Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    and bruce keeps rolling along pulling magic from out of his sleeve in Pitts,...

8:20 pm

1. Don't Look Back
    2. Candy's Room
    3. The Ties That Bind
    4. Streets of Fire :shock:
    5. Hungry Heart
    6. We Take Care of Our Own
    7. Wrecking Ball
    8. Death to My Hometown
    9. My City of Ruins
    10. Spirit in the Night
    11. PRETTY FLAMINGO :shock:
    12. Talk To Me
    13. Adam Raised A Cain :shock:
    14. Because The Night
    15. She's The One
    16. Working on the Highway
    17. Shackled and Drawn
    18.Waitin' On A Sunny Day
    19.The Rising
    20.Badlands
    21.Land Of Hopes & Dreams
    22.Racing In The Streets
    23.Born To Run
    24. Glory Days (With Joe and Johnny Gruschecky)
    25.Light Of Day(With Joe and Johnny Gruschecky)
    26.Dancing In The Dark
    27.Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

11:28

dont know if anyone else watched the stream
    but it was pretty awesome watching Pete with Bruce
    on the ramp thats in the rear of the pit,
    during 10th Ave

Wow !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    I need to start following Bruce on tour.

are you viewing/listening to the stream?
    maybe you can meet up with pete..
    :lol:
    :lol: I was following the set list from when you were posting. Next tour, I'm trying to hit every north east show that I can: CT (duh), NYC, MA, NJ, and Philly.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Ok, I was unsure about making the trip from Dallas to St Paul for the two Bruce shows but just decided that I'm doing it!! There was a ticket drop for night 1 and I just got Section 117 Row 16. I already had a GA ticket for night 2. BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was either this or the one show in KC and I think 2 shows is better..plus I could always try to let my wife do KC as well in the next few weeks. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Ok, I was unsure about making the trip from Dallas to St Paul for the two Bruce shows but just decided that I'm doing it!! There was a ticket drop for night 1 and I just got Section 117 Row 16. I already had a GA ticket for night 2. BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was either this or the one show in KC and I think 2 shows is better..plus I could always try to let my wife do KC as well in the next few weeks. :lol:

Veterans Day Weekend, back to back shows,
    sounds like a good move.
    You're destined for 2 dandies of shows
    at the rate he's been going.

The stream is awesome.
    Not so much to watch, but to listen as it unfolds-
    we are pretty blessed with technology .
    Also , depending where Pete is situated,
    last night he was on the rear ramp
    and Bruce was directly in front of him during the Clarence tribute
    on 10th Ave Freeze Out. It was really cool and i got the goosebumps
    watching and istening.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    WOW
    Aparently Joe G totally fucked up 'Glory Days',
    maybe next time he should learn the words before he takes a verse,..
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Have to love Wikipedia. Wanted to post this before someone edits this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Spri ... activities

Last paragraph:
    In late October 2012, despite saying he would sit this election out, Springsteen campaigned for President Obama's re-election in Ohio, Iowa and Virginia where he performed a short acoustic set which included a newly written song for the events titled, "Forward".[75] Bruce continues to be the sexiest man to ever grace this world.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,239
    With the return of the '78 intro to Prove It, and things like Pretty Flamingo cropping up, what chance of a slow E Street Shuffle before this tour's done?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Photo album of Hartford from pictures I took.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 091&type=1
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Photo album of Hartford from pictures I took.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 091&type=1

Couldn't see them, bro... getting a message that says "page unavailable."

Still can't get over the setlists for Hartford and Pitts... wowza! :shock:
  • Options
    In what I think was a really smart move, the Rochester show was rescheduled for Halloween night as a result of Sandy.

I am still gonna be there and hopefully as a pit lottery winner, so help me come up with a sign for Backstreets with a '78 interlude. How the hell do you word that sign?

All I know right now is that the flip side of the sign will say 'ROULETTE!'

:D
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

SCHHHWEEEEEET! :D

Glad you pulled the trigger!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Better Dan wrote:

Sounds like an irresponsible decision from a person with a spending problem.

Now back to planning my trip from Indy to Austin to see Ed's two shows that I just decided on going three days ago. ;)

Looking to find a ticket to the Louisville Springsteen show on Saturday. Can't wait.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,239
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    In what I think was a really smart move, the Rochester show was rescheduled for Halloween night as a result of Sandy.

I am still gonna be there and hopefully as a pit lottery winner, so help me come up with a sign for Backstreets with a '78 interlude. How the hell do you word that sign?

All I know right now is that the flip side of the sign will say 'ROULETTE!'

:D

Backstreets with Sad Eyes interlude would be awesome... course if he really wanted to go for epic then Backstreets, play the whole of Drive All Night (which is what spawned from the interlude) and then back into Backstreets.

I don't think anything's out of the question with this band right now. Still hoping, even though I'm not going to see any more this year, that a slow E Street Shuffle works its way out!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    Got my ticket for Louisville on Saturday! Can't wait.

It looks like there are a lot of Bruce diehards in this thread which is awesome, but in a way I'm glad I don't know all of the history and the different versions of songs that have been played. I'm like that with Pearl Jam, and so with Bruce I've told myself not to buy any merchandise and just go to the show with no expectations except for a good time. I've only see Springsteen in concert three times, but have got to hear a lot of my favorites that the old-timers are probably bored of (Trapped, No Surrender, Tenth Avenue Freeze Out, Atlantic City, Because the Night, Darkness) as well as some of the lesser played songs that I love (4th of July/Sandy, Jungleland, Rosalita).

Looking to hear any one of these songs at the next show:

Incident on 57th St
    New York Serenade
    Racing in the Street
    Adam Raised a Cain
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    will be seeing Bruce tonight for the first time :D
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Awesome! You will LOVE it!
  • Options
    Rochester, NY

3:15

1. A Night With the Jersey Devil
    2. We Take Care Of Our Own
    3. Wrecking Ball
    4. Out in the Street
    5. Death to My Hometown
    6. My City of Ruins
    7. Spirit in the Night
    8.Monster Mash
    9. Something in the Night
    10. Atlantic City
    11. Jackson Cage
    12. She’s The One
    13. Cover Me
    14. Downbound Train
    15. Shackled and Drawn
    16. Waitin’ On A Sunny Day
    17. Drive All Night
    18. Radio Nowhere
    19. Badlands
    20. Land Of Hope and Dreams
    ENCORES
    21. Jersey Girl
    22. Thunder Road
    23. Born To Run
    24. Detroit Medley
    25. Dancing in the Dark
    26. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Rochester, NY

3:15

1. A Night With the Jersey Devil
    2. We Take Care Of Our Own
    3. Wrecking Ball
    4. Out in the Street
    5. Death to My Hometown
    6. My City of Ruins
    7. Spirit in the Night
    8.Monster Mash
    9. Something in the Night
    10. Atlantic City
    11. Jackson Cage
    12. She’s The One
    13. Cover Me
    14. Downbound Train
    15. Shackled and Drawn
    16. Waitin’ On A Sunny Day
    17. Drive All Night
    18. Radio Nowhere
    19. Badlands
    20. Land Of Hope and Dreams
    ENCORES
    21. Jersey Girl
    22. Thunder Road
    23. Born To Run
    24. Detroit Medley
    25. Dancing in the Dark
    26. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Just back from another great show... unfortunately my last for the year.

The opener was widely speculated but I didn't think he'd try it. Turns out that was the first time "A Night with the Jersey Devil" was ever played live. :D

Bruce was definitely bummed in early going. Had to be tough to fly into Rochester for a gig while your hometown is laying in such utter carnage. :(

The "Monster Mash" cover sucked and Bruce even acknowledged such... they had soundchecked it because they knew some jackass would bring a sign request for it on Halloween. Its a crowd pleaser for 70-somethings and little kids, but lord -- what an awful song. After that debacle the show really kicked it up many notches. The middle of the set was high energy, starting with the gutteral roars of Something in the Night. Atlantic City was played with a certain purpose and the guitar work on Cover Me was seething, especially from Bruce.

Drive All Night was the best I've ever heard. Unbelieveable performance... better than the River show in 2009. Radio Nowhere was also extra intense and one that I didn't see coming right after DAN.

Thought we were going to get NYC Serenade instead of Jersey Girl, especially after he talked about playing something special tonight for all the folks in his "adopted hometown" of NYC and Asbury Park. Slightly disappointed because of a quick letdown from my excited thoughts of "YES -- SERENADE!!!"... still he killed Jersey Girl... once again it had just a little extra raw emotion due to recent events.

Voice hoarse? check
    Feet sore? check
    Physically exhausted? check
    Sexual organs stimulated? check

Another great Bruce show... nobody really does it any better.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Awesome! You will LOVE it!

Unbelievable - no words. Just wow. Kicking myself for waiting this long to see him.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    State College set:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-spr ... d472a.html

Lion's Den
    We Take Care of Our Own
    Wrecking Ball
    Out in the Street
    Death to My Hometown
    My City of Ruins
    Spirit in the Night
    Seaside Bar Song (Sign Request)
    It's Hard to Be a Saint in the City
    4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (Sign Request)
    Darlington County
    Working on the Highway
    Cover Me
    Because the Night (Patti Smith cover)
    Shackled and Drawn
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    Raise Your Hand (Eddie Floyd cover)
    Backstreets
    Badlands
    Land of Hope and Dreams
    Encore:
    Jersey Girl (Tom Waits cover)
    Born to Run
    Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Dancing in the Dark
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
    Shout Bamalama
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Never thought I'd see this picture.

http://instagram.com/p/RjKK4EwCEv/
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: Bruce looks overly thrilled to be meeting Christie. :lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: Bruce looks overly thrilled to be meeting Christie. :lol:
    :lol: Oh, Bruce! Then again, it could have been taken at a bad time when he looked away. From the show reports I've read of the last two shows, he's thanked Christie twice during "My City of Ruin." At least Christie got to meet his idol.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Looks like I won't be seeing Bruce this year after all :fp:

We weren't expecting to buy a house until sometime next year but we ended up finding one we like and we are trying to close at the end of the month with all the expenses that come with that. That would've been okay but both our cars broke in the last couple of weeks and the repairs have not been cheap. :( :( Ever feel like sometimes the universe is conspiring against you?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I showed my wife a picture of bruce with jon bon jovi, steven tyler, and whoppie goldburgh from the hurricane sandy benifit show, and after she got excited about seeing stevie and jon together, she commented on jon and bruce both being from new york, to which i replyed no New jersey.... "same difference" she said. :o:lol:

I said tell that to a new yorker.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Got the "Bruce" book by Peter Ames Carlin today. Can't wait to start reading it after I finish another Bruce book!
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Hope I'm not violating the code of conduct or whatnot. I've never had to sell a ticket before. This is weird shit.

For those in and around the Lower Mainland ...

I "double-booked" myself to two shows & I've opted to see RNDM over The Boss. Tough call but the heart goes where the heart goes, eh? My spiel:

I have a single ticket hard copy ticket for The Boss' gig at Rogers Arena on Monday, November 26th, at 7:30pm. Seat location is in the lower bowl, section 114 (corner), row 15, seat 7. Should be a great view. Face value (minus order processing fee & facility charge) is $130. That, or best offer, or trade for ... stuff? Open to suggestions, installment plans, etc.

Send me a PM and we'll go from there. I'm in the Fraser Valley. Pass this along to anyone you think may be interested. Thanks!
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    Louisville show was amazing. Probably the best of the five shows I've seen (all since the '99 reunion). Last show here, in 2000, was on the night of one of the city's biggest annual events and suffered poor ticket sales, so I doubted for years they'd ever return, but this was a tour-de-force performance, full of surprises and incredible energy for a near-sold-out crowd at our new, bigger arena. And on top of a weirdly-scheduled week for the band, but they brought it! Wow.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    So excited! After seeing Bruce for the first time earlier this year in LA for my birthday, and being completely blown away, I just won tickets to see him when he comes back and plays Anaheim next month!!!

Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    So excited! After seeing Bruce for the first time earlier this year in LA for my birthday, and being completely blown away, I just won tickets to see him when he comes back and plays Anaheim next month!!!

Can't wait!!!
    :clap::clap: