—my career has gotten a lot of mileage out of the state. But I still can’t wipe the smile from my face when I think that millions of people will always picture me barreling down a Jersey Shore avenue in a vintage Chevy, windows down, the wind in my hair. Maybe I’ll try that someday if, for God knows what reason, I’m ever back in that part of the country. Like, if I have a long layover or something.

It’ll have to wait for a while, though. At least until someone teaches me how to drive.