Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    Lower level side stage would be the best but Bruce plays to the entire arena and uses screens so a behind the stage seat won't be bad. GA is great if you can stand for 5-6 hours (line plus the show), even if you're short because you can move towards the sides and still get a good view.

Me? I'd take the best seats I could afford. :)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    I've got a ton of Bruce boots... if you can't use a torrent site site then send me a PM and I'd be willing to start a vine.

If you can use a torrent site then the holy grail of Bruce boot collections (damned near every one) is available from our fine friends in Italy:

http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/

I've got about 50 boots from that site, including the epic 1978 shows that Crystal Cat bootlegged from the live FM broadcasts (Agora, Roxy, Winterland, Passaic).

Jungleland also has an artwork archive.

Best way to thank me would be to point me to where I can get a really nice PJ 1998 East Lansing poster. :D
    :o:o:o

I need to find a way to thank you.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    What's the difference between these two Passaic shows (2 and 3)?

http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torrents ... incldead=0
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    OH MY GOD...A SHOW FROM WATERBURY DURING THE BTR TOUR!! :D:D

I never knew he performed at the Palace Theater. This made my night.

http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torrents ... p?id=34855
  • Options
    TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
    edited February 2012
    Thanks latern! I don't see those shows soundboard but a great site eitherway
    Post edited by TheSpectrum on
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    What's the difference between these two Passaic shows (2 and 3)?

http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torrents ... incldead=0

There was a 9/19 and a 9/20 show... If you're trying to choose between two boots of the same show I'd go with the one with the most downloads as that tends to be indicative of the best quality. BTW, there's DVD's available for both Passaic shows (samples of them are on youtube).
  • Options
    Thanks latern! I don't see those shows soundboard but a great site either way. Did anyone grab that show on sirious last night?

There's a few IEM boots from the 2009 tour on there. The best I've heard is for the River show at MSG that November (I was there!). I saw the Darkness album show at the Spectrum a couple weeks before PJ closed it down... that show was awesome but I don't know if there's a soundboard boot for it.
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Lanternjaw wrote:
    Thanks latern! I don't see those shows soundboard but a great site either way. Did anyone grab that show on sirious last night?

There's a few IEM boots from the 2009 tour on there. The best I've heard is for the River show at MSG that November (I was there!). I saw the Darkness album show at the Spectrum a couple weeks before PJ closed it down... that show was awesome but I don't know if there's a soundboard boot for it.

Yeah, that IEM of the River show is the best sounding boot of the '09 tour!
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Springsteen @ MSG Friday, Capitals @ Rangers Saturday, Bulls @ Knicks Sunday! WOAH!! :shock:
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,258
    Lanternjaw wrote:

There's a few "matrix" recordings, which are the IEM feed mixed with the audience recordings, some of those are just exceptional. The one from MSG for The River in 2009 is a great example. I've not seen the IEM recordings from Philly, but my bootleg grabbing is usually any show with real rarities, and the year compilations put together by Flynn McLean are well worth having if you don't want a stack of shows you won't listen to in full very often.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    That sounds extremely risky for a short guy like myself. Knowing a place like philadelphia, the wells fargo center will mostlikely do a lottery system. Would you recommend a lower level ticket behind the crowd or GA?

At this point, I can be in the last row of the highest section and have a great time - I've been front row center, elbows on the stage, hands on Bruce's guitar during Born to Run (and almost be decapitated by those behind me), and I've been last row highest section. Both are great. I was at the last E Street Band show in Buffalo in 09, and what I liked about being last row was I could stand the whole time with my back against the wall and not annoy all the sitters in front of me. It was still just me and Bruce, even from up there. GA for Bruce is pretty tame, and not packed in like some shows, so you can move around a bit, but I'd even go for higher sections than lower level behind GA to see better.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Got tickets for Greensboro! woohoo. My first chance was nosebleed so I took a chance and searched again and got lower level...no floor available. Either way, never seen him so this is going to be awesome!! :D
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    Got tickets for Greensboro! woohoo. My first chance was nosebleed so I took a chance and searched again and got lower level...no floor available. Either way, never seen him so this is going to be awesome!! :D

I just snagged mine for the April 26th show in Los Angeles at the 'Dump that Jumps' (aka, the old LA Sports Arena). This will be my first Bruce concert as well.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:

I just snagged mine for the April 26th show in Los Angeles at the 'Dump that Jumps' (aka, the old LA Sports Arena). This will be my first Bruce concert as well.
    :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    This is a nice article about "Nebraska". I should listen to it more.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/column/153 ... arkness/P0

Here's the book that's mentioned in the article.

http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Darkness-Br ... 966&sr=1-1
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Bruce Springsteen Announces Additional Musicians for 2012 ‘Wrecking Ball’ World Tour

The expanded line up for this Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour features singers Cindy Mizelle and Curtis King, trombonist Clark Gayton and trumpeter Curt Ramm, all of whom have toured with Bruce Springsteen in the past along with newcomer Barry Danielian on trumpet. E Street stalwart Eddie Manion and first time tour member Jake Clemons, will share the saxophone role.
  • Options
    Bruce Springsteen Announces Additional Musicians for 2012 ‘Wrecking Ball’ World Tour

The expanded line up for this Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band tour features singers Cindy Mizelle and Curtis King, trombonist Clark Gayton and trumpeter Curt Ramm, all of whom have toured with Bruce Springsteen in the past along with newcomer Barry Danielian on trumpet. E Street stalwart Eddie Manion and first time tour member Jake Clemons, will share the saxophone role.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    norm wrote:

I was fortunate enough to see J. Clemons play alongside Eddie during his last stop in Philly. He played on "Drive All Night" with Hansard as well. Unreal performance. Really was a shame that the Philly show was one of only 2 shows that audio recordings never surfaced.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the Bruce advice. I ended up going with behind the stage for night one and am still looking for tickets for night two.

Jake should make a great addition. If anyone needs an audience recording (not by me) of that emotional drive all night with him Eddie and glen send me a pm, it made me turn into a little girl. I never felt something that emotionally overwhelming in all the hundreds of concerts I have been to.
  • Options
    I am seriously considering tracking this guy down to get copies of those boots. His stuff was legit spectrum sbd and he never told me how he got them just that he had privileges.
    So my question is, would that be weird/creepy if I tracked him down and called his house lol? I wasn't friends with him, just talked music and hockey.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the Bruce advice. I ended up going with behind the stage for night one and am still looking for tickets for night two.

Jake should make a great addition. If anyone needs an audience recording (not by me) of that emotional drive all night with him Eddie and glen send me a pm, it made me turn into a little girl. I never felt something that emotionally overwhelming in all the hundreds of concerts I have been to.
    pm sent
  • Options
    Thanks for the mp3. Great to finally here it again and relive how powerful that moment was.
  • Options
    Can't get past "Cover Me" from the last Giants Stadium show on 10/9/2009.
  • Options
    Just found this now. An absolutely touching moment. Cant believe this isnt talked about more often.
    I was blown away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pbaMvUE8c
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Just found this now. An absolutely touching moment. Cant believe this isnt talked about more often.
    I was blown away.

This is awesome, hadn't heard it before. I was at the Hartford show when Eddie found out Clarence had died, it was really odd looking back now. I'll be seeing Jake play with Bruce in a month!
  • Options
    awilkins wrote:
    I was blown away.

This is awesome, hadn't heard it before. I was at the Hartford show when Eddie found out Clarence had died, it was really odd looking back now. I'll be seeing Jake play with Bruce in a month!
    Yeah, I was at Hartford also and that was odd. He was just talking about how they had played with them in 2004 and hoping he gets well and his guitar guy comes out and tells him. His emotions went to another level after he found out.
  • Options
    This is awesome. Never saw this performance of Bruce with the Seeger Sessions Band on Late Night with Conan O'Brien before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DqZn4Qc58
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,258
    Newch91 wrote:
    This is awesome. Never saw this performance of Bruce with the Seeger Sessions Band on Late Night with Conan O'Brien before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15DqZn4Qc58

Great clip, and here's another with the Sessions Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZWIJOU44Vc

Still don't know why I didn't go see him on that tour.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    I've decided Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is the greatest band ever. The debates can now end.
  • Options
    I've decided Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is the greatest American band ever. The debates can now end.
    Fixed ;)