Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jervin007 wrote:
    Guys i need help i impulsively bought Boston tickets and cannot attend the show how do i cancel or make the money back?

If they are hard tickets, and you have good seats, I am sure you can make your money back. Some of the tickets are paperless though, which I am not sure you can transfer to others. Where are your seats and are they paperless tickets?
    Ticketmaster was nice enough to cancel. I want to see bruce this tour but i need to save, wish i got those philly tickets. i just heard the riot act from my lady. They were in section 13 right near the stage but I cant afford the travel and stay right now. :|

Damn, tough to give those up. I am sure you made someone randomly trying for tickets very happy....unless ticket master took those tickets and sold them on their third party site.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Love being sick and sleeping right through 10 AM :(
    Hope more of the cheaper tickets are released and that more importantly I find someone to go with!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Got club level seats for the Tampa show. Had first level seats pulled twice, but got the "couldn't process request" message both times. GA Floor tix were still avail, but my wife wanted seats. We're gonna be standing the whole time anyways, right? Geez... :?
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    what's a rough estimate of the price range? The ones here don't go on sale until next Friday and I can't find it listed anywhere. Just trying to get an idea.
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    what's a rough estimate of the price range? The ones here don't go on sale until next Friday and I can't find it listed anywhere. Just trying to get an idea.

Two GA Floor seats for Boston came to $233. Definitely more expensive then previous tours. Think I paid close to $100 less when they were touring in support of "Magic."
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    jervin007 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

Two GA Floor seats for Boston came to $233. Definitely more expensive then previous tours. Think I paid close to $100 less when they were touring in support of "Magic."
    Thanks. :) That's a little pricey but sounds pretty good for floor.
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    Took over an hour but eventually got through to get a ticket to each Philly show
    Not the greatest seats but just glad to have gotten in
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    peacegirl wrote:
    Took over an hour but eventually got through to get a ticket to each Philly show
    Not the greatest seats but just glad to have gotten in

so glad you got tickets
    philly bruce shows are usually off the charts

financially i was strapped
    so i had to be selective this go around.

hopefully there will be another stateside leg after europe.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I really wish i could goto the philly shows. Thanks for the tips and advice guys. Those boston tix were very hard to give up but ultimately it wouldve set me back financially. Maybe more will be released closer to the show date?
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    I really wish i could goto the philly shows. Thanks for the tips and advice guys. Those boston tix were very hard to give up but ultimately it wouldve set me back financially. Maybe more will be released closer to the show date?

there very well could be " drops " towards show dates.
    best of luck
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea how sales went when compared with yesterday? I got right in for Boston, but it seemed like it sold out really fast. Much faster then the last two times I saw them @ the Garden. Even balcony immediately sold out, which was very surprising.
    PJ:

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,375
    I pulled tickets for DC for the 400 level a few times, but let them go. I'm not paying $120 for the 400 level.... will keep an eye out for drops.
  • Options
    they shouldve spaced the onsales
    a few day in between
    as opposed to a few hours in between.

TM system sucks.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    there will be a sax player

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/i ... ill_h.html

Don't fret, saxophiles.

We don't know who is going to play it, or how it's going to be used. But when Bruce Springsteen hits the road this spring, there will still be saxophone in the E Street Band.

E Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren confirmed this on Wayne Cabot's WCBS radio show on Friday. Cabot asked Lofgren if the sax would be gone from the group for good.

"Of course not," replied Lofgren.

"We all know there is no 'Clarence 2,'," Lofgren told Cabot. "He's irreplaceable."

But Springsteen will still find a way to incorporate saxophone into his shows.

"Ultimately that will be Bruce's call," said Lofgren, "and he'll come up with something that's right for himself and the band."

How Springsteen will cope with the loss of Clemons has been one of the biggest question surrounding his upcoming tour, which comes to the Izod Center on April 3 and 4, Madison Square Garden on April 6 and 9, and the Prudential Center on May 2.

Springsteen raised some eyebrows among devoted fans when he announced the lineup of the latest version of the E Street Band. There was no saxophone player listed. Two adjunct members of the group were announced, too -- neither of whom play saxophone. There was no sax solo on "We Take Care of Our Own," the first single from the upcoming "Wrecking Ball." How, fans wondered, could the Boss perform many of his most famous songs without a sax sideman?

It is not unreasonable to think that Springsteen might try to tour sans sax. Long before his death, Clarence Clemons' role in the E Street Band had been substantially reduced. Springsteen albums of recent vintage do not feature many sax solos or reed parts in general.

Possible theories floated by Boss-watchers: Miami Horns reed man Ed Manion, who has played with Springsteen many times, might step in, or a relative of Clarence Clemons could attempt to fill the shoes of the beloved sax player. Springsteen could also choose to add a horn section to his touring band.

The announced lineup of the E Street Band: Roy Bittan on piano and synthesizer, Nils Lofgren, Stevie Van Zandt and Patti Scialfa on guitar and backing vocals, Garry Tallent on bass, and Max Weinberg on drums. Violinist Soozie Tyrell and organist Charlie Giordano will play with the group, but aren't listed as official members.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    If anyone is selling tic for NYC or DC I'm definitely interested (if two extras exist that is)!
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I started watching the Live in NYC concert on VH1 Classic and was wondering if on the DVD version if you can't hear Bruce's guitar at all? I have it saved on my DVR and when Prove It All Night came on, I couldn't even hear Bruce at all.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Would be interested in the 83.50 price level DC tickets if anyone happens to be selling!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    I feel sorry for those fans trying to get tickets. Reading about all these scalper problems on BTX is really pissing me off. I'll be going to the UK shows this summer; good thing there's no major problems getting Springsteen tix in Europe cause most of the venues are stadiums. Though I feel arena shows are always the best.
  • Options
    What happened to the bootleg section of the BTX?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Newch91 wrote:
    wow cant believe it's gone. i was gonna download some shows to get myself in the bruce mode for the next couple of month.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    wow cant believe it's gone. i was gonna download some shows to get myself in the bruce mode for the next couple of month.

Me too. I was going to download the New Year's Eve show from The River tour.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,497
    Steven Van Zandt was on Howard yesterday

Good stuff :thumbup:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    http://www.siriusxm.com/bruce

3-9-12 at the apollo theater

live stream on sirius

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

live stream on sirius

norm, will you be recording it?
  • Options
    I'm debating buying GA tickets to one of the Philly shows, unfortunately from stubhub. What's the standard Bruce protocol if it's GA for getting to the front? I'm not the tallest guy in the world so I usually avoid GA, but would love to be at up on the gate for this one. Pointers welcome.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Newch91 wrote:
    norm wrote:

live stream on sirius

norm, will you be recording it?

i will try
  • Options
    Also, I'm also in need of Bruce Boots.

I used to work at a gym. One of the members was a Bruce fanatic with alot of inside privileges. He told me he had soundboard pro quality audio of all the spectrum 2009 shows as well as soundboard recording of the 2004 eddie vedder guest show (with many others). I didn't really believe him so he took out a pair of headphones, and sure enough, "betterman" with Bruce, crisp and clear cd quality. He asked me if I wanted a copy and I said of course. I never saw the guy again because he quit the gym. If this available anywhere on the net (I dont mean the one recorded non-soundboard)? I would love to get those spectrum boots too.
  • Options
    I'm debating buying GA tickets to one of the Philly shows, unfortunately from stubhub. What's the standard Bruce protocol if it's GA for getting to the front? I'm not the tallest guy in the world so I usually avoid GA, but would love to be at up on the gate for this one. Pointers welcome.

Some Springsteen shows have a pit lottery and others are first in line/first inside. The lottery typically works like this: You show up early and they give you a numbered wristband. About 90 minutes before the show they announce a range of numbers (lets say between 235 and 335) and those folks get entry first. Then they take the next 100 (336 - 436), and so forth until the pit is filled. Everyone else gets the leftovers...
  • Options
    I've got a ton of Bruce boots... if you can't use a torrent site site then send me a PM and I'd be willing to start a vine.

If you can use a torrent site then the holy grail of Bruce boot collections (damned near every one) is available from our fine friends in Italy:

http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/

I've got about 50 boots from that site, including the epic 1978 shows that Crystal Cat bootlegged from the live FM broadcasts (Agora, Roxy, Winterland, Passaic).

Jungleland also has an artwork archive.

Best way to thank me would be to point me to where I can get a really nice PJ 1998 East Lansing poster. :D
  • Options
    Lanternjaw wrote:

Some Springsteen shows have a pit lottery and others are first in line/first inside. The lottery typically works like this: You show up early and they give you a numbered wristband. About 90 minutes before the show they announce a range of numbers (lets say between 235 and 335) and those folks get entry first. Then they take the next 100 (336 - 436), and so forth until the pit is filled. Everyone else gets the leftovers...
    That sounds extremely risky for a short guy like myself. Knowing a place like philadelphia, the wells fargo center will mostlikely do a lottery system. Would you recommend a lower level ticket behind the crowd or GA?